Taddeusz

[Support] jasonbean - Apache Guacamole

540 posts in this topic Last Reply

3 minutes ago, nuhll said:

Is there no workaround or setting to have the same "workflow" as if i would run the terminal via http from unraid?

I was going to ask what browser you're using. As @alturismo said it works under Chrome. Safari doesn't seem to give the same kind of access to the system clipboard so you have to manually paste into Clipboard input box.

too bad, also may check this in your unraid ssh connection settings in guac

image.png.36984ccc60291971746280b4d015c63f.png

Posted (edited)

Yes i have chrome and no i didnt changed anything besides "SSH" "IP" "PORT" "USER" "PASSWORD". :)

But it never asked for any permissions!?

Edited by nuhll

3 minutes ago, nuhll said:

Yes i have chrome and no i didnt changed anything besides "SSH" "IP" "PORT" "USER" "PASSWORD". :)

But it never asked for any permissions!?

Click on the lock to the left of the address and there should be an option there to allow the site to access your clipboard.

Ure right, it says blocked, but its grey i cant enable it... XD

I guess i have to add ssl to it for chrome allowing me to fugging use my clipboard, what a .......

Hi

Anyway to make file transfers work when using Guacamole to connect via VNC to a Windows VM on the server?

The VM is on an isolated network, so no access to the server shares or switching to RDP is possible...

Thanks

14 minutes ago, gshlomi said:

Hi

Anyway to make file transfers work when using Guacamole to connect via VNC to a Windows VM on the server?

The VM is on an isolated network, so no access to the server shares or switching to RDP is possible...

Thanks

You would need to be running an SFTP server on your Windows VM for that to work.

On 7/23/2020 at 12:43 AM, Taddeusz said:

You would need to be running an SFTP server on your Windows VM for that to work.

Even if I run an SFTP server on my Windows VM, it's IP address is in a range that Guacamole can't reach (it's on an isolated network).

Or am I missing anything?

14 hours ago, gshlomi said:

Even if I run an SFTP server on my Windows VM, it's IP address is in a range that Guacamole can't reach (it's on an isolated network).

Or am I missing anything?

For Guacamole's VNC file transfer to work it's going to need to be able to talk to the remote directly. This won't be possible with your virtual network configuration and I don't know how to work around that. I need to be able to access my VM's directly so I don't have it configured that way.

Thanks for this docker, just a small question, would it possible to throw fail2ban into the docker? It seems like you can try unlimited passwords...

11 minutes ago, nuhll said:

Thanks for this docker, just a small question, would it possible to throw fail2ban into the docker? It seems like you can try unlimited passwords...

Are you using the letsencrypt docker for reverse proxy? It includes fail2ban and has a filter for Guacamole. It’s possible the filter needs updated for your configuration.

No im not using, i try to use not so many dockers. Woudlnt it make sense to include fail2ban direct into your docker? Bc then i wouldnt need another 2? programs running and you know, more running things, more possible bugs/exploits

maybe just add it as an option for ppl who dont want to use another thing infront of guacamole? like fail2ban = true or false standard might be false

Edited by nuhll

8 minutes ago, nuhll said:

No im not using, i try to use not so many dockers. Woudlnt it make sense to include fail2ban direct into your docker? Bc then i wouldnt need another 2? programs running

I will look into it. This is already a pretty huge container. While I do sympathize with your situation, given its size I'm hesitant to add more functionality that isn't core to Guacamole and can be provided another way.

Thanks, i cant ask for more.

Fail2ban seems to be around 1 mb. I dont know how much "iptables" (or equevalent) as size is, but that cant be much? Webserver is already inclued, fail2ban should only need to watch log and then set a ban. I think you use debian docker core? Mabye its already included...?