[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

33 minutes ago, Kazak-PG said:

So i removed the force install bit and it seemed like it was downloading something, but then after doing the success part it put Error! Failed to start downloading item 0.

So that it looks like this:

${STEAMCMD_DIR}/steamcmd.sh +login ${USERNAME} ${PASSWRD} +force_install_dir ${SERVER_DIR} +app_update 107410 +workshop_download_item 1832638103 validate +quit

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

So that it looks like this:

${STEAMCMD_DIR}/steamcmd.sh +login ${USERNAME} ${PASSWRD} +force_install_dir ${SERVER_DIR} +app_update 107410 +workshop_download_item 1832638103 validate +quit

steam@29e84f06b83a:/$ ${STEAMCMD_DIR}/steamcmd.sh +login ${USERNAME} ${PASSWRD} +force_install_dir ${SERVER_DIR} +app_update 107410 +workshop_download_item 1832638103 validate +quit
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
/tmp/dumps is not owned by us - delete and recreate
Unable to delete /tmp/dumps. Continuing anyway.
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1654574676
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK
Logging in user 'plutonic_gaming' to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Please use force_install_dir before logon!
ERROR! Failed to install app '107410' (No subscription)

So it still comes up with the please use force_install_dir before logon, and now fails to install that app due to no subscription? 

2 minutes ago, Kazak-PG said:

So it still comes up with the please use force_install_dir before logon, and now fails to install that app due to no subscription?

Yes, this is one of the downsides because I think you have to actually use the APP ID from ArmA3 if you want to install Workshop content and it also needs a valid account supplied with Steam Guard disabled and the game in the account.

At least this is how I think it will work.

I'm really not to sure about the mods...

26 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yes, this is one of the downsides because I think you have to actually use the APP ID from ArmA3 if you want to install Workshop content and it also needs a valid account supplied with Steam Guard disabled and the game in the account.

At least this is how I think it will work.

I'm really not to sure about the mods...

ah bugger, thats a shame

On 6/4/2022 at 11:44 AM, ich777 said:

Yes, I think so...

Also the tmodloader branch is still in place, but I've decided to deprecate it now because this is the third time the developers changed something and the container ultimately breaks.

Is this officially deprecated? I understand there's some difficulty because of the tmod devs changing things. Will there be any way to run tmodloader or not anymore?

Thanks Ich :)

Thanks to all! I did it. Created all ARK Maps as Docker (12 Servers + the ARK Managed Server) with MODs on all Servers.

Is there also a way to send some Dockers to sleep / or Stop them if they are not in use? And If someone wants to Connect to it start it or maybe have a Webpage with a start button to start the server to use it ?

5 hours ago, Kazak-PG said:

ah bugger, thats a shame

I‘m not entirely sure about that but I think that‘s how mods work for ArmA3….

Please maybe search on Google or your prefered search engine for „Arma3 install workshop content on dedicated linux server“.

As said, I‘m not really into modding… :/

3 hours ago, Simmer said:

Is this officially deprecated?

From my side currently yes.

3 hours ago, Simmer said:

Will there be any way to run tmodloader or not anymore?

There is for sure a way to run it but I hope you underatand that I really don‘t want to look into this anymore because this mod gave me so much trouble in the past.

Maybe when the „final“ version from Terraria is released I will look into it again and update the container to be in a working state.

1 hour ago, UNRA1DUser said:

Thanks to all! I did it. Created all ARK Maps as Docker (12 Servers + the ARK Managed Server) with MODs on all Servers.

Glad to hear that you‘ve wot everything running. :)

1 hour ago, UNRA1DUser said:

Is there also a way to send some Dockers to sleep / or Stop them if they are not in use?

You can do that on a schedule with the User Scripts plugin for example. I think there is even a plugin in the CA App that gives the ability to start and stop Docker containers on Unraid from a dedicated webinterface if I‘m not mistaken, otherwise I don‘t know a differnt way.

54 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I‘m not entirely sure about that but I think that‘s how mods work for ArmA3….

Please maybe search on Google or your prefered search engine for „Arma3 install workshop content on dedicated linux server“.

As said, I‘m not really into modding… :/

OKAY so after many hours of working on this, i got it working :)

At least on a linux server. But it should operate the same

To run mods you need to do these following steps

1) Download the mods on steam workshop locally to your client
2) Open your client, click on the mod, click the elipsis (the dot dot dot) then copy as local mod
3) FTP to your server location and move the mod files to the same location where you see the add ons folders

4) Open those folders, go to keys and move that file to the keys folder in the root of the game server
5) Add a parameter to the launching of the server which is  -mod=@mod1\;@mod2\;@mod3 to load the mods when the server starts up
6) Theres some extra configs you can do in the config file where you can add a rule that people who dont have the mods that the server has, cant login (its not default)
7) You can also add custom scenarios/maps, by loading up the scenario/map first in single player, closing the game, go to your my games/arma 3 folder, then itll be the .pob file in there, put that in the mp folder in your server, and it'll work (obviously restart the server)

Think thats pretty much it! Im putting this here, so if people google it or whatever, they'll know how to do it, it should just work for a docker container in the same way, just need to make sure those parameters when starting the server are present :) 

