Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

Edit:  I've just tried to change the mount point, and the change doesn't stick.

The mount point cannot be changed from /mnt/disks/.

So it is necessary to set "Enable disk shares:" to "yes" (ignoring all the advice not to do so) in order to access an ISO over nfs?

The path /mnt/disks would not normally be a part of the disk shares.  Are you saying that /mnt/disks is controlled by "Enable disk shares:"?

Found a bug with NFS shares with spaces.

To reproduce add two shares with similar names, example:

//192.168.1.1/Movies

//192.168.1.1/Movies - other

They will get mounted together and be shown like this:

/mnt/disks/192.168.1.1_Movies_-_other /mnt/disks/192.168.1.1_Movies

The issue is if you try to rename the mount point from /mnt/disks/original to /mnt/disks/somethingnew, it always reverts back to /mnt/disks/original  (at least in the 2016.02.29 version, I haven't updated to today's version yet)

The path /mnt/disks would not normally be a part of the disk shares.  Are you saying that /mnt/disks is controlled by "Enable disk shares:"?

Well. I'm guessing that is the reason I'm not seeing the iso file share exported.  I can access the share via smb, but not via nfs, and it doesn't appear in the exports file:

root@Tower:~# cat /etc/exports
# See exports(5) for a description.
# This file contains a list of all directories exported to other computers.
# It is used by rpc.nfsd and rpc.mountd.

"/mnt/user/Downloaded" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=110 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/ISO Library" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=120 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/Karaoke" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=111 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/Movies" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=100 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/Music" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=102 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/Photos" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=103 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/ReadyTorrents" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=116 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/Scans" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=121 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/Series" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=106 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/Torrents" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=109 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/UMC" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=105 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/UserHome" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=112 172.22.1.12(sec=sys,rw)
"/mnt/user/Videos" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=104 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/appdataX" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=117 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/cache_only" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=114 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/dnsmasqX" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=119 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/hide" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=118 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/mysql" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=108 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/tftproot" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=115 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/xbmc" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=107 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/docker" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=220 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
root@Tower:~# 

and I do have "Enable NFS export?" set to "Yes" in the Unassigned Devices Settings.

Do I need to create a script in order for the nfs share to appear?  That isn't necessary for a physical drive to be shared - eg /mnt/docker

I do find it confusing that I have to click the button "Add Remote SMB Share" in order to add a remote nfs share!

You've added features that are very cool but do take up extra vertical space on the Main screen, requiring more scrolling now than in the past, between the array listing at top and the array operation buttons at the bottom.  I was wondering if a little vertical compression was possible.  At the moment, I don't have a single object of any of the 3 types, and probably won't use the ISO or SMB sections for awhile.  Each section has 4 fat lines, and a slimmer white space line for separation between the sections.  If a section does not have objects, could the header line be skipped, saving one vertical line?  And the "Add [object]" button, taking up a whole line, could it be moved to the right side of the section title line, or the right or left of the "No [objects]" message (saving another vertical line)?  And maybe the "No [objects]" message could be moved to the middle of the section title line?  Or add options to turn off whole sections.  Just minor ideas, you can do whatever you want.  It's not that important.

Try turning off the 'Complete' switch at the top.  It will turn off all but the physical devices table.

So that's what that 'Complete' switch is for!  I've always wondered.  Would you consider adding a note to the help?  It does do practically everything I asked for, so thank you!

Added to help text in next release.

//192.168.1.1/Movies

I'll work on this.  I know what this is.

The issue is if you try to rename the mount point from /mnt/disks/original to /mnt/disks/somethingnew, it always reverts back to /mnt/disks/original  (at least in the 2016.02.29 version, I haven't updated to today's version yet)

It works fine for me.  Once you make the change, be sure to press enter for it to take.

Well. I'm guessing that is the reason I'm not seeing the iso file share exported.  I can access the share via smb, but not via nfs, and it doesn't appear in the exports file:

root@Tower:~# cat /etc/exports
# See exports(5) for a description.
# This file contains a list of all directories exported to other computers.
# It is used by rpc.nfsd and rpc.mountd.

"/mnt/user/Downloaded" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=110 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/ISO Library" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=120 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/Karaoke" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=111 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/Movies" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=100 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/Music" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=102 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/Photos" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=103 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/ReadyTorrents" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=116 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/Scans" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=121 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/Series" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=106 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/Torrents" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=109 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/UMC" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=105 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/UserHome" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=112 172.22.1.12(sec=sys,rw)
"/mnt/user/Videos" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=104 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/appdataX" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=117 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/cache_only" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=114 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/dnsmasqX" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=119 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/hide" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=118 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/mysql" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=108 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/tftproot" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=115 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/user/xbmc" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=107 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
"/mnt/docker" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=220 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
root@Tower:~# 

and I do have "Enable NFS export?" set to "Yes" in the Unassigned Devices Settings.

