[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

3 hours ago, nhojskg said:

Validation is true, I still get the same error message, I've tried validating on client side as well.

An what does the log say?

Have you yet tried to:

1. Stop the container
  2. Delete the "steamapps" folder form the Palworld server directory
  3. Start the container

First of all, I love your work and appreciate all you do here. Thank you

This is no request, just a question out of technical interest. I have seen some maintainer switching from Wine to Proton for Enshrouded-DS for better performance. I can't confirm the gain yet but is this something you consider for your wine dockers too?

I used it for games before on Linux but never thought about using it for server too. I've read about "dramatic improvement in performance" so maybe it's something to consider for other similar server docker too.

1 hour ago, Celmar said:

Enshrouded

I don‘t have a Enshrouded container.

1 hour ago, Celmar said:

I used it for games before on Linux but never thought about using it for server too. I've read about "dramatic improvement in performance" so maybe it's something to consider for other similar server docker too.

Maybe for some games but not for games that I have in my repository, I‘m also unsure if you are not satisfied with the performance from my WINE based dedicated servers because I don‘t see an issue with Conan Exiles or similar game servers.

Protons strength is mainly when it comes to graphics which a dedicated server usually doesn‘t need.

I have tested a few dedicated servers that are only supported natively on Windows and the performance hit or better speaking the overhead was neglible and for some games it even run better through WINE.

I know, I know, I mark my containers as Beta which run through WINE and warn often about the overhead but that is something that I have to do since it is not native Windows and crashes or some other weird behaviour can happen (maybe on AMD or maybe on Intel on specific CPUs…).

However I don‘t consoder switching over to Proton because I don‘t have a game in my repository which suffers real performance hits I think.

Hope that answers most of your questions.

After updating my Palworld docker today my save data is gone. When logging into the server it appears to be a fresh start.  

When exploring the folder: appdata\palword\Pal\Saved\SaveGames\0\EC378850F2E843729CC75CB4CE85B241\Players 

It looks like there are 4 player saves which is the number of users I had on the sever before the update. I tried changing /mnt/cache/appdata/palworld to /mnt/user/appdata/palword and replacing the palword folder contents with old ones but that also did not change anythinig. This is the beginning of my log. 

/serverdata/steamcmd/steamcmd.sh: line 39:    84 Segmentation fault      $DEBUGGER "$STEAMEXE" "$@"
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 5 milliseconds to initialize
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 2394010
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamUser021 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamFriends017 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface STEAMAPPS_INTERFACE_VERSION008 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils004 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.

8 hours ago, Kyubey said:

Could you also do a PalWorld docker using WINE so mods can be added.

Sorry but no, you‘ll have to wait for Linux mod support.

What you can do in the meantime is that you set up a VM and install the dedicated server there but I‘m not too sure if the Windows and Linux save files are compatible.

10 hours ago, CatDad49421 said:

After updating my Palworld docker today my save data is gone. When logging into the server it appears to be a fresh start.  

Sorry, but there was no update from Palworld AFAIK at least not this week.

To what is your appdata share set in terms if the files moved to the Array or not?

Did you enable the backup function from the container?

Can you please post screenshots from your container template?

10 hours ago, CatDad49421 said:

/serverdata/steamcmd/steamcmd.sh: line 39:    84 Segmentation fault      $DEBUGGER "$STEAMEXE" "$@"

Can you please post the full log output? This line is definitely not normal.

For those trying to use Proxied cloudflare for dns, the 8211 port is not valid in their proxy support port list. Therefore you must change your external port to a valid port and then port forward that external port to 8211, or change both internal and external ports (not recommended). 

OR you can run unproxied by turning off Proxy in the cloudflare DNS settings. 

make sure if you have automatic cloudflare dns update scripts that you are also configuring that in alignment with the above. 

8 minutes ago, RedRaptor said:

OR you can run unproxied by turning off Proxy in the cloudflare DNS settings. 

This would be my recommendation... because this:

8 minutes ago, RedRaptor said:

make sure if you have automatic cloudflare dns update scripts that you are also configuring that in alignment with the above. 

is in my opinion overkill for a game server.

12 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This would be my recommendation... because this:

is in my opinion overkill for a game server.

Agree, if you’re just playing with friends. But if they are opening up invites to their friends, or if you plan to go public, I always recommend multi tiered protection. Especially if your system is used for other activities other than the game server. 

thanks for the container by the way, it’s been rock solid!

5 minutes ago, RedRaptor said:

But if they are opening up invites to their friends, or if you plan to go public, I always recommend multi tiered protection. Especially if your system is used for other activities other than the game server.

Sorry but I disagree about that, sure security is good but too much security can be also be bad sometimes and cause a lot of issues.

If one has set up everything as it should be then this should not cause much issues at all.

But of course, this is only my opinion and everyone has another opinion as always...

5 minutes ago, RedRaptor said:

thanks for the container by the way, it’s been rock solid!

Glad to hear that.

Hello, I downloaded the docker installer. I check the logs and it shows the server is running. I cannot connect to it for the life of me. I have tried forwarding the port 8211. That did nothing. I am using unraid 6.12.6. Please help if possible.

28 minutes ago, elkevo20 said:

Hello, I downloaded the docker installer. I check the logs and it shows the server is running. I cannot connect to it for the life of me. I have tried forwarding the port 8211. That did nothing. I am using unraid 6.12.6. Please help if possible.

And what is the exact issue, I need more information on this?

How do you try to connect (direct connection,...)?

What is the exact error message?

