[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

How do i log in with my old character? I transfered the save as well as the config files as per instructions, but when i connect to the server, it acts like i'm a new player, and not the returning for my high level vamp. Did i miss something?

Solved!

Had to take the folder name of the save in the game name in the docker edit, not the server name of the server you see in game. Now i connect to it just fine.

Edited by Duckers
Solution.
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Mbeco said:

I have already found that, but I just used the template today and it already has the latest parameters, I double-checked that though and it is correct. So I would highly appreciate some help from @Marcel40625.

Thank you!

if you follow my hints it should work, but there is no rcon atm they removed it in the multiplayer update last month, and it might be you dont see the server in the ingame browser, try to connect via IP

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Marcel40625 said:

if you follow my hints it should work, but there is no rcon atm they removed it in the multiplayer update last month, and it might be you dont see the server in the ingame browser, try to connect via IP

Hi, I tried following your hints to the last details, it's probably me, but for the life of it I can not get it to run.

I have tried connecting via the local and external IP, I have tried 27016 and 27500 (the only discrepancy I could find in the manuals), I cannot even get it to connect, the logs show absolutely nothing.

I am sorry for being persistent here, but do you maybe have another idea on where to check?

15 hours ago, Mbeco said:

Hi, I tried following your hints to the last details, it's probably me, but for the life of it I can not get it to run.

I have tried connecting via the local and external IP, I have tried 27016 and 27500 (the only discrepancy I could find in the manuals), I cannot even get it to connect, the logs show absolutely nothing.

I am sorry for being persistent here, but do you maybe have another idea on where to check?

did you changes the port mapping aswell when tried 27016?

@ich777 Dont know if you already did but now the default port of stationeers ist 27016, maybe change it in your template?

On 7/12/2022 at 1:25 AM, Sporical said:

I just updated my Valhiem server and the world is reset, did I miss a setting somewhere or is that normal? Lost a lot of progress oof

Is there a way to manage backups or automate or would I need to manually save the world file everytime theres an update?

Well that answers my question when I logged in after a long long time only to find myself back at the spawn point. lol   All the other players on my server are screaming bloody murder about it though.  I don't care - it's like a fresh start as far as I see it.

The automatic server backups only go back a day, so there isn't even a point in trying to restore one of those because it would be a blank world as well.

@ich777 How would I go about loading up a "custom world"?  Such as one of the ones listed at https://www.reddit.com/r/Valheim_Seeds/

4 hours ago, CoZ said:

@ich777 How would I go about loading up a "custom world"?  Such as one of the ones listed at https://www.reddit.com/r/Valheim_Seeds/

Please look at the third recommended post on top of this thread, the path has changed a bit since the empty world that you are experiencing is actually caused by the developers from Valheim because they changed where and how the worlds are saved and in my opinion they simply messed up.

If you want to generate a world I would recommend doing that on your PC and moving the files then over like described in the third recommended post.

BTW you can configure the Backups how you want, for example you can configure them to keep a backup for a week or month and take only every 5 hours a backup, that's up to you. ;)

On 7/12/2022 at 10:07 AM, ich777 said:

Haven't got time to look into this, also don't know what 7DtD have to do with ArmA3.

These are two different engines from what I know.

I will fix this but I'm very busy at the moment in real life and this will take some time.

Any news for this issue?

18 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please look at the third recommended post on top of this thread, the path has changed a bit since the empty world that you are experiencing is actually caused by the developers from Valheim because they changed where and how the worlds are saved and in my opinion they simply messed up.

If you want to generate a world I would recommend doing that on your PC and moving the files then over like described in the third recommended post.

BTW you can configure the Backups how you want, for example you can configure them to keep a backup for a week or month and take only every 5 hours a backup, that's up to you. ;)

Just in case there was any kind of miscommunication, I am NOT blaming you for the world wipeout.    I hope you didn't take it that way.  I know it was the developers.

Furthermore, I didn't know you could configure the backups.  Your container has been so rock solid since I installed it, I just kind of "fired and forgot" about looking into anything of that nature.

3 hours ago, CoZ said:

Just in case there was any kind of miscommunication, I am NOT blaming you for the world wipeout.    I hope you didn't take it that way.  I know it was the developers.

No worries, I just wanted to point that out... :)

3 hours ago, CoZ said:

Furthermore, I didn't know you could configure the backups.

You maybe have to pull a fresh copy from the CA App to see all the available options now if you are using the container from the beginning on since my templates don't update on it's own.

