[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

10 hours ago, Waneng said:

Thank you for that, but I am not sure what you are asking.

I can't reproduce this...

With the default configuration it just works, this is my log where you can see that I can connect just fine:

grafik.thumb.png.19e0aa9113fe3901c603027ee2e9af72.png

Are you really sure that NAT Reflection is working correctly on your end. As you can clearly see I only tested this with my local IP but I just entered my servers IP in IP as you can see here:

grafik.thumb.png.ffd23ad44796203d4f2314765de352b6.png

Please also note that I didn't change anything, just deployed the container.

Does anyone have their Palworld server running on Unraid with the ICH777 community app container and have figured out how to make it a community server? I think I just need to add -publiclobby to the startup arguments, but I do not see where I would put that in the container config

Edited by mrcollin101
22 minutes ago, ich777 said:

With the default configuration it just works, this is my log where you can see that I can connect just fine:

Are you really sure that NAT Reflection is working correctly on your end. As you can clearly see I only tested this with my local IP but I just entered my servers IP in IP as you can see here:

OK, my mistake, I used both WAN and LAN IP when I tried connecting with LAN last time, and I did successfully join the server this time.

So, the server is running well, should I try opening some other ports for it to work? Do you have any suggestions? Like IP passthrough? Because it is still not responsive via WAN ip.

Btw I am using a AT&T fiber router, maybe you encounter other people have similar problem with this router.

17 minutes ago, Waneng said:

Because it is still not responsive via WAN ip.

Can somebody outside your LAN try to connect? If NAT Reflection isn‘t working on your Router then you won‘t be able to join the dedicated server with your public IP from your LAN.

18 minutes ago, Waneng said:

So, the server is running well, should I try opening some other ports for it to work?

Yes, all the ports which are listed in the Docker template with the corresponding protocol.

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

Delete the Saved folder in the Pal directory this should fix the issue, unfortunately your savegame is lost after you do that.

After some sleep, I moved the Saved folder to my desktop, and it is still looping like before. 

13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can somebody outside your LAN try to connect? If NAT Reflection isn‘t working on your Router then you won‘t be able to join the dedicated server with your public IP from your LAN.

Yes, all the ports which are listed in the Docker template with the corresponding protocol.

Ok, my friends have the same problem as well, I may have some idea, att router only apply port forwarding on single device that is connect to the router, which I did it on the NAS machine, but the docker use another LAN IP, could that be the problem?

image.png.e2474d7dee291e31cb7fa9bf2439a58a.png

35 minutes ago, ich777 said:

yes, it is the problem, I hate ISP router so much!!

Thank you for the patient and time, I should realize the problem long time ago!

Hope everything works out for you, and have a nice day!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, ich777 said:

Delete the Saved folder in the Pal directory this should fix the issue, unfortunately your savegame is lost after you do that.

So I wound up removing the docker, wiping the entire appdata folder(the other servers I'd installed weren't being used anyway), reinstalled the container, reapplied my save/settings files to the fresh install, works like a charm! We got there in the end, and I sincerely appreciate all your help!  

• Like 1

Any guidance or information on setting up an Ark Ascended cluster in Unraid using ich777's container?  I saw some guidance for Ark Survival Evolved.  Not having much luck with google or searching this thread. 

Edited by mpoffo
1 hour ago, mpoffo said:

Any guidance or information on setting up an Ark Ascended cluster in Unraid using ich777's container?

Just deploy it as is and continue from there.

The container will start up and run fine in the default configuration, don‘t forget to forward the ports in your router.

4 hours ago, zanth said:

So I wound up removing the docker, wiping the entire appdata folder(the other servers I'd installed weren't being used anyway), reinstalled the container, reapplied my save/settings files to the fresh install, works like a charm! We got there in the end, and I sincerely appreciate all your help!  

I am having the same problem as you except my settings for appdata were always to stay on cache (Array --> Cache)  Thanks for posting your solution, I am about to try.   Did you just copy out your saved folder? or just savegames?  I went ahead backed up my whole docker just in case.

17 minutes ago, Boren3459 said:

I am having the same problem as you except my settings for appdata were always to stay on cache (Array --> Cache)  Thanks for posting your solution, I am about to try.   Did you just copy out your saved folder? or just savegames?  I went ahead backed up my whole docker just in case.

Nevermind, it worked perfect.  It took the whole Saved folder.  Thanks again.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Just deploy it as is and continue from there.

The container will start up and run fine in the default configuration, don‘t forget to forward the ports in your router.

Thanks I have Ark Ascended working well with your container. 