• Like 1

I had teh asseto crosa steamcmd docker installed but i can get de server in online mode, it keeps stating server ofline in ac manager 

Success! App '302550' already up to date.
src/common/pipes.cpp (885) : stalled cross-thread pipe.
src/clientdll/steamclient.cpp (863) : bufRet.TellPut() == sizeof(uint8)
CWorkThreadPool::~CWorkThreadPool: work complete queue not empty, 1 items discarded.
CWorkThreadPool::~CWorkThreadPool: work processing queue not empty: 6 items discarded.
---Assetto-Server-Manager found, continuing!---
---Prepare Server---
---Start Server---
time="2022-06-29T23:37:23-07:00" level=info msg="initialising Raven monitoring"
time="2022-06-29T23:37:23-07:00" level=info msg="initialising Prometheus Monitoring"
time="2022-06-29T23:37:39-07:00" level=error msg="Could not check sysctl val: net.core.rmem_max" error="open /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_max: no such file or directory"
time="2022-06-29T23:37:39-07:00" level=error msg="Could not check sysctl val: net.core.rmem_default" error="open /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_default: no such file or directory"
time="2022-06-29T23:37:39-07:00" level=error msg="Could not check sysctl val: net.core.wmem_max" error="open /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_max: no such file or directory"
time="2022-06-29T23:37:39-07:00" level=error msg="Could not check sysctl val: net.core.wmem_default" error="open /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_default: no such file or directory"
time="2022-06-29T23:37:39-07:00" level=info msg="Server manager instance identifies as: 46eeb3e6-6e2a-4630-aba3-97f9650141e8"
time="2022-06-29T23:37:39-07:00" level=info msg="starting assetto server manager on: 0.0.0.0:8772"
time="2022-06-30T00:17:03-07:00" level=error msg="couldn't schedule race" error="when: time specified is in the past"

Last log entries

It was a clean setup docker so it downloaded the files for the game and manager.

Edited by sojab0on
login worked but can get game online
1 hour ago, sojab0on said:

I had teh asseto crosa steamcmd docker installed but i can get de server in online mode, it keeps stating server ofline in ac manager 

Have you opened the ports in your Firewall?

I'm not very familiar with the AC Server Manager but I think you have to start a Race Weekend so that it shows as online or am I wrong?

I can only tell that the container is working since I've also run sometimes a instance of Assetto Corsa Dedicated Server.

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you opened the ports in your Firewall?

I'm not very familiar with the AC Server Manager but I think you have to start a Race Weekend so that it shows as online or am I wrong?

I can only tell that the container is working since I've also run sometimes a instance of Assetto Corsa Dedicated Server.

Yes i started a race now it shows as online

• Like 1

Hi ich777.

Firstly thanks for all the containers! They've been a godsend and make it super easy to run game servers

I'm currently running into an issue with the "The Forest" container though

It seems to  run into an error where it "Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" (6.0.0.0)
wine: could not load kernel32.dll, status c0000135"

It then resets the container in a never ending loop.

Logs (one loop):

image.png.17b0f2ebb36a4021b69cca53abfde090.png

Container Setup: 

image.thumb.png.acf595173a143975bce16d48a29315ba.png

Please let me know if you need anything else for this, appreciate any support you can provide

Cheers,

Dr Rockso

Edited by DrRockso
Updating spelling, attachments and descriptions of files

I've been running a CoreKeeper server for a few weeks now, but the last night I restarted the container and now it doesnt appear to work. Log doesnt display the server ID to join:

/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 80:   101 Segmentation fault      ${SERVER_DIR}/CoreKeeperServer -batchmode -logfile ${SERVER_DIR}/CoreKeeperServerLog.txt -world ${WORLD_INDEX} -worldname "${WORLD_NAME}" -datapath "${SERVER_DIR}/Save" ${GAME_PARAMS} 2 > /dev/null
Terminated

Session terminated, killing shell...kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] pid | jobspec ... or kill -l [sigspec]
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 80:    86 Segmentation fault      ${SERVER_DIR}/CoreKeeperServer -batchmode -logfile ${SERVER_DIR}/CoreKeeperServerLog.txt -world ${WORLD_INDEX} -worldname "${WORLD_NAME}" -datapath "${SERVER_DIR}/Save" ${GAME_PARAMS} 2 > /dev/null
Terminated
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
---Update Server---
Loading Steam API...OK

Success! App '1963720' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Checking for old display lock files---
---Checking for old logfiles---
---Server ready---
---Starting Xvfb server---
---Start Server---
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Loading Steam API...OK

---Update Server---
Loading Steam API...OK

Success! App '1963720' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Checking for old display lock files---
---Checking for old logfiles---
---Server ready---
---Starting Xvfb server---
---Start Server---

1 hour ago, phoenixrisen said:

I've been running a CoreKeeper server for a few weeks now, but the last night I restarted the container and now it doesnt appear to work. Log doesnt display the server ID to join:

I tried it now on my server and it works just fine: CoreKeeper.log

Maybe try to delete the container (but not the directory in the appdata folder) and pull it again from the CA App.