On 7/20/2022 at 8:54 AM, John2222 said:

Any news for this issue?

Have you yet tried to change the variable 'FORCE_X86' to 'false'?

I have no issue running the server in X64 mode, every time I try to copy over the 32bit version from steamclient.so it says that it can't find the steamclient.so for X86, is the new beta maybe 64bit only?

Can you please ask the developers which steamclient.so is needed to run the application in 32bit mode or maybe the 32bit mode in the beta branch isn't ready or fully implemented?

1 hour ago, Bobulator said:

I have a project Zomboid server i was wondering if there was a way to change the mode from apocalypse

I really don't know if that's possible in multiplayer games.

Aren't the game modes are exclusive to single player games?

You can change most of the settings in the file settings.ini

I'm not too familiar with modding most of the servers.

Here is also the official Dedicated Server Wiki from ProjectZomboid: Click maybe you find what you are looking in there.

Please stop the server in the first place if you change any configuration files.

On 7/23/2022 at 2:06 PM, ich777 said:

Have you yet tried to change the variable 'FORCE_X86' to 'false'?

I have no issue running the server in X64 mode, every time I try to copy over the 32bit version from steamclient.so it says that it can't find the steamclient.so for X86, is the new beta maybe 64bit only?

Can you please ask the developers which steamclient.so is needed to run the application in 32bit mode or maybe the 32bit mode in the beta branch isn't ready or fully implemented?

I tried x64. It doesn't run on my CPU.

I don't think it is 64bit only because there other 32bit users who runs without problems.

I search in the dev discord for "steamclient". There wasn't matches in the near time that sounds related. It is not a problem with the game/engine itself. It seems (as you say), that the steamclient.so cannot be found. That was already my guess. So i searched in the web and found a similiar problem with an other game. The solution was to set a symlink. Maybe this is here also the solution. I saw that in the general "steamcmd" folder (not that one in the "gamefiles" folder) there is a 32bit folder with a steamclient.so.  Maybe it is needed to set in 32bit mode a symlink to this file?
Or maybe steamclient.so has to "force" to 32bit also in some kind?
Can you give this a try? If this wouldn't work i will ask the devs (but i have not much hope because it sounds more like a problem of the container than the game itself). Maybe there is a 32bit user with container in dev build around there. :)

Edited by John2222
13 minutes ago, John2222 said:

The solution was to set a symlink. Maybe this is here also the solution. I saw that in the general "steamcmd" folder (not that one in the "gamefiles" folder) there is a 32bit folder with a steamclient.so.  Maybe it is needed to set in 32bit mode a symlink to this file?
Or maybe steamclient.so has to "force" to 32bit also in some kind?

I've already tried this and this is how it currently works with the exception that it is copied over and no symlink is set but that makes no difference at all.

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I've already tried this and this is how it currently works with the exception that it is copied over and no symlink is set but that makes no difference at all.

I wrote the problem to the devs. There are newer versions of the profiling build but i cannot test this before weekend. So let's see what happen.

• Like 1
Just now, John2222 said:

I wrote the problem to the devs. There are newer versions of the profiling build but i cannot test this before weekend. So let's see what happen.

The main issue that I have is that they ship in the folder linux64 all files for the 64bit version but there is no linux32 folder where the files for the 32bit version are.

It makes also no difference when I put the 32bit steamclient.so from the steamcmd/linux32 folder in the main or in another folder, I've even tried to change the LD_LIBRARY_FOLDER...

Please trust my, if I try something like this, I really try almost everything... :D

8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

The main issue that I have is that they ship in the folder linux64 all files for the 64bit version but there is no linux32 folder where the files for the 32bit version are.

It makes also no difference when I put the 32bit steamclient.so from the steamcmd/linux32 folder in the main or in another folder, I've even tried to change the LD_LIBRARY_FOLDER...

Please trust my, if I try something like this, I really try almost everything... :D

Nichts anderes hätte ich angenommen. :D
One idea do i have: Can you start the profiling container and look into the logs? Because there were update in the last days. Maybe it is fixed. The hope dies at last.

Edited by John2222
11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I've read something in the discord about a problem with the manifest. Maybe this would help to update this manifest-thing?!?

5 minutes ago, John2222 said:

One idea do i have: Can you start the profiling container and look into the logs? Because there were update in the last days. Maybe it is fixed. The hope dies at last.

I have to try this tomorrow, had a lot of work to do lately for Unraid (changes for all plugins for 6.11+) and also in real life it was a bit challenging...