[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Hello,

I am having problems connecting a deluge client to the docker. When I enter the servers details on the client it finds it ok but it then asks for a username and password ( a). I have read the documentation and posts online that I should add this info to the auth file (b).

<admin username>:<admin password>:<level>

The default value is as follows:-

admin:deluge:10

However, when I do it still let me login. Is there something I am missing? Any help would be appreciated.

(a)

b.png

a.png

On 7/3/2023 at 7:13 AM, nitha said:

I've just started experiencing this yesterday. I thought it might be because I upgraded 6.9.1 to 6.12.2 but not entirely sure how that could happen. Essentially, peers get connected for about 3 seconds, and then disappear again. No logs at all.

EDIT: I'd remembered that after updating Unraid one of the downloads finished, and there was an error in moving it to the completed folder. On a hunch, I decided to delete all the Downloads/* folders (completed, incomplete etc etc) and stop/start deluge. Everything now working. Highly recommend doing this. Bit odd that there were no errors or anything coming through in the logs?

Wanted to say thanks as this solution corrected my issue as well.

I'm receiving the following error message after performing an install of the docker container on Unraid 6.12.2. It had been running this week but whenever I try to start it it says there is a server error. Here's the docker add container screen. I have removed the VPN User and VPN Password intentionally. The error message is at the bottom.

docker run
  -d
  --name='binhex-delugevpn'
  --net='bridge'
  --privileged=true
  -e TZ="America/New_York"
  -e HOST_OS="Unraid"
  -e HOST_HOSTNAME="BlackBetty"
  -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="binhex-delugevpn"
  -e 'VPN_ENABLED'='yes'
  -e 'VPN_USER'=''
  -e 'VPN_PASS'=''
  -e 'VPN_PROV'='custom'
  -e 'VPN_CLIENT'='openvpn'
  -e 'VPN_OPTIONS'=''
  -e 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD'='yes'
  -e 'ENABLE_PRIVOXY'='no'
  -e 'LAN_NETWORK'='192.168.1.0/24'
  -e 'NAME_SERVERS'='84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1'
  -e 'DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL'='info'
  -e 'DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL'='info'
  -e 'DELUGE_ENABLE_WEBUI_PASSWORD'='yes'
  -e 'VPN_INPUT_PORTS'=''
  -e 'VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS'=''
  -e 'DEBUG'='false'
  -e 'UMASK'='000'
  -e 'PUID'='99'
  -e 'PGID'='100'
  -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman
  -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:8112]/'
  -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/binhex/docker-templates/master/binhex/images/deluge-icon.png'
  -p '8112:8112/tcp'
  -p '58846:58846/tcp'
  -p '58946:58946/tcp'
  -p '58946:58946/udp'
  -p '8118:8118/tcp'
  -v '/mnt/user/downloads/':'/data':'rw'
  -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn':'/config':'rw'
  --sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1" 'binhex/arch-delugevpn'

9de5252265160f13f43a7d50802155aa0a1e64262cb7ea3d326a2daab5d91cf5
docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint binhex-delugevpn (625087964e37b29bc5539dc96544773bd26bdc08e1985813208e25030754ef91): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp4 0.0.0.0:58946: bind: address already in use.

4 minutes ago, wild_hoagie said:

bind: address already in use.

this is your key bit of info, its telling you you already have that port in use on the host side, if you dont see another container running with that port number then a quick reboot of your server will fix it.

Hi,

the binhex/arch-delugevpn docker image is great. Thanks for putting your time into it. 

What I'm missing is a way to configure it with commands to be executed upon startup - e.g. in order to configure my VPN provider with port forwarding with a `curl` command after I've connected to the VPN. 

Is there a way to do this? 

Thanks!

On 6/22/2023 at 1:08 PM, strike said:

Unless you're outside your LAN that's not your issue. That error would have been there before 6.12 too.

Edit: Actually with the new unraid version and the changes to networking maybe deluge thinks your outside your LAN. Are you running zerotier or Tailscale by any chance? 

Thinking I’ve got this same issue. On 6.12.2, no zerotier, no tailscale, bridged network mode, pia user. Logs get to starting webui and successfully start just can’t access webui from any browser. The arr dockers can still access/use deluge. Will upload logs tonight

Hello, 

I am using Mullvad and I wanted to see if there was a way to find out what the name of the device that I'm using. I have added the configuration info my deluge profile and its working. 

