[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

Yeah you're right, it works fine w/o Wireguard.

The only thing I noticed when connecting to wg0, the 8080 port in unraid is being used for the main gui I think, so I redirected it in settings to a different port.

172.31.200.4:8080 <-> TCP 192.168.50.250:8081

Once the app start (btw what is this VNC thing ? the actual Chrome process is located elsewhere ?) , I can go to google and search for anything in Google, but if I click any link it sits forever and nothing happens. I opened network inspection in developer mode and it seems to be doing some initial requests like curl does, but gets cancelled eventually. 

Interestingly some sites work, like maybe 10-20% of the sites depending on them like google, wikipedia, bing

it's as if there is a firewall on the vpn's wg0 blocking some requests for browsing.

Looking at Chrome processes, to see if there is anything peculiar, I see this (mostly because I see vnc connects unencrypted when launching chrome)

chrome    1084    67  0 10:26 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/websockify -D --web=/usr/share/novnc/ --cert=/etc/ssl/novnc.pem 8080 localhost:5900

Do you know what it does ? Also when I look, there is no file on the Unraid: /etc/ssl/novnc.pem 

12 hours ago, Houmi said:

Do you know what it does ? Also when I look, there is no file on the Unraid: /etc/ssl/novnc.pem 

This process it noVNC and is basically what you need to be able to use noVNC.

18 hours ago, Houmi said:

it's as if there is a firewall on the vpn's wg0 blocking some requests for browsing.

Have you yet thought about that that maybe your Wireguard gateway is blocking the requests?

As said above there is nothing in the container by itself that would block outside requests by default, the container is also working fine if you use it in combination with a OpenVPN connection.

It's possible that the Wireguard gateway is blocking, but I am using other apps on it that work for download & including Plex (both ways). I could run a wireshark but that will only show me requests going through wg0 and not once going through the tunnel.

I'll play around with it, and if I discover what it is, I'll post here my finding.

Yep, it seems that Torguard is indeed having its web traffic blocked randomly... I tried to find a bunch of proxy sites and found one https://proxysite.us/ that worked and via that one all the sites I couldn't reach worked.

It's weird though it's not a complete block, many websites work, but some don't (like ipleak, dnsleak and such I wanted to test my VPN) -- I have a personal VPS and will be moving my VPN to the VPS soon, so hopefully this won't be an issue anymore. 

Thanks for all your help!

• Like 1

I've been trying to get the Magic Mirror 2 docker running and have yet to get the web interface working. Unraid 6.12.6, MM2 2.25.0, node.js 18.17.1. Running in bridge mode. I've forced updates, added the DATA_PERM 770, and the logs show it in a boot loop. Please help me troubleshoot this. Log snippet attached.

The live log cuts out with each loop, so it's hard to get a full collection of logs - are the logs stored somewhere in ./appdata/macgicmirror2/?

MM Loop.txt

26 minutes ago, Patersong said:

The live log cuts out with each loop, so it's hard to get a full collection of logs - are the logs stored somewhere in ./appdata/macgicmirror2/?

Can you please give me a bit more details, is this a existing installation that you try to upgrade? Have you yet installed any modules?

However it seems that something is wrong with your modules, what path's have you set in the template and so on?

You can extract the logs from a Unraid terminal if you do something like that:

docker container logs MagicMirror-2 > /mnt/user/appdata/magicmirror2.log

This will write the log to /mnt/user/appdata/magicmirror2.log you maybe have to set the container name which is in the above command MagicMirror-2

I tried it now on a fresh set up version and it seems to work fine:

grafik.thumb.png.3e206c6aafbdb4a6fd3e66642d69a908.png

grafik.thumb.png.84caa83115d523c137a4373145fe675e.png

• Like 1

I was recently looking through the backups I have, and on the destination directory, i have a .luckybackup-snaphots directory.

First, why is it called snaphots and not shapshots? doesn't matter, more semantics. 

Second - I have my profiles only keep 7 days worth of entries, but when I look at the .luckybackup-snaphots folder, i see months worth of data. Why isn't the cleanup process being done?

