[Support] Nodiaque - Gameserver docker

1 hour ago, Tabraxis said:

Hey All,

I used the Enshrouded CA today and seem to have an issue finding my game in the server list, it "seems" like it's running, but cant find it. If anyone has a moment to look over my log file and .jason to see if i'm missing something obvious, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

*oh, i just put in (redacted) in ... but they both show up in the live version.

[online] Server SteamId: (redacted)
[online] Public ipv4: (redacted)

enshourded_server.jason.txt 264 B · 2 downloads log.txt 5.82 kB · 0 downloads

I see "waiting for log file..." at the end. This doesn,t exist anymore. Are you using latest docker image?

Just now, Ixz said:

Thank you for good work and would love to see this being built using proton and not wine.

Server have huge lags and rubberbanding no matter what resources I giving it.

Have nothing to do with Wine. I have one running on Windows and same problem. It's just heavy unoptimized. Dev knows about that

• Upvote 1
53 minutes ago, nubbz1992 said:

I went back and uninstalled and re--installed the docker. let the docker run for a few hours before i updated the .json and it seems to be still not connecting. is there any console commands i can use to confirm information.  screen shot of the docker install. 

json is located at \\appdata\enshrouded\ .. i do see wine installed. 

enshrouded  folder.png

enshrouded docker.png

enshrouded_server.json 200 B · 0 downloads Enshrouded Docker Logs.txt 5.78 kB · 0 downloads

This log file shows me everything is working fine. Check firewall port that you might not have put properly. I see Bridge network, are you sure that's what you want? Normally people don't use the bridge network but use custom network or ethx.

For game browser, it take a certain delay before it appear, it's nothing we can fix since it's not on my end.

edit: when you say come back and edit the file, you edit the file offline or while the server was running? Never update a config file while a server is running (at least game server).

Edited by Nodiaque
8 minutes ago, Nodiaque said:

I see Bridge network,

Chiming in on this;  I've been running ich777's containers on "bridge" network for a while now with no issues. Have I been doing it wrong for years and I just don't know any better?

I only have two containers on host; Plex and Home Assistant.  Every single other container is bridge.

Edited by CoZ
11 minutes ago, CoZ said:

Chiming in on this;  I've been running ich777's containers on "bridge" network for a while now with no issues. Have I been doing it wrong for years and I just don't know any better?

Bridge is just fine.

There is not much benefit, at lest from my perspective, using host or even br0 or ethX other than complicating the setup (for most new users or not that experienced users) in most cases.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Nodiaque said:

Have nothing to do with Wine. I have one running on Windows and same problem. It's just heavy unoptimized. Dev knows about that

Just tried running under Win 2022 Standard server. 24 cores and 16Gb ram ran without hitch.
Can probably reduce to 8gb ram and 12 cores. (Hardware is Xeon Platinum 8461V and DD5 ECC, nvme setup)

2 hours ago, Nodiaque said:

I see "waiting for log file..." at the end. This doesn,t exist anymore. Are you using latest docker image?

It was from earlier today? I just did a force update now and will wait again for about 2hr to see if it populates i guess. Did you happen to notice anything else? I did notice earlier in a thread (Thursday at 10:53pm) there was a mention of: 

"If variables are properly set, you will see something like this just before the line "---Server Ready---" depending on which variable you set:" (See attached image)

but i don't notice that in my log file, not sure if it's still suppose to be seen or not?

Clipboard01.png

Edited by Tabraxis
3 hours ago, CoZ said:

You know your own External IP address?  If so, then enter your server into the Steam Server browser manually and try to connect to it that way instead of watiing for the in-game-server-browser to populate.

This way you know if it's working or not instead of wasting time waiting for it to auto populate.

I see that its only filtering "Server Names" not sure if it's resolving IP addresses too? but i did try, no joy :(

1 hour ago, Tabraxis said:

I see that its only filtering "Server Names" not sure if it's resolving IP addresses too? but i did try, no joy :(

Open Steam.  Go to view at the top.  Then look for Game Servers on the drop down box.

Untitled.png.38318ee22035c4d893a191fe84315f39.png

Click on Favorites on the new window that pops up and look for the + sign on the bottom right of the screen.  This will allow you to manually enter in your WAN or LAN server's IP address.

