[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Sorry if this is the wrong way about doing this as I am new to this whole sort of thing. So I am not sure what to do. Today I turned the server off to update some mods and when I turned it back on, this is as far as it gets. I have tried Force updating the container and that didn't work and I have also tried deleting both the container and image and starting from scratch and that didn't work either. Any help is appreciated.

1 hour ago, Jonco98 said:

when I turned it back on, this is as far as it gets

You know that you can post pictures here by simply pressing CTRL + V or drop the images in the text box…

Anyways, seems like your server is running fine and waiting for connections.

how much CPU and RAM does the container use?

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

You know that you can post pictures here by simply pressing CTRL + V or drop the images in the text box…

Anyways, seems like your server is running fine and waiting for connections.

how much CPU and RAM does the container use?

Like a solid 3% of the CPU and 10 Gigs of Memory

4 hours ago, OfficalStix said:

Only way i found to make it work is not to have Validate Installation as True

I really don't understand, that should do nothing because it is just validating the game files.

1 hour ago, Jonco98 said:

Like a solid 3% of the CPU and 10 Gigs of Memory

Are you really sure? Do you have many mods installed? Usually the container consumes about 2GB of RAM and a few percent from your CPU (of course depending on your CPU).

However the container seems to be running fine. ;)

On 3/20/2024 at 8:16 PM, ich777 said:

I really don't understand, that should do nothing because it is just validating the game files.

Well for me it was re-downloading the cfg files, and all the changes made in there were gone, only after disabling it the cfg files were left untouched.

Edited by OfficalStix
6 hours ago, OfficalStix said:

Well for me it was re-downloading the cfg files, and all the changes made in there were gone, only after disabling it the cfg files were left untouched.

Ah, now I understand, if you set validation to true then it will check and update/replace all files that are not the same as on the server.

I still don't understand why people set validation to true <- this is only meant if you have issues when downloading/updating the game.

Hello,

I am trying to get DODSource up and running but ran into a brick wall and no amount of googling has yielded anything helpful. Basically I have two errors

- ERROR! Failed to install app '232290; (No subscription) - even bought the game for this dedicated account

- Prepare Server---
No s'erver.cfg' found, downloading...---
Can't download 'server.cfg', putting server into sleep mode---

Any help would be welcome. 

Thanks Again,

Mat

mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/serverdata/.steam/sdk32’: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '/serverdata/serverfiles/bin/*': No such file or directory
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 60: cd: /serverdata/serverfiles/dod/cfg: No such file or directory
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
tid(34) burning pthread_key_t == 0 so we never use it
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Logging directory: '/serverdata/Steam/logs'
minidumps folder is set to /tmp/dumps
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
UpdateUI: skip show logoSteam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1709846822
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK
Logging in user 'widomakr1' to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
---Validating installation---
tid(58) burning pthread_key_t == 0 so we never use it
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Logging directory: '/serverdata/Steam/logs'
minidumps folder is set to /tmp/dumps
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
UpdateUI: skip show logoSteam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1709846822
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK
Logging in user 'widomakr1' to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
ERROR! Failed to install app '232290' (No subscription)
---Prepare Server---
---No s'erver.cfg' found, downloading...---
---Can't download 'server.cfg', putting server into sleep mode---

Edited by mathomas3
6 minutes ago, mathomas3 said:

Any help would be welcome. 

Something seems wrong with your installation from what I can see.

Make sure to not put in Steam credentials in the template, Steam credentials are only needed when they are marked with the red asterisk and not hidden away under the Show more section.

I will try this tomorrow on my server and see if I can reproduce this.

In the meantime remove the container, remove the folder in your appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Make sure to not put in Steam credentials in the template

In the meantime remove the container, remove the folder in your appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

This seems to have done it for me. Is there a note in the docker that I missed? Currently the server is downloading. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, mathomas3 said:

This seems to have done it for me. Is there a note in the docker that I missed? Currently the server is downloading. Thanks!

Spoke too soon. Noticed that the download has stopped and I checked the logs again and this is what I found. restarted the server with my Steam credentials and got the same.

"

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 232290
Using breakpad crash handler
dlopen failed trying to load:
/serverdata/.steam/sdk32/steamclient.so
with error:
/serverdata/.steam/sdk32/steamclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Looking up breakpad interfaces from steamclient
Calling BreakpadMiniDumpSystemInit
Segmentation fault
Add "-debug" to the /serverdata/serverfiles/srcds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
Sun 24 Mar 2024 03:01:20 PM CDT: Server restart in 10 seconds

"

8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I‘ll look into that tomorrow.

So I cleaned everything out and used a different dir for the steamcmd and I got the following error

If this is an issue with the CPU that I am using, Im confused due to CSSource is working fine, but if it matters I have two Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2640 v4 @ 2.40GHz installed on this system

"

---Prepare Server---
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/serverdata/.steam/sdk32’: No such file or directory
cp: target '/serverdata/.steam/sdk32/' is not a directory
---'server.cfg' found...
---Please wait---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
Auto detecting CPU
Using default binary: ./srcds_linux
Server will auto-restart if there is a crash.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 232290
Using breakpad crash handler
dlopen failed trying to load:
/serverdata/.steam/sdk32/steamclient.so
with error:
/serverdata/.steam/sdk32/steamclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Looking up breakpad interfaces from steamclient
Calling BreakpadMiniDumpSystemInit
Segmentation fault
Add "-debug" to the /serverdata/serverfiles/srcds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
Sun 24 Mar 2024 03:17:41 PM CDT: Server restart in 10 seconds

"

Edited by mathomas3
added CPU details
9 hours ago, mathomas3 said:

So I cleaned everything out and used a different dir for the steamcmd and I got the following error

Can you please post a screenshot from your Docker template?

