[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

6 hours ago, tito07 said:

Follow up question, I am sure it has to do with my formatting....

Sorry but I think I can't help with that since this seems like a dedicated server issue and game related question.

Maybe the server is already cached on your local machine and it won't show the description because it's already cached (don't know if that makes sense)?

6 hours ago, tito07 said:

However, it doesnt seem to read what is in the ServerHostSettings file.

When the description shows up in game but not in the server list I really can't help...

Maybe it is like I've said that it is cached but that is just a wild guess.

8 hours ago, Nemz said:

The server is still in a bootloop.

What Unraid version are you running? What are the settings in the template?

Can you maybe try to delete the container, delete the vrising folder from your appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the CA App (changing nothing) and see if it is working?

I can't reproduce this over here, everything is working fine:

grafik.thumb.png.b8696a08bfa0baad01e92e5dc0c44938.png

Posted (edited)

Running Unraid 6.12.10

I finally fixed the issue but I still don't know what was causing it in the first place.

Steps I did:

- Deleted the faulty vrising docker

- Renamed up the appdata folder to keep my world saves and settings

- Downloaded a fresh copy of the docker like you suggested

- Started container once without any issue and then stopped it

- Imported my save files and settings backup (the whole save-data folder) into the new docker

- Started the container again

It seems to have solved the issue as I was able to start the server with my old save and log into my world. So it seems a save data corruption wasn't at fault here.

Thanks for your time :)

Edited by Nemz
  • Like 1

Your Ark Survival Ascended is having big issues after the update you added.

It stays in a boot loop.

I started to install the update on one server of the cluster. I got the infinite start loop. I removed the docker image. I reinstalled the new image.

I had it working saying that the server succesfully started, so I updated the other docker. At the 3rd docker, the issues happened again. And having the issue happening on it made the issue to happen on all the other dockers too.

It seems to have something wrong with your docker image of ASA.

17 hours ago, Nemz said:

Steps I did:

- Deleted the faulty vrising docker

- Renamed up the appdata folder to keep my world saves and settings

- Downloaded a fresh copy of the docker like you suggested

- Started container once without any issue and then stopped it

- Imported my save files and settings backup (the whole save-data folder) into the new docker

- Started the container again

I was having the same server bootloop issue yesterday and this is more or less what I ended up doing as well, just in case there were some lingering files that were conflicting with the update.

Worked like a charm and haven't had any issues since.

Thank you ich777 for the update

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Amachamax said:

after the update you added

The update did change nothing in terms of how the container works since it was only a packages and security update.

It stays in a boot loop.

Can you post some logs for further troubleshooting?

I started to install the update on one server of the cluster.

ASA is completely different from SurvivalEvolved sonce it is running though WINE.

I can imagine that if you run a cluster that it destroys the WINE directory when updating.

I would recommend doing this:

1. Stop all containers
  2. Go into the ARK directory for the container
  3. Delete the WINE folder
  4. Start the container

If the container is running try to start the next container and see if it is running and then containue starting one by one and see if everything stays running.

It seems to have something wrong with your docker image of ASA.

A fresh install is working because I‘ve just tested it.

2 hours ago, brain:proxy said:

I want to change the location of the backup for my Valheim server out of the default location. Best way?

Don't overthink it, since you are dealing with Docker it is as easy as creating another mount to another location on your Unraid server like:

grafik.png.099802dcbfb01ba36dc72b464e35fe54.png

Simply go to the Docker template, click "Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device" and set it up like in the screenshot above.

(keep in mind if you do that that the directory will be wiped once since it binds now to another directory, I would recommend that you backup your backup savegames first)

Hope that helps.

I've got an error with my V-Rising server, hopefully someone can help me out. The server appears to be running and is generating autosaves according to the logs but I'm unable to connect to it or even ping it. The error I'm seeing is "Curl error 7: getsockname() failed with errno 10022: Invalid arguments". I've got a couple of other game servers running but this one is the only one giving me trouble. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

vrising.png

8 hours ago, Scorchmuffins said:

but I'm unable to connect to it or even ping it.

Please share a bit more details, how do you try to connect? Have you changed any of the settings? Do you try to connect with your public IP or your local IP?

By default it doesn't advertise itself on the server list, you have to specifically enable that in the settings file.

20 minutes ago, Landermark said:

ich777 is it possible to make a dedicated server for unraid on a game called silica?

Maybe but unfortunately I don't accept any more requests for Docker container because I have about 180 applications in the CA App.

Sorry...

I see that some people have been having issues since the recent update. I too am having an issue with the Conan Exiles container. I'm getting the following error:

image.thumb.png.c31c954f51b1571365d06c5078cd1321.png

This just repeats indefinitely. Both my Conan Exiles containers are doing the same thing since the update. So I stopped the container, renamed the server data volume so the container starts as if it was new. It downloaded the game, but it never came online. I just continued to throw these same errors as it did before.

18 minutes ago, Earendur said:

Seems to be giving me the same error. Here's the docker log from the shutdown onward:dockerlog.txt

The log is useless in this case since this is only the debug logoutput from WINE, I will look into that but it will take some time.

What does the log from Conan itself say?

EDIT: @Earendur I have the same messages but no issue over here:

grafik.thumb.png.4f22e086aa190d545b6c685f03a03663.png

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

The log is useless in this case since this is only the debug logoutput from WINE, I will look into that but it will take some time.

What does the log from Conan say?

Interesting. The server does appear to be running now. I believe your suggestion to delete WINE64 did it, but the docker log shows all those errors still.

The Conan log appears to show the server is up an running and I can now see it is online and connect. I restored the original game data directory and deleted the WINE64 directory and both servers are now back and connectable again. 

As you suggested, seemed like an issue with WINE.

Worth noting that the docker logs used to show Conan server events and information, but now they do not and I can only find that info in the game server logs directly.

Thanks for your help!

5 minutes ago, Earendur said:

Interesting. The server does appear to be running now. I believe your suggestion to delete WINE64 did it, but the docker log shows all those errors still.

Again these are just the debug messages from WINE and nothing to worry about (btw, they where there before IIRC)

As you suggested, seemed like an issue with WINE.

Sort of, most of the times it is necessary to delete the WINE64 directory if a WINE update is made, and this is what I did this time.

I mean I can hide the debug log but if I do that you would get nothing at all in the logs.

Worth noting that the docker logs used to show Conan server events and information, but now they do not and I can only find that info in the game server logs directly.

I remember a user reported almost the same and this was caused by an update from Conan itself.

I'll maybe push an update and change which log will be displayed.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

@Earendur I've just pushed an update to the container and you should now only see the log from the container. Please update the container itself.

Looks good and is working great!

I could've sworn I was seeing server logs appear in the docker log. Admittedly I know very little about WINE and I don't know how an image can be configured to show certain logs in the container log, but I do think the WINE logs make it a bit confusing. Usefiul if there is a problem, but I think the server logs being shown is a better default as they are used more often than the WINE log.

Thanks again!

• Like 1
17 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please share a bit more details, how do you try to connect? Have you changed any of the settings? Do you try to connect with your public IP or your local IP?

By default it doesn't advertise itself on the server list, you have to specifically enable that in the settings file.

I wasn't able to connect using either my LAN or WAN ips, I tried adding the server through Steam as well as manually in game. The only settings I changed were the steamcmd and game file locations. I was confused because everything seemed to be working. I ended up removing the container and reinstalling, steam still doesn't see it when I try to add it via game servers, but I can manually connect from within the game now. I'll call that a win, I guess maybe something weird happened on the first install. 

Thank you for working on these containers and supporting them. 

• Like 1