Dynamix - Web GUI

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reading the http://bergware.github.io/dynamix/ for install info it says "Do not mix Dynamix and SimpleFeatures plugins, these are not compatible."

1. if i have SF on unRaid 5.0 do i need to unistall it? if not

2. Do need to remove all the other plugins except for SF core.

Just want to clarify so i don hose my self.

Simplest answer is that SimpleFeatures is just NOT entirely compatible with unRAID's final 5.0 Released version.

(I recommend complete uninstall of SF if you are using 5.0 or greater.)(When I say, 'not entirely compatible', there are successes at getting some of the plugins to run, but in my experience, the main interface is functionally broken.)

Uninstall SF. You'll find that Dynamix is a nice replacement.  UnMenu is also highly thought of. Unmenu and Dynamix can coexist. (They listen to different web ports.)

Hi Bonienl

i have found a few shortcommings due to the dynamix gui while swapping out my cache disk

1. there is no refresh button any more

so we always need a reboot to get the new disk in our dropdown list

before i could kind of hotswap a disk by just stopping the array

remove a disk

put another disk

hit the refresh button

and assign the new disk

this is not possible anymore as there is no refresh button

so i had to reboot to see the new disk

2. it is hard to see due to the tabbed ifrastructure which disk is not formatted

you have to go back through all tabs to be sure the format disk will not format a wrong disk (you never know you did something wrong)

this is in fact a shortcomming of the original gui too

it should tell you which disk it will format

but with the tabbed infrastructure now it asks more clicks to verify

Please accept this as constructive comments .. just to make things better

I too resolved my issue.

The Sending address is where I want the status messages sent.

The Error recipients and Email recipients are the sending email address. Not sure why or how. Don't care now. ;) I get updates on my phone every eight hours, and that was the need.

I am happy you got it working, but in a unexpected way. I have another look at the code why this is happening.

Thanks for the feedback.

Reading the http://bergware.github.io/dynamix/ for install info it says "Do not mix Dynamix and SimpleFeatures plugins, these are not compatible."

Say three cars arrive at a car parking and only one parking slot is left. How many cars can park ?

... right, but you can choose which one !

1. there is no refresh button any more

so we always need a reboot to get the new disk in our dropdown list

before i could kind of hotswap a disk by just stopping the array

remove a disk

put another disk

hit the refresh button

and assign the new disk

this is not possible anymore as there is no refresh button

so i had to reboot to see the new disk

It is not necessary to reboot the system.

Press the "main" button and the table is rebuild. Alternatively you can disable the page updating, which gives you back the refresh button.

2. it is hard to see due to the tabbed ifrastructure which disk is not formatted

you have to go back through all tabs to be sure the format disk will not format a wrong disk (you never know you did something wrong)

this is in fact a shortcomming of the original gui too

it should tell you which disk it will format

but with the tabbed infrastructure now it asks more clicks to verify

You have a good point here. I am thinking of adding the drive details together with the format button so people can SEE which drives are going to be formatted without the need of moving between the tabs.

Please accept this as constructive comments .. just to make things better

Thanks for your feedback :)

I too resolved my issue.

The Sending address is where I want the status messages sent.

The Error recipients and Email recipients are the sending email address. Not sure why or how. Don't care now. ;) I get updates on my phone every eight hours, and that was the need.

I am happy you got it working, but in a unexpected way. I have another look at the code why this is happening.

Thanks for the feedback.

It would be interesting to find out how my settings are not functioning as expected. No rush on this, obviously.

Dynamix installs /usr/local/sbin/powerdown which allows you to do a clean powerdown, this is based on the same script used by unMenu.

Can I run it when the Dynamix-GUI is (for whatever reason) not responding or not accessible?

Yes you can by telnetting into your system and execute the powerdown command or press the power button on your system briefly. It isn't perfect though, there are situations it may hang as well.

New version 2.0.9 available.

The main change here is the addition of a list of unformatted drives (if existing) to the Array Operation page. This way the user gets an instant overview of all the unformatted drives without the need to check on the different tabs.

