Status - update

New webinterface looks great. Great bit of collaborative work.

I did notice though that the UNplugged section and plugins seem to be missing not sure if I just need to restart unraid for them to reappear....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I unplugged appears after a reboot, the Java one doesnt

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it works but all SF plugins are not working now as they are depending on the SF core package

Stats are giving an error

Warning: parse_ini_file(/simpleFeatures.system.stats.ini): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/include/myPage_content.php(61) : eval()'d code on line 12

no icon and page for cachedirs

and so on ....

SO I hope somebody is going to address that as otherwise we will have to all go back to hacking the go file ..... and that then again is not good for the safe mode option and there we go again in that vicious circle ....

Refer to:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=28788.msg256416#msg256416

Hi.

Good work! 

I just installed, but did not reboot.  Couple of things:

a) I also get the truncated names in Settings.

b) Why do plugins for Airvideo, Dropbox, Plex and Subsonic under Network Services in the Settings page as well as the Plugins page. 

c) Plex appears on the Plugins page as "No plg file", but Airvideo, Dropbox and Subsonic appear as "installed".

d) I also have SABnzb installed - this appears on the Plugins page but not on the Settings page. 

e) I can't see how to access the webpages of the plugins on my unRAID from the Plugins page - I can access Airvideo, Dropbox, Plex and Subsonic from the Settings page, but I can't link to the SABnzbd page because it's not on Settings (however I know it's on http://hpnas:9090/).

f) I previously uninstalled SimpleFeatures because the date'time didn't work properly - this is fine now :)

g) SimpleFeatures included a schedule Parity Check - can't find this in the new GUI - is it an addon?

Hope that makes sense...

unRAID rc16c has been totally stable, although it seems a bit slow over the network compared with speeds others are reporting, however I haven't tested the speed properly...  I have just started a Parity Check manually and it's running at 106 Mbps after 1% of 2TB.

Many thanks

Nic

unRAID_webGui-r2.jpg.bd2dee635a7de6868cd8c67911f105e0.jpg

I'll look at that.  BTW, nice job on your plugins!

:D Thanks Tom, that's praise indeed!

The problem is I'm still using php 5.2 which doesn't have the parse_ini_string() function, so I just used the code in the Notes of this page:

http://php.net/manual/en/function.parse-ini-string.php

This code has a bug in that the first and last chars of the "value" part are unconditionally trimmed off.  So if all your variables are of the form:

name="value"

everything works, but if they are like this:

name=value

Then the 'v' and 'e' are cut off.  This is fixed in -r3.

@niccarter

B) plugins is just a download page...well a portal to the wiki page. It's always been like this.

C) plex has to be downloaded directly from plex website or use the plex updater plugin to automate it.

There are inconsistencies for installed plugins where some recognised they are installed, some recognise they are are downloaded when they should also recognised they are installed. Don't forget this is day 1 - not even, it's a couple of hours old

D&E) I would reboot, mine appear on the settings page, but only after a reboot.

looking good.... observations:

1) No Temps on top black bar, liked that feature

Not sure what you mean here, can you post screenshot?

2) unRAID Mountain range logo doesn't stretch all the way on my widescreen monitor

Will fix but you can turn off the banner on Settings/Display Preferences.

4) Log opens in a new tab but doesn't load the page 100%. tails the correct data but in safari the blue progress bar never completes. Works in firefox, running safari 6.0.5.

If you are talking about the "Log" button on the right-hand side of the menu bar, that is the designed behavior (that loading the window never completes).  This is because this window is a "live" window that continuously displays syslog entries as they occur.  For example, Stop/Start the array and you'll see lots of messages.  To abort this just close the window.

6) the help button only works on main and plugins page, again i presume work in progress

Right, work-in-process, but there are several other pages where it shows up as well.

ooooh, i do love this software! such a decent, tidy server solution that everyone should be using. Well done LimeTech, it deserves to  have wider recognition.

Thanks, much appreciated!

b) Why do plugins for Airvideo, Dropbox, Plex and Subsonic under Network Services in the Settings page as well as the Plugins page. 

