[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

51 minutes ago, Sforget said:

uNmINeD-GUI - unable to download latest version on new install.

I have to look into this, is this the first installation or was it already running before?

EDIT: Please do a force update from the container itself and see if it is working afterwards.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

I have to look into this, is this the first installation or was it already running before?

EDIT: Please do a force update from the container itself and see if it is working afterwards.

First install. 

Force Update seems to have fixed it. Thank You

6 hours ago, ich777 said:

only allowed only access from localhost and not from foreign IP addresses in your MariaDB.

is there a way to make that work. I don't quite understand what you asked at the start. But I know that the problem has to do with what I quoted. How exactly do I make MariaDB allow access from a foreign IP addresses.

On 2/21/2021 at 11:02 PM, MX-Hero said:

Hi all

i setup a ARK Server and everything works fine. But i can´t get the mods to work. I download the mods via my Steam Workshop - Run Ark to let them install. Then copy the mod folders and the mod files to "unraid Server\appdata\ark-se\ShooterGame\Content\Mods" - After this i add "?ActiveMods=731604991" at the Game Parameter field in the Container config. 

But no mods are still there after a server restart. 

Have i forget somethng?

Did you get this working? Can you advise how?

On 12/22/2022 at 10:25 AM, ich777 said:

This is not my goal to run it with staging, btw it is also running with the stable WINE version now but the script that is available online and I'm using in my testing now looks a lot different.

Even the semi "official" one won't run correctly since they have a lot to fix from what I saw on their Discord server and I will wait until they get it a bit more stable.

This is one of the reasons why I didn't release it, the release you where dealing with is really a early one and as said above I won't release it until it gets a lot stabler than what is available currently.

You will also experience random crashes from the container in it's current form and even with the staging WINE build.

EDIT: Simply forgot it to delete which it is now.

Any update on Icarus, they've done a lot of performance work recently and it seems much more stable. Had a G-Portal server running for a while without issues, but would much rather avoid the cost! Thanks!

13 minutes ago, iveoles said:

Any update on Icarus, they've done a lot of performance work recently and it seems much more stable. Had a G-Portal server running for a while without issues, but would much rather avoid the cost! Thanks!

I will look into it this weekend, sorry but I‘m really busy currently in real life.

Any reason why minecraft bedrock isn't up dating to the latest version,  current version server on their website is 1.20.11.01.  Is there anyway to force an update.  Docker game version is set to latest. I have also restarted the unraid docker a few of times to see if it will update but hasn't yet.

2 hours ago, kaoshunter said:

Any reason why minecraft bedrock isn't up dating to the latest version,  current version server on their website is 1.20.11.01.  Is there anyway to force an update.  Docker game version is set to latest. I have also restarted the unraid docker a few of times to see if it will update but hasn't yet.

Please restart the container once more.

This was completely my fault... Sorry.

Hello!

I am currently trying to spin up a Dayz Server Docker using your Dayz template and so far everything has gone well. I have been able to get the server up and running and even see it in the server browser as well as join it for a brief period. 

The only issue I am currently having is that the Dayz Docker container does not stay running it. It seems to restart itself every 20 seconds or so. The logs do not display any error messages but I will attach a quick portion of it restarting below. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for the hard work Ich777!

20:09   Primary Spawner: "Vehicle", active: yes, repeat: 1
10:20:09 [CE][Hive] :: Initializing of spawners done.
10:20:09 [CE][Hive] :: Init sequence finished.
10:20:09 Player connect enabled
10:20:09 Mission read.
10:20:09 Connected to Steam
10:20:09 Steam policy response
10:20:10 [IdleMode] Entering IN - save processed
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1689642531
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1689642531
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
OK

59 minutes ago, Outlaw29 said:

The only issue I am currently having is that the Dayz Docker container does not stay running it. It seems to restart itself every 20 seconds or so.

Thank you for the report.

Please update the container itself by clicking "force update" (with the Advanced View enabled in the top right corner, don't forget it to disable it again after updating it), the container is now fixed and is working again. :)

On 7/7/2023 at 11:58 AM, ich777 said:

@Lucas Mietke did your problem solve by itself? They changed the download URL again, if this is not an easy fix I will deprecate the Terraria Mobile container.

