[Plugin] Appdata.Backup

10 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Yes, click on container name on the page. Likely to result in a useless backup though, why not backup in the middle of the night when nobody's going to be using the server?

Thanks a lot. Did'nt noticed that i can set different settings for each container.
Have now set embyserver & a few others to not stop during backup.
So the only downsid is that the docker image file can be corrupted, when i get it right.

I think it's not an issue for me. The important part is that the appdata and container XML is backed up.

Backing up in the middle of the night is not possible because my backup NAS is located in the sleeping room and will get you awake O.o

Anyway thx

Just had a look out of interest at the backups and it's missing loads of my containers.

It seems to do the main ones plex etc but has missed out others specifically Romm.

So it creates a .xml file for each container but it is missing a lot of the .zst files of the actual folder.

Is anyone else having similar?

No container is set to be skipped.

1367569138_Screenshot2024-03-15at11_31_07.thumb.png.1611e7da762a8bbd2e2370a4ea13170c.png

Edited by dopeytree
On 3/5/2024 at 11:37 PM, KluthR said:

There is none. The restore tab should be self explanatory.

@KluthR Thanks for the reply. Problem is you can't access the restore tab when your usb drive fails and you can't boot.

I have since discovered that there are two options when this happens:

1. Install unraid again and get it setup enough to use the built in restore functionality (requires other plugins though to mount drives/shares)

2. Use the usb zip for unraid usb creator tool

I found #2 to be far more convenient/straightforward after someone told me but I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere officially as an option. I personally think it is worth merely bringing attention to it at a high level on the Github repo or on the initial post for this support thread. Maybe I am just dumb or expecting too much hand-holding.

Either way thanks for maintaining this plugin. Restore worked perfectly via method #2.

Edited by oddz
wording
On 3/12/2024 at 1:58 PM, KluthR said:

Yea. Just checked. The plugins chmod runs after post-run. Will change that in next release

Hi @KluthR, I'm wondering if there is a rough ETA on the next release to adjust the CHMOD to run before the post-run scripts?

Thanks for all that you do @KluthR,

Cal.

Is the "startup order setting" only effective under the "Stop all container, backup start all" mode? Will another mode ignore the startup sequence and directly start the containers in the same state as before the backup or remain unchanged after the backup is completed? Is that so?

1 minute ago, Charizard said:

is there a way to manually start the appdata backup plugin?

Click the "manual backup" button.

2 minutes ago, Charizard said:

i have it set to run weekly.

You haven't set a time to run at.

20 hours ago, KluthR said:

The order is effective for both modes as the container lost gets „sorted“ once when starting the backup.

According to the logs, each container starts or stops based on its previous state after backup in this mode. Assuming MariaDB is before Vaultwarden in terms of sequence, it should stop Vaultwarden first, backup, start Vaultwarden, then stop MariaDB, backup. At this time, Vaultwarden will lose connection with the database, right? If we put these interdependent containers into a group, can this problem be solved?

5 minutes ago, gacpac said:

I have a question, i'm trying to backup the appdata for plex, anyway to have it in a separate folder so duplicati can do it?

Not sure I understand the problem?   The Plex data will go to whatever location you configure in the container. 

I'm using the appdata backup plugin, so when the backup runs it goes to a folder with all the dockers. Is there a way I can either set it to a separate folder or maybe in the duplicati forum filter to only backup plex

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk