[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

Both of my instances of this container broke this morning, they were fine yesterday.  Normally it doesn't ask me to log in, but today it's asking to log in and admin/adminadmin is not working which was in my password manager.  I can use: 

Adding this line under [Preferences], in the config file, works, for setting the default password manually to: adminadmin

WebUI\Password_PBKDF2="@ByteArray(ARQ77eY1NUZaQsuDHbIMCA==:0WMRkYTUWVT9wVvdDtHAjU9b3b7uB8NR1Gur2hmQCvCDpm39Q+PsJRJPaCU51dEiz+dTzh8qbPsL8WkFljQYFQ==)"

to get past the login, but none of my torrents are present, it's like a fresh install, I noticed the download path changed to point somewhere on appdata.

EDIT: Just remembered I have a third instance on another UnRaid box, it appears to be unaffected, it came back fine after restarting.

EDIT 2: Don't know what happened with the passwords being forced all of a sudden, but the 2nd instance came back after the admin/adminadmin fix.  I changed the paths on the first instance, which I guess worked, it just took 5+ minutes for it's torrents to show up.

EDIT 3: What happened is I was moving the contents off of one of my cache drives so I could replace it, container paths are hardcoded to that cache drive, I'm an idiot, forgot about appdata.

So I'm all good, leaving this here ion case it helps anyone.

Edited by bobobeastie
files to attach, issue solved

Fresh install... admin / adminadmin is not working to log in.. what is the default usr / pass ? And if it iis admin / adminadmin then what do I do now?

EDIT : I was able to login by editing the config file using this post here

Once I do that... if i change the password in the qBitTorretn settings... then this will be fine? I do not need to edit the file a 2nd time?

Edited by questionbot
54 minutes ago, questionbot said:

Once I do that... if i change the password in the qBitTorretn settings... then this will be fine? I do not need to edit the file a 2nd time?

It’s the same thing. Whatever you enter in settings will be stored in the config file.

Wanted to make a post with a solution to a problem I had, in case anyone else runs into this as well.

I have three instances of this container running, along with one instance of the DelugeVPN container. Recently I noticed some time had gone by and none of the added torrents between any of the containers were ever uploading anything, even though they were all listed as seeding. When I checked the tracker status for each torrent, none of them could connect to the trackers and had the following error message:

Host not found (non-authoritative), try again later

The DelugeVPN container had a different but similar error message for every torrent. Researching the error messages, it looks to be a DNS issue.

The fix:
On the edit/update container page, Key 11 (Container Variable: NAME_SERVERS) has several different DNS servers added by default. I removed all of these, except for 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1, applied changes and restarted the container. Everything works perfect now. Another bonus: for some reason the containers start up way faster now than they ever have in all the time I've been running these.

So I had qbittorrent working two days ago. Now something has changed to break the config probably something I changed but I'm not sure what it could be. The data direcotry "/mnt/user/downloads/" is vaild and can open the share on windows. And my vpn info is correct unless I changed it by mistake. Trying to figure out how I view more info on the errored status of the latest torrent I tried to add.

Command execution.txt

Hey all, I am setting up this docker on Unraid with a site that uses a cookie-based system to authenticate users, so you have to run a script that updates the cookie and associated IP address if the IP address changes. I’d like to set this to run on a regular basis, every two hours or so. I know that Arch doesn’t include a cron by default and timers aren’t enabled. So what is the recommended way to do this?

3 hours ago, aeryk said:

Suddenly 8080 won't load, but logs say it's listening on 8080.. I didn't do anything, just rebooted Unraid. I tried updating too. Ideas?

I just installed it and I have the same problem. The port isn't being used by anything else, but the page still won't load no matter what I do.

8 hours ago, aeryk said:

Suddenly 8080 won't load, but logs say it's listening on 8080.. I didn't do anything, just rebooted Unraid. I tried updating too. Ideas?

4 hours ago, Flashman007 said:

I just installed it and I have the same problem. The port isn't being used by anything else, but the page still won't load no matter what I do.

