[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

25 minutes ago, Silancelot said:

I know like CS2 i can see in a server browser, but Valheim fx doesnt seem to wanna play nicely with steam game browser.

Can you please go a bit more in depth what you mean by that?

Valheim fx?

Or are you only mean the Steam Server Browser? If you mean the Steam Server Browser not every game won't show up properly in there.

19 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please go to the instruction page here and search for "LANMode".

Again this is a game specific thing and has nothing to do with the container in general.

THANKS! That was exactly what I was looking for and works like a charm. I can now check the LAN mode button and directly connect. Also options screen no longer shows the public IP. Since only the wife and I play from within our local network, there was no need for the public access :) (I also removed port forwarding on my firewall, the less exposure the better).

Unfortunately, there are still some lags, which makes no sense but looking over other forums and reddit - it appears to be a thing with the game itself and a "bug". In any event, I really appreciate the feedback and your knowledge, it was spot on.

• Like 1
On 5/27/2024 at 8:21 PM, ich777 said:

Sorry but I really can't replicate that over here:

grafik.thumb.png.9ce29b9de01007c321c9623185db10ed.png

I even made a funny test:

grafik.thumb.png.edbf2fdd148fd0de8d53dc87c03933da.png

...and everything is working fine over here.

Can you please try to delete the container, then delete the svencoop folder which lives in your appdata directory (please check both /mnt/user/appdata/ and /mnt/cache/appdata) <- my suspicion is that you have files in both directories and that's why it gets confused.

during installation and at the first start, the server folder must be created in : /mnt/user/appdata/ and /mnt/cache/appdata...

This happens even after a simple restart just after deleting the folder located in : /mnt/user/appdata/

image.thumb.png.cb1488f85d93b01f75444f5ea806374a.png

Please describe a bit more in depth what you are trying to do and what you are changing where please.

The actual save data is located in .../vrising/save-data/... and not in .../vrising/VRisingServer_Data/StreamingAssets/...

So basically, if you change any of the3 settings mentioned in .../vrising/save-data/..., they don't work (it will remain as the default). All other settings can be changed just fine. For example, changing the following settings:

{
	"BloodEssenceYieldModifier": 3.0,
	"CastleStatModifiers_Global": {
		"CastleLimit": 5,
		"NetherGateLimit": 4,
		"ThroneOfDarknessLimit": 4
	}
}

CleanShot2024-05-29at13_06_46.thumb.png.68f1e572ee17daa09eaf4e59a6610192.png

My understanding is that the configs in .../vrising/save-data/... are partial configs that the game will use to override the default configs in .../vrising/VRisingServer_Data/StreamingAssets/... Which is why if you change them in  .../vrising/VRisingServer_Data/StreamingAssets/... it seems to work. To be clear again, only these 3 specific settings behaves this way. 

It might be a problem with the way the game handles these 3 settings specifically, but when I tested the exact same ServerGameSettings.json file in Windows, the game was able to update these configs just fine, so I'm encountering this problem only with the docker image.

Personally, It doesn't really bother me whether or not this is fixable. I just thought I'd let you know in case anyone else has the same problem.

7 hours ago, Logidroid said:

This happens even after a simple restart just after deleting the folder located in : /mnt/user/appdata/

Sorry, I should have been more specific and explained it also a bit wrong.

This is totally normal that you see it in both directories because /mnt/user/... is the FUSE filesystem and shows the combined content from all disks.

Please look if you have data for Sven Coop on any other disk than the cache drive, that's what I meant to say.

Does it now work and display the correct name "Docker Sven Coop" on a fresh installation?

18 minutes ago, DevTK0 said:

My understanding is that the configs in .../vrising/save-data/... are partial configs that the game will use to override the default configs in .../vrising/VRisingServer_Data/StreamingAssets/... Which is why if you change them in  .../vrising/VRisingServer_Data/StreamingAssets/... it seems to work. To be clear again, only these 3 specific settings behaves this way. 

No, this is not true.

The configs in .../vrising/save-data/... (save data for the game itself) override the configs in .../vrising/VRisingServer_Data/StreamingAssets/... (default configs which are copied over to the first mentioned directory if not found on container start) since my container is specifically started to use that directory as a override.

18 minutes ago, DevTK0 said:

It might be a problem with the way the game handles these 3 settings specifically, but when I tested the exact same ServerGameSettings.json file in Windows, the game was able to update these configs just fine, so I'm encountering this problem only with the docker image.

I just tried it over here and it is working fine when I change the configuration in .../vrising/save-data/... and leave them untouched but keep in mind I'm using a fresh save game and did not transfer anything over.

