[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Well, if i don't enter at least my IPv4, it cannot work. Or can it ?

It would help to be able to download the default server file (as my has been modified already)

I've posted my file earlier in the discussion, if you want to have a look on it or compare.

Last but not least, i cannot access the docker on my brower, using 192.168.1.69:16261 or 16262

So i've been check the ports, and they appear as closed.

I've been check my router, and they seems open so far. Here is a screen capture

Capture d'écran 2024-04-19 131649.png

1 hour ago, Maitresinh said:

Well, if i don't enter at least my IPv4, it cannot work. Or can it ?

Why shouldn't it? Then it simply listens on all interfaces so to speak 0.0.0.0

So i've been check the ports, and they appear as closed.

Port checkers are only able to check ports which are http or https based and since we are dealing with a game server here most port checking sites won't even detect if the ports are open.

I've been restarting, and i have a few red (error) messages.

This is nothing to worry about.

BTW Can you please put such a huge log file into a file and upload it here to not bloat the thread.

As ports are open, it seems to be a problem from the docker.

Please unset your IP in the config file and leave it as is.

I can only tell you that it is working fine over here and I can connect from my LAN and from my WAN to the dedicated server.

On 4/19/2024 at 2:51 PM, ich777 said:

Why shouldn't it? Then it simply listens on all interfaces so to speak 0.0.0.0

Port checkers are only able to check ports which are http or https based and since we are dealing with a game server here most port checking sites won't even detect if the ports are open.

I've tried. Same result. No server showing. No connection.

Could it be a probleme with the client ?

I' ve noticied that the "Ip" file is not showing up.

Maybe you can see the server (romero-popollo) ?

I also saw here somehting about a -nosteam parameter

https://pzwiki.net/wiki/Dedicated_server

On 4/19/2024 at 2:51 PM, ich777 said:

This is nothing to worry about.

BTW Can you please put such a huge log file into a file and upload it here to not bloat the thread.

Please unset your IP in the config file and leave it as is.

I can only tell you that it is working fine over here and I can connect from my LAN and from my WAN to the dedicated server.

Sorry

Edited by Maitresinh
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

I don‘t take any game server requests anymore, sorry…

NP :) Thanks for the fast response!

Edit: Also, thanks for all you've done :). The Community apps are mostly full cause of your hardf work!

Edited by KRONBERG
thanx
  • Like 1

Hello,

I wanted to use your openTTD container but I am finding it is missing some libraries and crashes on run.
I've opened a github issue with the problem log output and the necessary fix (adding two libraries to the apt-get install line in the Dockerfile).
I'd submit a PR directly but it does not appear I can. Do you still take fixes for your existing containers or should users fork it?

Thank you for your work and even thinking of a game like openTTD!

Edited by owlman
parenthesis
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, owlman said:

I wanted to use your openTTD container but I am finding it is missing some libraries and crashes on run.

Thank you for the report! :)

I'd submit a PR directly but it does not appear I can.

I also don't see a PR, however I changed the library libglib2.0-dev to libglib2.0-0 since the development package is not needed.

Do you still take fixes for your existing containers or should users fork it?

Sure, I still maintain these container. ;)

Just because I don't accept any new requests for game server doesn't mean that I dropped support for existing containers.

The container is already updated and is working again.

Thanks again for the report!

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Maitresinh said:

Maybe you can see the server (romero-popollo) ?

I have to try but this will take some time since I'm really busy currently...

16 hours ago, Maitresinh said:

Could it be a probleme with the client ?

I' ve noticied that the "Ip" file is not showing up.

Have you yet tried to reinstall your game on your local PC?

2 minutes ago, Maitresinh said:

will install the version 41.76.16 and check. thanks for your time and patience.

Do you install a specific version from the game instead of the latest available?

Please note that the container usually pulls the latest version and older versions from the game had a completely different requirement in ports.

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

Thank you for the report! :)

I also don't see a PR, however I changed the library libglib2.0-dev to libglib2.0-0 since the development package is not needed.

Sure, I still maintain these container. ;)

Just because I don't accept any new requests for game server doesn't mean that I dropped support for existing containers.

The container is already updated and is working again.

Thanks again for the report!

Works great, thank you so much!
And the missing PR was my mistake, got my auth wrong and didn't read right. 🤦‍♂️

Thanks for the extremely prompt update :)

• Like 1

This has probably been answered 100 times but I was unable to see the answer so I'm sorry in advance.

My ark survival server running through an unraid docker began having issues after adding variables into the "Game Parameters:"

I had removed the ones I added then removed all of them, double checked for spaces anywhere, but have gotten the following error:

/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 72:    64 Segmentation fault      ./ShooterGameServer ${MAP}?listen?SessionName=${SERVER_NAME}?ServerPassword=${SRV_PWD}?ServerAdminPassword=${SRV_ADMIN_PWD}${GAME_PARAMS} ${GAME_PARAMS_EXTRA}

I'm not sure what me adding those two variables done to the server but would like assistance if there is any and to save my saves at least.

