[Support] binhex - MinecraftBedrockServer

20 hours ago, nametaken_thisonetoo said:

Hi there, new to Minecraft and struggling with console commands. I'm sure I am getting the syntax wrong or something equally stoopid, but as you can see in the screenshot below I am typing commands in the WebGUI interface and getting errors sometimes and not other times. If somone could point me in the right direct I would be very greatful

image.png

not sure where you are getting your instructions from but make sure its for minecraft bedrock server not minecraft (linux) server , to help ya out here is the correct command to turn on show coordinates 🙂

gamerule showcoordinates true

• Thanks 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey folks:

Posted to the wrong thread like a dope.  Reposting...

----

My kids are really enjoying the container.  Throwing out a flyer for help here. 

I'm looking to mod a container to run Pokemon mods.  I imported a world from a Windows based laptop (also bedrock server software) - where it runs ok but very under-powered.  I'm looking to use my Unraid box.

After import it kicks out errors.  It looks like a dependency is missing.  Can someone help me interpret these errors?  (The mod owner runs a discord, where they recommended against running a server - but I was pleasantly surprised when it ran on a windows box.  So I gave it a shot importing it over, but failed).

Appreciate any help that can be offered!

2023-07-02 23:31:09:192 ERROR] [Scripting] Plugin [§cPoke§bBedrock §ev1.2.2 BEH - 1.0.0] - requesting dependency on module [@minecraft/server] but it is not configured to use it.

[2023-07-02 23:31:09:192 ERROR] [Scripting] Plugin [§cPoke§bBedrock §ev1.2.2 BEH - 1.0.0] - requesting dependency on module [@minecraft/server-ui] but it is not configured to use it.

[2023-07-02 23:31:09:872 ERROR] [Json] Unknown block during Deferred BlockDescriptor resolution: pokeb:silicon_ore

[2023-07-02 23:31:09:872 ERROR] [Json] Unknown block during Deferred BlockDescriptor resolution: pokeb:dawn_stone_ore [2023-07-02 23:31:09:872 ERROR] [Json] Unknown block during Deferred BlockDescriptor resolution: pokeb:leaf_stone_ore [2023-07-02 23:31:09:872 ERROR] [Json] Unknown block during Deferred BlockDescriptor resolution: pokeb:bauxite_ore

[2023-07-02 23:31:09:888 ERROR] [Json] Unknown block during Deferred BlockDescriptor resolution: pokeb:water_stone_ore [2023-07-02 23:31:10:435 ERROR] [Json] Unknown block during Deferred BlockDescriptor resolution: pokeb:fire_stone_ore

[2023-07-02 23:31:10:435 ERROR] [Json] Unknown block during Deferred BlockDescriptor resolution: pokeb:sun_stone_ore

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Chester said:

If a new version is available, where would I see this?

My docker page and CA show up to date.  Or is the process manual?

Thanks!

you can either manually press the 'check for updates' button at the bottom of the list of containers scrren in the unraid web ui, or you can install a plugin to automatically update for you, search CA for plugin 'CA Auto Update Applications'

4 hours ago, binhex said:

you can either manually press the 'check for updates' button at the bottom of the list of containers scrren in the unraid web ui, or you can install a plugin to automatically update for you, search CA for plugin 'CA Auto Update Applications'

Gah - thanks, missed the button somehow.  I backed up my worlds folder, resource and behavior packs, and some config.  I'm guessing I have to reload them to preserve the previous settings?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Chester said:

Gah - thanks, missed the button somehow.  I backed up my worlds folder, resource and behavior packs, and some config.  I'm guessing I have to reload them to preserve the previous settings?  Thanks!

you only need to backup files/folders if you modified anything within the container, anything in /config is persistent and will survive a image pull and container re-create.

On 7/12/2023 at 11:11 AM, binhex said:

you only need to backup files/folders if you modified anything within the container, anything in /config is persistent and will survive a image pull and container re-create.

Thanks so much.  I did make some changes to the worlds and added some resource packs.

I'm still learning Docker volume mapping and have yet to find a good write-up on creating persistent volumes.  Should I use the config folder, or should I create a location on the array?

Appreciate all your hard work.

6 hours ago, Chester said:

I did make some changes to the worlds and added some resource packs.

if this was done by copying files to /config then there is nothing to worry about, /config is a bind mount to your hosts filesystem, so will be persistent.

I'm still learning Docker volume mapping and have yet to find a good write-up on creating persistent volumes.

Yeah you wont find a good write up for unraid as its rarely used (none of my images use volume mappings), instead bind mounts are used to persist data.

Should I use the config folder, or should I create a location on the array?

you are already using /config folder, when you create the container it will bind mount from a path on your host to /config, this folder holds all the data required to be persistent (worlds, behaviour packs, permissions etc). If you have a cache drive then locating /config on there will significantly improve performance, storing /config on the array is not ideal.