Attaching the supervisord.log to your next post would be a good starting point for troubleshooting.

Ok this is strange but I think if you are just patient, the GUI can connect again.

I couldn't get my browser to connect to the GUI port 8080 either after a very recent reboot (few days ago). My guess is it was related to an upgrade I just completed to 6.12.8, for which I rebooted. It seemed to be working fine until that upgrade and reboot. I had stopped the container until I could troubleshoot better.

I rebooted this AM a couple of times, noticed I still could not connect, and I started gathering the docker logs to post here. Then I thought I would run a TCP packet capture to assess whether it was networking or the application itself. After about 10 mins time (while I was writing this post in fact) I notice the docker log suddenly updated with a bunch of new lines, and I could then connect to the GUI port normally!

I'll watch to see if I can help further, but I next need to know how to gather the supervisord.log for you.

I use and am still using 'Bridge' network mode only.

Edited by slushieken
On 2/26/2024 at 7:48 AM, wgstarks said:

Attaching the supervisord.log to your next post would be a good starting point for troubleshooting.

Sorry do you know how to do that? I'm pretty sure this is a bug in the new release, maybe related to a large amount of torrents (I have 1000+). I'll try to figure out why.

On 11/29/2023 at 3:00 PM, wgstarks said:

Rather than adding a new variable you need to add the VPN network to the LAN_NETWORK variable that already exists. Comma separated.IMG_2602.thumb.jpeg.caef9a17affed9dd6468cca95c29c3f3.jpeg

Worked like a charm for me... just added my VPN Network in there comma separated from the Lan IP... added it to whitelist as well... BAM ... came right up.

2 hours ago, aeryk said:

Oh ty! Is this good? supervisord.log

I’m not seeing anything obvious other than the app shutdown immediately after starting. Maybe someone else will spot something. Also, your VPN user name and password are contained in the log. You should contact your VPN provider and change them. Sorry, I should have mentioned that you would need to redact them.

Hey folks, I'm trying to migrate ~9000 small (music) torrents from rtorrent on a seedbox to a new unraid build. I managed to get all 9k torrents checked, but the webui has been unusably slow since then. I have a separate qbittorrent docker with ~200 larger torrents happily running. 

I'm trying to figure out if I've misconfigured this container, the qbittorrent settings, or if there's something about my hardware limiting here. 

Things I've definitely changed: 
Switched to sqlite resume data (seemed to be suggested for thousands of torrents)

MaxUploads unlimited (i want them all to report as seeding on private tracker)

MemoryWorkingSetLimit=2048 (idk, seems like more is better). 

Since it's the webui that's slow, I might as well mention that I'm on my LAN, brave on ubuntu (but it happens on firefox as well) 

supervisord.logdocker-run.txtqBittorrent.conf

Screenshot from 2024-03-02 18-43-05.png

Screenshot from 2024-03-02 18-42-20.png

Screenshot from 2024-03-02 18-41-56.png

Is it possible for me to modify this container somehow to install the python requests module (and perhaps others). I'd like to write a python script that qbit calls when a torrent finishes (using the built-in run external program feature) to automate some stuff for my workflow, however I would need the requests module in order to make API calls to qbit. Any suggestions on where to start?

Hey all,

I've had this working no issue for a year or so. In the latest update, however (I'm not sure if it was a docker update or unraid update), it just stopped working. Nothing's changed in terms of my settings, etc.

Log shows this constantly.

2024-03-04 03:05:02,015 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
readnatpmpresponseorretry() failed : the gateway does not support nat-pmp

2024-03-04 03:05:02,017 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to assign an incoming port for protocol UDP, returning 1 from function...
[warn] Unable to assign incoming port
[info] 11 retries left
[info] Retrying in 10 secs...

2024-03-04 03:07:19,836 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

2024-03-04 03:07:19,841 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to assign an incoming port for protocol UDP, returning 1 from function...
[warn] Unable to assign incoming port
[info] 10 retries left
[info] Retrying in 10 secs...

