[Support] Nodiaque - Gameserver docker

On 1/26/2024 at 8:21 AM, Markyb0y said:

Hi All, nearly there, but I am also getting the password issue as in there is none, I have tried changing the docker key to SERVERPASS, this didnt work still no password, I have left it blank, this overwrites anything in my config with blank so no password.

Have even tried removing the config from the serverpass var from unraid completely and it still blanks anything I put in my json manually so no password, so close yet so far away, keep up the great work everyone! 

anyone found any further workarounds?

You can just use the xml tip, then set the pass in the Jason created by the game. Works fine even after updates.

18 hours ago, Nodiaque said:

External IP could be blocked by your router (some router doesn't like when traffic goes out and then in).

If you don't see anything in the log file saying it's not loaded, it's something on your network. It should at least work locally.

I myself have 2 users and no one complained. And I'm running about 60 dockers with emby, transcoding in fileflows 2 node with CPU transcode, palworld, conanexiles, all of the mods 9 minecraft, etc. I got about 30 users total in and out of various service I have.

Xeon gold w-2275 and 128gb ram.

Yeah, i tried again. My mistake was trying to reach the game port instead of the query port... Works fine with query port, both on local and public IP

On my i3 10100k with 40G of RAM, server run fine as long as I'm alone. But if 1 or 2 people join me, we got a message in the bottom left corner every few seconds that say server is loaded, and we may encounter issues. Even when I'm alone, the server stays at around 50 - 75% cpu usage. While RAM don't usually go over 3 Gigs

18 hours ago, CoZ said:

Yup.  Then there is something wrong on your side.  Could be NAT translation like @Nodiaque said.  I had that same issue until a firmware update for my router was pushed out.   Can you try this website https://portchecker.co/   See if anything gets a hit there?

I've got dual Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2630L v2 with 32GB RAM on each CPU.  Yes, I can actually watch my utility/electric bill go up and down every time the CPUs are acccessed. lol 

I tried your website. It says that all the ports related to a game are mark as closed. For some reason when I check port 22, it says it's open (and it's true)

Yeah, with your setup your "CPUs really never get over 25%" sounds logic x)

21 minutes ago, botteur said:

Hello everyone!

Thanks for the docker! The installation went well and I have no errors on launch.

However, a small problem: my server never appears in the list of servers available in the game.

Maybe I've missed something...

Game browser can take a very long time before it show. Check with Steam game browser as pointed I think in page 3 or 4 using the favorite option to see if you can find it with local ip. If you can't find it with local ip and port (try both port), something is wrong. If you don't see any error in the log, it's network related.

If it's working, you can try public ip. Please note that some router doesn't allow loopback connection through public ip.

Thank you very much for this docker.

To the high CPU usage:

I am running Unraid on a N4100 with 16Gb RAM. 

Normally I am running duckdns, tailscale and swag dockers. And home assisttant as an VM. My CPU is on Idle at 8 to 16%.

As soon as i start the Enshrouded Server I can see an utilization at 55 to 65%. When my Friend and I are gaming, we see an utilization over 82%. My Ping is 40 (ok). Ping of my friend st obove 400 (not really playable).

I think i will try an Ark Server to see if my n4100 can handle a gaameserver for 3-4 people.

I also have one question.

Is there a way to import my local game to the server? Would be great if we could continue to use the current game progress

8 minutes ago, CoZ said:

A new patch for the game was pushed out today.  I'm assuming a restart of the docker container will pull down the new patch and apply it automatically? 

image.png.30dfc03ecd722d833f393c0c05d41ad5.png

8 minutes ago, bastian123f said:

Thank you very much for this docker.

To the high CPU usage:

I am running Unraid on a N4100 with 16Gb RAM. 

Normally I am running duckdns, tailscale and swag dockers. And home assisttant as an VM. My CPU is on Idle at 8 to 16%.

As soon as i start the Enshrouded Server I can see an utilization at 55 to 65%. When my Friend and I are gaming, we see an utilization over 82%. My Ping is 40 (ok). Ping of my friend st obove 400 (not really playable).

I think i will try an Ark Server to see if my n4100 can handle a gaameserver for 3-4 people.

Is there a way to import my local game to the server? Would be great if we could continue to use the current game progress

Don't forget this game is in early access and not even a week old. Perform issue is sure to happen, specially since it's not linux native.

For importing the local game, you could try importing the savefile. I don't own the game so I can't say. I know your character progress will follow since it's the same way has valheim

• Upvote 2

Hello everyone, I'm hosting a server for myself and my friends. We have the problem that you can't find the server, only I can find it in the server overview. But as soon as I join the server, they find the server. Does anyone have an idea or is there a suggested solution?

On 1/29/2024 at 1:11 PM, Nodiaque said:

This log file shows me everything is working fine. Check firewall port that you might not have put properly. I see Bridge network, are you sure that's what you want? Normally people don't use the bridge network but use custom network or ethx.

For game browser, it take a certain delay before it appear, it's nothing we can fix since it's not on my end.

edit: when you say come back and edit the file, you edit the file offline or while the server was running? Never update a config file while a server is running (at least game server).

Sorry for the delay was distracted by palworld.... but back to troubleshooting. 
image.png.3b2e9898fdd70a6a05ab4d2867433719.png

here is a list of my ports. I am able to successfully ping my public ip address and ran some tests to see if any ports are blocked. I am not able to locate the server locally or public. I tried Bridge and Custom b0 with a an ip address 192.168.1 .181 as an example.  I was able to configure a palworld server and connect to it. I feel Like I am missing something silly. 

configstore_log.txt connection_log.txt connection_log_15636.txt content_log.txt enshrouded_server.log service_log.txt systemaudiomanager.txt systemdisplaymanager.txt systemdockmanager.txt systemmanager.txt systemperfmanager.txt

11 hours ago, Nodiaque said:

Don't forget this game is in early access and not even a week old. Perform issue is sure to happen, specially since it's not linux native.

