[PLUG-IN] NerdTools

3 hours ago, Mcklaren said:

Hi,

I have tried to install iotop and also python3 to have both version 2 and version 3 installed and it works perfectly. I can't reproduce the error.

Do you have nerdtools or nerdpack? Try uninstalling iotop and python2 and installing again.

Best regards.

WOW, you da man!

I used to have the Pack for years, but since it was deprecated i switched to Tools. It's been broken ever since.

I uninstalled python2 and iotop, then install python2, and finally iotop, individually in that order, and now it works!

But now I'm getting a warning when iotop runs:

CONFIG_TASK_DELAY_ACCT not enabled in kernel, cannot determine SWAPIN and IO %  

image.png.4de6affbab21e1a6a13988b45733581e.png

Any idea how to fix that?

Thanks

20 hours ago, shpitz461 said:

WOW, you da man!

I used to have the Pack for years, but since it was deprecated i switched to Tools. It's been broken ever since.

I uninstalled python2 and iotop, then install python2, and finally iotop, individually in that order, and now it works!

But now I'm getting a warning when iotop runs:

image.png.4de6affbab21e1a6a13988b45733581e.png

Any idea how to fix that?

Thanks

Hi,

Can you type in the terminal

sysctl kernel.task_delayacct=1

and see if it works ?
When you type that command you have to exit and re-enter the terminal and run iotop again. If it works fine you just have to create a script with the user script plugin and add a new script with the same command you put in the terminal and tell it to run when you start the array.

Best regards.

Edited by Mcklaren
  • Like 1
On 8/10/2023 at 12:54 PM, Mcklaren said:

Hi,

We have tried adding ffmpeg and it needs a lot of dependencies, nerdtools is not intended for that use. If you need ffmpeg you can tell us and we can make a docker that has ffmpeg so you can use it, but sorry, in nerdtools we are not going to add it.

Best regards.

I would LOVE a Docker that contains FFMPG. I would be forever thankful! If there is anything I can do to help. Even if its ordering PIZZA!

14 hours ago, shpitz461 said:

Yep, that did it, thanks!

Do i just add that command to the go-file?

How do i get it to 'stick' after reboots?

Thanks

Hi,

you can create a script with user script plugin or if your prefer go file and add:

# enable delayacct for iotop
sysctl kernel.task_delayacct=1

with this option when you reboot the system delayacct is enable automaticly.

Best regards.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, TheLinuxGuy said:

@Mcklaren just flagging in case it was missed, I noticed you commented on all other requests but mine... it would be fantastic to have this available in nerdtools for convenience. 

Right now we only add official slackware packages and those in SBO.
Still, it looks like an interesting package, we will try to create it or create a docker containing the tool with access to the devices /dev part of unraid.

13 hours ago, wesman said:

I would LOVE a Docker that contains FFMPG. I would be forever thankful! If there is anything I can do to help. Even if its ordering PIZZA!

As @Kilrah said there are several applications in the app store, see if you need any of the current ones and if not then create a docker only with ffmpeg.

12 hours ago, Kilrah said:

There's one in apps already, and plenty more on dockerhub you can use.

It is true that there are several, but they all have something else, really with only contain ffmpeg there is none and the option of dockerhub if you are a new user can be more complicated. But you are right and there are several. Thank you.

Best regards.

Edited by Mcklaren
  • Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Mcklaren said:

It is true that there are several, but they all have something else, really with only contain ffmpeg there is none

There's ffmpeg-nvidia:

image.png.96596b0ce9c4cc23ebccd950d113fa19.png

Shouldn't need to care about the nvidia part of things, just support is there if you have the hardware but it should work just fine in software.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

There's ffmpeg-nvidia:

image.png.96596b0ce9c4cc23ebccd950d113fa19.png

Shouldn't need to care about the nvidia part of things, just support is there if you have the hardware but it should work just fine in software.

Hi,

OK, perfect then, I haven't used any of the ffmpeg apps and didn't know them. Thank you very much.

@wesman can you try this please ?

Best regards.

15 hours ago, Mcklaren said:

Hi,

OK, perfect then, I haven't used any of the ffmpeg apps and didn't know them. Thank you very much.

@wesman can you try this please ?

Best regards.

In the end, I created my own docker image, using ubuntu, install ffmpeg and exiftool to do my processing. 

Now I just need direction on how I can get it to stay on the docker page when its not running. Currently I have to 'docker run' it every time. would be nice to have it in the docker page, that I can just press start. 

are there directions on that somewhere?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Kilrah said:

You just "Add container" on the Docker page and fill up the template with the contents of your run command.

Thanks for the assist. @Kilrah I was looking at that, but I haven't figured out how to specify an internal docker image. 
The Repository and Registry URL lines don't seem able to allow and internal "docker run" command.

All the other path variables are easy enough. I am just not sure how to add the RUN part of the command.  It might be as easy as clicking the Icon and selecting Start.

but I still don't know how to tell it which image to start

14 minutes ago, wesman said:

Thanks for the assist. @Kilrah I was looking at that, but I haven't figured out how to specify an internal docker image. 
The Repository and Registry URL lines don't seem able to allow and internal "docker run" command.

All the other path variables are easy enough. I am just not sure how to add the RUN part of the command.  It might be as easy as clicking the Icon and selecting Start.

but I still don't know how to tell it which image to start

Ah, apparently the image-name is the repository.

Thanks everyone! 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I appreciate all your work!

After updated unraid to the latest version, and replacing nerdpack with nerdtools I am getting this error for a missing library when trying to launch irssi:

irssi: error while loading shared libraries: libnsl.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

• Upvote 1
On 10/6/2022 at 3:24 PM, ich777 said:

Why not, un-get doesn't need to be maintained that much since it pulls the packages from the appropriate repository and the user (you) can simply change the repository with the sources.list file too if Slackware 16 (or similar) is released... :)

I really don't want to create a thread here on the forums for un-get since it's really meant for advanced users but it is not that complicated, at least I think it's not that complicated... :D

Hi @ich777, I'm getting an error when trying to update un-get:

Please wait obtaining package list from repository 15.0...
Can't fetch package list from repository 15.0, please try again later...!
Please wait obtaining package list from repository conraid...
Can't fetch package list from repository conraid, please try again later...!
Please wait obtaining package list from repository ich777...
Can't fetch package list from repository ich777, please try again later...!

This is the sources.list content:

Any idea why it can't update?

Thanks