[Support] Paperless-ngx Docker

Hi Everyone,
This Week i get in some trouble with my paperless-ngx Docker.
I can not start it anymore i always get this Error but my Array has 2TB Free and my Appdata/VM NVMe has 700GB left.
Anyone has an idea what can i do?

Attached you can see a Screenshot from the dozzle log.image.thumb.png.1cd0c6e2d5226fed95e829b9dec44f3e.png

also create a Discussion on Github.

hope someone can help me.

also delete the Docker Container and restored with the Template without success..

https://github.com/paperless-ngx/paperless-ngx/discussions/4955#discussioncomment-7832292

EDIT:

Got it after some huge Research.

My Share Minimum Free Space set to 500GB after seit this to 1KB everything is working now.

image.thumb.jpeg.193b11a221d5b90bbc8e89c55992f5f5.jpeg

Edited by V1P_J0K3R

Hi all. Hoping someone can help me figure out what is wrong. I can't get paperless to start.

1 - Installed Redis. Seems to be up and running.

image.png.a4c9891be8c622efb110ef8bc9287a27.png

2 - Installed paperless-ngx (Selfhosters version).

image.thumb.png.603425e5a3d0572396abbb8c5af8672f.png

I get no errors either during install or after making a change and hitting DONE. The paths are good and valid. However, whenever I start paperless, it says started but as soon as I refresh the Docker Containers page, it is back to stopped. This is what I get if i click paperless LOGS:

image.thumb.png.cc6dfb2957a87de23531b4dca92334ca.png

Any ideas? What information do you need me to post and where can I grab it? I'll gladly provide as much details as I can.

5 minutes ago, NMGMarques said:

Hi all. Hoping someone can help me figure out what is wrong. I can't get paperless to start.

1 - Installed Redis. Seems to be up and running.

image.png.a4c9891be8c622efb110ef8bc9287a27.png

2 - Installed paperless-ngx (Selfhosters version).

image.thumb.png.603425e5a3d0572396abbb8c5af8672f.png

I get no errors either during install or after making a change and hitting DONE. The paths are good and valid. However, whenever I start paperless, it says started but as soon as I refresh the Docker Containers page, it is back to stopped. This is what I get if i click paperless LOGS:

image.thumb.png.cc6dfb2957a87de23531b4dca92334ca.png

Any ideas? What information do you need me to post and where can I grab it? I'll gladly provide as much details as I can.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/121075-support-paperless-ngx-docker/?do=findComment&comment=1333292

Need Help with paperless-ngx Docker Container Error: Missing Database Table

Hello everyone,

I'm encountering an issue with my paperless-ngx Docker container on my UnRaid system and need some assistance. I'm trying to run paperless-ngx along with its dependency `redis`. However, when starting up paperless-ngx, I'm getting an error regarding a missing database table (documents_sender).

Here's the relevant error message from the log (I will attach the full log output to this post):

django.db.utils.OperationalError: no such table: documents_sender

According to the log, it seems like there might be an issue with database migrations, but it's a fresh install. I could not even add a user to the docker with `python manage.py createsuperuser`. I've already tried some standard troubleshooting steps such as restarting the containers and reinstalling redis and paperless-ngx, but to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues or can offer any tips on how to resolve this problem? Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Here's the full log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/backends/utils.py", line 89, in _execute
    return self.cursor.execute(sql, params)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/backends/sqlite3/base.py", line 328, in execute
    return super().execute(query, params)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
sqlite3.OperationalError: no such table: documents_sender

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "/usr/src/paperless/src/manage.py", line 10, in <module>
    execute_from_command_line(sys.argv)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 442, in execute_from_command_line
    utility.execute()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 436, in execute
    self.fetch_command(subcommand).run_from_argv(self.argv)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py", line 412, in run_from_argv
    self.execute(*args, **cmd_options)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py", line 458, in execute
    output = self.handle(*args, **options)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py", line 106, in wrapper
    res = handle_func(*args, **kwargs)
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/core/management/commands/migrate.py", line 356, in handle
    post_migrate_state = executor.migrate(
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/migrations/executor.py", line 135, in migrate
    state = self._migrate_all_forwards(
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/migrations/executor.py", line 167, in _migrate_all_forwards
    state = self.apply_migration(
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/migrations/executor.py", line 252, in apply_migration
    state = migration.apply(state, schema_editor)
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/migrations/migration.py", line 132, in apply
    operation.database_forwards(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/migrations/operations/models.py", line 440, in database_forwards
    schema_editor.alter_db_table(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/backends/sqlite3/schema.py", line 120, in alter_db_table
    super().alter_db_table(model, old_db_table, new_db_table)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/backends/base/schema.py", line 627, in alter_db_table
    self.execute(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/backends/base/schema.py", line 201, in execute
    cursor.execute(sql, params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/backends/utils.py", line 67, in execute
    return self._execute_with_wrappers(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/backends/utils.py", line 80, in _execute_with_wrappers
    return executor(sql, params, many, context)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/backends/utils.py", line 84, in _execute
    with self.db.wrap_database_errors:
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/utils.py", line 91, in __exit__
    raise dj_exc_value.with_traceback(traceback) from exc_value
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/backends/utils.py", line 89, in _execute
    return self.cursor.execute(sql, params)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/backends/sqlite3/base.py", line 328, in execute
    return super().execute(query, params)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Paperless-ngx docker container starting...
Mapping UID and GID for paperless:paperless to 99:100
Creating directory /tmp/paperless
Adjusting permissions of paperless files. This may take a while.
Waiting for Redis...
Connected to Redis broker.
Apply database migrations...
Operations to perform:
  Apply all migrations: admin, auth, authtoken, contenttypes, django_celery_results, documents, guardian, paperless_mail, sessions
Running migrations:
  Applying documents.0011_auto_20160303_1929...

6 hours ago, NMGMarques said:

Are Office documents not supported? Trying to upload any Office docs gives me a File type application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet not supported or similar error, depending on filetype. This particular one was an Excel file. 

You additionally need tika and gotenberg as unraid Apps. After installing you need top add the url of both to paperless config. Check the documentation for Details 

On 12/18/2023 at 10:25 PM, madfish said:

Need Help with paperless-ngx Docker Container Error: Missing Database Table

Hello everyone,

I'm encountering an issue with my paperless-ngx Docker container on my UnRaid system and need some assistance. I'm trying to run paperless-ngx along with its dependency `redis`. However, when starting up paperless-ngx, I'm getting an error regarding a missing database table (documents_sender).

Here's the relevant error message from the log (I will attach the full log output to this post):

According to the log, it seems like there might be an issue with database migrations, but it's a fresh install. I could not even add a user to the docker with `python manage.py createsuperuser`. I've already tried some standard troubleshooting steps such as restarting the containers and reinstalling redis and paperless-ngx, but to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues or can offer any tips on how to resolve this problem? Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Nevermind, it works finally:

I must have messed up something which is not recoverable by deleting or re-installing containers. In fact I had to setup the entire server again to be able to successfully install paperless-ngx. Maybe there's a more surgical procedure to fix this, but I couldn't figure out how. So I leave this here, just in case someone googles `no such table: documents_sender`

Cheers

MadFish

I started having issues with Paperless-ngx after a year with no problems. I currently get this error when attempting to start Paperless-ngx container. I believe this to be the result of a recent update.

It seems like the this error has solutions; however, I do not want to lose access to all the files I scanned over the course of the year.

django.db.utils.OperationalError: table "documents_consumptiontemplate_assign_custom_fields" already exists

Has anyone run into this issue?

Container Log on startup:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/backends/utils.py", line 80, in _execute_with_wrappers
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/backends/utils.py", line 84, in _execute
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/utils.py", line 91, in __exit__
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/backends/utils.py", line 87, in _execute
    return self.cursor.execute(sql)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/backends/sqlite3/base.py", line 324, in execute
    return super().execute(query)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
django.db.utils.OperationalError: table "documents_consumptiontemplate_assign_custom_fields" already exists
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/backends/utils.py", line 87, in _execute
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/backends/sqlite3/base.py", line 324, in execute
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
sqlite3.OperationalError: table "documents_consumptiontemplate_assign_custom_fields" already exists

File "/usr/src/paperless/src/manage.py", line 10, in <module>
    execute_from_command_line(sys.argv)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 442, in execute_from_command_line
    utility.execute()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 436, in execute
    self.fetch_command(subcommand).run_from_argv(self.argv)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py", line 412, in run_from_argv
    self.execute(*args, **cmd_options)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py", line 458, in execute
    output = self.handle(*args, **options)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py", line 106, in wrapper
    res = handle_func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/core/management/commands/migrate.py", line 356, in handle
    post_migrate_state = executor.migrate(
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/migrations/executor.py", line 135, in migrate
    state = self._migrate_all_forwards(
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/migrations/executor.py", line 167, in _migrate_all_forwards
    state = self.apply_migration(
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/migrations/executor.py", line 252, in apply_migration
    state = migration.apply(state, schema_editor)
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/migrations/migration.py", line 132, in apply
    operation.database_forwards(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/migrations/operations/fields.py", line 108, in database_forwards
    schema_editor.add_field(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/backends/sqlite3/schema.py", line 385, in add_field
    self.create_model(field.remote_field.through)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/backends/base/schema.py", line 451, in create_model
    self.execute(sql, params or None)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/backends/base/schema.py", line 201, in execute
    cursor.execute(sql, params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/django/db/backends/utils.py", line 67, in execute
    return self._execute_with_wrappers(
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  Applying documents.1042_consumptiontemplate_assign_custom_fields_and_more...Paperless-ngx docker container starting...
Creating directory /tmp/paperless
Adjusting permissions of paperless files. This may take a while.
Waiting for Redis...
Connected to Redis broker.
Apply database migrations...
Operations to perform:
  Apply all migrations: admin, auth, authtoken, contenttypes, django_celery_results, documents, guardian, paperless_mail, sessions
Running migrations:
  Applying documents.1042_consumptiontemplate_assign_custom_fields_and_more...

Edited by Bookingyo

Hey Guys,

I can't login in paperless with nginx proxy over my subdomain. This only happens when an access list is set in nginx. After entering the credentials for paperless the nginx authentication pop up again and keeps appearing in an endless loop. At the same time  paperless reports that the login failed.

grafik.png.4959dca072311f9bd618d8047940f96c.png

grafik.thumb.png.646fefb508eef6eb0d4e66b18954404c.png

Paperless_Url for the subdomain is set.

grafik.png.74993153de3f88f606d607458efe7b30.png

If I use the subdomain without nginx´s extra autentification the login for paperless works just fine.

Is there another variable I need to create?

Greetings

Hello,
First of all: Happy New Year!

I have recently started working with Paperless-ngx. So far everything is going well and I think I can use it to design my "digital workflow".

However, I have run into a small problem: I want to import mails without attachments from a specific folder in a mailbox. Basically, this already works fine with mails with PDF attachments.
But when I want to import pure emails as eml, there is an error:

Error while converting email to PDF: [Errno -2] Name or service not known

Of course I have Tika and Gotenberg running as Docker and so far everything looks fine: 

image.png.3d86b73bc9c92a638e082f1f24dd3013.png

I have of course also customized the docker configuration of paperless-ngx (PAPERLESS_TIKA_GOTENBERG_ENDPOINT, PAPERLESS_TIKA_ENABLED and PAPERLESS_TIKA_ENDPOINT):

docker run
  -d
  --name='paperless-ngx'
  --net='bridge'
  -e TZ="Europe/Berlin"
  -e HOST_OS="Unraid"
  -e HOST_HOSTNAME="nas"
  -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="paperless-ngx"
  -e 'PAPERLESS_REDIS'='redis://192.168.2.4:6379'
  -e 'PAPERLESS_OCR_LANGUAGE'='deu'
  -e 'PAPERLESS_OCR_LANGUAGES'='deu'
  -e 'PAPERLESS_FILENAME_FORMAT'='{created}-{correspondent}-{title}'
  -e 'PAPERLESS_TIME_ZONE'='Europe/Berlin'
  -e 'PAPERLESS_FILENAME_FORMAT'='{correspondent}/{created_year}/{created} {document_type}'
  -e 'USERMAP_UID'='99'
  -e 'USERMAP_GID'='100'
  -e 'PAPERLESS_THREADS_PER_WORKER'='2'
  -e 'PAPERLESS_TASK_WORKERS'='2'
  -e 'PAPERLESS_TIKA_GOTENBERG_ENDPOINT'='http:/192.168.2.4:3003'
  -e 'PAPERLESS_TIKA_ENABLED'='1'
  -e 'PAPERLESS_TIKA_ENDPOINT'='http://192.168.2.4:9998'
  -e 'PAPERLESS_IGNORE_DATES'=''
  -e 'PAPERLESS_CONSUMER_POLLING'='0'
  -e 'PAPERLESS_SECRET_KEY'='e11fl1oa-*ytql8p()07fbj4dzehd+n7k&q5+$1kl7i+mge=ee'
  -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman
  -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:8000]'
  -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/selfhosters/unRAID-CA-templates/master/templates/img/paperless.png'
  -p '8000:8000/tcp'
  -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/paperless-ngx/data':'/usr/src/paperless/data':'rw'
  -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/paperless-ngx/':'/usr/src/paperless/media':'rw'
  -v '/mnt/user/data/Dokumente/Eingang/2paperless-ngx/':'/usr/src/paperless/consume':'rw'
  -v '/mnt/user/data/Dokumente/Ausgang/from_paperless-ngx/':'/usr/src/paperless/export':'rw' 'ghcr.io/paperless-ngx/paperless-ngx'

Unfortunately I get an error message when paperless-ngx tries to convert the eml into a PDF. Here is an excerpt from the console:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/asgiref/sync.py", line 349, in main_wrap
    raise exc_info[1]
  File "/usr/src/paperless/src/documents/consumer.py", line 446, in try_consume_file
    document_parser.parse(self.path, mime_type, self.filename)
  File "/usr/src/paperless/src/paperless_mail/parsers.py", line 166, in parse
    self.archive_path = self.generate_pdf(mail)
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/paperless/src/paperless_mail/parsers.py", line 206, in generate_pdf
    mail_pdf_file = self.generate_pdf_from_mail(mail_message)
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/paperless/src/paperless_mail/parsers.py", line 327, in generate_pdf_from_mail
    raise ParseError(
documents.parsers.ParseError: Error while converting email to PDF: [Errno -2] Name or service not known

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/celery/app/trace.py", line 477, in trace_task
    R = retval = fun(*args, **kwargs)
                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/celery/app/trace.py", line 760, in __protected_call__
    return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/paperless/src/documents/tasks.py", line 167, in consume_file
    document = Consumer().try_consume_file(
  File "/usr/src/paperless/src/documents/consumer.py", line 474, in try_consume_file
    self._fail(
  File "/usr/src/paperless/src/documents/consumer.py", line 115, in _fail
    raise ConsumerError(f"{self.filename}: {log_message or message}") from exception
	documents.consumer.ConsumerError: Ihr Zählerstand.eml: Error occurred while consuming document Ihr Zählerstand.eml: Error while converting email to PDF: [Errno -2] Name or service not known

Does anyone here have a clever idea?

Hi there,

I am facing some issues with Gotenberg & Tika as well.

Docker:

1739773772_Bildschirmfoto2024-01-01um19_39_42.png.3726128c10cdfb5d96781f7f3381e5d0.png

Paperless:

96392763_Bildschirmfoto2024-01-01um19_40_46.thumb.png.ec6ba0af15eda76f605674c782f60de6.png

I tried using the IP address, too (http://192.168.0.223:9998/ and :3000/)

When I upload a docx I get:

1474342662_Bildschirmfoto2024-01-01um19_42_28.png.f8ac4bb532afd5a84ae84dfd90668c28.png

documents.parsers.ParseError: Could not parse /tmp/paperless/paperless-ngxhc_f5mdb/demo.docx with tika server at http://localhost:9998: [Errno 111] Connection refused

Looks like Paperless always try to open localhost instead of the Docker container name nor the IP address....

