[Support] Djoss - HandBrake

16 hours ago, 08deanr said:

i am getting the following error message in the logs, does anyone have any ideas? Everything was working just fine earlier today and now not so much. I did update the docker as i have done before but im not sure what the version was before the latest on.

The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> Warning: Unsupported high keycode 372 for name <I372> ignored
> X11 cannot support keycodes above 255.
> This warning only shows for the first high keycode.
> Internal error: Could not resolve keysym XF86MonBrightnessCycle
> Internal error: Could not resolve keysym XF86RotationLockToggle
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
[services.d] starting autovideoconverter...
[services.d] starting logmonitor...
[services.d] starting statusmonitor...
[logmonitor] no file to monitor: disabling service...
[services.d] starting openbox...
[statusmonitor] no file to monitor: disabling service...
[openbox] starting...
The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> Warning: Unsupported high keycode 372 for name <I372> ignored
> X11 cannot support keycodes above 255.
> This warning only shows for the first high keycode.
[autovideoconverter] starting...
[autovideoconverter] Processing watch folder '/watch'...
> Internal error: Could not resolve keysym XF86MonBrightnessCycle
> Internal error: Could not resolve keysym XF86RotationLockToggle

You should not be concerned by these messages.  Which issue do you have exactly ?

3 hours ago, romanodog said:

Hello, I've just set this docker up to watch and auto process a folder.  I keep getting an error "Invalid preset Fast 1080p30".  I get this for any preset that I select in the docker settings.  I'm not sure why... can somebody help?

3 minutes ago, JeffreyVrancken said:

Exactly the same here. Was working before the docker was updated. No idea what the previous version was.

Where you possible to fix it?

The way to identify a preset has been changed in the latest HandBrake version.  Add the folder/group in with your preset is.  For example, the official "Very Fast 1080p" preset is now identified by "General/Very Fast 1080p".

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Djoss said:

The way to identify a preset has been changed in the latest HandBrake version.  Add the folder/group in with your preset is.  For example, the official "Very Fast 1080p" preset is now identified by "General/Very Fast 1080p".

That did it, thanks!

I was having an issue where the update caused my watch folder to stop being processed, I was getting different errors, but changing the preset I use to have "General/" before it fixed it.  

Question, all of the files that failed to convert because of this issue will now not process, I know changing their names will make them appear to be new, is there a better solution where I don't have to rename them?  Some file I can delete that logs failures?

edit: Looks like failed_conversions in the base of the appdata handbrake folder does it (allows files to be re-tried), still waiting for handbrake to go through all of the files that were already processed, because I deleted my appdata earlier today and therefore it doesn't have a list of those in successful_conversions.

Edited by bobobeastie
new info
19 hours ago, bobobeastie said:

I was having an issue where the update caused my watch folder to stop being processed, I was getting different errors, but changing the preset I use to have "General/" before it fixed it.  

Question, all of the files that failed to convert because of this issue will now not process, I know changing their names will make them appear to be new, is there a better solution where I don't have to rename them?  Some file I can delete that logs failures?

edit: Looks like failed_conversions in the base of the appdata handbrake folder does it (allows files to be re-tried), still waiting for handbrake to go through all of the files that were already processed, because I deleted my appdata earlier today and therefore it doesn't have a list of those in successful_conversions.

i'm getting the same issue. i've uninstalled and deleted the data.

re-setup, still the same.

i normally use a custom preset for h265 but it seems to fail no matter what preset i use or how many times i rename it.

normal tasks manually add are fine but watch folder tasks always fail

the only errors i'm seeing are the ones someone else mentioned (08deaner i think)

3 minutes ago, mdrodge said:

so i need to add the preset  like this "  Custom/General/PresetName  " ?

My preset is named Custom1 and in the docker config in unraid I have "General/Custom1", so it looks like you can just remove the first part, "Custom/".  When I said I wasn't getting the same error that was referring to the message from @08deanr which @Djoss said didn't matter.  The error I got was just that the conversion failed, nothing about presets.