This way you can see if it "resolves".  If it doesn't show up here, then there is something configured incorrectly.

Untitled1.thumb.png.87150a366568843caf39c4efaacb3e0b.png

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, CoZ said:

Open Steam.  Go to view at the top.  Then look for Game Servers on the drop down box.

Click on Favorites on the new window that pops up and look for the + sign on the bottom right of the screen.  This will allow you to manually enter in your WAN or LAN server's IP address.

This way you can see if it "resolves".  If it doesn't show up here, then there is something configured incorrectly.

Hey, thanks for the advise and SS's, but no joy still. It's saying "Did not find any servers at that address" and have the ports open on the FW. Even the LAN option in steam does not show the game.  I've not setup a dedicated game server in a long time, so i'm a bit rusty. Just cant seem to shake this last cobweb lose ><.

1 minute ago, Tabraxis said:

Hey, thanks for the advise and SS's, but no joy still. It's saying "Did not find any servers at that address" and have the ports open on the FW. Even the LAN option in steam does not show the game.  I've not setup a dedicated game server in a long time, so i'm a bit rusty. Just cant seem to shake this last cobweb lose ><.

Ok, i dont get it. i just restarted it again and took one more try and its up and running. I dk what the truck changed, but nobody move! lol.

Thanks all :)

• Haha 1
31 minutes ago, Tabraxis said:

Ok, i dont get it. i just restarted it again and took one more try and its up and running. I dk what the truck changed, but nobody move! lol.

Thanks all :)

Wish I was as lucky as you, Ive been reading around & people having the issue of server discovery have resolved it by running the steam server exe with admin privileges but im unsure how to achieve this through docker/wine to test.

Port forward

image.png.b6877eccd401b9cccc1e4eccb9628f16.png

no problem pinging

image.png.b6c0cb03e213ad0decb88e32cae7440d.png

Server appears to be working as intended

image.png.be023f1bbe720ce65369a506d4daa5d6.png

Every damn time

image.png.2b702769d7aef41093650e02ca5cba6a.png

🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Tabraxis said:

It was from earlier today? I just did a force update now and will wait again for about 2hr to see if it populates i guess. Did you happen to notice anything else? I did notice earlier in a thread (Thursday at 10:53pm) there was a mention of: 

"If variables are properly set, you will see something like this just before the line "---Server Ready---" depending on which variable you set:" (See attached image)

but i don't notice that in my log file, not sure if it's still suppose to be seen or not?

Clipboard01.png

That's the old docker. Later I said this was gone due to bug and possible other problem. Now it will just say if the file is missing that it's downloading it, else it won't touch anything.

You should be able to see it by using the lan option in the server browser an specifying ip and ports. If that doesn't resolve, something is wrong in either your router or docker port configuration.

47 minutes ago, rawb said:

Wish I was as lucky as you, Ive been reading around & people having the issue of server discovery have resolved it by running the steam server exe with admin privileges but im unsure how to achieve this through docker/wine to test.

Port forward

image.png.b6877eccd401b9cccc1e4eccb9628f16.png

no problem pinging

image.png.b6c0cb03e213ad0decb88e32cae7440d.png

Server appears to be working as intended

image.png.be023f1bbe720ce65369a506d4daa5d6.png

Every damn time

image.png.2b702769d7aef41093650e02ca5cba6a.png

🤷‍♂️

47 minutes ago, rawb said:

Running as admin is for the steam on your pc not the server, but I don't see why that would change anything (it in fact has nothing to do with it). 

In server browser from steam, try using the lan and adding one with ip and ports. Your log show its running fine so it's not a docker issuer. It can be a firewall issue, docker network issue, etc. Try toggling docker on/off, restarting unraid. Sometime unraid have weird network configuration stuck, happened to me more than once.

If you can connect with local ip, it's a ISP/Firewall issue. Your ISP could be blocking it too.

Edited by Nodiaque
2 hours ago, CoZ said:

I suggest this using local IP first. If local IP doesn't work, there is something wrong at either Unraid ou routing level (unless you see error in the log). 