Here's my config:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Container version="2">
  <Name>QBittorrent_VPN</Name>
  <Repository>binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn</Repository>
  <Registry>https://registry.hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn/</Registry>
  <Network>br0</Network>
  <MyIP>13.4.87.246</MyIP>
  <Shell>sh</Shell>
  <Privileged>true</Privileged>
  <Support>https://forums.unraid.net/topic/75539-support-binhex-qbittorrentvpn/</Support>
  <Project>https://www.qbittorrent.org/</Project>
  <Overview>qBittorrent is a bittorrent client programmed in C++ / Qt that uses libtorrent (sometimes called libtorrent-rasterbar) by Arvid Norberg. It aims to be a good alternative to all other bittorrent clients out there. qBittorrent is fast, stable and provides unicode support as well as many features.&#xD;
    This Docker includes OpenVPN and WireGuard to ensure a secure and private connection to the Internet, including use of iptables to prevent IP leakage when the tunnel is down. It also includes Privoxy to allow unfiltered access to index sites, to use Privoxy please point your application at "http://host ip:8118".</Overview>
  <Category>Downloaders:</Category>
  <WebUI>http://[IP]:[PORT:8080]/</WebUI>
  <TemplateURL>https://raw.githubusercontent.com/binhex/docker-templates/master/binhex/qbittorrentvpn.xml</TemplateURL>
  <Icon>https://raw.githubusercontent.com/binhex/docker-templates/master/binhex/images/qbittorrent-icon.png</Icon>
  <ExtraParams>--sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1"</ExtraParams>
  <PostArgs/>
  <CPUset/>
  <DateInstalled>1709550555</DateInstalled>
  <DonateText>If you appreciate my work, then please consider buying me a beer :D</DonateText>
  <DonateLink>https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&amp;amp;hosted_button_id=MM5E27UX6AUU4</DonateLink>
  <Requires/>
  <Config Name="Host Port 1" Target="6881" Default="6881" Mode="tcp" Description="" Type="Port" Display="always" Required="true" Mask="false">6881</Config>
  <Config Name="Host Port 2" Target="6881" Default="6881" Mode="udp" Description="" Type="Port" Display="always" Required="true" Mask="false">6881</Config>
  <Config Name="Host Port 3" Target="8080" Default="8080" Mode="tcp" Description="" Type="Port" Display="always" Required="true" Mask="false">8080</Config>
  <Config Name="Host Port 4" Target="8118" Default="8118" Mode="tcp" Description="" Type="Port" Display="always" Required="true" Mask="false">8118</Config>
  <Config Name="Host Path 2" Target="/data" Default="/mnt/user/appdata/data" Mode="rw" Description="" Type="Path" Display="always" Required="true" Mask="false">/mnt/user/appdata/data</Config>
  <Config Name="Key 1" Target="VPN_ENABLED" Default="yes" Mode="" Description="" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">yes</Config>
  <Config Name="Key 2" Target="VPN_USER" Default="vpn username" Mode="" Description="" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">##############</Config>
  <Config Name="Key 3" Target="VPN_PASS" Default="vpn password" Mode="" Description="" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">##############</Config>
  <Config Name="Key 4" Target="VPN_PROV" Default="pia|airvpn|protonvpn|custom" Mode="" Description="" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">protonvpn</Config>
  <Config Name="Key 5" Target="VPN_CLIENT" Default="openvpn|wireguard" Mode="" Description="" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">wireguard</Config>
  <Config Name="Key 6" Target="VPN_OPTIONS" Default="" Mode="" Description="" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false"/>
  <Config Name="Key 7" Target="STRICT_PORT_FORWARD" Default="yes" Mode="" Description="" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">yes</Config>
  <Config Name="Key 8" Target="ENABLE_PRIVOXY" Default="no" Mode="" Description="" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">no</Config>
  <Config Name="Key 9" Target="WEBUI_PORT" Default="8080" Mode="" Description="" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">8080</Config>
  <Config Name="Key 10" Target="LAN_NETWORK" Default="192.168.1.0/24" Mode="" Description="" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">13.4.87.0/24</Config>
  <Config Name="Key 11" Target="NAME_SERVERS" Default="84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1" Mode="" Description="" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1</Config>
  <Config Name="Key 12" Target="VPN_INPUT_PORTS" Default="" Mode="" Description="" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">35824</Config>
  <Config Name="Key 13" Target="VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS" Default="" Mode="" Description="" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">35824</Config>
  <Config Name="Key 14" Target="DEBUG" Default="false" Mode="" Description="" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">true</Config>
  <Config Name="Key 15" Target="UMASK" Default="000" Mode="" Description="" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">000</Config>
  <Config Name="Key 16" Target="PUID" Default="99" Mode="" Description="" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">99</Config>
  <Config Name="Key 17" Target="PGID" Default="100" Mode="" Description="" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">100</Config>
  <Config Name="Downloads" Target="/media" Default="" Mode="rw" Description="" Type="Path" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">/mnt/user/</Config>
  <Config Name="AppData Config Path" Target="/config" Default="/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn" Mode="rw" Description="" Type="Path" Display="advanced-hide" Required="true" Mask="false">/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn</Config>
</Container>

