[Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...

6 minutes ago, cinereus said:

Sorry, I didn't create that and I only can recommend that you reach out to 0xFoxx because over on GitHub.

He issued a Pull Request to my repo to add the documentation, maybe you can comment on GitHub in the Pull Request and tag him.

I can't help here much because I have no Qnap NAS on hand to test.

6 minutes ago, cinereus said:

I have cd /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0 and cd /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1 but neither have any pwn entries in them.

However if you don't have anything in there the chances are high that you NAS is not supported or has a newer not supported chip, but I could be wrong about that since I don't know how these NAS work.

• Like 2

Apologies I stupidly restarted the server and could not get the diagnostics, I will have to wait a few hours for it to happen again and post back, all the fans are showing and reporting on the dash.

I still check the log and used the refrence time from netdata which showed when they turned off with nothing delayed

The fans on that particluar sensor have stopped twice in the past couple of days,

I have attached my current diagnostic and will report back as soon as I can,

Thanks

random-diagnostics-20231219-1523.zip

24 minutes ago, Random Mike said:

I hope this helps.

Nope, nothing in your logs.

Anyways,  please remove this line immediately from your syslinux.conf and reboot:

acpi_enforce_resources=lax

First of all this is really dangerous to your hardware and secondly that is not necessary with the IT87 plugin at all because it works completely differently!

If that issue persists after you removed that line I would recommend that you create a post in the Dynamix Autofan plugin support thread.

Will do, I removed Dynamix Autofan plugin and still same issue, and also tried with and without the acpi_enforce_resources=lax same issue, I moved my hard drive fans to the CPU OPT header on the other sensor and these all stayed on only the fan on sensor it8792 turned off.

I think I may have to move the remaining fan to the working sensor.

4 minutes ago, Random Mike said:

I think I may have to move the remaining fan to the working sensor.

Are you sure that the sensors stop working? Did you ever issue sensors after the fans stopped spinning?

If the sensors are working properly this is more a Autofan issue than from the plugin/driver. However this is the first time that I hear from this issue and this could also indicated already a hardware failure.

36 minutes ago, Random Mike said:

Autofan is uninstalled, the fan stopped working again this moring with the sensor showing 0 rpm and just check it started back up again at 15:34. if I restart the server the fan spins up and is shown in bios as well as system temp or I can run pwmconfig and it will spin back up as well.

Have you yet tried to uninstall the IT87 plugin to?

Maybe it is not related to any plugin and is a hardware thing?

I will try that next, if i cant get it to work ill move it over to the other sensor, just thought it a bit random if its a hardware problem for the fan to run for hours and shut its self down and start again hours later, as mentioned pwmconfig will start it back up again.

I have added a screen shot of my sensors for extra information

Thanks for your help.

Merged_document.png

28 minutes ago, Random Mike said:

I will try that next, if i cant get it to work ill move it over to the other sensor, just thought it a bit random if its a hardware problem for the fan to run for hours and shut its self down and start again hours later, as mentioned pwmconfig will start it back up again.

The IT87 plugin does nothing on it's own, it only installs and loads the driver.

Hello there, and thank-you ich777 for your plugging and super hardwork.

I am trying to use hardware acceleration with gpu passthrough for my streaming Jellyfin docker image. I have been struggling now for many days and I am now seeking help from you guys. 

What have I tried:

I have tried to go through many threads on Unraid forum or Reddit, but somewhat, many of them don't seem to be related to my setup. I found the following tutorial, and it seems close from my goal, but didn't work in the end. Somewhat, even after installing radeonTop plugging, the path /dev/dri doesn't exist. I have unRaid version 6.12.6, with AMD Ryzen 7 5700G.

You can fin bellow my PCI Devices and IOMMU Groups settings:

Screenshot-2023-12-23-at-18-08-43.png

I also downloaded the gpu plugin, but as you can see, there is no data showing up

Screenshot-2023-12-23-at-18-15-31.png

As I said, when I am doing: 

nas:~# ls -al /dev/dri
/bin/ls: cannot access '/dev/dri': No such file or directory

What can be the next steps? Where can I go from here? 
Thank-you so much for the help you can give me,

Cheers,

Arthur

1 hour ago, Rathur said:

I have tried to go through many threads on Unraid forum or Reddit, but somewhat, many of them don't seem to be related to my setup. I found the following tutorial, and it seems close from my goal, but didn't work in the end. Somewhat, even after installing radeonTop plugging, the path /dev/dri doesn't exist. I have unRaid version 6.12.6, with AMD Ryzen 7 5700G.

Please unbind you iGPU from VFIO on the System page since if you bind it to VFIO Unraid can't "see" your iGPU because you reserve it for usage in VMs.

After unbinding it reboot and you will have the directory /dev/dri on your Server.

