[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

@Unraidmule this is the correct support thread, I've changed the link in the GitHub repository, however if you are using Unraid this button should take you also here:
grafik.png.45429c7e5ea7bb2b513f6c851afbb59b.png

However, I've just made the new version available, TBH I really don't know why it wasn't working but really appreciate the heads up and it should work just fine for the next updates, just restart the container and it will pick up the new version.

I also pushed a update to the container but that fix won't affect you since it's only something for new installations, so to speak you don't have to immediately update the container but you of course can. :)

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

@Unraidmule this is the correct support thread, I've changed the link in the GitHub repository, however if you are using Unraid this button should take you also here:
grafik.png.45429c7e5ea7bb2b513f6c851afbb59b.png

However, I've just made the new version available, TBH I really don't know why it wasn't working but really appreciate the heads up and it should work just fine for the next updates, just restart the container and it will pick up the new version.

I also pushed a update to the container but that fix won't affect you since it's only something for new installations, so to speak you don't have to immediately update the container but you of course can. :)

Like I said previously, thanks for your work. we really appreciate it.

And I didn't even know that button existed thanks for teaching me something new!

I will update now and test it out!

Have a great day! :)

• Like 1

Hi all,
I started using luckyBackup a few days ago and it's working great.
I did notice one thing not quite right.

When I set the app to send me an automated email after a scheduled backup has finished the backup time shown in the email is off by 1 hour, although the backup actually started at the right time set in the schedule.
Is there a place we can set the time zone the app uses? Maybe that's the reason the time shown in the email is off by 1 hour.

8 minutes ago, mjeshurun said:

Is there a place we can set the time zone the app uses? Maybe that's the reason the time shown in the email is off by 1 hour.

What timezone are you in and is specified?

There is already a discussion over here:

With @cybrnook & @Mattaton there but I would really like to continue that conversation here since this is the correct support thread.

However I haven't got yet time to look into that.

45 minutes ago, cybrnook said:

@Mattaton when you ran the 5 minute test yesterday, where it worked, was that a newly schedule job? I am wondering if you need to perhaps remove and recreate the cron entries now that you made the TZ change?

Yes, it was a new test profile and task.

I could try that, but as far as I understood, the entire cron file gets overwritten each time you click CRON it. So, when I added the schedule for the new test profile, it overwrote the original, and then again when I removed the test profile and schedule.

I'm all for giving it a shot, but I'd think the text within defining the schedule would, in a sense, be fresh if the file had been rewritten.

@cybrnook

11am just came and went and the schedule didn't fire the job. So, it's not the 6-hour offset issue.

I removed the schedule. did the cronIT, checked that the entry was now blank. Then I set the schedule up again with console mode enabled as it was before. cronIT and the text for the schedule looks the same. Let's hope it works this time!

6 minutes ago, Mattaton said:

@cybrnook

11am just came and went and the schedule didn't fire the job. So, it's not the 6-hour offset issue.

I removed the schedule. did the cronIT, checked that the entry was now blank. Then I set the schedule up again with console mode enabled as it was before. cronIT and the text for the schedule looks the same. Let's hope it works this time!

Create another job in there to run in just a couple minutes, see if that works. Would verify if we're close to something or not.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

What timezone are you in and is specified?

There is already a discussion over here:

With @cybrnook & @Mattaton there but I would really like to continue that conversation here since this is the correct support thread.

However I haven't got yet time to look into that.

Using the 'date' command in the container terminal I found my time zone was not set correctly.

After I set the correct TZ using the following solution:

su - luckybackup

touch .profile

echo "export TZ=America/New_York" > .profile

And now the time in the email is displaying properly.

Just now, mjeshurun said:

Using the 'date' command in the container terminal I found my time zone was not set correctly.

After I set the correct TZ using the following solution:

su - luckybackup

touch .profile

echo "export TZ=America/New_York" > .profile

And now the time in the email is displaying properly.

Yeah, that discussion is us. We just moved over here to keep it official 🙂

• Thanks 1

my time zone was not set correctly

Can you please answer my question too? Are you also in America/New_York or are you in a different time zone?