Schedule.png shows the current schedule with retention, History.png shows that lucky sees only those 7, but Folder.png shows WAY more than just the 7 highlighted folders. 

Folder.png

History.png

Schedule.png

8 minutes ago, dataslayer said:

First, why is it called snaphots and not shapshots? doesn't matter, more semantics. 

Because this is how luckyBackup does it.

8 minutes ago, dataslayer said:

Second - I have my profiles only keep 7 days worth of entries, but when I look at the .luckybackup-snaphots folder, i see months worth of data. Why isn't the cleanup process being done?

That's the nature of snapshots, you have to keep the old ones to actually be able to recover the files.

Imagine if a file doesn't change in years and is there since day one so to speak was snapshot in the first backup run, if you would delete the first entire snapshot directory that file would be gone. However all the other files which changed over time will be deleted from the first folder but the not modified file in that folder has to stay if you want to recover the data some time later.

Hope that makes sense to you.

I understand how backups work - but what's the point of the setting "snapshots to keep"? if it keeps all snapshots from the start, then its not doing any roll up, which is what i expected when it says "snapshots to keep". 

In most backup software, it does a roll up of the oldest snap into the next oldest - thereby still keeping exactly what you tell it to keep. 

Hello!, I am using the ich777/megasync container in unraid, it works well except that everytime I download something, I need to run the "New Permissions" tool before I can access the files over my regular SMB shares.

UID GID & Mask are set to 99, 100 & 000, the same as other containers that do not have this problem.

Any help appreciated but since this is the only Mega container on the unraid appstore, I will continue to live if this can't be fixed.

-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users  737351153 Dec 31 06:05 "File After Running New Permissions.mp4"
-rw------- 1 nobody users  737351153 Dec 31 06:05 "File BEFORE Running New Permissions.mp4"

I assume it is setting permissions for the Root account only, based on the above.

Thank you :)

Edited by jonathonsunshine
added a bit more info

Having issues with OpenVPN. It has worked flawlessly until this evening. Chromium has stopped working properly.  I'm now getting this  error. If I run the browser outside of OpenVPN it works fine

[custom-init] No custom files found, skipping...
[ls.io-init] done.
Obt-Message: Xinerama extension is not present on the server
 2023-12-30 19:07:02,212 [INFO] websocket 0: got client connection from 127.0.0.1
 2023-12-30 19:07:02,217 [PRIO] Connections: accepted: @192.168.1.137_1703984822.212248::websocket
 2023-12-30 19:08:46,400 [PRIO] Connections: closed: @192.168.1.137_1703984822.212248::websocket (Clean disconnection)

Screenshot_20231230_155206_Chrome.jpg

5 hours ago, dataslayer said:

but what's the point of the setting "snapshots to keep"? if it keeps all snapshots from the start

IIRC this is the way that rsync handles snaphsots but it doesn‘t keep all files it keeps only the files that did not change.

5 hours ago, dataslayer said:

In most backup software, it does a roll up of the oldest snap into the next oldest - thereby still keeping exactly what you tell it to keep. 

luckyBackup is just a GUI for rsync and it uses rsync as the backend for backups/snapshots.

I would recommend that you create a issue on the maintainers SourceForge repository to solve this issue.

5 hours ago, gadget069 said:

It has worked flawlessly until this evening. Chromium has stopped working properly.  I'm now getting this  error. If I run the browser outside of OpenVPN it works fine

Nothing changed in terms of OpenVPN, the last update that I pushed to it was about two months ago and if it was working in that timeframe then something else must have been changed.

Are you sure that Chromium isn't the culprit? The log that you've attached it not from my container.

5 hours ago, jonathonsunshine said:

I assume it is setting permissions for the Root account only, based on the above.

Have you seen this button in the Settings:

grafik.png.00a26bc84d291c3c23716d7916fe08df.png

With that you can change the default permissions from:

grafik.png.e11c7dc4a7a2d0720a6b84dd6639f167.png

To:

grafik.png.be8df958e8e936ee8ecf3bb35855e20e.png

However this applies only to new files and that you upload to Mega with the client.