Recently mullvad is doing this (https://mullvad.net/en/blog/2022/6/13/introducing-names-for-easier-device-management/) its naming connections like flying walrus etc I have ID'd all but two and one of them is this deluge docker. Is there any way to find the "device name" ?

So I have a pretty interesting issue if anyone wants to help me take a look at it. I am running latest version of Unraid with latest version of arch-delugevpn. I have mostly gotten privatevpn wireguard working. I can upload and download for about 5 minutes, and then it all drops to 0, and at the same time I lose all network in my house. I have tried with 2 different vpns but only used openvpn with them and it all works fine. I downloaded qbittorrent and privatevpn wireguard worked with it, but did the same thing. There also doesn't seem to be anything interesting in the logs. Any ideas what logs to check or maybe what to look for on my router?

Also just saw that 6.12.3 is out, probably won't change anything but installing that now to test. 

Router FreshTomato 2023.3

Unraid 6.12.2

PrivateVPN Wireguard

2023-07-15 00:09:34,821 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[debug] Valid local IP address from tunnel acquired '10.34.118.33'

[debug] Valid gateway IP address from tunnel acquired ''

[debug] Checking we can resolve name 'www.google.com' to address...

2023-07-15 00:09:49,845 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[debug] Having issues resolving name 'www.google.com'
[debug] Retrying in 5 secs...

2023-07-15 00:09:49,846 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[debug] 11 retries left

2023-07-15 00:10:00,373 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2023-07-15 00:10:09,872 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[debug] 10 retries left

2023-07-15 00:10:15,398 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

[debug] 11 retries left

2023-07-15 00:10:29,897 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[debug] 9 retries left

2023-07-15 00:10:35,423 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[debug] 10 retries left

• Like 1

Hi All,

I've been using delugevpn for a long time now without issue and it's a great app. Suddenly though when I try and open the webUI all I get is "unable to connect". I've done a bit of searching around and tried a few things, but haven't been able to get it working again. I am a bit of a novice user, so would appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction. I have noticed in the log a couple of errors - one relating to the credentials.conf file and one relating to ping. I have tried changing the .ovpn file which was one suggestion and has worked previously when I had issues, but this time to no avail.

image.thumb.png.cde9aab3d7d426553f3ba669d09b09db.png

47 minutes ago, The Gleamer said:

Hi All,

I've been using delugevpn for a long time now without issue and it's a great app. Suddenly though when I try and open the webUI all I get is "unable to connect". I've done a bit of searching around and tried a few things, but haven't been able to get it working again. I am a bit of a novice user, so would appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction. I have noticed in the log a couple of errors - one relating to the credentials.conf file and one relating to ping. I have tried changing the .ovpn file which was one suggestion and has worked previously when I had issues, but this time to no avail.

image.thumb.png.cde9aab3d7d426553f3ba669d09b09db.png

there is no error shown in that screenshot, please do the following:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

4 hours ago, binhex said:

The latest image will now automatically assign and set an incoming port for you in the application when using VPN provider ProtonVPN, support for both wireguard and openvpn is included, for instructions see Q31:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

What if I'm using cryptostorm and need to make a HTTP POST request in order to forward that incoming port? 

I'm getting the same 'unable to connect' error and this is the only error I'm seeing in the log:

2023-07-15 14:19:23,285 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
/usr/include/c++/13.1.1/bits/stl_vector.h:1125: std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::reference std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::operator[](size_type) [with _Tp = std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>; _Alloc = std::allocator<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char> >; reference = std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>&; size_type = long unsigned int]: Assertion '__n < this->size()' failed.

Edit: I forgot to mention, this error is the last thing in the log and it hangs after that.

Edited by eaglephantom
Adding necessary information
  • Like 1
On 7/11/2023 at 8:36 AM, mwoods98 said:

Hello, 

I am using Mullvad and I wanted to see if there was a way to find out what the name of the device that I'm using. I have added the configuration info my deluge profile and its working. 

Recently mullvad is doing this (https://mullvad.net/en/blog/2022/6/13/introducing-names-for-easier-device-management/) its naming connections like flying walrus etc I have ID'd all but two and one of them is this deluge docker. Is there any way to find the "device name" ?

In your appdata/binhex-delugevpn/wireguard folder, there's a wg0.conf file. If you used one of Mullvad's wg conf files, the initial comments in the file should still be in the wg0.conf file that has the connection name.

