[Support] Linuxserver.io - Unifi-Controller


927 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, rsbonini said:

I've installed the Unifi-Controller docker using the default option, which in this case is version 6.1.71.  Unfortunately Unifi has declared my APs EOL and so any further updates to the Controller past 6.1.71 will break my ability to configure them.  I needed something newer than 5.9 to get my USW-Aggregation working otherwise i would have left it at that.  My questions are as follows:

 

1. Will leaving the docker repository poined at: linuxserver/unifi-controller run any risk of it updating itself past the current version?  If so is there a way to disable this?

 

2. Is there a way to save a complete copy of the current docker build (not just the configuration) to restore from if needed in future and the "latest" branch has moved forward?

 

Thanks in advance for any advice!

 

Set a tag in the docker eg:

linuxserver/unifi-controller:version-6.1.71

 

Tags can be found from here:

https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/unifi-controller/tags?page=1&ordering=last_updated

Link to post
  • Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Success, so far, I'm running 5.14.23-ls76 now.   So, to summarize, to those who wish to move from LTS (5.6.42) to 5.14.23-ls76, you must first use 5.10.24-ls21 to upgrade the database.

Sorry, I may have missed something completely earlier in discussions but mine also had this issue as it looks like dockerhub linuxserver.io shows version 6.1.71 attached to the tag 'latest' which it i

I was having adoption issues when i changed to this docker and then i remembered i had the same problem before after an upgrade and i had to change the docker to "host" from "bridge".   Rest

Posted Images

11 hours ago, dfox1787 said:

so what can i do

Ubiquiti does not officially support the controller running in a docker container even though many run it that way without issue.  Don't mention Docker.  Just say you are running it on Linux if they ask for the OS. 

 

Officially, they support Windows, MacOS, Debian/Ubuntu, iOS, Android and, of course, their own Cloudkey.

 

If you say Docker, they may try to blame that for whatever the problem is.

Link to post
21 hours ago, Hoopster said:

Ubiquiti does not officially support the controller running in a docker container even though many run it that way without issue.  Don't mention Docker.  Just say you are running it on Linux if they ask for the OS. 

 

Officially, they support Windows, MacOS, Debian/Ubuntu, iOS, Android and, of course, their own Cloudkey.

 

If you say Docker, they may try to blame that for whatever the problem is.

it works fine on previous versions. theres a few in the unrai facebook with this issue. was hoping someone had found a fix. i dont hold much hope for help from unifi

Link to post
On 5/8/2021 at 4:40 PM, dfox1787 said:

it works fine on previous versions. theres a few in the unrai facebook with this issue. was hoping someone had found a fix. i dont hold much hope for help from unifi

Nobody holds out any hope from unifi. Welcome to the club. if it works great. if not, try different versions and be miserable like the rest of us. Nobody here can change the state of affairs over at ubiquity. We all just have to struggle on together.

Link to post

The Controller Completely stopped Working for me since the last Update.
Now I get this Message 

 

UniFi Controller startup failed

We do not support upgrading from 6.2.23.

Someone have an Idea what to do here?

Link to post

For those who had this problem:

UniFi Controller startup failed

We do not support upgrading from 6.2.23.

 

Checkings the logs in /logs/server.log:

[2021-05-13T12:09:08,198] <localhost-startStop-1> INFO  db     - DB version (6.2.23) different from Runtime Version(6.1.71), migrating...
[2021-05-13T12:09:08,205] <localhost-startStop-1> ERROR db     - We do not support upgrading from 6.2.23.

 

I searched around in the data folder and i found that the "DB version" is just a text file. If you change the version in the text file it just skip the check and migration.

You can find the file in /data/db/version

Just edit it with notepad++ or whatever editor that is not Windows notepad and change it from 6.2.23 to 6.1.71

Save and start the docker.

I dont know if this can cause problems in the long term but at least you can start back up the controller

Link to post
4 hours ago, Select25 said:

UniFi Controller startup failed

We do not support upgrading from 6.2.23.

Same issue here. "Patching" the data/db/version with a 6.1.71 works. But this is a very ugly workaround.
Whats is the real solution here?
1. Workaround, backup clean install and then importing the backup?

or

2. Waiting for a better solution?

 

;-)

 

Happy fathers-day!

