[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

Not sure if I am doing this right as I can't seem to start a new topic in this forum. Short of it is I have qbittorrent running on my unraid box. Ran an update on the docker container tonight and now can't login to the webUI. Getting "invalid username or password". I never changed the un/pw from default which was un: admin pw: adminadmin. What gives? how can I log back in? Is there a new un or pw that I should be using?

Edited by skunk
5 minutes ago, skunk said:

Not sure if I am doing this right as I can't seem to start a new topic in this forum. Short of it is I have qbittorrent running on my unraid box. Ran an update on the docker container tonight and now can't login to the webUI. Getting "invalid username or password". I never changed the un/pw from default which was un: admin pw: adminadmin. What gives? how can I log back in? Is there a new un or pw that I should be using?

The qbit devs have decided that the app must now have a secure user/password. If you read the pinned post in this thread (2nd from top) it has a link to a work around that will give you access and allow you to set the proper secure user/password.

11 hours ago, wgstarks said:

The qbit devs have decided that the app must now have a secure user/password. If you read the pinned post in this thread (2nd from top) it has a link to a work around that will give you access and allow you to set the proper secure user/password.

adding this (WebUI\Password_PBKDF2="@ByteArray(ARQ77eY1NUZaQsuDHbIMCA==:0WMRkYTUWVT9wVvdDtHAjU9b3b7uB8NR1Gur2hmQCvCDpm39Q+PsJRJPaCU51dEiz+dTzh8qbPsL8WkFljQYFQ==)") to my config file worked. Thank you so much!! Now should I go ahead and change the password to something more secure to prevent this from happening in the future?

6 minutes ago, skunk said:

adding this (WebUI\Password_PBKDF2="@ByteArray(ARQ77eY1NUZaQsuDHbIMCA==:0WMRkYTUWVT9wVvdDtHAjU9b3b7uB8NR1Gur2hmQCvCDpm39Q+PsJRJPaCU51dEiz+dTzh8qbPsL8WkFljQYFQ==)") to my config file worked. Thank you so much!! Now should I go ahead and change the password to something more secure to prevent this from happening in the future?

I would. And if you use Sonarr, Radarr, etc you’ll probably need to update them as well.

Hey :)

i am currently have  some issues with this container. 
All my torrents (except one) are all errored out. 
image.png.cc9185e3593bec183288e958ec74863b.png
image.thumb.png.e1db1133b230d465ce8e544655f3ff25.png

I added the torrent address detection aspect to check if i am getting any form of connection out of the box, and it seems to be working. 

Running `curl ifconfig.io` on the terminal for the container also gets the same ip ass the torrent address detection. 

I have tried both wireguard and openvpn with my PIA account. Both have the same issue. 

Edit Figured it out . I didn't have access to my "incomplete folder" it was outside of the scope of the permissions i gave the container. 

Edited by Samnon

Greetings! I'm seeking assistance with an issue I've encountered. I've had this container operating smoothly in the past. However, something appears to have gone awry overnight, and I'm having difficulty identifying the root cause of the problem, however I have some ideas. It seems that the qBit container is no longer able to use plugins receiving this message:

"There aren't any search plugins installed. Click the "Search plugins..." button at the bottom right of the window to install some."

This has prevented me from using the plugins to use the search feature in qBit. So I refollowed the directions and go to the https://github.com/qbittorrent/search-plugins/wiki/Unofficial-search-plugins where I previously added the .py / url plugins. But when adding the .py or url nothing populates or updates regarding having the plugin active.

But reading the entire github page, I see this message at the top:

"⚠️ We removed support for Python 2. Please upgrade to Python 3 to continue using the search function. The minimum supported Python version (across all platforms) is specified at here."

So my question is this the issue? Is my qBit using python 2, and now it's unsupported, needing me to update to python 3? Do I wait for an update or is this something I do myself and if so how would I do so?

I appreciate any thoughts on this and if anyone is having this same issue!

