unRAID Server Release 5.0-beta13 Available

limetech

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird issues using NFS. I've got my shares exported via NFS and SMB. XBMC box uses NFS and on some tv shows and movies, it begins playing for less than half a second, just long enough for the video to show a frame, and you can hear audio, then it stop. SMB share of the same files works perfectly.

Looking through the logs, there are no errors or warnings of any kind.

Weird issues using NFS. I've got my shares exported via NFS and SMB. XBMC box uses NFS and on some tv shows and movies, it begins playing for less than half a second, just long enough for the video to show a frame, and you can hear audio, then it stop. SMB share of the same files works perfectly.

There is issue in the kernel regarding NFS, we must wait for Tom to update the SW with a newer kernel. I know he is working on that now,

@Tom, what is the progress for the update?

//Peter

There is issue in the kernel regarding NFS, we must wait for Tom to update the SW with a newer kernel. I know he is working on that now,

@Tom, what is the progress for the update?

//Peter

B14 is available ;D for DL

You're performing a parity sync. That "Total Size" refers to the size of your parity drive only.

Indeed.  Those four consecutive lines are the performance statistics relating to the current operation.  The scan always has to cover the size of the parity drive, even if none of the data drives are as big as the parity.

Ah, they are in the same spinup group. I never set any of those values and thinking about it like that, it makes sense to use them to ensure multiple drives hosting a share would all be spun up in case they're called upon to feed information.

If I blank them out, they'll only spin up as needed, correct? They don't have to be in "host1", "host2", etc. format?

Ah, they are in the same spinup group. I never set any of those values and thinking about it like that, it makes sense to use them to ensure multiple drives hosting a share would all be spun up in case they're called upon to feed information.

If I blank them out, they'll only spin up as needed, correct? They don't have to be in "host1", "host2", etc. format?

You can blank them.  But, you'll have to see if when spinning up one of the pair, the other does not stop responding and cause the movie or music you are playing pause until the spin up occurs.  It is why spin-up-groups are there, to make the user-experience better.

Hi guys,

Newcomer to unRAID but am running beta13 and find that the array crashes fairly randomly, usually around a few days after the last restart.

I am running with Plex (spidi's plug-in) , Couch, Sabnzbd and Couch but cannot find anything quite like my circumstances. When it happens I lose all apps / plug-ins, the web interface and I'm unable to telnet / ssh into the box. Hooking up a monitor and the native command prompt isn't available either. I basically have to un graciously re-start the server which can't be healthy!

Any thoughts? Syslog attached.

Thanks!

Alex.

syslog-2011-12-11-1.txt

Hi guys,

Newcomer to unRAID but am running beta13 and find that the array crashes fairly randomly, usually around a few days after the last restart.

I am running with Plex (spidi's plug-in) , Couch, Sabnzbd and Couch but cannot find anything quite like my circumstances. When it happens I lose all apps / plug-ins, the web interface and I'm unable to telnet / ssh into the box. Hooking up a monitor and the native command prompt isn't available either. I basically have to un graciously re-start the server which can't be healthy!

Any thoughts? Syslog attached.

Thanks!

Alex.

Post this in general support for a start.

Then also, run a memtest for at least overnight (preferably 24 hours), disable all plugins/addons and run unRAID plain for a while.

• 2 months later...

I am having a problem but I am not sure if it's with the beta or not. I will try to confirm but so far it looks like a folder that I created after I upgraded to version 13 drops out after a few hours and a reboot of UNRAID fixes it.

All the other folders work fine and so does it for a few hours. It gives me a folder not accessible error when I try to access it.

Incase anyone was interested I worked it out, Avast was doing it. :(

I am having a problem I need help with.  First I will summarize and then give the backstory.

Bottom line:  I have added a 3 tb data drive to my array, which is listed as "empty" in the Unmenu "mymain" dialog.  I am unable to copy any data to this drive.  No errors are listed, but when I copy files to the array, none of the files go to this drive, even though they should go only to this drive.  I am using the "most free" allocation method.

Backstory (nothing bad here; I dont think any of this has caused a problem):

I recently upgraded my array with two 3 tb drives, and replaced a 1 tb drive with a 2 tb drive.  I began with a 2 tb parity drive and a spare, precleared 2 tb drive.  The array was working fine, and a parity check showed no errors.  I shut down the array and attached one 3tb drive and precleared it with the array running, copying data to it while preclearing.  After finishing, I shut down the array again, connected the cleared 3tb drive as parity, removed the old 2tb parity, and connected the second 3tb drive and my spare 2 tb drive (making the old parity drive my new spare).  I brought up the array and allowed it to rebuild parity, no problems noted.  I then precleared the other drives and shut down the array again - to physically move drives around.  I removed one of my 1tb data drives that was 80 % full. 

Then I brought up the array , and replaced the 1tb data drive with the 2tb data drive, and allowed the array to rebuild that drive.  It worked fine.  I then added the other 3 tb drive to the array.  The array did not recognize the drive as cleared and immediately began clearing it.  After that annoyance, I formatted the drive and added it to the array.  Then I checked parity; no errors.

Now, my array is working fine, except that all files are being added to the 2 tb drive that I added which is now about 35 % full.  The new 3tb drive remains empty. 

What could be wrong? 

thanks for your help. 

syslog-2012-03-05.txt

The split level is set at 4 for this share, the shares for all drives.  I have added drives to this array using this beta version before, and this has never been a problem; the array began using the new drives right away.  In fact, the array is using the replacement 2 tb correctly, just seems to be ignoring the new 3 tb.