Link to post
Posted (edited)

Sorry, I may have missed something completely earlier in discussions but mine also had this issue as it looks like dockerhub linuxserver.io shows version 6.1.71 attached to the tag 'latest' which it isn't (its a release from a month or so ago) and mine is trying to downgrade to it as its thinking it is a new release. 

 

*** I fixed this (temporarily until linuxserver.io fix the tags) by changing out the repository field to "linuxserver/unifi-controller:version-6.2.23" this then reinstalled the 6.2.23 version and the container came up. ***

 

Note: once fixed by linuxserver you will need to revert the repository field or you won't get updates.

Edited by twistedsanity
reword
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, canedje said:

 "linuxserver/unifi-controller:version-6.2.23" this then reinstalled the 6.2.23 version and the container came up

 

Where to find this ??

If you click on the name of the container it will take you to the 'configuration screen' in there will be a field called "Repository" it will likely have the box filled with "linuxserver/unifi-controller" or "linuxserver/unifi-controller:latest" change this to "linuxserver/unifi-controller:version-6.2.23" (without the quotes) and click apply. This basically tells the system to go and get a specific version of the software rather than just looking for the newest.

 

But again please remember this is a temp fix and will need to be reverted at some point. Also please note by changing this you are purely specifying a version you are not getting the software from anyone else etc....

Edited by twistedsanity
Link to post
Posted (edited)

Just a heads up - this isn't the first time we've been bitten by this issue. I personally always pop-open the GitHub page and check what the commits were to ensure it isn't this type of revert.

 

GitHub: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-unifi-controller

 

You can see it happen here when it reverted from 6.2 to 6.1: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-unifi-controller/commit/6eff0f3d19534437a2b3a823d47e94e8487f93cf

 

 

Edited by xaositek
Link to post
On 5/13/2021 at 4:12 PM, xaositek said:

Just a heads up - this isn't the first time we've been bitten by this issue. I personally always pop-open the GitHub page and check what the commits were to ensure it isn't this type of revert.

 

GitHub: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-unifi-controller

 

You can see it happen here when it reverted from 6.2 to 6.1: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-unifi-controller/commit/6eff0f3d19534437a2b3a823d47e94e8487f93cf

 

 

You can thank ubiquiti for this. They released 6.2.23 and then pulled it. You should never have unifi-controller on auto-update in my opinion.

Link to post
On 5/14/2021 at 3:41 PM, saarg said:

You can thank ubiquiti for this. They released 6.2.23 and then pulled it. You should never have unifi-controller on auto-update in my opinion.

 

Yep. Won't be making that mistake again. Ubiquiti has been doing some weird stuff to the controller that has broken things a few times for me in the last few months. Should have realized I had it set to update to the latest version.

Link to post
Posted (edited)

Updated unRAID 6.8.3 -> 6.9.2 and now get a "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" when trying to access my unifi 5.14.23 docker webui. The docker log shows no errors messages. So I tried: removing and redownloading the docker, completing deleting the docker image, reverting to 6.8.3, etc. Tried playing with the webui ports in the docker, but it just spits out the same error. The tunnels I have to offsite USGs are still up and according to their webui's, "The UniFi Controller is currently unreachable." TBH, not sure if this is a 6.9.2 issue, or an underlying issue that happened to pop off when I tried the update. Has anyone else run into this or has a suggestion on where/what I can try?

Edited by ryoko227
for clarity
Link to post
41 minutes ago, ryoko227 said:

Updated unRAID 6.8.3 -> 6.9.2 and now get a "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" when trying to access my unifi 5.14.23 docker webui. The docker log shows no errors messages. So I tried: removing and redownloading the docker, completing deleting the docker image, reverting to 6.8.3, etc. Tried playing with the webui ports in the docker, but it just spits out the same error. The tunnels I have to offsite USGs are still up and according to their webui's, "The UniFi Controller is currently unreachable." TBH, not sure if this is a 6.9.2 issue, or an underlying issue that happened to pop off when I tried the update. Has anyone else run into this or has a suggestion on where/what I can try?

Worth a shot: did you clear your browser cache?

Does the Android/iOS app still work?

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.