What is wrong?

Thank you and a happy new year.

Br Chris

• Upvote 1

Hi,

I am lost. Paperless-ngx has worked for a couple of weeks without an issue.

But now it has lost the connections to some imported documents and cannot display its contents.

The console says.

[WARNING] [django.request] Not Found: /api/documents/362/preview/

Also if I habe tried to download the document and receive "HTTP 404 Not Found" from the Django Rest Framework.
I have checked the folder location in the media folder. All files still exist in the correct place.

The bug is affecting all files which have been uploaded before the 15.12.2023.

In the Django Meta Data I receive 

HTTP 200 OK
Allow: GET, HEAD, OPTIONS
Content-Type: application/json
Vary: Accept

{
    "original_checksum": "6ef26d3b6cbb34d8b1ee8b5451c55826",
    "original_size": 136386,
    "original_mime_type": "application/pdf",
    "media_filename": "Rechnungen/2023/2023-03-28 HM Hutschienenschalter.pdf",
    "has_archive_version": true,
    "original_metadata": [],
    "archive_checksum": "333136c8353efe8a5e85bbeb57639442",
    "archive_media_filename": "Rechnungen/2023/2023-03-28 HM Hutschienenschalter.pdf",
    "original_filename": "2023-03-28 HM Hutschienenschalter.pdf",
    "lang": "de",
    "archive_size": null,
    "archive_metadata": null
}

the "media_filename" points at the correct file location.

What I did though, I deleted the archive folder. Maybe this was a mistake.
My environment variable PAPERLESS_OCR_SKIP_ARCHIVE_FILE has been set to "always" because  I did not want an archive.

Is there a trick to recover those faulty database?

Edited by Marty56

Use of Paperless Prometheus Exporter

Hi.. has anyone successfully used https://github.com/hansmi/prometheus-paperless-exporter (i.e. Docker at ghcr.io/hansmi/prometheus-paperless-exporter) in Unraid?

I could share my history of failed attempts, but likely that wont help anyone.

Only looking if someone has this working using standard Prometheus and Paperless containers.

If so, I would appreciate him/her sharing working settings, so I could use that as a basis.

THX

daNick

Hello,

maybe someone can help me. With some PDFs the consumption of Paperless fails with the following error message:

File "/usr/src/paperless/src/paperless_tesseract/parsers.py", line 376, in parse
    raise ParseError(
documents.parsers.ParseError: SubprocessOutputError: Ghostscript rasterizing failed. See logs for more information.

Or more detailed:

Spoiler

[2024-01-14 21:54:19,041] [INFO] [paperless.management.consumer] Adding /usr/src/paperless/consume/VR 1001148639.pdf to the task queue.
[2024-01-14 21:54:19,050] [INFO] [celery.worker.strategy] Task documents.tasks.consume_file[b5cb9d08-1033-477a-b069-c45d32c73a17] received
[2024-01-14 21:54:19,070] [INFO] [paperless.consumer] Consuming VR 1001148639.pdf
[2024-01-14 21:54:19,312] [INFO] [ocrmypdf._pipelines.ocr] Start processing 7 pages concurrently
[2024-01-14 21:54:19,313] [INFO] [ocrmypdf._pipeline] skipping all processing on this page
[2024-01-14 21:54:19,313] [INFO] [ocrmypdf._pipeline] skipping all processing on this page
[2024-01-14 21:54:19,331] [ERROR] [ocrmypdf._exec.ghostscript] Unrecoverable error: rangecheck in setscreenOperand stack:
    0.0755906  0  --nostringval--

