[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

16 hours ago, binhex said:

firstly i have to say this sounds like a bad idea, bots search for open proxies and will then automatically add any open proxies to known lists on the internet, so you might find your connection abused quite quickly, but if you do want to go ahead then have a look at privoxy config file located in /config/privoxy/config at this line:-

listen-address :8118

try altering this to be:-

listen-address 0.0.0.0:8118

save and restart container, this MIGHT fix it, but there are a fair number of places that could be causing the block, this is just one possible place.

I tried what you said and the port still shows as closed from the Internet. To give you some background this will NOT be wide-open to the Internet. I will be locking this down to a specific IP range from my firewall. The firewall shows that the request is coming in from the Internet but the UnRaid server is not responding to the request (see below).

I read through the entire config file and I just don't see a spot in Privoxy that would be stopping this once that listen-address 0.0.0.0:8118 is set. It seems like something within the way UnRaid is setup is restricting it. I'm just not sure though. I don't know enough about Linux to know one way or another. I do understand networking though and I'm 100% sure my network is passing the traffic to the UnRaid server:port and it isn't responding.

Do you have any other suggestions?

image.thumb.png.b812b3648bebc45e2d4624b184678b5a.png

having similar issue since upgrading to rc1. im able to start the container, but not able to connect to the webui when vpn is enabled or disabled. however, when i use the linuxserver qbittorrent (without vpn obviously) the webui comes right up. i tried the troubleshooting steps with no luck... anybody have any idea if this is an issue unique to rc1?

27 minutes ago, Syed said:

having similar issue since upgrading to rc1. im able to start the container, but not able to connect to the webui when vpn is enabled or disabled. however, when i use the linuxserver qbittorrent (without vpn obviously) the webui comes right up. i tried the troubleshooting steps with no luck... anybody have any idea if this is an issue unique to rc1?

i dont know what changed.... literally nothing i think, but i reinstalled and it worked... :/

On 12/12/2018 at 10:29 PM, ZataH said:

Yes it is in the docker

I use this to extract to current folder:

/sbin/unrar x -r "%F/." "%F/"

image.png.b90e0a7627799db8ca7b349fc619b198.png

I found this didn't work because unrar couldn't locate the rar file. Suggest usage of: unrar x -r "%F"/*.rar "%F"/

Breakdown 
Unrar x - r -> Unrar is installed so this calls unrar and -r works recursively and -x Extract files with full path.

"%F" -> download folder directory location for where files are. Did not work with other commands in ""

/*.rar -> look for the .rar file. 

"%F"/ ->  Where the files will be extracted, same directory.

1 hour ago, Pullmyleg said:

I found this didn't work because unrar couldn't locate the rar file. Suggest usage of: unrar x -r "%F"/*.rar "%F"/

Breakdown 
Unrar x - r -> Unrar is installed so this calls unrar and -r works recursively and -x Extract files with full path.

"%F" -> download folder directory location for where files are. Did not work with other commands in ""

/*.rar -> look for the .rar file. 

"%F"/ ->  Where the files will be extracted, same directory.

You might try the unpackerr docker instead (available in the apps tab). It's worked great for me. I always had issues with sonarr/radarr not waiting for the file to be completely unrared when using that command. 

Hi. 

I am fairly new to Unraid and I've attempted setting up qBittorrent with a VPN but I am met with the error.

insmod: ERROR: could not load module /lib/modules/iptable_mangle.ko: No such file or directory

Because of this error, the request for entering the web ui always "takes too long to respond"

I've been trying to locate the source of this error and looking around forums, but I've come up empty. I tried running the same config through Deluge, but I just ended up with the same result. I'd like to find out what causes this error and how I could fix it.

I'd appreciate any help I could get regarding this. Maybe I've missed something.

Thanks.

32 minutes ago, Tomlins said:

Hi. 

I am fairly new to Unraid and I've attempted setting up qBittorrent with a VPN but I am met with the error.

insmod: ERROR: could not load module /lib/modules/iptable_mangle.ko: No such file or directory

Because of this error, the request for entering the web ui always "takes too long to respond"

I've been trying to locate the source of this error and looking around forums, but I've come up empty. I tried running the same config through Deluge, but I just ended up with the same result. I'd like to find out what causes this error and how I could fix it.

I'd appreciate any help I could get regarding this. Maybe I've missed something.

Thanks.

Assuming you’re trying to connect to the webUI from outside your network (since this has no effect from your lan) you’ll need to see the faq- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Scroll down to Q2.