• Thanks 1
On 5/7/2020 at 4:45 PM, bobobeastie said:

My preset is named Custom1 and in the docker config in unraid I have "General/Custom1", so it looks like you can just remove the first part, "Custom/".  When I said I wasn't getting the same error that was referring to the message from @08deanr which @Djoss said didn't matter.  The error I got was just that the conversion failed, nothing about presets.

I have exactly the same issue. The log just outputs "Conversion failed". Everything was working just fine before I updated, just noticed today that none of my files are being encoded.

Your workaround however did not work for me.

My custom preset is called "H.265 MKV 1080 Audio Passthrough"

I tried prefixing the AUTOMATED_CONVERSION_PRESET value with:

- General/

- Custom/General/

- Matroska/

- Custom/Matroska/

- Custom/

None of them worked.

This seems like quite a serious issue where a major part of the functionality just stops working. In my opinion this update should be reverted until it can be fixed.

In the meantime does anyone have any other suggestions/workarounds?

EDIT:

I found the problem. For some reason my custom presets were being split from the default templates into two identical categories even though they are in the same category.

I cloned my preset using 'save as' and put it into a new category called 'Personal'. Then in my docker settings I prefixed the  AUTOMATED_CONVERSION_PRESET value with 'Personal/' and now my preset is loaded correctly.

You can verify if you have the same issue as me by viewing /config/log/hb/conversion.log. You should see the following error:

Invalid preset <preset name>
Valid presets are:

It then lists the valid presets. You should see the category that your preset is in listed twice. If this is the case than you need to create a custom category to prevent this so handbrake can find your preset.

This issue is being tracked on github: https://github.com/jlesage/docker-handbrake/issues/116

Edited by oko2708
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, oko2708 said:

I have exactly the same issue. The log just outputs "Conversion failed". Everything was working just fine before I updated, just noticed today that none of my files are being encoded.

Your workaround however did not work for me.

My custom preset is called "H.265 MKV 1080 Audio Passthrough"

I tried prefixing the AUTOMATED_CONVERSION_PRESET value with:

- General/

- Custom/General/

- Matroska/

- Custom/Matroska/

- Custom/

None of them worked.

This seems like quite a serious issue where a major part of the functionality just stops working. In my opinion this update should be reverted until it can be fixed.

In the meantime does anyone have any other suggestions/workarounds?

That workaround worked for me. Matroska/ worked. 

At first I had a typo, which obviously was the problem. 
Second you need to make sure that handbrake recognizes the files as new files. Move them away, rename them and place them back. 

2 hours ago, oko2708 said:

Well this is not really a bug.  It's a behaviour change of the latest version of HandBrake.  The way presets are identified changed.  I don't have any control on this part....

I will however update the documentation to reflect this change.

3 hours ago, Djoss said:

Well this is not really a bug.  It's a behaviour change of the latest version of HandBrake.  The way presets are identified changed.  I don't have any control on this part....

I will however update the documentation to reflect this change.

Yea I understand at first I thought that it was related to this specific container, but it turns out that was not the case. I still think it was a very poor decision on handbrakes part. They should at least have added some sort of fallback that attempts to find the preset without needing the prefix if it is not present.

And it's not the only thing that broke after the update. Intel QuickSync also stopped working, which is really disappointing.

12 minutes ago, oko2708 said:

And it's not the only thing that broke after the update. Intel QuickSync also stopped working, which is really disappointing.

My default preset is one I created to use QuickSync.  I just ran a couple of test encodes and HandBrake is definitely using QSV on my system.

I also did not have to add the folder/group name to the preset.  I am running the most current version of this HandBrake container (updated 2 days ago) as check for updates says it is up-to-date.

image.thumb.png.42ec41981c55491791a797f3e6092c35.png

14 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

My default preset is one I created to use QuickSync.  I just ran a couple of test encodes and HandBrake is definitely using QSV on my system.

I also did not have to add the folder/group name to the preset.  I am running the most current version of this HandBrake container (updated 2 days ago) as check for updates says it is up-to-date.

image.thumb.png.42ec41981c55491791a797f3e6092c35.png

That's quite interesting. Your preset looks like it's derived from a default one, maybe that has something to do with it? As for the QSV I've seen multiple people reporting that it's not working for them, but since its working for you the update possibly doesn't affect all systems in the same way.