I am wondering how to create a cluster with The Island and Scorched earth with your container.  I am not seeing much on that for Ark Ascended since it is newer.  I am somewhat familiar with cluster ID's but didn't think I could run 2 servers in on container.  Do I run two containers (can I even do that in Unraid with this image?) and have some common place for the data?

3 hours ago, mpoffo said:

I am wondering how to create a cluster with The Island and Scorched earth with your container.

I think it would not be that different than for ARK Survival Evolved.

Please look at the second recommended post on top of this thread.

On 3/26/2024 at 12:50 PM, ich777 said:

Click on the container icon and select log on the Docker page that‘s it.

i switched to a different (way more potent) hardware and now it runs awesome.
only thing is, the "sons of the forest"-server docker needs ~10-12w power consumption even if no one is connected and the server is idling, maybe there is something doable about that :) if not its fine.. just reporting what i see.

other then that it runs VERY stable.. thanks for this awesome docker!

1 minute ago, lyrics123 said:

maybe there is something doable about that

Nope, at least not from my side.

You can try to report that to the developers that the dedicated server uses a lot of power in idle but I don't think that you get a positive answer and that they fix it.

Some game servers consume almost no power and some consume a lot of power, that's just the way it is.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Nope, at least not from my side.

You can try to report that to the developers that the dedicated server uses a lot of power in idle but I don't think that you get a positive answer and that they fix it.

Some game servers consume almost no power and some consume a lot of power, that's just the way it is.

okey, thanks :)

• Like 1

I am running the BeamNG-MP server from Unraid. The only problem I have encountered is that clients do not download mods then joining. In my understanding, they should be downloaded automatically.

Mods locatet here \\192.168.0.138\appdata\beamng-mp\Resources\Client

What is going wrong?

7 hours ago, mpoffo said:

Thanks I have Ark Ascended working well with your container. 

I am wondering how to create a cluster with The Island and Scorched earth with your container.  I am not seeing much on that for Ark Ascended since it is newer.  I am somewhat familiar with cluster ID's but didn't think I could run 2 servers in on container.  Do I run two containers (can I even do that in Unraid with this image?) and have some common place for the data?

I was able to get it working after messing around forever.. Granted it's probably not the best way, or even correct way to do it, but it worked.. ha..

I made a new container for ScorchedEarth.. In Apps/Settings, Allow install of second instance to Yes. Gave the 2nd instance a different name and appdata dir, so they're separate.. TheIsland docker port 7777 and ScorchedEarth port 7779

Then I added another path in both containers, naming it cluster 

container path /cluster

host path /mnt/user/appdata/cluster

in extra game parameters for both dockers, I added

-clusterID=yourclustername -clusterdiroverride=/cluster 

For me, the second docker was only connecting on port 7777, no matter what i put in the template.

I edited GameUserSettings.ini on the ScorchedEarth side and added the port in there.

[SessionSettings]
SessionName=My Session Name
Port=7779

After doing this, we're able to transport gear and dinos back and forth between the two maps on my server..

1 hour ago, Volff said:

I am running the BeamNG-MP server from Unraid. The only problem I have encountered is that clients do not download mods then joining. In my understanding, they should be downloaded automatically.

Do you run the Client (so to speak the game) on Linux or on Windows?

For example on Windows the download is working just fine.

While running on Linux it is not downloading the mods, it tries and fails and is basically hanging after it tried to download the first mod and not connecting to the server. I manually have to place the mods in the correct mod folder on the client to fix that and to be able to connect to the server.

What is exactly not working, is the client not downloading any mods but still connecting to the server or is it hanging while trying to download mods?

To what path is GameFiles set in the Docker template? Maybe try to set it to /mnt/user/... if it is currently set to /mnt/cache/...

1 hour ago, H8Edge said:

After doing this, we're able to transport gear and dinos back and forth between the two maps on my server..

I think this is basically the same or very similar what @Cyd does in the second recommend post on top.

38 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Do you run the Client (so to speak the game) on Linux or on Windows?

For example on Windows the download is working just fine.

While running on Linux it is not downloading the mods, it tries and fails and is basically hanging after it tried to download the first mod and not connecting to the server. I manually have to place the mods in the correct mod folder on the client to fix that and to be able to connect to the server.

What is exactly not working, is the client not downloading any mods but still connecting to the server or is it hanging while trying to download mods?

To what path is GameFiles set in the Docker template? Maybe try to set it to /mnt/user/... if it is currently set to /mnt/cache/...

The server shows 0 mods then looking on the beammp server listing. I have 13 mods in the \beamng-mp\Resources\Client.
It never tried to download them.

Path set is this /mnt/cache/appdata/beamng-mp because it is a SSD, and i like my game servers to run of that. Is it a problem you think?