If you manually built it, there's probably not a way to find out which is which and best to just remove them all from Mullvad's account page, then regenerate new ones and re-apply one of the wg.conf files they provide with the connection name as a comment in the conf file.

Hi binhex,

I'm using ProtonVPN and the latest image but the forwarded port is not being assigned correctly.

As an alternative setup I'm also using GluetunVPN and binhex-deluge and that works with ProtonVPN.

EDIT: I reinstalled the container and it's working now. Did a little testing and it seems the STRICT_PORT_FORWARD needs to be 'yes'. I thought the setting was solely for PIA?

supervisord.log

Edited by binguser
Resolved.
On 7/15/2023 at 8:15 AM, jherrinjr said:

So I have a pretty interesting issue if anyone wants to help me take a look at it. I am running latest version of Unraid with latest version of arch-delugevpn. I have mostly gotten privatevpn wireguard working. I can upload and download for about 5 minutes, and then it all drops to 0, and at the same time I lose all network in my house. I have tried with 2 different vpns but only used openvpn with them and it all works fine. I downloaded qbittorrent and privatevpn wireguard worked with it, but did the same thing. There also doesn't seem to be anything interesting in the logs. Any ideas what logs to check or maybe what to look for on my router?

Also just saw that 6.12.3 is out, probably won't change anything but installing that now to test. 

Router FreshTomato 2023.3

Unraid 6.12.2

PrivateVPN Wireguard

[debug] Valid local IP address from tunnel acquired '10.34.118.33'

[debug] Valid gateway IP address from tunnel acquired ''

2023-07-15 00:09:49,845 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2023-07-15 00:09:49,846 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[debug] 11 retries left

2023-07-15 00:10:00,373 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2023-07-15 00:10:09,872 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[debug] 10 retries left

[debug] 11 retries left

2023-07-15 00:10:29,897 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[debug] 9 retries left

2023-07-15 00:10:35,423 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[debug] 10 retries left

Having the same issue here

Before my issue above I had updated to 6.12.2 and it broke a few other things, so I reverted back to 6.11.5. I'm not sure if that's what caused the error, but I did have to force update all of my containers to get them to start up without "execution error". Did anyone else experiencing problems update Unraid and then revert back like I did?

On 7/16/2023 at 1:02 AM, binguser said:

EDIT: I reinstalled the container and it's working now. Did a little testing and it seems the STRICT_PORT_FORWARD needs to be 'yes'. I thought the setting was solely for PIA?

this slipped my mind, yes you do need to specify that if you want to enable an incoming port, if you dont care about that or want to connect to an endpoint that is not enabled for port forwarding then you can set that to 'no', protonvpn should still work, it just means you wont get assigned an incoming port.

5 hours ago, binhex said:

this slipped my mind, yes you do need to specify that if you want to enable an incoming port, if you dont care about that or want to connect to an endpoint that is not enabled for port forwarding then you can set that to 'no', protonvpn should still work, it just means you wont get assigned an incoming port.

I think the VPN FAQ should be updated, it mentions "Note:- The above is ONLY true for PIA users, the env var 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD' does nothing for any other VPN providers." in A10.

• Like 1
On 6/28/2023 at 8:24 PM, ibbanez said:

So I saw this, and thought this was the answer to my question, but its still not opening the GUI. I do have a question about the Credentials.conf file. Do I need to change that to the new NordVPN service credentials? I've changed it under edit in Unraid, and I even trying replacing my username/password with the new credentials, but something in the docker keeps overwriting the credentials.conf file with my real username and password. Is this correct behavior? Is it translating the service credentials into the real credentials? I think its running, but I'm unable to view it. I also did update to the latest update, but hadn't rebooted. I was reading back a few pages and saw the update could have caused issues. Ive since downgraded and rebooted, but no luck, I'm still unable to view the GUI. Do I need to delete the docker and re set it up?  Thoughts? 

I had the same issue after updating my credentials in the docker config and then manually in the credentials.conf file within the docker.  The file kept getting overwritten with the previous values.  For some reason even though we updated the environment variable in the docker configuration it's keeping the old credentials and using those to overwrite the creds in the credentials.conf file.

Ensure you have the NordVPN service credentials entered into the docker configuration the go to the docker tab in Unraid and do a force update.  That should fix the issue if you haven't resolved it already.