[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please give me the command that you try to run with steamcmd from the tutorial above and I can give you where to put what.

I would also ask the developers why the Linux dedicated server version does not match the game version... :D

I don't know what command to put, I just want the docker to download the official version instead of the experimental one. the version that the server would have to download is 1.21

2 minutes ago, Garikoitz said:

I don't know what command to put, I just want the docker to download the official version instead of the experimental one. the version that the server would have to download is 1.21

Oh now I get it, there is no stable version for Linux out there, you have to use the Experimental version.

You even posted a screenshot, look how the App is named:

1 hour ago, Garikoitz said:

branch.jpg

There where a App ID 1042422 out there IIRC which was only for Linux back then when they created the dedicated server for Linux.

Only Experimental is available for Linux, you can set up a VM and run DayZ in there if you want the latest stable <- don't ask my why that is, this is a thing you have to ask the developers.

The stable version from the dedicated server doesn't support Linux as you can see here (and no it won't work if you use this App ID):

grafik.png.3409a19472b06e095574d2a66eac91dc.png

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Oh, ahora lo entiendo, no existe una versión estable para Linux, tienes que usar la versión Experimental.

Incluso publicaste una captura de pantalla, mira cómo se llama la aplicación:

Había un ID de aplicación 1042422 por ahí IIRC que era solo para Linux en ese entonces cuando crearon el servidor dedicado para Linux.

Solo Experimental está disponible para Linux, puede configurar una VM y ejecutar DayZ allí si desea la última versión estable <- no me pregunte por qué, esto es algo que debe preguntar a los desarrolladores.

La versión estable del servidor dedicado no es compatible con Linux, como puede ver aquí (y no, no funcionará si usa esta ID de aplicación):

gráfico.png.3409a19472b06e095574d2a66eac91dc.png

So why did the other guy have the version that I needed?

There seems to be some issue with the newest Valheim update pushed out and the container.  Restarted container to manually pull down the newest Valheim patch.

Now getting an error message:

Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Then, following that:

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '896660' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Update check deprecated!---
---Start Server---

However it just hangs there.  The server never actually starts - I can not connect to it.

I've restarted the docker a few times.  Same error message(s) over and over.

41 minutes ago, CoZ said:

Now getting an error message:

This is not an error and if you would have looked more often in your logs you would have noticed that this message is in the log for about two months and has updated the container I think about two times (with that message in the log). :)

44 minutes ago, CoZ said:

However it just hangs there.  The server never actually starts - I can not connect to it.

I have now tried it and I can connect fine to the new version.

Are you sure that it doesn't show up in the steam server browser? How much resources does the container use?

If it looks like this it is running and waiting for connections:

grafik.thumb.png.843d68987964c7163f0889a797d63cb1.png

Here is also a screenshot:
grafik.thumb.png.ce70665717abb245ef1c2178b1e31f61.png

Your sarcasm was quicker than my ability to reply.  ;)

Restarted a few times and it finally "kicked in"(?)  Not sure what the hangup was.

I only look at the logs when something isn't working.  Your container has been rock solid for months so there wasn't a need to go looking.

• Haha 1

@ich777 We're running ValheimPlus with your container but it looks like, based on Releases · Grantapher/ValheimPlus (github.com), only the alpha version of ValheimPlus works with the latest release of Valheim.  I looked but I didn't see an obvious way to have the container install a different version/branch of ValheimPlus and it's just installing the stable version.  Is there some config I can update to have it install the alpha version?

Thanks!

-------------------------------------------
Using following repository for ValheimPlus:

Orga./User: Grantapher
Repository: ValheimPlus
-------------------------------------------

---ValheimPlus Version Check---
---ValheimPlus v0.9.9.16 up-to-date---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Update check deprecated!---
---Start Server---
---with Valheim Plus---

Edited by DieselDrax
17 minutes ago, DieselDrax said:

I looked but I didn't see an obvious way to have the container install a different version/branch of ValheimPlus and it's just installing the stable version.

No, however you can stop the container, download the alpha version, extract the contents into the server directory by overwriting the old files and then start the container again, please note that you should back up your configuration for ValheimPlus first before doing that.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, ich777 said:

No, however you can stop the container, download the alpha version, extract the contents into the server directory by overwriting the old files and then start the container again, please note that you should back up your configuration for ValheimPlus first before doing that.

Perfect, this worked like a charm.  I was worried that upon restart of the container it would overwrite ValheimPlus due to a version mismatch.  Thanks!

• Like 1

I keep restarting the Valheim docker and it's still keeping me on the old version. Sorry if I missed it, but is there a way to force an update?

firefox_1R4uJWElWy.png

I do have VALIDATE=true set in my envs

FIXED: I just pulled another copy from CA, set the same settings, and copied over the .config and Backups folder. New one seems to be working fine.

Edited by PixelDJ
fix
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, DieselDrax said:

I was worried that upon restart of the container it would overwrite ValheimPlus due to a version mismatch.

No worries about that, I write a physical file which keeps track of the version because there is no easy way to keep track else.

6 hours ago, PixelDJ said:

I do have VALIDATE=true set in my envs

I see this from time to time but I really can't tell why this is happening, I can't reproduce this over here.

As you've already discovered a reinstall most of the times fixes this (of course back up your saves in the first place).

On 8/21/2023 at 2:50 PM, ich777 said:

I don't know. I assume that this version was someday experimental and became stable and now he can‘t update because of some reason.

What did you do @d_buster? Have you yet tried my fix from above?

(I'm running 'experimental client' version of the game, not the regular version. The regular client version has never worked for me, always getting the error of 'Steam authentication failed. Ticket is not for this game', so I stuck with the experimental client which has worked up until this latest server update on Steam)

I just had a change to try adding 'true' to the VALIDATE field, restarted server and nothing, same error for old version. Here are my current container settings:

dayz server settings.PNG

39 minutes ago, d_buster said:

I just had a change to try adding 'true' to the VALIDATE field, restarted server and nothing, same error for old version.

Have you yet tried to set up a second instance and see if the second instances is working as described above?

50 minutes ago, Fitschi said:

could you please help me?

Sorry but I cannot reproduce this on my end.

On what Unraid version are you?

Does it not work since the update correct? Can you try to set up a second instance on your server and see if it's the same?

Have you yet tried to force a update by setting validation to true (please don't forget to disable it again after it pulled the update)?

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Sorry but I cannot reproduce this on my end.

On what Unraid version are you?

Does it not work since the update correct? Can you try to set up a second instance on your server and see if it's the same?

Have you yet tried to force a update by setting validation to true (please don't forget to disable it again after it pulled the update)?

Unraid 6.12.3

it dont work after the game update today

iI've tried several times to reinstall Docker, but without success