Have anyone successfully reverse proxy this docker using swag provided qbittorrent subdomain conf. file? If anyone could help me see if I did any mistake to the swag conf. file.

image.thumb.png.4a10f1cd6b0c5aa34f8b787b1f293a69.png

## Version 2021/05/18
# make sure that your dns has a cname set for qbittorrent and that your qbittorrent container is not using a base url

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    listen [::]:443 ssl;

server_name qbit.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

# enable for ldap auth, fill in ldap details in ldap.conf
    #include /config/nginx/ldap.conf;

# enable for Authelia
    #include /config/nginx/authelia-server.conf;

location / {
        # enable the next two lines for http auth
        #auth_basic "Restricted";
        #auth_basic_user_file /config/nginx/.htpasswd;

# enable the next two lines for ldap auth
        #auth_request /auth;
        #error_page 401 =200 /ldaplogin;

# enable for Authelia
        #include /config/nginx/authelia-location.conf;

include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        include /config/nginx/resolver.conf;
        set $upstream_app binhex-qbittorrentvpn;
        set $upstream_port 8585;
        set $upstream_proto http;
        proxy_pass $upstream_proto://$upstream_app:$upstream_port;

proxy_set_header Referer '';
        proxy_set_header Host $upstream_app:$upstream_port;
    }

location ~ (/qbittorrent)?/api {
        set $upstream_port 8585;

rewrite /qbittorrent(.*) $1 break;

}

location ~ (/qbittorrent)?/command {
        set $upstream_port 8585;

}

location ~ (/qbittorrent)?/query {
        set $upstream_port 8585;

}

location ~ (/qbittorrent)?/login {
        set $upstream_port 8585;

}

location ~ (/qbittorrent)?/sync {
        set $upstream_port 8585;

}
}

On 8/12/2021 at 6:24 PM, spyder99 said:

Using UnRAID 6.9.2

binhex-qbitorrent - latest from binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn

OpenVPN

PIA

I've downloaded the latest config.zip from PIA and put that in the openvpn directory. 

I start the container with DEBUG=true and let it run but it appears to never connect to PIA. I've verified that I can login to the site with my credentials an verified they are correct in qBit. Not sure what is happening. At first there was a DNS issue, but that has been resolved. Still having issues and no GUI available. Attached log file to this post.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Got it working this far thanks to the help available on the internet.

supervisord.log 146.67 kB · 1 download

Had this up for awhile now and no response. I'm new to this UnRAID stuff, so not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Been all over google to find a solution, but nothing has worked. Had a buddy look at my setup as he uses qbit and recommended I use it also, but even he couldn't find anything. 

Do I need to provide some more information? Would really like to get this working. thx

15 hours ago, spyder99 said:

Had this up for awhile now and no response. I'm new to this UnRAID stuff, so not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Been all over google to find a solution, but nothing has worked. Had a buddy look at my setup as he uses qbit and recommended I use it also, but even he couldn't find anything. 

Do I need to provide some more information? Would really like to get this working. thx

from your log:-

2021-08-12 18:05:29 [UNDEF] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting

this is a symptom of an out of date config file, i see you did this which does NOT look correct:-

15 hours ago, spyder99 said:

I've downloaded the latest config.zip from PIA and put that in the openvpn directory. 

you need to download the zip, then extract it and then move ONE .ovpn file and any relevant certs from the extracted set to /config/openvpn/, see A7:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

7 hours ago, binhex said:

from your log:-

2021-08-12 18:05:29 [UNDEF] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting

this is a symptom of an out of date config file, i see you did this which does NOT look correct:-

you need to download the zip, then extract it and then move ONE .ovpn file and any relevant certs from the extracted set to /config/openvpn/, see A7:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Thank you for the info. Sorry I wasn't clearer. Yes, I did download the config.zip and extract the ca_vancouver file along with the certs to my openvpn directory. I even tried PIA's configurator to generate a file that worked, but no luck with that either. So, not sure why it is getting a timeout.

3 minutes ago, spyder99 said:

Thank you for the info. Sorry I wasn't clearer. Yes, I did download the config.zip and extract the ca_vancouver file along with the certs to my openvpn directory. I even tried PIA's configurator to generate a file that worked, but no luck with that either. So, not sure why it is getting a timeout.

ok in that case i can only assume either your isp is blocking access to ca-vancouver endpoints or pia is having issues, try switching to another endpoint.

On 8/22/2021 at 11:32 AM, therecker said:

I tried what you said and the port still shows as closed from the Internet. To give you some background this will NOT be wide-open to the Internet. I will be locking this down to a specific IP range from my firewall. The firewall shows that the request is coming in from the Internet but the UnRaid server is not responding to the request (see below).

I read through the entire config file and I just don't see a spot in Privoxy that would be stopping this once that listen-address 0.0.0.0:8118 is set. It seems like something within the way UnRaid is setup is restricting it. I'm just not sure though. I don't know enough about Linux to know one way or another. I do understand networking though and I'm 100% sure my network is passing the traffic to the UnRaid server:port and it isn't responding.

Do you have any other suggestions?

image.thumb.png.b812b3648bebc45e2d4624b184678b5a.png

@binhex Were you able to take a further look at this and provide any additional ideas?

28 minutes ago, binhex said:

ok in that case i can only assume either your isp is blocking access to ca-vancouver endpoints or pia is having issues, try switching to another endpoint.