My work colleague has his own unraid server at home and is having the exact same issue as well. Any ideas?

Thank you

Updated Unraid yesterday to 6.12.8 and since then my qBit container has been shutting down every hour on the dot. Looking at the logs and each time it happens it looks like this:

2024-03-05 09:47:04,112 WARN received SIGTERM indicating exit request
2024-03-05 09:47:04,123 DEBG killing watchdog-script (pid 282) with signal SIGTERM
2024-03-05 09:47:04,123 INFO waiting for start-script, watchdog-script to die
2024-03-05 09:47:04,123 DEBG fd 11 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22516376341968 for <Subprocess at 22516376347856 with name watchdog-script in state STOPPING> (stdout)>
2024-03-05 09:47:04,123 DEBG fd 15 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22516374818896 for <Subprocess at 22516376347856 with name watchdog-script in state STOPPING> (stderr)>
2024-03-05 09:47:04,124 WARN stopped: watchdog-script (exit status 143)
2024-03-05 09:47:04,124 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit
2024-03-05 09:47:04,124 DEBG killing start-script (pid 281) with signal SIGTERM
2024-03-05 09:47:05,124 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22516392934352 for <Subprocess at 22516376035728 with name start-script in state STOPPING> (stdout)>
2024-03-05 09:47:05,125 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22516376342096 for <Subprocess at 22516376035728 with name start-script in state STOPPING> (stderr)>
2024-03-05 09:47:05,125 WARN stopped: start-script (terminated by SIGTERM)
2024-03-05 09:47:05,125 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit

On 3/4/2024 at 11:13 AM, Soundwork said:

i am assuming you are a protonvpn user, i would also assume from that error that protonvpn has been shutting down or changing some of their servers, go download a fresh config file from them and it should fix it.

On 1/17/2024 at 1:52 PM, plenty_box said:

I followed this guide for changing port. Because it conflicts with existing, original one.

However, when I press the webUI button (the button with the earth symbol) from the unraid docker tab, the link I am sent to is the default port 8080, not the port I set according to the guide.

I had this exact problem after changing the port per the guide to 8050 to avoid a conflict.

I wound up manually editing /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-binhex-qbittorrentvpn.xml and changing this line from 8080 to my chosen 8050.

<WebUI>http://[IP]:[PORT:8050]/</WebUI>

This not being updated seems like a bug  ?

5 hours ago, binhex said:

i am assuming you are a protonvpn user, i would also assume from that error that protonvpn has been shutting down or changing some of their servers, go download a fresh config file from them and it should fix it.

I should've specified that, yes. That did the job, thank you very much!