33 minutes ago, DisplayFusion said:

I'm not sure what me adding those two variables done to the server but would like assistance if there is any and to save my saves at least.

Have you yet tried to set up a second instance and see if that works, I know it sounds kind of silly but please try and see if that solves your issue.

You just have to stop your first container, give the new container another name and change the path to the game files.

I only see those kind of issues on non supported CPUs but I assume it was working before.

It could also be the case that your game files got corrupt but I haven't seen that only once for a Ark server.

Minecraft just updated to 1.20.5 this morning, and now my server isn't booting. Looking at the log I'm seeing the following error:

Error: LinkageError occurred while loading main class net.minecraft.bundler.Main
        java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/minecraft/bundler/Main has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 65.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 61.0

Any idea how would I go about updating the JRE to get past this?

20 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you yet tried to set up a second instance and see if that works, I know it sounds kind of silly but please try and see if that solves your issue.

You just have to stop your first container, give the new container another name and change the path to the game files.

I only see those kind of issues on non supported CPUs but I assume it was working before.

It could also be the case that your game files got corrupt but I haven't seen that only once for a Ark server.

Created a second instance, didn't work, BUT I did change the map from "TheIsland" to "Genesis" on one of the containers and works fine.

I also moved the saves from the server files which works and let it create a fresh save which... unfortunately works.

So it's looking like the saves for whatever reason is now corrupted after me adding two variables regardless of what variables I enter and which backup of the save I put into the servers saves, even ones days before I changed anything.

Am I out of luck or is there a workaround?

10 hours ago, estuine said:

Minecraft just updated to 1.20.5 this morning, and now my server isn't booting. Looking at the log I'm seeing the following error:

Thank you for the report!

Please update the container itself, after that edit the template, at the bottom click on Show more settings... and at Runtime Name enter "jre21" (without quotes) like:grafik.png.6cacccf1635c54fde83f087aa976adaa.png

After that the container will start, download the new JRE and maybe restart one more time.

10 hours ago, DisplayFusion said:

So it's looking like the saves for whatever reason is now corrupted after me adding two variables regardless of what variables I enter and which backup of the save I put into the servers saves, even ones days before I changed anything.

It can be possible if the container was just starting and you changed right a value while it was starting and couldn't save successfully that it got corrupt but that is really a edge case that I never saw.

As said before I have seen that only one time that a save game became corrupt on a Ark server.

10 hours ago, DisplayFusion said:

Am I out of luck or is there a workaround?

You can try to move the savegame to a Windows machine and import it there and see if it is working.

Do you maybe have a backup from your appdata where an "old" save is included?

hi i dont know what i do wrong

i install the pix ark server and get this

0024:err:virtual:virtual_map_section mapping 0x14ac2caf0000 11000 0 failed
0024:fixme:imm:ImeSetActiveContext (0000000000010070, 1): stub
0024:fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (000000000002006E, 0000000000010070): stub

some one now what i do wron?

7 hours ago, AlaskaBvR said:

Is there a way to make ASA visible to the game without making opening a port to the outside world?

I'm not 100% sure because this is a game specific question but couldn't you connect through the in game console or via filtering LAN games only or simply by connecting through your servers LAN IP?

First of all, thank you for the awesome docker containers!

How would I best add these variables, so that I can install the public test of Ashlands?

I tried adding the variables like in the attached image, but no luck.

Edit:

Solution: put "-beta public-test -betapassword yesimadebackups" (without quotes) in the GAME_ID field after the numbers.

Also added the environment variable PUBLIC_TEST=true, but don't know if that is necessary.

@ich777

image.thumb.png.b84927cde20a9b7a9d3a018f757a1b85.png

image.thumb.png.3beab63eae93f02027d687e984e4a915.png

Edited by DogeKitteh007
Added image of attempt to add variables
  • Like 1
On 4/24/2024 at 6:22 PM, jearone said:

i install the pix ark server and get this

Sorry, I completely overlooked your post...

I tried it now and it seems to have some kind of issue now, sadly enough I made this game on request and I don't own the game so I really can't test what's wrong... :/

Sorry to have bad news but I'll deprecate the container since it's really hard to troubleshoot for me without owning the game.

I'm having an issue with the Ark Survival Ascended docker.  I wanted to test some setting changes in the game, so I created a second container with the previously installed docker.  I deleted and changed the port for the new container from 7777 to 7779. 

If both dockers are running, both show up in the game's server select.  They show their unique names and day count.  It doesn't matter which one I select, I end up on the first server.  Inside the game, it shows the first server's name, even if I joined from the second server in the server select.

If the first server's docker is running, the second server shows up in the list, but I am unable to connect.  Is there a hidden port setting somewhere that I am missing?

image.thumb.png.18d82eac7b58aa2c7c308bf425ebd9f8.png

image.png.8ee3d62bc724a9327a73d196cd3bfaf4.png

image.png.a7f1d29d44e139c309c29fac897e9a4a.png

I've not had this issue with Ark Survival Evolved in the past, but there seems to be fewer port options in the ASA docker?

image.thumb.png.84225a99aa159e55a161290075029182.png