unRAID Server Version 6.2.1 Available

I upgraded after clean install, I had no shares or whatever and now when I add a share doesn't show up in the web interface. However the folder is exists and works. I can  view them at dashboard shares list but not on the shares tab.

The symptoms are consistent with an adblocker blocking the unRAID GUI.  If you run an adblocker in your browser then you need to whitelist the unRAID server.

I feel stupid, you are right, thanks :o

Don't worry - many people (including myself) have fallen foul of this issue at some point. It would be nice to know exactly what triggers the adblocker to see if the trigger code could be removed from the GUI.
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the command line reboot suggestion by dlandon below added as part of the shut down fixes?

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=51983.msg499540#msg499540

Also if you do the powerdown command via cli and it hangs will it still invoke the poweroff command via the webgui timeout?

Not exactly.  The 'powerdown' script is now just a wrapper for backward-compatibility.  The work is done in /etc/rc.d/rc.local_shutdown.  You can take a look in there to see what it's doing.

The cli and other options for shutting down/rebooting, etc are:

- reboot

- poweroff

- Ctrl-Alt-Del

- Quick push of the power button

- UPS power failure

These commands are deprecated, but still there for compatibility for the time being:

- powerdown

- powerdown -r

If you use either /sbin/powerdown or /usr/local/sbin/powerdown in any scripts, you need to change them to the newer methods:

- Change 'powerdown' to '/sbin/poweroff'

- Change 'powerdown -r' to '/sbin/reboot'

Is there any difference in function between poweroff and powerdown or should I just use poweroff from now on and have my server shutdown cleanly?

I upgraded after clean install, I had no shares or whatever and now when I add a share doesn't show up in the web interface. However the folder is exists and works. I can  view them at dashboard shares list but not on the shares tab.

The symptoms are consistent with an adblocker blocking the unRAID GUI.  If you run an adblocker in your browser then you need to whitelist the unRAID server.

Don't worry - many people (including myself) have fallen foul of this issue at some point. It would be nice to know exactly what triggers the adblocker to see if the trigger code could be removed from the GUI.

Different adblockers do different things. E.g. my adblocker blocks popups, but works fine with user shares. To ensure proper operation of the GUI for all pages, the simple statement is disable adblockers or whitelist the GUI.

Different adblockers do different things. E.g. my adblocker blocks popups, but works fine with user shares. To ensure proper operation of the GUI for all pages, the simple statement is disable adblockers or whitelist the GUI.

It sounds as if instructions to disable any adblocker should be added to the standard documentation for setting up the flash drive in the first place.

Updated from 6.1.9 with only the layer manifest docker issue. Docker wipe and recreate, and all's well. Cheers guys!

Updated, dockers disappeared. IMG location is correct and so is appdata. Going for another reboot.

Reboot didn't help. If you turn off dockers does it blow away the IMG file? Or I'll just copy it first. I only had three of them there, but expected them to show back up. All three were NOT on autostart.

Well, if anyone has suggestions on how to get my dockers back that would be cool. I just did the upgrade through the ui.

Updated from 6.1.9 with only the layer manifest docker issue. Docker wipe and recreate, and all's well. Cheers guys!

Updated, dockers disappeared. IMG location is correct and so is appdata. Going for another reboot.

Reboot didn't help. If you turn off dockers does it blow away the IMG file? Or I'll just copy it first. I only had three of them there, but expected them to show back up. All three were NOT on autostart.

Well, if anyone has suggestions on how to get my dockers back that would be cool. I just did the upgrade through the ui.

My dockers were there, but all had an update (they didn't actually). Started updating, some failed, ended up wiping.

Turn off the docker service. It's in the docker settings somewhere, but there's a 'Delete docker image file' checkbox you'll need to tick to remove the image file. After that, just turn the service back on, and you can recreate your dockers from templates. Everything should be as you left it. I didn't have to do any setup what-so-ever.

My dockers were there, but all had an update (they didn't actually). Started updating, some failed, ended up wiping.

Turn off the docker service. It's in the docker settings somewhere, but there's a 'Delete docker image file' checkbox you'll need to tick to remove the image file. After that, just turn the service back on, and you can recreate your dockers from templates. Everything should be as you left it. I didn't have to do any setup what-so-ever.

Thanks.

Feel sorry for the guys that have many dockers.

Thanks.

Don't, it's not as time consuming as you might think..  ;)

I think that 5-10 minutes is about the average.  Sure its 5 minutes I'll never get back, but fairly sure that I've easily wasted that before in my life  8)

Thanks.

Don't, it's not as time consuming as you might think..  ;)

I think that 5-10 minutes is about the average.  Sure its 5 minutes I'll never get back, but fairly sure that I've easily wasted that before in my life  8)

You guys need to learn to multi-task. I don't stare at my unRAID webUI waiting for this. I can devote those 5 minutes to my wife. ;D

You guys need to learn to multi-task. I don't stare at my unRAID webUI waiting for this. I can devote those 5 minutes to my wife. ;D

You mean like romance?!?!  Isn't that for singles?

Is this docker re-build a normal part of the upgrade process going forward or only at certain times. I'm just down to 6 dockers, rebuilt them all and just had trouble with Crashplan but eventually worked through it and got it going.

You mean like romance?!?!  Isn't that for singles?

Is this docker re-build a normal part of the upgrade process going forward or only at certain times. I'm just down to 6 dockers, rebuilt them all and just had trouble with Crashplan but eventually worked through it and got it going.

Currently its a one-time thing, but that may change depending upon docker itself and its API.  Basically out of LT's hands.

Hi!

Having an odd issue after upgrading to 6.2 (and 6.2.1).

Things get moved TO my cache drive until it fills, not from it as would be expected by the mover.

Any tips?

Post some diagnostics, not sure what you're seeing, but I don't believe it's Unraid is doing this, more likely something else is going on.

Hi!

Things get moved TO my cache drive until it fills, not from it as would be expected by the mover.

Any tips?

Check the settings for the Share(s) in question.  If they are set to the new 'Prefer' setting then that would be expected behaviour.

Yup, that was it. I  missunderstood that setting. Thanks for clearing that up :)

Hi!

Any tips?

Check the settings for the Share(s) in question.  If they are set to the new 'Prefer' setting then that would be expected behaviour.

I have a problem with this version. After the update my server is stuck in a bootloop.

I tried normal mode (bootloop at loading bzroot), normal mode with GUI (freezes when selecting), safe mode (same as normal mode).

The server worked fine on the last version so I would really appreciate some help.

I'd pull the flash, download the release manually then copy across bzimage, bzroot and bzroot-gui from the zip file across to the flash and try again.  Just in case there was some corruption on the download.

Did that just after posting. I was just about to edit this in when I received your reply. Didn't work though.

Edit:

Replacing the new image with the old version did boot my server back (apart from the now broken dynamix page) so it's definitely something with the new version.