Do I need to create a script in order for the nfs share to appear?  That isn't necessary for a physical drive to be shared - eg /mnt/docker

I do find it confusing that I have to click the button "Add Remote SMB Share" in order to add a remote nfs share!

This is a bug in SMB/NFS mounts and iso mounts.  Fixed in the next release.

I will also change 'SMB Shares' to 'SMB/NFS Shares' to minimize confusion.

Well, currently if you type a path that doesn't exist, it is a little confusing because there is no feedback.

Entering an iso file that does not exist will now generate a log entry.

Thank you for this. It took me a bit to figure out how to mount my ISO, but having no feedback was a bit confusing.

//192.168.1.1/Movies

I'll work on this.  I know what this is.

Fixed in the next release.

It works fine for me.  Once you make the change, be sure to press enter for it to take.

OK, that was it.  I was clicking elsewhere rather than pressing enter.  Thanks :)

UD Doesn't load NFS shares when trying to add a NFS mount point as of 2016.03.01a.  (click load shares and the box refreshes with nothing)

2016.02.27 works on another machine. Is there away to roll back plugins?

Close the dialog and open it again.  It should then refresh.  I am seeing this behavior and am working on it.

UD Doesn't load NFS shares when trying to add a NFS mount point as of 2016.03.01a.  (click load shares and the box refreshes with nothing)

Close the dialog and open it again.  It should then refresh.  I am seeing this behavior and am working on it.

I had tried that a couple times but apparently not enough. Took about 3/4 times for them to show up the first time. Showed up the first time every time after that.

But it looks like I'm still having a problem mounting shares as I reported.

//192.168.1.1/Movies

I've removed the plugin and rebooted the server, no change.

EDIT

I actually didn't realize that they actually get mounted correctly, even in previous versions. But they still look to be mounted together and are tied together in the gui. If I mount one it actually mounts both.

I had tried that a couple times but apparently not enough. Took about 3/4 times for them to show up the first time. Showed up the first time every time after that.

But it looks like I'm still having a problem mounting shares as I reported.

//192.168.1.1/Movies

I've removed the plugin and rebooted the server, no change.

EDIT

I actually didn't realize that they actually get mounted correctly, even in previous versions. But they still look to be mounted together and are tied together in the gui. If I mount one it actually mounts both.

Both these issues will be fixed in today's release.

You're a machine .... and you're doing a great job supporting this plugin!  8)

100% Agree!

I've also noticed that if you add many NFS shares in a row they will eventually stop exporting them correctly. I'll have to play around to recreate the problem. But I did find out a reboot corrects this. So for example, if you are setting up a bunch of NFS shares, adding them one by one while the array is up seems to cause them not to work properly. Easy solution is to setup all the shares you want at once, set them to auto mount and reboot. When starting the array all get mounted and exported correctly.

You're a machine .... and you're doing a great job supporting this plugin!  8)

100% Agree!

I've also noticed that if you add many NFS shares in a row they will eventually stop exporting them correctly. I'll have to play around to recreate the problem. But I did find out a reboot corrects this. So for example, if you are setting up a bunch of NFS shares, adding them one by one while the array is up seems to cause them not to work properly. Easy solution is to setup all the shares you want at once, set them to auto mount and reboot. When starting the array all get mounted and exported correctly.

I've not seen any issues with NFS sharing.  Let me know if you continue to have problems.  Provide more information if you can.

Hi,

Maybe it's just my setup, but after installing this plugin, the main / array operation tab is somewhat corrupted at the bottom. The bottom line is a little bit of the page and when stopping / restarting the array, the progress tekst is not displayed fully.

I know it's just esthetics, but just a little bit annoying and probably a very simple things to fix.

Thanks.

Hi,

Maybe it's just my setup, but after installing this plugin, the main / array operation tab is somewhat corrupted at the bottom. The bottom line is a little bit of the page and when stopping / restarting the array, the progress tekst is not displayed fully.

I know it's just esthetics, but just a little bit annoying and probably a very simple things to fix.

Thanks.

I'm not seeing this issue.  Try clearing the browser cache and possibly a different browser to see if it continues.

Thanks for the plugin, I have a issue though.

I added a Remote SMB, (just some movies on another computer)

I added it to PLEX docker, but within PLEX it would see the Remote SMB DIR, But it will not see whats in it, so it can't see the Movies within it.

I doubled checked the Plex docker to make sure it's correct and it is.

It mounts fine I can WinSCP into the unraid and go into /mnt/disks/XBMC-PC_e/Movies2  I see everything in the DIR and copy/past/move everything etc

Don't know what I did wrong.

I also didn't add any scripts to the Remote SMB, do I need to?

Thanks