Ok. Strange. I don't think my isp is blocking anything. I tried the ca_toronto configuration and still not able to load the GUI page on port 8080. Can't really tell if anything is any different in the log file either. See attached.

supervisord.log

19 minutes ago, spyder99 said:

Ok. Strange. I don't think my isp is blocking anything. I tried the ca_toronto configuration and still not able to load the GUI page on port 8080. Can't really tell if anything is any different in the log file either. See attached.

supervisord.log 89.46 kB · 0 downloads

yep you got the same issue, from your log:-

2021-08-31 11:57:54 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]154.3.42.11:1198

2021-08-31 11:57:54,064 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2021-08-31 11:57:54 UDP link local: (not bound)
2021-08-31 11:57:54 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]154.3.42.11:1198

2021-08-31 11:58:54,476 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2021-08-31 11:58:54 [UNDEF] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting

try an endpoint that isnt from canada.

57 minutes ago, binhex said:

yep you got the same issue, from your log:-

2021-08-31 11:57:54 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]154.3.42.11:1198

2021-08-31 11:57:54,064 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2021-08-31 11:57:54 UDP link local: (not bound)
2021-08-31 11:57:54 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]154.3.42.11:1198

2021-08-31 11:58:54,476 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2021-08-31 11:58:54 [UNDEF] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting

try an endpoint that isnt from canada.

I have tried several ovpn files to several endpoints around the world and they all end up producing the Inactivity Timeout message. The UnRAID box sits behind a pfSense firewall. No rules have been defined to block this traffic going out. From my linux host behind the firewall I can do a netcat to the IPs of the PIA servers just fine. I've also tested connectivity with netcat from a linux VM running on the UnRAID server and it succeeds. I'm really puzzled as to what I'm missing to get this working.

26 minutes ago, spyder99 said:

I have tried several ovpn files to several endpoints around the world and they all end up producing the Inactivity Timeout message. The UnRAID box sits behind a pfSense firewall. No rules have been defined to block this traffic going out. From my linux host behind the firewall I can do a netcat to the IPs of the PIA servers just fine. I've also tested connectivity with netcat from a linux VM running on the UnRAID server and it succeeds. I'm really puzzled as to what I'm missing to get this working.

Ok, problem solved. I have a LAN and DMZ network defined on my pfSense. I have both of those networks defined on my UnRAID. For some reason UnRAID is sending the traffic through the DMZ network and that network didn't have a UDP out rule. Doh! Anyways, working now and I will address the LAN vs DMZ another time. Thx for your help and direction.

On 9/1/2021 at 4:36 AM, binhex said:

I will see if I can find some time tonight to dig into this a little further

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

@binhex Any luck! I want to keep using this but without a way to pass traffic thru to it from the Internet it is not going to work for me. I'd appreciate any additional insight you might have.

1 hour ago, therecker said:

@binhex Any luck! I want to keep using this but without a way to pass traffic thru to it from the Internet it is not going to work for me. I'd appreciate any additional insight you might have.

yes i did get chance to take a look and the issue is related to iptables being tightened, so right now privoxy is restricted to respond to requests only on lan side. i am loathed to change this tbh, you are literally the only person to request privoxy access from the internet, so i dont really want to open this up for a single request, sorry, you are of course free to fork and change as you see fit.

can i just ask a little bit more detail on this, why do you need to route traffic via privoxy from the internet?, is there a specific task you are trying to achieve here, maybe there is a better alternative i could suggest.

I have odd issue - in bridge mode, default ports cannot access webgui (same goes for binhex deluge) but when I change from bridge to custom and give container own IP it works... Tried rebooting unraid, tried transmission vpn too and same problem, without vpn let's say transmission from linuxserver repo it's all ok on same ports. I even tried airvpn instead of nordvpn but that didn't help. 

Anyone had such problems with gui recently? VPN connection is all ok so don't know how to solve this issue. 

On 9/3/2021 at 2:56 PM, binhex said:

yes i did get chance to take a look and the issue is related to iptables being tightened, so right now privoxy is restricted to respond to requests only on lan side. i am loathed to change this tbh, you are literally the only person to request privoxy access from the internet, so i dont really want to open this up for a single request, sorry, you are of course free to fork and change as you see fit.

can i just ask a little bit more detail on this, why do you need to route traffic via privoxy from the internet?, is there a specific task you are trying to achieve here, maybe there is a better alternative i could suggest.

I want to be able to route web based traffic through this VPN from outside of my network. I will lock this down via my firewall to only allow traffic from a specific IP address so as to not open up a security nightmare. I also don't want to run more than one VPN. I use this for a multitude of things and it works flawlessly for everything I want except this one task but this one task is very important. Isn't there something that can just be done on my side to allow this?

F

On 9/8/2021 at 5:21 PM, cpu said:

I have odd issue - in bridge mode, default ports cannot access webgui (same goes for binhex deluge) but when I change from bridge to custom and give container own IP it works... Tried rebooting unraid, tried transmission vpn too and same problem, without vpn let's say transmission from linuxserver repo it's all ok on same ports. I even tried airvpn instead of nordvpn but that didn't help. 

Anyone had such problems with gui recently? VPN connection is all ok so don't know how to solve this issue. 

Solution is in this thread already ->