The "Plugins" tab on the menu might be more properly labeled "Plugin Manager".  The idea is that installing a plugin can alter the functionality of the system in many ways.  For example, installing a single plugin could result in several pages (with corresponding page icons) showing up anywhere in the menu structure the webGui.  Also, one could design a plugin that doesn't add any user controls to the webGui at all but instead does something to the underlying system instead, for example, maybe it install a different 'mover' script, or replaces some other component that doesn't have a UI.

We will be adding more controls to the Plugin page in the future such as a button that says "hide all uninstalled plugins".  We will probably add more organization to the table, perhaps introducing separate tables for each category since the list is likely to become rather long.

Thanks Ockinshay

Re "B) plugins is just a download page...well a portal to the wiki page. It's always been like this." - the Plugins page does (mostly) recognise which plugins are installed - makes sense to be able to link to the installed plugins...

Will reboot later - parity check (now running at 120Mbps) has about four hours to go...

Cheers

Nic

the Plugins page does (mostly) recognise which plugins are installed - makes sense to be able to link to the installed plugins...

Right, some of the existing plugins will require some very minor tweaks in order to play nicely with the new Plugin manager and I will try and work with the plugin authors in the days to come to accomplish this.

looking good.... observations:

1) No Temps on top black bar, liked that feature

Not sure what you mean here, can you post screenshot?

I'll dig one up off the forums, it showed MB and CPU temp

it's part of the discussion in the simple features thread: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=12698.2250

As part of the plugin manager, is there thought on hosting the files? A lot of the authors for plugins that were created for version 5 have either left of stopped supporting it, and when new user comes here and want to install them they can't. Mostly the issue can be resolved by amending the .plg or hosting the files on someone else's dropbox etc.

Also it would be nice if they all behaved in a similar fashion, through some sort of standardised framework. For example, some have the ability to check for updates, some are in different sections in the "settings" tab, some require conflicting dependencies, some are on git hub, some on google code etc

I realise this is early stages, but i was just wondering what your vision for plugins is? For me, these plugins turn unRAID into a complete solution that i encourage others to use because it can do so many things. At the moment it's a bit too technically involved for a lot of users i speak to, compared to solutions from synology/netgear...

sensors.jpg.028c29ed84dcd8f043e47a574b5fdcae.jpg

Thanks Tom ... I've been running unRAID for about six months on an HP N40L microserver and it's great - very, very reliable!

I use it for home network storage (for several PCs) and as a media server (streaming to a couple iPads and to a Raspberry Pi running openELEC XMBC for the TV).

Only problem is that there is so much you can do with plugins, it's a steep learning curve.  Still not sure what the best combo of streamers and clients for music and video is...

Currently running the free version of unRAID with 2 x 2TB of disk plus the parity drive.  I plan to upgrade to the paid licence soon and add an SSD cache drive, then additional drives for storage as my library grows.  To minimise power, I'm thinking that all future hard drives will be 2.5" drives - surely 2TB+ will be available soon in 2.5"???

Best regards

Nic

some quick notes, thought vomit.

the zebra striping on the tables should be reversed, aka dont start with white. why? because the boot device table is only going to have one item.. thus it looks odd the table break being the same white..thus it appears to just be floating vs part of the table. the array devices table have a darker footer.. so a white ending row there works fine.

you put a border color for the table header/footer..but not the actual rows.. -- just putting a border on the left/right side (then the last item has bottom as well) would 'complete' the look..

the spinup/down icon seems a bit close to the drive label.. could see accidental clicks happening.. why can i spin down disk thats not installed? (could also desaturate the icon to give it a disabled look)

main page, changed the image type to 'dimmed' and notice the missing image, 'http://husky/plugins/webGui/images/green-blink0.gif' for all my drives -- also the popup for the drive ball colors needs some more.. fontsize/image bg transparency color/etc

when clicking on 'log' on the menu, the font size used for that page seems un-necessalry tiny... the syslog page looks good.

table content starts on the same left margin as the page header and menu.. but have a margin on the right side for the scroll bar.. this makes it look a little odd.. looks like this one is going to be addressed in r3 already

in your setting page, hard resizing your 48x48 images down to 16x16 looks a bit rough, maybe 24x24 will look better (since its size/2).. however really you are better off making a proper resized image rather than relying on the browser to do the scaling for you.. but I understand that means more images/larger plugin.

now that the ui has jquery.. you really should add tablesorter to the tables so users can sort the content easily. (i see you use the old legacy/defunct one on the plugins page) you really really need to check out Mottie's fork which has been actively developed and has much nicer features..