It is rather strange that the configuration in .../vrising/save-data/... is not working for you since you are the first one who reports such an issue.

7 hours ago, ckwhiskey said:

Is BepInEx safe to run with the VRising docker now that it's been updated for v1.0?

I tried just a manual install and enabling the setting, but I keep getting stuck in server start loops and thought I'd ask.

The answer is simple, if it loops then it's not working.

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

Sorry, I should have been more specific and explained it also a bit wrong.

This is totally normal that you see it in both directories because /mnt/user/... is the FUSE filesystem and shows the combined content from all disks.

Please look if you have data for Sven Coop on any other disk than the cache drive, that's what I meant to say.

Does it now work and display the correct name "Docker Sven Coop" on a fresh installation?

unfortunately no it's very surprising, especially since I reset my server and formatted all my disks

image.thumb.png.43537599ca71afb2e0115d4e686bae81.png

34 minutes ago, Logidroid said:

unfortunately no it's very surprising, especially since I reset my server and formatted all my disks

Sorry but something is very wrong on your setup and it tries to read the file from somewhere else where it can't read the file and it falls back to the default server name.

I really don't know what's causing that on your machine.

If you upload your Diagnostics I can go through them if you want me to do that but as shown in my screenshots above it is working fine over here.

On 5/27/2024 at 8:32 PM, ich777 said:

Can you please go a bit more in depth what you mean by that?

Valheim fx?

Or are you only mean the Steam Server Browser? If you mean the Steam Server Browser not every game won't show up properly in there.

Exactly my point, not every game works with steam server browser, so is there any simple way to see if any of my friends are online on any of my servers? Basically i wanna make sure I'm not taking something down or updating something while my friends are online. The only way i really know is opening each game and checking, which is not always possible and a bit tedious :D.

9 minutes ago, Silancelot said:

Basically i wanna make sure I'm not taking something down or updating something while my friends are online.

For Valheim you can enable the debug log but keep in mind that is a bit noisy.

The big problem is that every engine works differently and not every developer includes all the same things to read how many people online like RCON.

I can‘t give you a definite answer because it always depends on the game… sorry…

16 minutes ago, JackPS9 said:

Is there any way to tell what the name that my server shows up as in Project Zomboid?
As would like to know if it's available or not to friends.

Customize your configuration since I think the default name is taken already or at least someone uses it already:

grafik.png.3d41a27ef6dfbbbc3b34c068a93b3610.png

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Customize your configuration since I think the default name is taken already or at least someone uses it already:

grafik.png.3d41a27ef6dfbbbc3b34c068a93b3610.png

Okay, but where is it changed?
Cause if it's not in the Container Config

55 minutes ago, JackPS9 said:

Okay, but where is it changed?

You should start reading here since this is a game specific question and not related to the container, just navigate to your .../appdata/projectzomboid/... and you will find the files.

Just make sure to first stop the container and then edit the files.

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Sorry, but I don't accept any more Docker container requests (too many apps in the CA App).

Ok, thanks for getting back to me. I have 4 of your other dockers and they work great, wasn't sure if this was on the radar or not.

• Like 1
On 5/29/2024 at 1:27 AM, ich777 said:

The answer is simple, if it loops then it's not working.

Do you know how to fix this. I have the same issue as well. It's seems it's only with the docker. If I install the server from steam and follow the BepInEx install instructions the server starts with no issues. Any thoughts on what the issue might be?

7 minutes ago, Wadzwigidy said:

Do you know how to fix this. I have the same issue as well. It's seems it's only with the docker. If I install the server from steam and follow the BepInEx install instructions the server starts with no issues. Any thoughts on what the issue might be?

I might remove BepInEx in the future from the Container since it only causes issues, I have no definite solution for you for now.

Did you yet try to install it manually into the main directory from the container?

Just now, ich777 said:

I might remove BepInEx in the future from the Container since it only causes issues, I have no definite solution for you for now.

Did you yet try to install it manually into the main directory from the container?

I did try that and same issue

8 minutes ago, Wadzwigidy said:

I'll keep digging at this and If I figure out a solution I will let you know

So I was able to resolve the issue. I went to the BepInEx git hub and downloaded the latest winx64 version (https://github.com/BepInEx/BepInEx/releases/tag/v5.4.23.1) and I also download the patcher. I copied all the files from the zip (BepInEx_win_x64_5.4.23.1.zip) and pasted them in the vrising folder, replacing anything it asked to replace. Then I copied the patcher from the zip (BepInEx_Patcher_5.4.23.1.zip) and pasted it into the vrising\bepinex/patchers folder. Started the docker and it started with no issues. So far........