I can't reproduce this error, in my case the server is running just fine and doesn't crash and I even can find it in the LAN list in the Steam Server Browser: dods.log

However I pushed a fix for a type and the steamclient.so error, please update the container itself <- I actually don't think that this will fix your issue.

Oh just a thing that came to mind, don't use the FUSE file path /mnt/user/... in the template for the Gamefiles, for most Source games you have to use the real file path like: /mnt/cache/... or /mnt/disk2/...

You can use the FUSE file path /mnt/user/... for the SteamCMD directory but not for the Gamefiles (that's why it's initially set up like that in the template).

Hallo Leute,

ich betreibe gerade auf meinem Server den Docker Enshrouded_Proton. Server läuft auch, lässt sich starten und man kann drauf joinen und spielen. Nun meine Frage, wenn ich am Abend gespielt habe auf dem Server und am nächsten Tag/Abend wieder joinen möchte, wird mir der Server als Offline angezeigt.

Wenn ich dann den Server im Unraid neu starte, wird automatisch ein neuer Spielstand geladen und ich muss aus den Backups mir die Daten wieder neu drauf spielen, damit der Server wieder auf den letzten Stand ist.

Hat da vielleicht wer eine Lösung dafür?

MfG

LiMp

1 hour ago, LiMp4GaMe said:

ich betreibe gerade auf meinem Server den Docker Enshrouded_Proton.

Sorry but only support in English over here, you have to use the German subforums if you want support in German.

Enshrouded_Proton

I don't have a container for Enshrouded... xD

Don't know why people come to my support thread. You do know that you can click on the icon from the Docker container and that there is a entry called "Support" that you can click?

ohh sorry, hab ich wohl übersehen, dann werde ich das wohl mal machen, danke!

Kannst du dich bitte dran halten und wenigstens versuchen im Hauptforum auf Englisch zu posten?

Wenigstens die Antwort und im richtigen Support Thread auch?

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you please post a screenshot from your Docker template?

Oh just a thing that came to mind, don't use the FUSE file path /mnt/user/... in the template for the Gamefiles, for most Source games you have to use the real file path like: /mnt/cache/... or /mnt/disk2/...

Thank you for the input. I went ahead and tried these settings but without luck. Logs indicate that it seems to load but I cant find the server in game or via the steam Game Server app.

Im miffed as to what is going on.

Please see the attached.

dod.odt

45 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Screenshots?

Did you change anything in terms of settings or the configuration?

Yes. I did include a screenshot inside the doc I shared along with the logs. 

Hmm. Your log and my own seem similar. The difference with my setup is that I changed the ports from 27015 to 27016. 

I also per your suggestion hard coded the 'serverfiles' path to disk 18

24 minutes ago, mathomas3 said:

Yes. I did include a screenshot inside the doc I shared along with the logs. 

Sorry but I currently have no way of opening a odt file.

I changed the ports from 27015 to 27016

Did you follow the procedure how to do that?

I also per your suggestion hard coded the 'serverfiles' path to disk 18

Can you maybe try to use the cache instead just for testing purposes?

awesome docker, thanks for your work!
but i do have an issue with the sons of the forest server, it runs awesome but from time to time it just crashes and restarts.

i do have autostart active so i guess the restart is happening because of that, but i cannot find the reason why it crashes.
it happens with 3 people but also with only 1 player.
the docker uses ~7GB of my 8GB ram, im not sure if this causes the issue as im new to unraid. any tips for me?

54 minutes ago, lyrics123 said:

but i do have an issue with the sons of the forest server, it runs awesome but from time to time it just crashes and restarts.

What do the logs say?

55 minutes ago, lyrics123 said:

the docker uses ~7GB of my 8GB ram, im not sure if this causes the issue as im new to unraid. any tips for me?

How much RAM have you installed in your server?

Did you do anything special in the container or better speaking in the Docker template? Did you limit the RAM?

On what hardware do you run the container?

Does it really crash or does it restart?

Do you have CA Backup installed?

Are the crashes random or do they happen always at barely the same time?

19 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What do the logs say?

How much RAM have you installed in your server?

Did you do anything special in the container or better speaking in the Docker template? Did you limit the RAM?

On what hardware do you run the container?

Does it really crash or does it restart?

Do you have CA Backup installed?

Are the crashes random or do they happen always at barely the same time?

i cannot find anything "interesting" in the logfiles sadly

my system has 8gb ram and it looks like as it gets maxed out by unraid and the forestserver-docker. might really be the ram.. but unraid itself does not crash/restart or something.

i did nothing special in the container, i just installed it, changed some basic settings in the config for the dedicated forest server and thats it.

im using a thinkcentre m73, pretty old mini-pc, cpu is a i5-4440 CPU which runs at ~10-25% when 3 people are connected to the forestserver. ram is as i said, maxed out if the forestserver is running (players on it, even at 1 player).

I dont know CA Backup, its a pretty fresh unraid install with only theforest-docker so far.

the crashes are random, reproducable with some time but not predictable.