Did you change anything in the template or in the config, if yes, please post screenshots.

19 hours ago, CatDad49421 said:

When exploring the folder: appdata\palword\Pal\Saved\SaveGames\0\EC378850F2E843729CC75CB4CE85B241\Players 

It looks like there are 4 player saves which is the number of users I had on the sever before the update. I tried changing /mnt/cache/appdata/palworld to /mnt/user/appdata/palword and replacing the palword folder contents with old ones but that also did not change anythinig. This is the beginning of my log. 

[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 5 milliseconds to initialize
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 2394010
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamUser021 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamFriends017 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface STEAMAPPS_INTERFACE_VERSION008 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils004 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.

I had the same issue, it looks like something changed with the steam id to player guid process (maybe related to that error?) so I had to add -nosteam to the Extra Game Parameters:

-nosteam -No-useperfthreads -NoAsyncLoadingThread -UseMultithreadForDS

This fixed it for me and all 12 players on my server were able to log into to their old save files again.

19 minutes ago, ich777 said:

And what is the exact issue, I need more information on this?

How do you try to connect (direct connection,...)?

What is the exact error message?

Did you change anything in the template or in the config, if yes, please post screenshots.

Sorry, the issue is I can't direct connect to it. I just get the generic timed out error from Palworld. I changed nothing in the template/config.

1 minute ago, elkevo20 said:

Sorry, the issue is I can't direct connect to it. I just get the generic timed out error from Palworld. I changed nothing in the template/config.

Do you try to connect from inside your LAN? With what IP do you try to connect? Sometimes it doesn't work with your Public IP when your Hair Pin NAT is not set up/working properly.

22 minutes ago, kanundrum1134 said:

I had the same issue, it looks like something changed with the steam id to player guid process (maybe related to that error?) so I had to add -nosteam to the Extra Game Parameters:

Nothing changed over here btw...

14 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Do you try to connect from inside your LAN? With what IP do you try to connect? Sometimes it doesn't work with your Public IP when your Hair Pin NAT is not set up/working properly.

Yes. I connect using the 127.0.0.1:8211

15 minutes ago, elkevo20 said:

Yes. I connect using the 127.0.0.1:8211

Sorry but that can't work, 127.0.0.1 is your local computer and since you are running the container on your server... Can you see where I'm going with that?

You have to use the IP from your Unraid server and then the port.

Eg: 10.0.0.200:8211 or 192.168.0.100:8211 or whatever your Unraid IP is.

43 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Sorry but that can't work, 127.0.0.1 is your local computer and since you are running the container on your server... Can you see where I'm going with that?

You have to use the IP from your Unraid server and then the port.

Eg: 10.0.0.200:8211 or 192.168.0.100:8211 or whatever your Unraid IP is.

Ahhhh. Duh.....I feel so stupid now. Okay, that worked. I have 2 questions now. 1.) How can my friends join? Use my public IP or bad idea? 2.) How can I edit the configuration for the server?

Thank you,

2 hours ago, kanundrum1134 said:

-nosteam -No-useperfthreads -NoAsyncLoadingThread -UseMultithreadForDS

This fixed it for me and all 12 players on my server were able to log into to their old save files again.

I added "-nosteam -No-useperfthreads -NoAsyncLoadingThread -UseMultithreadForDS" to the launch options in Steam but no success logging into my orginal character. Is this the correct paste location you were referring to in the text above? 

Hello there im trying to run the docker with the following command

docker run --name ARKSurvivalEvolved -d \
    -p 7777-7778:7777-7778/udp -p 27015:27015/udp -p 27020:27020 \
    --env 'GAME_ID=376030' \
    --env 'MAP=TheIsland' \
    --env 'GAME_PARAMS_EXTRA=-server -log -crossplay -NoBattlEye -PublicIPForEpic=PublicIPofMyServer' \
    --env 'UID=1000' \
    --env 'GID=1000' \
    --volume ~/steamcmd:/serverdata/steamcmd \
    --volume ~/ark-se:/serverdata/serverfiles \
    ich777/steamcmd:arkse

But somehow each time i run this (after deleteing the docker container) or restart the docker container the config file gets overwritten to the default one.
Im very confused how to disable this behavior.

UID/GID is the user id/group id of the user correctly login and running the command, with 99/100 i dont have the permission to change the file without using sudo. Even if i do its still reseted on start up.

So how do i set the config ~/ark-se/ShooterGame/Saved/Config/LinuxServer/GameUserSettings.ini in such a way that its not overwritten.

Today i once succeded to do this but this was when i manually started the server via running `./ShooterGameServer` with the same parameters as the extra game params above .
Then i though cool now lets run rerun the container. But since than the issue exists and is persistent.

./ark-se/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/ShooterGameServer TheIsland -server -log -crossplay -NoBattlEye -PublicIPForEpic=TheServerIP

Edited by Otterpatsch

Hey guys having a bit of an issue here, I have installed the dayz container i left all settings default the server then runs as you can see from the screenshot but I cannot connect to it. I am trying to connect through lan using the unraid ip. I have tried checking the lan tab on dayz as well as on steam but they dont show up, I have also tried to direct connect but nothing happens at all not even an error message. 

dayz.PNG

2 hours ago, elkevo20 said:

Ahhhh. Duh.....I feel so stupid now. Okay, that worked. I have 2 questions now. 1.) How can my friends join? Use my public IP or bad idea? 2.) How can I edit the configuration for the server?

Thank you,

The PalWorldSettings.ini will not keep changes. I edit it in nano. Then restart the docker and it goes back to default.