[2024-01-14 21:54:19,333] [ERROR] [paperless.consumer] Error occurred while consuming document VR 1001148639.pdf: SubprocessOutputError: Ghostscript rasterizing failed. See logs for more information.
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ocrmypdf/_exec/ghostscript.py", line 137, in rasterize_pdf
    p = run(args_gs, stdout=PIPE, stderr=PIPE, check=True)
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ocrmypdf/subprocess/__init__.py", line 63, in run
    proc = subprocess_run(args, env=env, check=check, **kwargs)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/subprocess.py", line 571, in run
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, process.args,
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['gs', '-dQUIET', '-dSAFER', '-dBATCH', '-dNOPAUSE', '-dInterpolateControl=-1', '-sDEVICE=jpeggray', '-dFirstPage=2', '-dLastPage=2', '-r1.209525x1.209525', '-dPDFSTOPONERROR', '-o', '-', '-sstdout=%stderr', '-dAutoRotatePages=/None', '-f', '/tmp/ocrmypdf.io.rgmqpcmz/origin.pdf']' returned non-zero exit status 255.

File "/usr/src/paperless/src/paperless_tesseract/parsers.py", line 353, in parse
    ocrmypdf.ocr(**args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ocrmypdf/api.py", line 375, in ocr
    return run_pipeline(options=options, plugin_manager=plugin_manager)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ocrmypdf/_pipelines/ocr.py", line 225, in run_pipeline
    return _run_pipeline(options, plugin_manager)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ocrmypdf/_pipelines/ocr.py", line 192, in _run_pipeline
    optimize_messages = exec_concurrent(context, executor)
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ocrmypdf/_pipelines/ocr.py", line 119, in exec_concurrent
    executor(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ocrmypdf/_concurrent.py", line 74, in __call__
    self._execute(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ocrmypdf/builtin_plugins/concurrency.py", line 141, in _execute
    result = future.result()
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/concurrent/futures/_base.py", line 449, in result
    return self.__get_result()
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/concurrent/futures/_base.py", line 401, in __get_result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ocrmypdf/_pipelines/ocr.py", line 79, in _exec_page_sync
    ocr_image_out, pdf_page_from_image_out, orientation_correction = process_page(
                                                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ocrmypdf/_pipelines/_common.py", line 386, in process_page
    rasterize_preview_out = rasterize_preview(page_context.origin, page_context)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ocrmypdf/_pipeline.py", line 371, in rasterize_preview
    page_context.plugin_manager.hook.rasterize_pdf_page(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pluggy/_hooks.py", line 493, in __call__
    return self._hookexec(self.name, self._hookimpls, kwargs, firstresult)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pluggy/_manager.py", line 115, in _hookexec
    return self._inner_hookexec(hook_name, methods, kwargs, firstresult)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pluggy/_callers.py", line 113, in _multicall
    raise exception.with_traceback(exception.__traceback__)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pluggy/_callers.py", line 77, in _multicall
    res = hook_impl.function(*args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ocrmypdf/builtin_plugins/ghostscript.py", line 102, in rasterize_pdf_page
    ghostscript.rasterize_pdf(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ocrmypdf/_exec/ghostscript.py", line 140, in rasterize_pdf
    raise SubprocessOutputError('Ghostscript rasterizing failed') from e
ocrmypdf.exceptions.SubprocessOutputError: Ghostscript rasterizing failed

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/asgiref/sync.py", line 349, in main_wrap
    raise exc_info[1]
  File "/usr/src/paperless/src/documents/consumer.py", line 446, in try_consume_file
    document_parser.parse(self.working_copy, mime_type, self.filename)
  File "/usr/src/paperless/src/paperless_tesseract/parsers.py", line 376, in parse
    raise ParseError(
documents.parsers.ParseError: SubprocessOutputError: Ghostscript rasterizing failed. See logs for more information.
[2024-01-14 21:54:19,349] [ERROR] [celery.app.trace] Task documents.tasks.consume_file[b5cb9d08-1033-477a-b069-c45d32c73a17] raised unexpected: ConsumerError('VR 1001148639.pdf: Error occurred while consuming document VR 1001148639.pdf: SubprocessOutputError: Ghostscript rasterizing failed. See logs for more information.')
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ocrmypdf/_exec/ghostscript.py", line 137, in rasterize_pdf
    p = run(args_gs, stdout=PIPE, stderr=PIPE, check=True)
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ocrmypdf/subprocess/__init__.py", line 63, in run
    proc = subprocess_run(args, env=env, check=check, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/subprocess.py", line 571, in run
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, process.args,
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['gs', '-dQUIET', '-dSAFER', '-dBATCH', '-dNOPAUSE', '-dInterpolateControl=-1', '-sDEVICE=jpeggray', '-dFirstPage=2', '-dLastPage=2', '-r1.209525x1.209525', '-dPDFSTOPONERROR', '-o', '-', '-sstdout=%stderr', '-dAutoRotatePages=/None', '-f', '/tmp/ocrmypdf.io.rgmqpcmz/origin.pdf']' returned non-zero exit status 255.

