[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

That is indeed a great point. I did have some issues in the past though, because I simply use "linuxserver/nextcloud" -> latest. Potentially not the greatest idea on my side. Before the updater.phar change it did not bother me too much, because I could simply upgrade myself. Now I can't see directly when the new major will be applied if I update my container.

F.e. with postgres, I simply use "postgres:16" for the latest minor release in current major and don't worry about it.

If I check the NC tags, I can see "29.0.7 as well as "30.0.0". (I don't know though what the additional tags like "29.0.7-previous" do)

Is there a best practice like using explicit tags like "linuxserver/nextcloud:29.0.7" instead of "linuxserver/nextcloud" and only changing to "linuxserver/nextcloud:30.0.1" (or as you mentioned .3) when they are available?

How do you (in the sense of everybody else) handle your NC upgrades?

1 hour ago, dreadu said:

That is indeed a great point. I did have some issues in the past though, because I simply use "linuxserver/nextcloud" -> latest. Potentially not the greatest idea on my side. Before the updater.phar change it did not bother me too much, because I could simply upgrade myself. Now I can't see directly when the new major will be applied if I update my container.

F.e. with postgres, I simply use "postgres:16" for the latest minor release in current major and don't worry about it.

If I check the NC tags, I can see "29.0.7 as well as "30.0.0". (I don't know though what the additional tags like "29.0.7-previous" do)

Is there a best practice like using explicit tags like "linuxserver/nextcloud:29.0.7" instead of "linuxserver/nextcloud" and only changing to "linuxserver/nextcloud:30.0.1" (or as you mentioned .3) when they are available?

I use a specific version  in my container config. For example, I'm on nextcloud:27.1.4-ls289 right now and I'll be going to 28 next week(probably previous-28.0.10-ls12). I've read that it's a good practice to use a specific tag for stability otherwise, you might wake up one morning with a borked system. For less important stuff, like Plex, I just use the general tag to keep on the latest.

Before I upgrade, I usually go to the last version of the current release(in this case, 27.1.4-ls289), then go to the next major release. Don't skip major releases(27->28 is OK, 27->29 no bueno).

I'm also going with an n-2 strategy, again for stability.

6 hours ago, dreadu said:

Like this.....

1. Go to linuxserver.io 

2. Find the tag of the version you want, ie.

image.thumb.png.9ff5aa9b9285728df6d9f06b57a4bded.png

3. Open your Nextcloud docker and copy / paste the tag onto the end of lscr.io/linuxserver/(paste here)

image.thumb.png.92acb972b0dc6058b03e905e892b5da4.png

Proceed to update. Make sure you backup your appdata first. If the upgrade fails or has too many errors, it will save you time to roll back than deal with the issues. Make sure its your NC and Database folder that are backed up properly. If NC won't upgrade, but the database has, as part of the upgrade. You ideally should roll back both.

As a minimum, if you're jumping to new main versions, I would do at least the middle and last upgrade before jumping. ie. v. 28 to 30. I would be doing 28.03, 28.05, 28.09 then go to v29 up until its latest version before jumping to the v.30 stable version available.

Hope that helps.

As far as I know, it is not a mistake to enter the full tag, you could also use

lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:29 ----> Upgrades every time there is an new subversion of the image like 29.0.1 or 29.1.2 and so on

lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:29.0.7 ----> this only updates the docker image to the latest 29.0.7 branch like 29.0.7-ls340 or 29.0.7-ls343 and so on

Hi,

can someone please help me with my lsio nextcloud container? I think after a recent update(s?) I get internal server error 500, and can't login to nextcloud (my mobile app seems to stay connected to the nextcloud server, I can browse but can't upload files). I'm trying various things now for 3 days to fix it:

I have configs and logs:

config.php

/mnt/user/nextcloud/nextcloud.log

pw: MbtNuJXPWK

/mnt/user/appdata/swag/log/nginx/access.log <-- nothing, only tokens

/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/log/nginx/error.log <-- this is empty

nothing suspicious in redis and in mariadb logs

I tried the following things so far:

- force reinstall nextcloud docker

- reinstalling nextcloud with specific version tags (by the way the linuxserver dockers are updating and installing extremely slowly for me)

- using sample swag subdomain config for nextcloud

- trying out two differently setup cloudflared tunnel (locally managed "cloudflared" container and the newer one guided by Spaceinvader One, where the public host names are set up on the web ui of cloudflare: "Unraid-Cloudflared-Tunnel").

At the moment the latter one is active and recorded some logs on cloudflare web ui (clicked on Connector details, and started a log stream). Here I only see the Internal server error 500

- removed all of the swag mods from booting and from the conf files

- I don't want to open a port on my router, so I haven't checked what happens if I turn off the proxy on cloudflare and put my real IP in DNS settings

I'm really frustrated, because I didn't change anything on mariadb or nextcloud config, "just updated" nextcloud container and nothing else.

I have appdata backups of all dockers, from 09-14. Should I do a restore (with appdata backup) for nextcloud and mariadb?

I already set up zfs datasets on my appdata. If I would have done snapshots before the crash, maybe restoring would be even easier...?

I appreciate any help, 

Thanks