Both of you are using luckyBackup as non root correct?

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you please answer my question too? Are you also in America/New_York or are you in a different time zone?

Both of you are using luckyBackup as non root correct?

My time zone is Asia/Jerusalem.

I'm not sure if I'm using the container as non root. How do I check that?

Edited by mjeshurun

I'm not sure if I'm using the container as non root.

Go to your Docker page and edit the container in the template you should see this:

grafik.png.8c4a7ab934fb49abeb0a1b969a9d86f5.png

If set to false = non root | if set to true = root

There is also a indication on the bottom from the WebUI from the container where it says "luckyBackup - superuser mode" I think.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, cybrnook said:

Create another job in there to run in just a couple minutes, see if that works. Would verify if we're close to something or not.

I did so and it did not run. I don't understand why since the test yesterday ran fine.

I have nuked all schedules and recreated. Cron now looks like this with the test schedule for a couple minutes ago:

User: super user - crontab content
#lnitial Cron
luckybackup entries
0 5 * * * /usr/bin/luckybackup -c --no-questions --skip-critical /root/.luckyBackup/profiles/
daily-5am.profile > Iroot/.luckyBackup/logs/daily-5am-LastCronLog.log 2>&1
/usr/bin/luckybackup -c --no-questions --skip-critical /root/.luckyBackup/profiles/
15 11 * * * /usr/bin/luckybackup -c --no-questions --skip-critical /root/.luckyBackup/profiles/
daily-5am.profile > /root/.luckyBackup/logs/daily-5am-LastCronLog.log 2>&1
end of luckybackup entries

That looks correct, doesn't it? Should run at 5am and 11:15am according to that, right?

Just now, ich777 said:

Go to your Docker page and edit the container in the template you should see this:

grafik.png.8c4a7ab934fb49abeb0a1b969a9d86f5.png

If set to false = non root | if set to true = root

There is also a indication on the bottom from the WebUI from the container where it says "luckyBackup - superuser mode" I think.

Thanks for the explanation.
My container is currently set to root.
Is it more advisable to run the container as non-root?

Sorry. Pump the brakes. I just restarted the container and checked the status of each task. Turns out it DID run at 11am, it just hadn't updated the status until I restarted. So, it still ran it at 6 hours after 5am.

Checked the timezone and it still looks right.

root@d841cef0c6d7:/# su - luckybackup
luckybackup@d841cef0c6d7:~$ date
Wed Jan 10 11:24:37 EST 2024

This is annoying, because this just worked with my test yesterday. 😕 

4 minutes ago, Mattaton said:

I did so and it did not run. I don't understand why since the test yesterday ran fine.

I have nuked all schedules and recreated. Cron now looks like this with the test schedule for a couple minutes ago:

#lnitial Cron
luckybackup entries
0 5 * * * /usr/bin/luckybackup -c --no-questions --skip-critical /root/.luckyBackup/profiles/
/usr/bin/luckybackup -c --no-questions --skip-critical /root/.luckyBackup/profiles/
15 11 * * * /usr/bin/luckybackup -c --no-questions --skip-critical /root/.luckyBackup/profiles/

That looks correct, doesn't it? Should run at 5am and 11:15am according to that, right?

I think it looks fine. I just did a simple test of running all my backup jobs here in EST and it worked fine for me. @ 11:22 EST my cron'd backup job kicked off without issue.

image.thumb.png.d045385c83a65e7e2811849b3fcd9066.png

image.thumb.png.ef8ba27371c7563a2c422379fe385f05.png

8 minutes ago, Mattaton said:
#lnitial Cron
luckybackup entries

This does not look right? Why "I"root and not /root

Iroot/.luckyBackup/logs/daily-5am-LastCronLog.log 2>&1

Edited by cybrnook
Just now, cybrnook said:

This does not look right? Why "I"root and not just root.

Iroot/.luckyBackup/logs/daily-5am-LastCronLog.log 2>&1

Sorry...using Windows Power Toys Text Extractor to pull the text from the VNC session since I can't copy and paste. It just swapped in an I for the /. It's correct I just missed that when I posted.