I can tell you that with terrariamobile I can't use 1.4.4.9 as the variable in the template.

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Version Check---
---Newer version found, installing!---
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------Can't download Terraria Mobile, putting server into sleep mode--------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I'm alittle stuck here with ***Sons of the Forest***. The docker was working fire before i installed a new firewall and now the docker gives the following.

#DSE [Self-Tests] [Networking] UDP GamePort [8768] is closed. Please fix and restart.
#DSE [Self-Tests] [Networking] UDP QueryPort [27080] is closed. Please fix and restart.
#DSE [Self-Tests] [Networking] UDP BlobSyncPort [9701] is closed. Please fix and restart.
#DSE [Self-Tests] [Networking] Some ports are closed or already in use and the game server will not be accessible. You may need to setup port forwarding and open them in your firewall, or change port numbers if they are used by some other software. Alternatively, consider using the LanOnly configuration if you didn't intend to make your server public. Please fix and restart.
#DSE [Self-Tests] Please restart the server.

I know the ports are open and forwarded right. I just can't seem to pin it down. 

1 hour ago, drwtrippy said:

#DSE [Self-Tests] [Networking] UDP GamePort [8768] is closed. Please fix and restart.
#DSE [Self-Tests] [Networking] UDP QueryPort [27080] is closed. Please fix and restart.
#DSE [Self-Tests] [Networking] UDP BlobSyncPort [9701] is closed. Please fix and restart.

Then the ports to the outside world are definitely closed or something else is going on.

Did you also change the ports in the template or read the description from the ports at the template?

If you change the ports in the config you also have to delete the existing ports in the template and create new ones with the Host and container port set to the same as in your config, of course in this case with UDP.

7 hours ago, pinion said:

I can tell you that with terrariamobile I can't use 1.4.4.9 as the variable in the template.

Thank you for the report, I will deprecate this Docker container because they are constantly changing the download link from the dedicated server executable and I'm really tiered of changing it around every half year.

Sorry for not having better news for you.

Hey @ich777, first of all - thanks for this amazing job you do with all you'r dockers. I have been running many of you'r dockers through the year.

But, unlike the other dockers - Sons of the forest gives me a little bit of a headache.

All ports are open, but when i start the game, i get TONS of errors. I have read in this thread that you should ignore the "Yellow WINE errors bc "They will always be there", but i am getting alot of crazy errors, i will post some of them down below.
And since you can't connect to the server with the ip adress, i don't really know if it's just me not finding the server in SONS or if the server isn't started...

Hopefully, you will see something in the logs.

Let me know if there is anything more you need.

Thanks!

(Since the log was to long, i posted some of it on pastebin)

https://pastebin.com/zHRdWATf

Edited by DjJoakim
1 hour ago, DjJoakim said:

Let me know if there is anything more you need.

Everything seems correct, where do you have a issue?

Is this an old instance from the container or did you just install it?

How much RAM and CPU does the container use?

You can ignore for example the GPU and shader errors because a dedicated server has no GPU or doesn't need any shaders to work.

I just tried it on my server, I've attached the log from a completely fresh install which is working perfectly fine, at the bottom you see this message:

#DSL Dedicated server loaded.

Here is my log: sotf.log

grafik.thumb.png.15f8f96d09f73da127413a813c22e43f.png

I can also connect to it just fine:
grafik.thumb.png.007540a4330520939befdea7cc186619.png

So it looks to me that you server is also just working fine and you should be able to connect to it.

37 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Everything seems correct, where do you have a issue?

Is this an old instance from the container or did you just install it?

How much RAM and CPU does the container use?

You can ignore for example the GPU and shader errors because a dedicated server has no GPU or doesn't need any shaders to work.

I just tried it on my server, I've attached the log from a completely fresh install which is working perfectly fine, at the bottom you see this message:

#DSL Dedicated server loaded.

Here is my log: sotf.log

grafik.thumb.png.15f8f96d09f73da127413a813c22e43f.png

I can also connect to it just fine:
grafik.thumb.png.007540a4330520939befdea7cc186619.png

So it looks to me that you server is also just working fine and you should be able to connect to it.

Thank you for the fast reply!

Yeah i figured i could ignore all the errors, but it still got me wondering if it had something to do with why it didn't run..
Comparing the logs, it seems like it's pretty much the same..