• Like 1

Sorry if this is covered somewhere, I looked but couldn't find it.

Is there a way to have multiple backups of the world data at an interval without stopping the server and creating them?

What is the best way to setup a daily restart of the game server? Do I need to schedule a restart of the docker container or is there some way to do that with the config file that just restarts the game server within the container?

Edited by iceperson
15 minutes ago, iceperson said:

Sorry if this is covered somewhere, I looked but couldn't find it.

Is there a way to have multiple backups of the world data at an interval without stopping the server and creating them?

What is the best way to setup a daily restart of the game server? Do I need to schedule a restart of the docker container or is there some way to do that with the config file that just restarts the game server within the container?

Currently, the game itself have backup but I think it's just a single backup. Maybe the dev will add something in the futur that we can add. Else, it would be a total custom solution not supported by the dev.

For daily restart, you can simply use a user script (it's a plugin in CA). Or, if you use appdata backup/restore, this will restart your docker. It will also make a daily backup if you configure to run it daily.

• Like 1

I've left my server up and running now for about 2 days without rebooting/restarting.  So far, I haven't really seen any memory leak or high CPU usage at all.  RAM usage still hovering around 35-37% which is kind of normal for my system and the CPUs really never get over 25%.

21 hours ago, CoZ said:

You know your own External IP address?  If so, then enter your server into the Steam Server browser manually and try to connect to it that way instead of watiing for the in-game-server-browser to populate.

This way you know if it's working or not instead of wasting time waiting for it to auto populate.

I tryed that. Did not work for me. With public or local ip. Steam just wont see it, even now. Maybe something wrong on my side.

1 hour ago, CoZ said:

I've left my server up and running now for about 2 days without rebooting/restarting.  So far, I haven't really seen any memory leak or high CPU usage at all.  RAM usage still hovering around 35-37% which is kind of normal for my system and the CPUs really never get over 25%.

How many users connected on the server ? What is your CPU ?

6 minutes ago, Brainwasher06 said:

I tryed that. Did not work for me. With public or local ip. Steam just wont see it, even now. Maybe something wrong on my side.

External IP could be blocked by your router (some router doesn't like when traffic goes out and then in).

If you don't see anything in the log file saying it's not loaded, it's something on your network. It should at least work locally.

Just now, Brainwasher06 said:

I myself have 2 users and no one complained. And I'm running about 60 dockers with emby, transcoding in fileflows 2 node with CPU transcode, palworld, conanexiles, all of the mods 9 minecraft, etc. I got about 30 users total in and out of various service I have.

Xeon gold w-2275 and 128gb ram.

15 minutes ago, Brainwasher06 said:

Yup.  Then there is something wrong on your side.  Could be NAT translation like @Nodiaque said.  I had that same issue until a firmware update for my router was pushed out.   Can you try this website https://portchecker.co/   See if anything gets a hit there?

10 minutes ago, Brainwasher06 said:

I've got dual Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2630L v2 with 32GB RAM on each CPU.  Yes, I can actually watch my utility/electric bill go up and down every time the CPUs are acccessed. lol 

4 hours ago, CoZ said:

Yup.  Then there is something wrong on your side.  Could be NAT translation like @Nodiaque said.  I had that same issue until a firmware update for my router was pushed out.   Can you try this website https://portchecker.co/   See if anything gets a hit there?

I've got dual Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2630L v2 with 32GB RAM on each CPU.  Yes, I can actually watch my utility/electric bill go up and down every time the CPUs are acccessed. lol 

Ah, for me according to grafana and my UPS, it cost me about 180$/year to run (in CAD). But my computer did CPU transcoding on 75% of the core for 6 months so that does raise the bill. 15$/month is not a much for everything this server does for me. 

edit: My UPS give me this information at 10c/kwh (which is higher than my actual cost that varies). There's more than just the server. This server also have 9 HDD and 2 SSD + an RTX A4000 doing active transcoding for Emby. It's a precision 5820, it's not a power efficient computer. At idle, it consume about 200w with all HDD spinned down and nothing transcoding. It easily reach 400W on load. There's also a camera VM server 2022 running blueiris using AI that is in a docker using GPU for object recognition and such, which add to the load.

Edited by Nodiaque