1 hour ago, Rathur said:

Jellyfin docker image

Please make sure that you are using the official one from the repository: jellyfin/jellyfin

• Like 1
On 7/30/2023 at 5:09 PM, Terebi said:

@ich777 I have an asustor AS6704T that Im trying to get fan control on. Sensors-detect says ITE IT8625E Super IO Sensors'     (address 0xa30, driver `to-be-written')

After installing your ITE driver, The System Temp plugin sees an IT8625 fan which reports its at 0%/800 rpm.   However, the fan control plugin does not list any pwm, nor does pwmconfig.

I found these instructions for getting pwm control on debian, which uses a modified ITE driver. I do not know if it is the same source your driver is built from. I was going to build it myself, but the devpack is not longer supported, and my linux knowledge is somewhat limited. https://gist.github.com/johndavisnz/b5aae0236141666a77aac094701d7839

Ive also found this, which refers to some kernel drivers for it87. https://github.com/mafredri/asustor-platform-driver

Any assistance you can render in getting me fan control would be deeply appreciated (and compensated?)  My cpu temps are regularly climging up to 95c, and I think its because the fan is only  spinning at its lowest speed. 

I am working on switching my new Asustor AS6704T over to Unraid.  I found Terebi's comments on the fan control. I used some of the suggestions and have the fan control script running for now. However, I also looked at the Github link from mafredri. That looks like the ultimate solution for the Asustor NAS systems running Unraid.  Mafredri's "asustor-platform-driver" will address the fan control and the LCD screen and the LED lights on the front to give full functionality of the hardware like the Asustor ADM system does. 

I used the IT87 plugin that @ich777 provides to get the fan control working.  However, if I want to implement the full "asustor-platform-driver" I will need to get the updated IT87 code in a plugin. I'm not familiar with the process to create the plugins, and I started looking at the links on the forum for it. I will need to do some learning  before I can get this point. The gpio will also need to be used for the LEDs.

From mafredri's Github page the following note along with make and install lines are given:

Note: The following dependencies from the mainline linux kernel are required, if they're not included by your distribution you may need to compile them yourself (note that some modules are only required on specific ASUSTOR models):

gpio-ich (AS6)

hwmon-vid (for the contained asustor-it87 module)

It would seem like this "asustor-platform-driver" would be a useful plugin for a lot of people using the Asustor hardware. It covers quite a few models. Is this something that may go into a future version?

1 hour ago, KO-RAM2023 said:

It would seem like this "asustor-platform-driver" would be a useful plugin for a lot of people using the Asustor hardware. It covers quite a few models. Is this something that may go into a future version?

This needs to be a separate plugin and is nothing that I would like to implement in the existing IT87 plugin since these are basically two different things.

Sure I can help with the driver package and compilation. Are you on Unraid 6.12.6?

Give me a few days please.

@Terebi, @somebody are you interested in maintaining the plugin (I can of course help with creating it), the compilation can be implemented in my toolchain so that it automatically get new packages every time a new Unraid version is released.

12 hours ago, ich777 said:

Sure I can help with the driver package and compilation. Are you on Unraid 6.12.6?

Give me a few days please.

Yes, I'm on 6.12.6.  Help is very much appreciated when you can. I've worked with several version of Linux in the past, but I'm no expert.  This is my first working with Unraid, so I have a lot to learn. Thanks!

On 12/31/2023 at 8:18 PM, KO-RAM2023 said:

Yes, I'm on 6.12.6.  Help is very much appreciated when you can. I've worked with several version of Linux in the past, but I'm no expert.  This is my first working with Unraid, so I have a lot to learn. Thanks!

The main issue is that I don't have such hardware on hand and it is really hard for me to support such specific plugins, I can of course create such a plugin but then I can give no support and have to maybe deprecate it for newer Kernels if it isn't working anymore.

Anyways, I'll report back when I got a plugin package ready.

Just want to say a big thank you to OP for the fan control plugin for the QNAP TS-464. I'm coming down to the last week of my Unraid trial and after finally completing a big data migration, I got my Plex library migrated, and everything was looking great...except that I had constant heat warning for all of my spinning drives and even my SSD at times, and I was worried I might not be able to stick with it if I couldn't figure out the root cause. Searched around and found that Unraid can't natively communicate with the QNAP's fan controller, and that in turn lead me to the QNAP EC plugin. Thanks to your clear instructions, I was able to get it up and running in just a few minutes, and in under an hour, my SSD is back to a safe temp, and my spinning drive are down 4+ degrees already. This may have saved my Unraid instance. Thanks so much for the hard work on this 🙏

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Trunkton said:

Hoping to see QNAP-EC support for 6.7.0 please.

Sorry but this Kernel version is not supported by Unraid nor is it used in any Unraid version.

I just compile the plugin packages for Kernel versions that ship with Unraid.

If you are using a custom Unraid Kernel then you are on your own, however you could also compile the module yourself. ;)