File "/usr/src/paperless/src/paperless_tesseract/parsers.py", line 353, in parse
    ocrmypdf.ocr(**args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ocrmypdf/api.py", line 375, in ocr
    return run_pipeline(options=options, plugin_manager=plugin_manager)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ocrmypdf/_pipelines/ocr.py", line 225, in run_pipeline
    return _run_pipeline(options, plugin_manager)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ocrmypdf/_pipelines/ocr.py", line 192, in _run_pipeline
    optimize_messages = exec_concurrent(context, executor)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ocrmypdf/_pipelines/ocr.py", line 119, in exec_concurrent
    executor(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ocrmypdf/_concurrent.py", line 74, in __call__
    self._execute(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ocrmypdf/builtin_plugins/concurrency.py", line 141, in _execute
    result = future.result()
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/concurrent/futures/_base.py", line 449, in result
    return self.__get_result()
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/concurrent/futures/_base.py", line 401, in __get_result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ocrmypdf/_pipelines/ocr.py", line 79, in _exec_page_sync
    ocr_image_out, pdf_page_from_image_out, orientation_correction = process_page(
                                                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ocrmypdf/_pipelines/_common.py", line 386, in process_page
    rasterize_preview_out = rasterize_preview(page_context.origin, page_context)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ocrmypdf/_pipeline.py", line 371, in rasterize_preview
    page_context.plugin_manager.hook.rasterize_pdf_page(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pluggy/_hooks.py", line 493, in __call__
    return self._hookexec(self.name, self._hookimpls, kwargs, firstresult)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pluggy/_manager.py", line 115, in _hookexec
    return self._inner_hookexec(hook_name, methods, kwargs, firstresult)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pluggy/_callers.py", line 113, in _multicall
    raise exception.with_traceback(exception.__traceback__)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pluggy/_callers.py", line 77, in _multicall
    res = hook_impl.function(*args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ocrmypdf/builtin_plugins/ghostscript.py", line 102, in rasterize_pdf_page
    ghostscript.rasterize_pdf(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ocrmypdf/_exec/ghostscript.py", line 140, in rasterize_pdf
    raise SubprocessOutputError('Ghostscript rasterizing failed') from e
ocrmypdf.exceptions.SubprocessOutputError: Ghostscript rasterizing failed

raise exc_info[1]
    document_parser.parse(self.working_copy, mime_type, self.filename)
    raise ParseError(

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/celery/app/trace.py", line 477, in trace_task
    R = retval = fun(*args, **kwargs)
                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/celery/app/trace.py", line 760, in __protected_call__
    return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/paperless/src/documents/tasks.py", line 171, in consume_file
    document = Consumer().try_consume_file(
  File "/usr/src/paperless/src/documents/consumer.py", line 474, in try_consume_file
    self._fail(
  File "/usr/src/paperless/src/documents/consumer.py", line 116, in _fail
    raise ConsumerError(f"{self.filename}: {log_message or message}") from exception
documents.consumer.ConsumerError: VR 1001148639.pdf: Error occurred while consuming document VR 1001148639.pdf: SubprocessOutputError: Ghostscript rasterizing failed. See logs for more information.

On GitHub I came across that this is probably a problem with OCRmyPDF and that downgrading the OCRmyPDF version to Paperless helps. But is this even possible in the Unraid Docker container? And if so, how? Or does anyone have any other ideas on how to fix this? That way, I can ditch Paperless for now, which is a shame.