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason, my Minecraft server is no longer showing as available to connect to. Nothing has changed with my setup, as far as I know, however I did update Unraid but I'm not sure exactly when the Minecraft server stopped being available on the network, so I don't really know where to start with fixing it. Can anyone give me any advice as to how to get it working again?

• 1 month later...
Can anyone advise what the best way to troubleshoot would be? I cannot get the server to show to any devices on the network.
Got any vlans setup? Or multiple nics in your server? Also to confirm the clients are bedrock Minecraft not Java, right?

Sent from my 22021211RG using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, binhex said:

Got any vlans setup? Or multiple nics in your server? Also to confirm the clients are bedrock Minecraft not Java, right?

No vlans, no nics, all clients bedrock (mainly sons tablet and our phones). It was working great for a long time and we've managed to build a pretty cool world in there. Now it just isn't showing on any device on the network. I've tried reinstalling the container from previous install, also.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2021 at 9:37 PM, JoshFink said:

Well, I went through it and this seems to be 100% user error on my part. For anyone else that might make the same blunders, it was two-fold.

1. On iOS under Settings -> Privacy -> Local Network, I had Minecraft disabled from searching the local network so it couldn't find the servers. 
  2. In addition, it seems that if you have added the server under 'Servers' it will not show up under 'LAN Games' in the 'Friends' tab. 

Once I fixed both of those it showed up properly and works fine. 

Thank you sir I been trying to fix this for awhile now and you # 2 solution has seemingly fixed this for me.  Weird because I am using a tailscale address for the manually added server address but it still caused the conflict to where I could not see my LAN game in iOS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to reach / expose the bedrock edition launch script? it looks like 1.20.40.1 just came out, and I attempted to update via just tossing the server files into the appropriate appdata folder, but I think the server launch is overwriting it possibly? i guess related, is there a variable that can be exposed to have it target a specific release version on bedrock? so you wouldn't have to update the container each release - users could update the variable to latest / etc.

On 10/28/2023 at 5:53 PM, left-handed-welcome6439 said:

Is there any way to reach / expose the bedrock edition launch script? it looks like 1.20.40.1 just came out, and I attempted to update via just tossing the server files into the appropriate appdata folder, but I think the server launch is overwriting it possibly? i guess related, is there a variable that can be exposed to have it target a specific release version on bedrock? so you wouldn't have to update the container each release - users could update the variable to latest / etc.

you can see the versions as tags for the images, you can see the ful list of images here:- https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/binhex/arch-minecraftbedrockserver/tags?page=1&ordering=last_updated

if you want to use a specific version then append 

:<tag version>

to the repository for the container.

Has anyone experienced a consistent disconnect from the server?  About every 20 min. with no apparent reason the player is disconnected.  The CPU and machine overall seems to be idling.  I lowered a few settings in the server config file and changed compression to snappy but it still disconnects.  This is Bedrock and it does this on local lan and from the outside world as well.  Never had this problem until recently.  Had this container for about a year now.

Edited by Beardiful
12 hours ago, binhex said:

Nope, i run this myself, no disconnection issues, maybe network related, try a hard wired minecraft client to rule out wi-fi being the issue.

Its wired in so no wifi issue to be expected.  Do you use Cloudflare?  If no what do you use.  I find it interesting that I set up a Bedrock server on Ubuntu server an entire different device and it does the exact same thing.  So its not Binhex's container at all.  I don't suspect my router.  Maybe my ISP or Cloudflare is my guess.  Any ideas?

Edited by Beardiful
6 hours ago, Beardiful said:

Do you use Cloudflare?  If no what do you use. 

No cloudflare at all, i simply use a port forward for the few apps that need exposing for people outside of my family, as in Plex and Minecraft and then everything else is accessible via wireguard running on my pfsense router.

I think as long as you have regular backups of your world and force microsoft authentication then the risks are low, i have never had a griefer or hacker attack my server to date, you could employ 'wihte-list' of players so that only set accounts can connect for added security.

• 2 months later...
On 4/27/2023 at 7:56 AM, binhex said:

This is bedrock not Java, you need binhex-minecraftserver

It looks like i have the same error but are running java instead, how did you edit the script 

Screenshot 2024-01-12 160451.png

Screenshot 2024-01-12 160506.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I am hoping you can help. I installed the latest "binhex-minecraftbedrockserver" - and I can start it up and join it from my Windows PC

BUT: I can NOT make myself an OP. I am using 'op (mygamertag)' and get an error. I looked at all the documentation and watched some videos, and can't see what I am missing. Can someone help? 

Also: Is there a recommended GUI front end for server management for bedrock? I'd prefer that vs editing a file on the server.

Edited by Nexus