AH I see what you did there.  ;)

Say three cars arrive at a car parking and only one parking slot is left. How many cars can park ?

... right, but you can choose which one !

I just want to say for anyone that has had to HACK SF to install the webserver this was so simple to install and it running in less than 10 minutes. Countless hours hacking SF to get a webserver so i can run vbox.

I just need to know what config file to edit so SOAP is enabled and i will be set.

ALSO one last question, if i used UNMENU email now do i need to disable it and reboot to install the email plugin?

I have very slow write speed after install Dynamix -Web GUI. Before, I have 35MB/s to 32MB/s write speed; but after install Dynamix, my write speed is  slow 18MB/s to 14MB/s. Are there any setting in Dynamix Web GUI to make write speed faster?

Are you experiencing these slow speeds when the webGUI is opened in your browser ?

One thing you can try is to change the page refresh setting to disabled, see settings -> user preferences -> display settings.

ActiveStreams broke with the last update. Says "No active streams" even though there are videos being streamed from the server.

I changed the filtering and need your help, can you telnet into your system while a 'missing' stream is playing and do the following

lsof -i -n -P

Please post the output or attach if it is too long.

Thanks for testing.

Here it is.

**EDIT**: I tested a little more and it seems that it works properly when I access the videos through a share. However, if I access a video through a disk (like if I go to \\tower\disk5\tv\) then it doesn't work.

asdf.txt

Here it is.

**EDIT**: I tested a little more and it seems that it works properly when I access the videos through a share. However, if I access a video through a disk (like if I go to \\tower\disk5\tv\) then it doesn't work.

Thanks for the feedback and testing, it helped me to understand what went wrong.

Indeed access via 'disk' share didn't work, a correction is now available. Use Plugin Control to update the Active Streams plugin.

Now, the Active Stream Plugin is completely without function.

Version 2.0.3 didnt show the IP/User but at least the activ stream.

2.0.4 shows now nothing - no IP/User nor the Stream itself  it says "No active streams". :-\

Are you using SMB or AFP to watch/listen stream ?

Perhaps you can show me the output of the following commands (telnet into your system):

lsof /mnt/user

lsof /mnt/disk?

lsof -i -n -P

Hmmm - good question  ;D

I think, SMB (Windows 7 Clients)

EDIT: Yes its SMB

Perhaps you can show me the output of the following commands (telnet into your system):

lsof /mnt/user

lsof /mnt/disk?

lsof -i -n -P

Of course with some active streams playing :)

How can i make a screenshot of the telnet-window? Wont to type the whole long string  ;)

You can save the ouput of the commands to a file on your flash drive.

lsof /mnt/user > /boot/stream_output.txt

lsof /mnt/disk? >> /boot/stream_output.txt

lsof -i -n -P >> /boot/stream_output.txt

Attach this file to your post.

Ok - i am typing...

lsof /mnt/user shows:

Plex  4899  unraid-plex  51r  REG  0,15  7916464032  1343  /mnt/user/Movies/Action/Pain and Gane.mkv

lsof /mnt/disk shows:

lsof: status error on /mnt/disk: No such file or directory  :-\ - my fault - did a type missmatch  ;)

Thanks for the Info - i got it  ;) - as linux-noob not so easy hehe  :)

stream_output.txt

Ok - i am typing...

lsof /mnt/user shows:

Plex  4899  unraid-plex  51r  REG  0,15  7916464032  1343  /mnt/user/Movies/Action/Pain and Gane.mkv

lsof /mnt/disk shows:

lsof: status error on /mnt/disk: No such file or directory  :-\ - my fault - did a type missmatch  ;)

Thanks for the Info - i got it  ;) - as linux-noob not so easy hehe  :)

Ok, I see the "problem" :)

You are watching the movie using Plex. The filtering I put in place, only looks for SMB (windows shares) and AFP (apple shares).

If you open the movie using the share it should work, meanwhile let me consider if I will include Plex in the allowed filtering ...

• Squid locked this topic