The main problem is if you upload the files as root and have these permissions from above the client won't change them so you have to ensure that the permissions are correct when uploading.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, ich777 said:

However this applies only to new files and that you upload to Mega with the client.

The main problem is if you upload the files as root and have these permissions from above the client won't change them so you have to ensure that the permissions are correct when uploading.

Thank you so much, I don't upload, I just use it for downloading linux isos

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, ich777 said:

Nothing changed in terms of OpenVPN, the last update that I pushed to it was about two months ago and if it was working in that timeframe then something else must have been changed.

Are you sure that Chromium isn't the culprit? The log that you've attached it not from my container.

Here is a snapshot of the log fileimage.thumb.png.2a6e29f187ed1d1087f0be9843828ab8.png

5 minutes ago, gadget069 said:

Here is a snapshot of the log fileimage.thumb.png.2a6e29f187ed1d1087f0be9843828ab8.png

But that is not my container. I really can't help here since you have to ask in the support thread for the chormium container that you are using.

Maybe you have to forward another port, I'm not that familiar with KasmVNC.

As already said, nothing changed in the last two months for the OpenVPN container.

On 12/27/2023 at 2:06 PM, ich777 said:

Can you please give me a bit more details, is this a existing installation that you try to upgrade? Have you yet installed any modules?

However it seems that something is wrong with your modules, what path's have you set in the template and so on?

You can extract the logs from a Unraid terminal if you do something like that:

docker container logs MagicMirror-2 > /mnt/user/appdata/magicmirror2.log

This will write the log to /mnt/user/appdata/magicmirror2.log you maybe have to set the container name which is in the above command MagicMirror-2

I tried it now on a fresh set up version and it seems to work fine:

grafik.thumb.png.3e206c6aafbdb4a6fd3e66642d69a908.png

grafik.thumb.png.84caa83115d523c137a4373145fe675e.png

Thank you for the reply. I've installed the MM2 docker image from the unraid APPS tab. In attempting to get it to work, I ran the update commands (didn't work prior or after for me).  I did try adding some modules. My docker setup is in a screenshot below.

The terminal command you proposed returned error that look like they're in the calendar module (error: Cannot find module 'fetch') see MM2 Log Output.txt attached. I commented out all my modules and reran the command and got a shell error with the same terminal command:

"Session terminated, killing shell.../opt/scripts/start.sh: line 29: kill: `': not a pid or valid job spec"

I might wipe all the docker data and start fresh unless you have something else I might try...

MM2 Docker Setup.jpg

MM2 Log Output.txt

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

But that is not my container. I really can't help here since you have to ask in the support thread for the chormium container that you are using.

Maybe you have to forward another port, I'm not that familiar with KasmVNC.

As already said, nothing changed in the last two months for the OpenVPN container.

Sorry my bad. too many things going at one time, thanks

• Like 1
On 12/31/2023 at 6:55 PM, Patersong said:

I might wipe all the docker data and start fresh unless you have something else I might try...

That is maybe the best idea, I had to update the container since there was a slight change to the GitHub API where (which the container is utilizing) it wasn't able to grab the latest version number but that is now fixed.

However I've tried to install it again and it is working fine, please keep in mind the first start might take a bit longer than usual since it installs dependencies:

grafik.thumb.png.e5d31480b5bfb305ae7311654e55a217.png

Ok.  I think i found the key to my problem.  Like some other dockers i've run into, it hasn't been remapped to recognized multiple cache pools yet!  This is just a guess, but when UNraid bypassed the FUSE layer (Exclusive share) when the share lives only on a cache pool, that seems to strip LB the ability to see the share anymore!! 
As soon as i change my secondary storage from none (the requirement for Exclusive Access) to "Array", LB sees the share...whether its hidden, or shared by SMB at all. 

BUT doing this ALSO removes that shares ability to Exclusive Access itself to the network; slowing down some of the r/w operations.  So this is annoying!  I don't feel smart enough to fix it and retain my Exclusive Access settings.  

I hope someone can tell me what i am doing wrong?  Or do is LB just not able to see exclusive access shares, and I have to go back to writing manual R-Sync scripts for everything?  I want to use my exclusive shares again and LB.