[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Just like any game server,  I let it run for the first time for 10-15 minutes to generate the world and whatever else it needs to do,  stop the container to make the necessary changes,  then restart the container.  Validation is disabled although I did try running it to see if it would help. 

Edited by Reapergrrimm
Added comment
9 hours ago, Reapergrrimm said:

Validation is disabled although I did try running it to see if it would help. 

I just tried it and it is working as expected.

Did you make sure that the share where the game files are stays on the same disk as the path that you've specified in the container template?

48 minutes ago, pixeldome3d said:

Been having some errors with the ark survival evolved docker container. Any idea how to fix it?

It seems that the container fails to download the game server files, do you have any AdBlocking software or a custom DNS server set up?

14 hours ago, ich777 said:

I just tried it and it is working as expected.

Did you make sure that the share where the game files are stays on the same disk as the path that you've specified in the container template?

Thanks for leading me in the right direction.  I found out the files are being split between the cache and drive 3 drives which shouldn't happen. I have the share set for array only with mover disabled because my cache drive is currently on the frizz.  Either way, I was finding the engine.ini file in both locations so I imagine I was editing one while the game was pulling the info from the other

1 minute ago, Reapergrrimm said:

Thanks for leading me in the right direction.  I found out the files are being split between the cache and drive 3 drives which shouldn't happen.

That's what I thought two post before... ;)

1 minute ago, Reapergrrimm said:

Either way, I was finding the engine.ini file in both locations so I imagine I was editing one while the game was pulling the info from the other

You can also set the path to /mnt/user/... instead of /mnt/cache/... in the template but my recommendation would be to set it always to the real file path instead of /mnt/user/... at least for game servers (some won't even run if you use /mnt/user/...)

On 7/20/2023 at 2:20 PM, ich777 said:

Thank you for the report.

Please update the container itself by clicking "force update" (with the Advanced View enabled in the top right corner, don't forget it to disable it again after updating it), the container is now fixed and is working again. :)

That solution fixed it for a bit. Dayz updated to 1.22 and it has thrown something off again. Whenever I try to join the server, the docker crashes. Any suggestions? TYIA

On 7/30/2023 at 7:19 AM, ich777 said:

Where is the logfile, with which line did it crash?

Ill attach the log files below.

[CE][Hive] :: Initializing of spawners done.
 8:36:45 [CE][Hive] :: Init sequence finished.
 8:36:45 Player connect enabled
 8:36:45 Mission read.
 8:36:45 Connected to Steam
 8:36:45 Steam policy response
 8:36:46 [IdleMode] Entering IN - save processed
 8:38:13 [Login]: Adding player Survivor (184963052) to login queue at position 0
 8:38:13 [LoginMachine]: Add player Survivor (184963052)
 8:38:13 [StateMachine]: Player Survivor (dpnid 184963052 uid ) Entering AuthPlayerLoginState
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1689642531
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
OK

5 minutes ago, JamesJB said:

How do I update the server?

Please read the description from the container.

5 minutes ago, JamesJB said:

My problem it keeps saying Invalid server version when i find it on the Convoy server list :(

This is most likely caused because the developers haven't update the dedciated server yet if there was a recent released update.

Are you sure that your game on your local PC is up to date? If you just installed the container it will always pull the latest version from Steam Pipe.

Do you have any AdBlocking or special DNS servers in place which are maybe preventing it from pulling the latest version?

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please read the description from the container.

This is most likely caused because the developers haven't update the dedciated server yet if there was a recent released update.

Are you sure that your game on your local PC is up to date? If you just installed the container it will always pull the latest version from Steam Pipe.

Do you have any AdBlocking or special DNS servers in place which are maybe preventing it from pulling the latest version?

I read the description of the container it was no help :(

Nothing blocked.

Yes the game on this machine i'm typing from is the current version,Unraid and docker is on my server a room away.  All ports are open.

Edited by JamesJB
59 minutes ago, JamesJB said:

Yes the game on this machine i'm typing from is the current version,Unraid and docker is on my server a room away.  All ports are open.

I would strongly report that on the ATS Forums since it seems that all servers except for a few are outdated, simply look at the server list.

My assumption is that the few ones which are working are actually Windows and not Linux servers.

2 hours ago, canned-biopsy1840 said:

Hey, i have a wish. Can someone release a FTBInfinityEvolvedSkyblock Server App please? Love that Modpack and i wanne play it with my friends.

I think this would be better suited in the support thread from the maintainer who is releasing the Minecraft modpack containers and not here in my support thread.

However you should be able to set up nearly every modded Minecraft server with my MinecraftBasicServer but I can‘t help how since I‘m not familiar with Forge…

I feel like I must be missing something really basic here, but I'm trying to get the 7DaysToDie server running. It starts, everything is great, but if I edit serverconfig.xml and the restart the docker container then the file gets overwritten back to the generic default.

Am I not supposed to be editing the serverconfig.xml directly? Do I need to mark it read-only after making changes?

I just know I'm missing something obvious.

2 hours ago, Aractor said:

It starts, everything is great, but if I edit serverconfig.xml and the restart the docker container then the file gets overwritten back to the generic default.

Did you stop the container in the first place before editing the config file?

Or do you have enabled validate installation, if yes disable it, the validation will always overwrite the file named serverconfig.xml <- validation is only meant if you have issues and the container won't pull the update.

I would also recommend that you copy the default serverconfig.xml and rename it to something different and then specify the name in the template like that:
grafik.thumb.png.10ea88cb577887d7106fad55e141fd4f.png

EDIT: Please also consider joining @Spectral Force's Discord since he helps me out with 7DtD support because I'm not that familiar with that game: https://discord.gg/VwwYA5h

• Thanks 1