[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

1 hour ago, gus1234 said:

Thanks for your quick reply! In the guide it says to create the id_rsa on the local machine (which is my main server where I have luckybackup installed) and then copy it to the remote server (which is my backup server)

I would recommend doing it the other way around since then your Backup server is in charge and you allow access to your Main machine, I do it that way too.

Usually the keys are created by the container itself and there is no need to create new ones anyways (they are initially created on the first container starte and will be found in /luckybackup/.ssh)

If you have a fresh installed container do that:

1. In the container go to: /luckybackup/.ssh and open up the file: ssh_host_rsa_key.pub
  2. Copy the contents of this file
  3. On the foreign system create the file: authorized_keys in the directory /root/.ssh
  4. Past the contents that you've copied in step 3 into the authorized_keys file and save it
  5. Go to the luckyBackup container
  6. Set up a sync and choose the file ssh_host_rsa_key from the directory /luckybackup/.ssh at private key file

With this luckyBackup should be now be able to connect to the remote machine.

Please note that I recommend restarting the SSH server after Step 4 but this shouldn't be necessary.

Also make sure that the file from Step 4 is plain text!

Also please note that the file needs to be authorized_keys not authorized_key (maybe a type in your initial post here).

6 minutes ago, gus1234 said:

As I seem to get an error saying backup@<IP address>:/mnt/user/PROJECTS does not exist?

Then the path on the foreign host does not exist, ist this the destination or the source?

You have to configure it properly.

I would also recommend that you try first a test directory and not a directory which holds actual maybe important data.

But this is in general a good sign since the connection is now established. :)

6 minutes ago, gus1234 said:

I manged to get it working but it still seems to prompt me for a password? Which keeps popping up anytime I enter the password for the backup user on my server

Then it is still not configured properly...

Sorry I really can't help here, I use luckyBackup with this method from two different machines and have no issue whatsoever.

Something is wrong with your authentication if you always get the prompt.

I hope you connect from luckyBackup directly to Unraid with the foreign Unraid IP address and have the authorized_keys file created in /root/.ssh on Unraid itself.

On 9/11/2023 at 1:15 PM, ich777 said:

Sorry but I'm out of ideas on that... :/

Hey, just a follow-up on this.  Adding a variable for VPNPORT for the relevant port fixed this.  Yes, port forwarding through openvpn-client is explained at your github page.  I just totally overlooked it.  My apologies.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Then it is still not configured properly...

Sorry I really can't help here, I use luckyBackup with this method from two different machines and have no issue whatsoever.

Something is wrong with your authentication if you always get the prompt.

I hope you connect from luckyBackup directly to Unraid with the foreign Unraid IP address and have the authorized_keys file created in /root/.ssh on Unraid itself.

All good thanks for your help! Maybe it’s something I’ve done wrong in your steps. Here’s what I’ve done:

1. On the backup server I went to: /luckybackup/.ssh and opened up the file: ssh_host_rsa_key.pub
  2. Copy the contents of this file
  3. Then on the main server (foreign system) created a file: authorized_keys.txt in the directory /root/.ssh
  4. Pasted the contents of ssh_host_rsa_key.pub into the authorized_keys file and saved it on the main sever in /root/.ssh
  5. Go to the luckyBackup container on the backup server
  6. Set up a new task with the settings in the screenshot

IMG_0221.webp

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

I hope you connect from luckyBackup directly to Unraid with the foreign Unraid IP address and have the authorized_keys file created in /root/.ssh on Unraid itself.

Is there a way I should be doing this? I thought it would connect to the main server once Ive run the task?

I also noticed under Edit user in Unraid for the root user on my foreign system I dont see any SSH authorized keys displayed like I see in the backup server?
image.thumb.png.7abff94036c4a2f06a174888dd0a6e01.png

Edited by gus1234

---Starting...---
---Microsoft Edge not installed, please wait installing...---
---Something went wrong, can't download Microsoft Edge, putting container in sleep mode---

i have successed install ich777/microsoft-edge, but i can't lauch it, when i check the log, it shows something went wrong, can't download Edge, how to solve that?

21 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Thaha, not the best project to begin with... :D

Go to - Settings - Management access and enable the ssh server

Haha yes it’s proving quite difficult to get working..

oh yep I have done that. When I try ssh user@remote-server I’m able to connect successfully but when I try through luckybackup I’m unable to connect without a password prompt 

20 minutes ago, culilaren said:

i have successed install ich777/microsoft-edge, but i can't lauch it, when i check the log, it shows something went wrong, can't download Edge, how to solve that?

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for the report, I've redefined the download routine and version check on start from the container.

Please update the container itself.

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for the report, I've redefined the download routine and version check on start from the container.

Please update the container itself.

i tried to update using tag latest, but nothing changed. still have something wrong, can't download edge 

Thanks so much for your help that worked! I think where I was going wrong was using the user backup instead of root (in the guide I linked earlier it said you should use another user instead of root), editing the wrong authorized_keys file also here where you say:

The I clicked on Advanced and set up the key file:

(please be sure to select this exact file and set it up as source)

At first I couldnt see any of the files except known_hosts but when I tried again I could see all the listed files.

Hopefully this can be pinned or made into a seperate thread for new users who are trying to use luckybackup

Thanks again!

• Like 1