[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

1 hour ago, Vulkandr said:

appdata/palworld/Pal/Saved/Config/LinuxServer/PalWorldSettings.ini

Did you stop the server, then edit the config and then start the container again. If you simply restart the container the settings will be discarded.

1 hour ago, Vulkandr said:

trying to use the the web page version from itzg i just fill out the proper fields with the rcon port and such, but it never shows online.

Sorry I can't help with that since I don't know that.

Maybe ask in his support thread/GitHub.

6 hours ago, ich777 said:

Did you stop the server, then edit the config and then start the container again. If you simply restart the container the settings will be discarded.

Yes, the server has been completely offline many times for several hours, none of the config file changes seem to affect the server, they do stay saved in the file though, so they are not being overwritten. I tried changing server name, password, game settings, all stay at default in the server itself. i tried also changing the default settings ini with no luck.  

19 minutes ago, Spectral Force said:

If the game has updated just restart the container, it will update the files on restart.

You sir... are a god... did not even know that...
last update the container said there was an update...

back in action! thanks for the response & Thanks for all that you do @ich777!

• Like 1
13 hours ago, kezzkezzkezz said:

Can you please make a Dedicated server for Sunkenland https://www.sunkenlandgame.com/post/dedicated-server-user-manual

I took a stab at it and got it working: https://github.com/jcoker85/UnraidGameServers/tree/sunkenland

All you should need to do is add the template XML manually in your dockerMan/templates-user folder (I just use the CLI and create a file with nano and then copy the contents in there), use the Add Container button in the Docker section, and select the Sunkenland template. If you have any issues just log them on Github.

Maybe they made some sort of polling API relay to do server-client communication because it works without forwarding a port, but I did notice if I forwarded 27015 I got a lot less latency with my computer locally connected to my network. When isolating it using my cellular hotspot, I didn't notice any difference though. I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes and they didn't publish any port settings (plus I ain't no network engineer), but hopefully they will publish some additional documentation as time goes on. 

@ich777 Hope you don't mind me posting this here, and thanks again for all your stuff! 

• Like 1
On 1/14/2024 at 4:51 AM, ich777 said:

Why not also included that in the post from your screenshot? :D

That would make my and your life easier. ;)

Then the answer is simple, just change the path to the gamefiles to /mnt/user/... instead of like it is now /mnt/cache/...

The main issue is now that in the template /mnt/cache/... is specified and the mover have probably moved the settings file over to /mnt/user/... (so to speak the Array) and now you have two copies of the configuration (and probably other files) one on the Array and one on the Cache.

The container thinks that the files are located on /mnt/cache/... where it can't find the files so it creates new ones and you are editing the file on /mnt/user/... where the changes won't do anything because the files is read from /mnt/cache/...

I would recommend that stop the container, then you move the files over to the Array with Unbalanced from the CA App first and then make the change from the path and finally start the container again.

That was exactly the issue, thank you for all the work you do.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Vulkandr said:

Yes, the server has been completely offline many times for several hours, none of the config file changes seem to affect the server, they do stay saved in the file though, so they are not being overwritten. I tried changing server name, password, game settings, all stay at default in the server itself. i tried also changing the default settings ini with no luck.  

For some unknown reason, I had the same issue changing the setting but it restored to the default. What I do is download it and delete the original .ini, then upload again with the updated .ini, it worked with me.

On 2/1/2024 at 11:08 PM, IMI4tth3w said:

tried just about everything i can think of to get palworld server to work. can connect just fine locally but no chance over the internet (just says connection timed out). all ports are forwarded same as other game servers i've set up. only thing i've changed to the docker config is the rcon port (25575 is used by minecraft) and the folders for steamcmd and server files (to an ssd i have mounted using unassigned devices at /mnt/disks/.) 

port 8211 is port forwarded UDP in my pfsense router. google fiber doesn't block ports. i do have a domain setup but testing using public ip just to rule that out with no change. domain also pings to my public ip anyways.

anyone have any ideas here?image.thumb.png.efc1c98c571ce32dd8aa4cd9f804354a.png

image.thumb.png.8a3f7bb483d50741d89ad6b4a1dee1d1.png

image.thumb.png.84af88887b1c805397f6ac11842ffb46.png

In some cases, some isp using private IP instead of public IP, therefore the IP is not able to forward as usual. This is what I could figure about.

5 hours ago, Tzekang said:

For some unknown reason, I had the same issue changing the setting but it restored to the default.

Did you first stop the container, then edit the ini file and then start the container again? If you simply edit the ini and then restart the container your changes will be discarded.

5 hours ago, Tzekang said:

In some cases, some isp using private IP instead of public IP, therefore the IP is not able to forward as usual.

This is CG-NAT (Carrier Grade Network Address Translation).

Looking for some help on the Public IP side.  I have the 8211 port forwarded to the machine running the server. I have verified the IP in the ini and logs and its correct, but it times out. Ive read about removing the password, but i dont trust that necessarily?? Im NOT a pro and im just trying to set this up so my sons can play with their sister.  I have redacted my public IP and steam user name.  Im not sure if releasing them is a security issue so im just being safe.  If not a big deal then let me know, cause i just dont know. The Public IP is correct on the log. 