Yes, i know. Thats why i will test with another game next weeks to see if the N4100 is in general weak for hosting. 

14 hours ago, bastian123f said:

I did the opposite, and it worked fine. 

There is just 1 file that you need to copy. The hardest part was to find where the game client store your saves 

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Gaztin said:

I restarted the container today after the update and it wiped my savefiles. Does it back them up somewhere?

I do nothing on the save file. Are you sure your mapping is properly done? Unless the game itself does something with the savefile, the Docker doesn't touch anything. All I do is start steam than start the server exe.

15 hours ago, ImMxrcel said:

Hello everyone, I'm hosting a server for myself and my friends. We have the problem that you can't find the server, only I can find it in the server overview. But as soon as I join the server, they find the server. Does anyone have an idea or is there a suggested solution?

Server browser is depending on the game dev, I have no control over it. IF you can see them in steam server browser and can join, there's not much else that can be done.

2 hours ago, Brainwasher06 said:

I did the opposite, and it worked fine. 

There is just 1 file that you need to copy. The hardest part was to find where the game client store your saves 

Great!

5 hours ago, nubbz1992 said:

Update I am able to connect via steam settings>servers and direct connect with the custom bridge ip hopefully my homie can connect to me when i am logged in via friends and add it as a fave. 

In-Game server browser is still part of the EA. It has it's own quirk much like palworld and there's nothing we can do unfortunatly. 

According to your log, everything is running like it should. In fact, you wouldn't have an enshrouded_server.log if the server wasn't running.

3 hours ago, Nodiaque said:

I do nothing on the save file. Are you sure your mapping is properly done? Unless the game itself does something with the savefile, the Docker doesn't touch anything. All I do is start steam than start the server exe.

I'm pretty sure I've mapped it correctly. It seems like every time it updates, it overwrites all of the server files, including the savegames directory and the enshrouded_server.json. I tried creating a separate directory for the savegame, and that does actually persist between restarts/updates.

When I came home today, I noticed that it had reset once again. What surprised me was that this happened while running.

I've minimized the amount of damage done for when this happens, but I need to reconfigure the json every time.

Any ideas?

Haven't heard from anyone nor my player this issue and I've been running it since I made the server. Check the docker log (not the server log) to see what it says cause the update process is the same as all other container from ich777, it's a simple download from steam like on your computer. Unless you actively delete the content of appdata, it never touch it. You can check the start script in my github, there's nothing to erase something beside if the config file is missing (and this could even be removed since the game does it itself).

FYI: I have tested to copy my local savegame to my Server. Here is how i did it:

(start your game, log into savegame and exit game by going back to desktop)

1. Find your savegame on your Computer

-> go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\"

-> klick on the folder with your Steam ID

-> Search for "remote" in search bar

-> go into folder with newest date and copy the savegame (filename on my install was "3ad85aea")

2. Find your savegame path on your server: (docker must be stopped)

->go to the path you configured "ServerFiles" in the docker settings  -> "path"/enshrouded/savegame

->copy your savegame-file into this folder

-> start docker

Update everyone.

Enshrouded container now support backup. It is not enable by default in the docker so if you just update the container without adding field in the template, backup won't work. I have updated the xml template if you want to update from CA directly and get the new template (there might be a slight delay before CA sees the update).

To enable, add the following 3 Variable:

BACKUP value true

BACKUP_INTERVAL value x in min (i.e. 120 for each 2 hours)

BACKUPS_TO_KEEP value x for number of backup to keep

image.thumb.png.3b6abe8b5df302c49ada5f8fbbf6eb91.png

In the log file, you will see this entry only if it's enabled:

image.png.0ebfd258a9cdd021b75fd58fc7c1922b.png

You will also see a new folder called "Backups" with timestamped backup

image.png.70ed899f7b31f36ea15eb5b1f3a1b8f2.png

image.png.8d8bca2b1243ae004c3b16028be437f2.png

Edited by Nodiaque
  • Like 3

Hi,

i did setup mu enshrouded server but i get a strange error in the docker

Crypto API failed certificate check, error flags 0x00010008 for '/jurisdictionC=US/jurisdictionST=Washington/businessCategory=Private Organization/serialNumber=602 290 773/C=US/ST=Washington/L=Bellevue/O=Valve Corp/CN=store.steampowered.com'

any idea what did go bad?

25 minutes ago, Fdirckx said:

Hi,

i did setup mu enshrouded server but i get a strange error in the docker

Crypto API failed certificate check, error flags 0x00010008 for '/jurisdictionC=US/jurisdictionST=Washington/businessCategory=Private Organization/serialNumber=602 290 773/C=US/ST=Washington/L=Bellevue/O=Valve Corp/CN=store.steampowered.com'

any idea what did go bad?

I never saw that, I don't even get why it's trying to make a cert check. It seems like a web failure where it cannot get to where it need to check for cert validation

It seems to happen to other person using other docker too. Some says to empty the folder and try again

https://github.com/parkervcp/eggs/issues/2687

Edited by Nodiaque
On 1/31/2024 at 3:45 AM, Bushibot said:

You can just use the xml tip, then set the pass in the Jason created by the game. Works fine even after updates.

sometime a simple restart fix a lot of issue. I had my share layer of problem with docker networking in the past where some of my docker would stop having a working internet.