7 hours ago, daemon said:

"⚠️ We removed support for Python 2. Please upgrade to Python 3 to continue using the search function. The minimum supported Python version (across all platforms) is specified at here."

So my question is this the issue? Is my qBit using python 2, and now it's unsupported, needing me to update to python 3

in a word, no, python 3 is used in this image and search plugins work fine for me with the latest image, so not really sure what is causing your issue, best thing to do would be start from scratch on the container.

Lately I've been often having the issue of a lot of private trackers being stuck on the status "Updating..."

New torrents are always affected by this and can take up to 30 minutes to start after adding. Completed torrents seem to be random in which have the tracker status stuck at "Updating..." and which are "Working".

Public trackers work great, they instantly start downloading and seem to be extremely connectable. Ratio on those torrents can be in the hundreds after only a week or so.

I double checked my forwarded port and everything seems to be okay. My best guess at this point is I have 5464 torrents in my client right now, pinned to 2 cores and 4 threads on my machine, and it's just being bottlenecked somehow. Could this be the case? Or any ideas what could possibly be causing the issue?

HI,

I am migrating from binhex-rtorrentVPN container to this one, what steps I need to take so that I can migrate all my current torrents from rttorent to this container without redownloading everything? 

Please help, I looked everywhere and all tools are for windows. How do i do this in this scenario.

Thank you!

the current version doesn't seem to like 

Endpoint=sx151901-wg.pointtoserver.com:51820

[crit] VPN configuration file /config/wireguard/wg0.conf does not contain 'Endpoint' line, showing contents of file before exit...

After adding space before and after '=', it works for a while, but later a reboot it seems stopped working entirely try to open the webui will show ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error. 

Edited by rampage
15 hours ago, s449 said:

New torrents are always affected by this and can take up to 30 minutes to start after adding. Completed torrents seem to be random in which have the tracker status stuck at "Updating..." and which are "Working".

Public trackers work great, they instantly start downloading and seem to be extremely connectable. Ratio on those torrents can be in the hundreds after only a week or so.

The fact that public work fine and private do not leads me to think the private tracker is most probably blocking vpn provider ip ranges due to abuse, or the tracker is blocking specific torrent client versions (check with private site).

So you could try hopping around different vpn endpoints to see if you can find one that isnt blocked, or even switching vpn provider, but there is no guarantees you wont hit the same issue again.

3 hours ago, binhex said:

The fact that public work fine and private do not leads me to think the private tracker is most probably blocking vpn provider ip ranges due to abuse, or the tracker is blocking specific torrent client versions (check with private site).

So you could try hopping around different vpn endpoints to see if you can find one that isnt blocked, or even switching vpn provider, but there is no guarantees you wont hit the same issue again.

That makes sense! The torrent client version should be approved, I'm on 4.3.9. But good idea to check if the VPN server itself is being blocked or rate limited of some kind. I'm going to try switching VPN servers.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it!

Edited by s449
On 1/9/2024 at 9:53 PM, GGabs said:

HI,

I am migrating from binhex-rtorrentVPN container to this one, what steps I need to take so that I can migrate all my current torrents from rttorent to this container without redownloading everything? 

Please help, I looked everywhere and all tools are for windows. How do i do this in this scenario.

Thank you!

Could someone please point me into the right direction. Thanks!

On 1/9/2024 at 7:05 AM, binhex said:

in a word, no, python 3 is used in this image and search plugins work fine for me with the latest image, so not really sure what is causing your issue, best thing to do would be start from scratch on the container.

I too am finding that search (that was working fine) is now longer working. I did have several plugins enabled. But now when I go to the search tab I see none are installed and adding new ones does nothing with no error in the browser console or the container logs. 

Quick question, I've been a happy binhex-delugevpn user for a while now but I also use qbittorrent for other torrents. I'd like to have qbittorrent also run through the VPN, is it possible to link qbittorentvpn to the Wireguard tunnel which is active on delugevpn or would I simply need to enter all credentials again and create 2 tunnels?

I feel like an idiot here but I cant figure out how to change the default port away from 6881 in the binhex-qbittorrentvpn docker.  I changed the host port 1 and 2 environmental variables to the port I want but every time the docker restarts the settings page in qbittorrent on the connection tab still has 6881 as the port and I have to change it manually every time.  can someone point out what I am doing wrong here?

On 1/11/2024 at 1:21 PM, stevilg said:

I too am finding that search (that was working fine) is now longer working. I did have several plugins enabled. But now when I go to the search tab I see none are installed and adding new ones does nothing with no error in the browser console or the container logs. 

Nevermind, known issue with qbit. Deleted the engines dir and restart and re-download search and it works. 

I am running in to an issue where all my torrents are listed as qued or error. I previously had everything working fine until it filled up my cache drive. I manually moved all the data off the cache drives on to the storage drives and removed them from the cache but my torrents still won't download.

Hello friends,

I'm trying to install qbittorent vpn, but, unfortunately, I'm getting an "unauthorized" error message when trying to open the webui.

I've seen other users had this problem before, but I didn't find a written solution.

I tried to completely delete the container and the appdata folder and re-installing, but nothing helps.

Can someone please explain how to solve this? 🙏

Edit:

Found this solution by @gregzee posted in a comment:

After the "unauthorized" issue was solved I had to figure out the solution for the default "adminadmin" password not working.

This comment by @nraygun explains the solution to the password:

Hope this helps others in the future 🙏

Edited by mjeshurun

Hello friends,

Can someone please explain how I can use the privoxy service with sonarr/radarr?  🙏

What proxy type should I use (http(s), socks4, socks5)?

Do I need to enter more information (i.e. username, password, ignored addresses) along with the server ip address and the privoxy port (8118)?

Should I bypass proxy for local addresses?

5 minutes ago, mjeshurun said:

Hello friends,

Can someone please explain how I can use the privoxy service with sonarr/radarr?  🙏

What proxy type should I use (http(s), socks4, socks5)?

Do I need to enter more information (i.e. username, password, ignored addresses) along with the server ip address and the privoxy port (8118)?

Should I bypass proxy for local addresses?

The privoxy server builtin to this container is provided so that you can connect Radarr and Sonarr to this container and their searches will be using the vpn used by this container via the privoxy server.

Here is a screenshot from the appropriate settings in Radarr.

IMG_2645.thumb.png.3176b1d90044fee7b857d1dc0d19d9f0.png

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

The privoxy server builtin to this container is provided so that you can connect Radarr and Sonarr to this container and their searches will be using the vpn used by this container via the privoxy server.

Here is a screenshot from the appropriate settings in Radarr.

IMG_2645.thumb.png.3176b1d90044fee7b857d1dc0d19d9f0.png

Thank you very much! This helped 🙏 

Hello,
I had a fully working qbittorrent with protonvpn.

Yesterday I added a disk to an array. After that the qbittorrent fails to start up. The web UI is not accesible.

I have made no other changes.

All other containers are working normally.

I'm attaching the log, the vpn config, and the container config.

I'm not sure whats wrong and how can I fix it.

image.png

supervisor.log dockerContainer.log wg0.conf

Edited by VRA
15 minutes ago, VRA said:

Hello,
I had a fully working qbittorrent with protonvpn.

Yesterday I added a disk to an array. After that the qbittorrent fails to start up. The web UI is not accesible.

I have made no other changes.

All other containers are working normally.

I'm attaching the log, the vpn config, and the container config.

I'm not sure whats wrong and how can I fix it.

image.png

supervisor.log 4.35 MB · 0 downloads dockerContainer.log 5.16 kB · 0 downloads wg0.conf 327 B · 0 downloads

Looks like the endpoint you are specifying (via ip) is not operational any more, download a new wg0.conf from protonvpn for a different endpoint, from your log:-

readnatpmpresponseorretry() failed : the gateway does not support nat-pmp