Session terminated, killing shell... ...killed.
OK
Logging in user '*redacted*' to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
---Validating installation---
tid(44) burning pthread_key_t == 0 so we never use it
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Logging directory: '/serverdata/Steam/logs'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1705108307
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
OK
 Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 0.09 (2097152 / 2260207317)
 Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 12.19 (275434068 / 2260207317)
 Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 28.92 (653574317 / 2260207317)
 Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 47.82 (1080720794 / 2260207317)
 Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 65.63 (1483377547 / 2260207317)
 Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 83.54 (1888290214 / 2260207317)
 Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 99.57 (2250410517 / 2260207317)
Success! App '2394010' fully installed.
---Checking if configuration is in place---
---Configuration found, continuing...---
---Checking if PublicIP is in place---
---Nothing to do, PublicIP: *redacted*still up-to-date!---
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Start Server---
FUnixPlatformMisc::RequestExitWithStatus
FUnixPlatformMisc::RequestExit
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
tid(21) burning pthread_key_t == 0 so we never use it
Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
OK
---Update Server---
---Validating installation---
OK
Logging in user 'liverebel5197' to Steam Public...OK
 Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 0.05 (1048576 / 2260207317)
 Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 15.48 (349882964 / 2260207317)
 Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 31.59 (713896497 / 2260207317)
 Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 49.49 (1118513639 / 2260207317)
 Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 67.34 (1522107921 / 2260207317)
 Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 85.47 (1931909364 / 2260207317)
Success! App '2394010' fully installed.
---Nothing to do, PublicIP: *Redacted*still up-to-date!---
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---

udp.JPG

21 minutes ago, liverebel said:

Logging in user 'liverebel5197' to Steam

Please don‘t provide Steam credentials in the template if they are hidden away and only add them if they are marked as required with the red astersisk.

Start over again, delete the container, delete the folder for Palworld that lives ins your appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the CA App without entering your Steam credentials.

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please don‘t provide Steam credentials in the template if they are hidden away and only add them if they are marked as required with the red astersisk.

Start over again, delete the container, delete the folder for Palworld that lives ins your appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the CA App without entering your Steam credentials.

ok Ive done this. Should I be able to connect to it via my public IP while on my local network or will someone outside of my local network have to test it?  Also I really appreciate you. Im NOT a know-it-all and appreciate any help you can give me!!

text  error  warn  system  array  login  

Session terminated, killing shell...kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] pid | jobspec ... or kill -l [sigspec]
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
tid(33) burning pthread_key_t == 0 so we never use it
OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for user info...---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Looks like steam didn't shutdown cleanly, scheduling immediate update check
OK

---Update Server---
tid(45) burning pthread_key_t == 0 so we never use it
OK

Success! App '2394010' already up to date.
---Nothing to do, PublicIP: *Redacted*still up-to-date!---
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---

17 minutes ago, liverebel said:

ok Ive done this. Should I be able to connect to it via my public IP while on my local network or will someone outside of my local network have to test it?

Depends if Hair Pin NAT is working correctly on your setup.

Have you yet tried it with: UNRAIDIP:PORT from what I see in your screenshot it should be: 192.168.0.74:8211

If it is working with your LAN IP then other should be able to connect from outside too if the port forwarding is setup correct (which it seems like) and that only means that Hair Pin NAT (also known as NAT Reflection) is not working properly but that shouldn't matter as long as you connect with your LAN IP from your LAN and others with your Public IP or your domain name (if you have set up a domain name for your Public IP, if yes then it would be as simply to connect as typing in: yourdomain.org:8211).

Hello!

I successfully set up the palworld server and merged my previous server and users over no problems. However, my friends are noticing the server is restarting/crashing like once per hour and the logs/uptime seems to back this up where the uptime is usually only around 40mins rather than the few days now that its been left on. Log below:

text  error  warn  system  array  login  

[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 4 milliseconds to initialize
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 2394010
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamUser021 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamFriends017 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface STEAMAPPS_INTERFACE_VERSION008 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils004 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 120:    66 Killed                  ${SERVER_DIR}/Pal/Binaries/Linux/PalServer-Linux-Test Pal -nocore ${GAME_PARAMS} ${GAME_PARAMS_EXTRA}
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 3 milliseconds to initialize
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 2394010
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamUser021 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamFriends017 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface STEAMAPPS_INTERFACE_VERSION008 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils004 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
OK

---Update Server---
OK

---PublicIP in PalWorldSettings.ini found: 162.156.12.112
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
OK

---Update Server---
OK

---PublicIP in PalWorldSettings.ini found: 162.156.12.112
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---

Is this a the app issue or an issue on my end? Thanks for your work and help!

15 minutes ago, ogsirbe said:

If I want to back up my World Save File (not server settings file), which folder would I back up?

Please also read this post:

15 minutes ago, ogsirbe said:

/mnt/cache/appdata/palworld/pal/saved/savegames/0

The whole folder?

Yes.

• Like 1