35 minutes ago, oko2708 said:

That's quite interesting. Your preset looks like it's derived from a default one, maybe that has something to do with it? As for the QSV I've seen multiple people reporting that it's not working for them, but since its working for you the update possibly doesn't affect all systems in the same way.

Yes, I modified an existing preset in a few ways, included QSV, and renamed it as a custom preset.

Clearly, many are having issues with QSV so the updates do not affect all systems in the same way.

Handbrake is no longer auto converting files in watch folder. I drop a file in the folder and it will momentarily show the dialogue box that it's converting, then it closes and does nothing. I've restarted both the container and the whole server. I can still manually convert, but this defeats the whole point of having a watch folder. Any suggestions?

EDIT:

adding more info..
I noticed the changes

to presets and modified mine in the docker template. Still doesn't work. Also, does changing the preset via the GUI actually do anything? If that preset doesn't match the docker settings, what does it use?

Edited by 2Piececombo
. Also, does changing the preset via the GUI actually do anything? If that preset doesn't match the docker settings, what does it use?

The preset you select in the GUI is only used for the file you manually load and process via the GUI.
The docker setting controls which preset is used by the automated watch folder.
The two are very separate and setting one does not influence the other.
5 hours ago, 2Piececombo said:

Handbrake is no longer auto converting files in watch folder. I drop a file in the folder and it will momentarily show the dialogue box that it's converting, then it closes and does nothing. I've restarted both the container and the whole server. I can still manually convert, but this defeats the whole point of having a watch folder. Any suggestions?

EDIT:

adding more info..
I noticed the changes

to presets and modified mine in the docker template. Still doesn't work. Also, does changing the preset via the GUI actually do anything? If that preset doesn't match the docker settings, what does it use?

can your post you conversion.log in /config/log/hb/conversion.log

Hi all. I'm new to the unraid and I did install this docker. However I have had it working ok, but I have needed to cancel few conversions. Problem is that the Handbrake creates files to my share for temporary usage and I can't view them or delete them with my user account. The share is set as secure and docker has UserID:99, GroupID:100 and UMask=000. I have MakeMKV docker with same settings and using the same share but I can remove folders and files it has created.

I noticed reading the docker instructions that this supports multiple watch folders which is great.

however could this be extended to also have multiple output folders?

so example

watch 1 > output 1

watch 2 > output 2

.... etc.

i have a automated setup you see from my mobile:

folder on mobile > server (using syncthing) > unraid handbrake (compress file) > output folder > outputfolder sync with google drive (goodsync)

the above chain works great, however i would also like to setup another chain also, for example to upload certain files to a different location at the last stage (google drive).

i need different compression schemes you see, and using multiple output folders i can then have more control what goes where with automation.

many thanks

17 hours ago, Ghostman_132 said:

Hi all. I'm new to the unraid and I did install this docker. However I have had it working ok, but I have needed to cancel few conversions. Problem is that the Handbrake creates files to my share for temporary usage and I can't view them or delete them with my user account. The share is set as secure and docker has UserID:99, GroupID:100 and UMask=000. I have MakeMKV docker with same settings and using the same share but I can remove folders and files it has created.

If you access unRAID as root you should be able to delete the files?

13 hours ago, Registered55 said:

I noticed reading the docker instructions that this supports multiple watch folders which is great.

however could this be extended to also have multiple output folders?

so example

watch 1 > output 1

watch 2 > output 2

.... etc.

i have a automated setup you see from my mobile:

folder on mobile > server (using syncthing) > unraid handbrake (compress file) > output folder > outputfolder sync with google drive (goodsync)

the above chain works great, however i would also like to setup another chain also, for example to upload certain files to a different location at the last stage (google drive).

i need different compression schemes you see, and using multiple output folders i can then have more control what goes where with automation.

many thanks

You can use AUTOMATED_CONVERSION_OUTPUT_SUBDIR or AUTOMATED_CONVERSION_OUTPUT_DIR.

On 5/8/2020 at 8:45 PM, oko2708 said:

It's also working fine for me.  Can you tell if you have issue with h.264, h.265 or both ?  Also, which CPU do you have exactly ?