I have tried with this for some week now, but this is a fresh install from today.

when the server is in idle, the docker uses 6 GB of ram.

This is the last line in the log, and it's pretty much the same for you before you connected, i guess.

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Sons/Trees/LeavesOptimized' - All subshaders removed
WARNING: Shader Did you use #pragma only_renderers and omit this platform?
WARNING: Shader If subshaders removal was intentional, you may have forgotten turning Fallback off?
ERROR: Shader Sons/Trees/LeavesOptimized shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Sons/Trees/LeavesOptimized' - All subshaders removed
WARNING: Shader If subshaders removal was intentional, you may have forgotten turning Fallback off?
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Sons/Gui/Unlit/PickupIconGraph' - All subshaders removed
ERROR: Shader Sons/Gui/Unlit/PickupIconGraph shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Sons/Gui/Unlit/PickupIconGraph' - All subshaders removed

Well, i guess there is just something with the network that makes me for some reason unable to see the server, i know i had this problem with Valheim before - and the only solution was to connect to it through my LAN adress, but the SONS server dosen't show up under LAN... :( Why didn't they make a console and create so you could force connect through an IP..

Well, i guess there is nothing wrong with the server and docker, so thanks anyways for you'r help - and as i said before, for the amazing work you put on this!

I will be scratching my head trying to figure my network out and see if i can find a solution.

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, DjJoakim said:

when the server is in idle, the docker uses 6 GB of ram.

This seems about right.

10 minutes ago, DjJoakim said:

I will be scratching my head trying to figure my network out and see if i can find a solution.

If you changed nothing and just let the container just start it is somewhere on the list because this dedicated server will actually stop when there is something wrong with the network configuration and the dedicated server won't even start.

My server shows always up on top of the list in game.

I guess maybe there is something else preventing you from finding the server on the server list.

19 hours ago, ich777 said:

Then the ports to the outside world are definitely closed or something else is going on.

Did you also change the ports in the template or read the description from the ports at the template?

If you change the ports in the config you also have to delete the existing ports in the template and create new ones with the Host and container port set to the same as in your config, of course in this case with UDP.

Yes I did change all appropriate ports within the container. As I said, it was working fine before I replaced the firewall. Just upgraded to a beefier pfsense firewall. nothing else has changed. just not sure why it's not passing. Even locally it isn't accessible. Was hoping maybe someone might have an idea or two i can explore. ***EDIT*** So I sorted it out. Turns out to be an issue with the port checker. I added the following line to the *dedicatedserver.cfg* - "SkipNetworkAccessibilityTest": true This resolved the issue. It's clearly a NAT issue at this point. Other users have reported switching to PURE NAT on their router also resolves it (I haven't personally tested this). Hope this helps someone in the future.

Edited by drwtrippy

I've been scratching my head at this for the past week and hope that someone can help figure out what's going on because i'm at a dead end on my attempts to research and fix myself. Up until now i've had no issues deploying Conan Exiles containers but this time i just can't get it to work. Everything seems to start up ok (i can't remember if the errors in the log are normal or not) but even after several attempts to change the server name, password and port, the server shows up with the default credentials still or not at all. going back into engine.ini file confirms nothing was reset back to default and i tried adding the same information into the serverconfig.ini file and the same thing occurs.

Untitled.jpg

ConanSandbox.log

1 hour ago, Reapergrrimm said:

Everything seems to start up ok (i can't remember if the errors in the log are normal or not) but even after several attempts to change the server name, password and port, the server shows up with the default credentials still or not at all.

The errors/warnings in the template are normal because these are mostly caused by WINE.

1 hour ago, Reapergrrimm said:

going back into engine.ini file confirms nothing was reset back to default and i tried adding the same information into the serverconfig.ini file and the same thing occurs.

Are you sure that you first stopped the container -> edited the files -> start the container again.

Is validation disabled?

Is the path that you've set for the game files itself set so that it says on this disk?

On 7/26/2023 at 3:13 AM, drwtrippy said:

Other users have reported switching to PURE NAT on their router also resolves it (I haven't personally tested this). Hope this helps someone in the future.

What Firewall do you own.

I have no issue using it with OPNsense, just tried it with 2 friends on my server and everything is working as expected.