Thank you very much

Edited by vonwanja

Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out in hopes of finding assistance with an issue I'm facing. Although it's not directly related to Docker, I haven't been able to locate a specific forum for paperless queries. If you know of a more suitable place for this question, I'd greatly appreciate your guidance.

Here's my problem: I'm unable to receive emails from Outlook. Interestingly, Gmail functions properly. Even the mail test in the Outlook settings shows no issues.

The error I'm encountering is in paperless. It appears to be a character set issue, but I'm currently using UTF-8. Could this be incorrect?

I'm looking forward to any help or suggestions you can offer.

[2024-01-15 09:30:06,208] [ERROR] [paperless_mail] [email protected]: Error while processing rule: Response status "OK" expected, but "NO" received. Data: [b'[BADCHARSET (US-ASCII)] The specified charset is not supported.']

File "/usr/src/paperless/src/paperless_mail/mail.py", line 514, in handle_mail_account

total_processed_files += self._handle_mail_rule(

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

File "/usr/src/paperless/src/paperless_mail/mail.py", line 582, in _handle_mail_rule

for message in messages:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/imap_tools/mailbox.py", line 160, in fetch

uids = tuple((reversed if reverse else iter)(self.uids(criteria, charset)))[limit_range]

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/imap_tools/mailbox.py", line 120, in uids

check_command_status(uid_result, MailboxUidsError)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/imap_tools/utils.py", line 46, in check_command_status

raise exception(command_result=command_result, expected=expected)

imap_tools.errors.MailboxUidsError: Response status "OK" expected, but "NO" received. Data: [b'[BADCHARSET (US-ASCII)] The specified charset is not supported.']

image.thumb.png.f485f2edd75d6239c6c8579eae2ba8c2.png

image.thumb.png.21a9351c1137e99c93cd346a91e732f6.png

Hey guys,

probably not a Paperless-ngx problem... I installed the docker as Custom br0 with port 8000 and IP 192.168.0.48

Is it possible to open Paperless Ngx by only calling 192.168.0.48 as adress without port?  My plan was to create a local domain name (using AdGuard) like mypaperless.local that refers to 192.168.0.48, but DNS only relays IP`s and no ports... without adressing the port Paperless will not open....

I cannot seem to find the appropriate documentation to configure paperless-ngx to interface with gotenberg and tika.  The variables have been configured for both, but I am still unable to load office documents (specifically, have been attempting .xlsx and .docx.)

Has anybody run into issues with this recently or have any advice for troubleshooting the interface or moving forward?

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi I installed unRaid some days ago. So I am fairly new to the system. Today I installed Paperless NGX.
In general it is working.
What I am asking myself is, where can I find the docker configuration file of Paperless NGX?
I also tried to use the unraid console and use "find" to find the docker-compose.env.
But I wasn't successful.

Before installing the Paperless NGX Docker I set up a share called documents and inside the folders consume, data, export and media. There I also can't find any config file

Thanks for any help.

Hallo Raider, 

habe seit vier Wochen meine Synologie in Rente geschickt und einen Rechner für Unraid gebastelt.

Läuft alles wunderbar! nun habe ich gestern Paperless-NGX inkl. Tika Gotenberg Redis usw. schön installiert, läuft auch super.

Jetzt würde ich gerne für meine Partnerin ihre eigene Paperless-NGX Umgebung zusätzlich im Unraid installieren.

Sie hat eine eigenen SMB freigabe.

Aber ich habe nun die Herausforderung, dass ich scheinbar keine zweite Instanz installieren kann, da es schon eine gibt.

Hatte eine Anleitung gefunden für Nextcloud, in der im Action Button ein Menüpunkt wäre für eine Second installation.

Dies ist bei Paperless-NGX nicht so.

Habe jetzt sehr lange gesucht, aber nichts plausibel es gefunden.

Habe Angst, wenn ich den Container jetzt mit Ihren Werten /Verzeichnisstruktur unter eine andere Namen anlege meine Struktur weg ist. 

Sollte die Frage schon irgendwo beantwortet sein, bitte den Link schicken.

Vielen Dank Michael