*plugs* https://github.com/Mottie/tablesorter - demo/docs: http://mottie.github.io/tablesorter/docs/index.html

plugin page, the image src for the plugins link to the wiki.. with a link to the wiki image... i would think it should link to the app's homepage? seems like a lot of unneeded traffic to the wiki to get images.. should this not be part of the plugin install so they can be local?

plugins page, author column seems a bit tiny for some of these.. plus it doesn't add to much benefit on being able to sort off this.. maybe move this into the plugin description? that way you can give more room to the 'type' column.

maybe use child rows, example of what you could do (notice you can search within it too) -- http://mottie.github.io/tablesorter/docs/example-child-rows-filtered.html

plugin page, could really use zebra striping here..

plugin page, are all these plugins safe for unraid 4.x? 5.x? some food for thought on handing packages and scenarios to be mindful of: these posts are about unmenu's package installer but would also work here as well: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=27051.msg256168#msg256168 / http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=27051.msg256173#msg256173

Thanks for providing the new GUI!!

I followed the instructions in the OP and got it installed without a problem. I'm not a SimpleFeatures guy and the only thing I had in my /boot/plugins folder was the Cache-Dirs plugin. I removed it as per Tom's instructions. I was running cache_dirs-1.6.7-4jr.plg.

Since I did not reboot after the installation, I'm wondering if Cache-Dirs will be there when I do. I see from the new Plugins Manager page of the GUI, Cache Directories  does not have a PLG file to download ("no PLG file).

Thanks for the all the help!

Edit--- OK, now I see what SacretAgent said on Page 2 of this thread...I guess I'm still a noob!

Regarding truncated plugin names, I figured out that by wrapping everything in double quotes on the xxxx.page fixes the problem.

eg. in the case of airvideo, the plugin creates file called airvideo.page with contents:

Menu="NetworkServices"

Icon="airvideo.png"

Version=1.2

Author=overbyrn

Type="php"

Title=AirVideo

I needed to wrap quotes around those that didn't have it.  Result being:

Menu="NetworkServices"

Icon="airvideo.png"

Version="1.2"

Author="overbyrn"

Type="php"

Title="AirVideo"

Guess that means I'll be updating my plugins  :P  Although will hold off until I know if there are any other changes necessary.

Will this new SF integration into the release be selectable (as in you must install the .plg) so those that do not want SF can still run the stock GUI?  No offense to Speeding_Ant and all the others that have put in time on this, but I do not want a pretty look prone to issues on a device I need to be simple and 100% functional uptime.

Will this new SF integration into the release be selectable (as in you must install the .plg) so those that do not want SF can still run the stock GUI?  No offense to Speeding_Ant and all the others that have put in time on this, but I do not want a pretty look prone to issues on a device I need to be simple and 100% functional uptime.

It's not the pretty UI in and of itself that causes problems. It is the fact that SimpleFeatures was developed separately from the rest of unRAID. Now that Tom is in charge of this new UI, it should stay in sync with updates to unRAID. Perhaps more importantly, it should be "officially supported" and Tom is on the hook for compatibility/stability issues related to it. This is a good move forward.

The new interface looks pretty good, but it is a lot less conservative in its use of window area. On a 'small' screen, one has to do a lot more scrolling to see all the information.

BTW, the spelling 'celsius' is incorrect in the Display Preferences screen.

^ I agree.  I'm trying it out over logmein at 1024x768 and the interface is very bloaty, it looks nice but i could be a little more trimmed.

However, great job Tom and Ant on this collaboration.  I think we can all agree that 5.0 really needed this bit of polish.

I didn't see it mentioned previously in this thread, but I would prefer that the "Total Array Size" not include my parity.

Device Identification                       Temp.        Size Used Free Reads         Writes Errors

Total Array size of disks (including parity) 37.5 °C 30.5 TB 21.8 TB 4.74 TB 9,907,270 5,606,306 0

I didn't see it mentioned previously in this thread, but I would prefer that the "Total Array Size" not include my parity.

Device Identification                       Temp.        Size Used Free Reads         Writes Errors

Total Array size of disks (including parity) 37.5 °C 30.5 TB 21.8 TB 4.74 TB 9,907,270 5,606,306 0

+1