[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

Hi

This is driving me crazy. I'm running 5.0.5 now for some time and for many month everything worked fine. So does the Plex plugin.

A few day ago my Amazon Fire TV told me, that I have to update Plex server. To do so I opened the settings page and clicked on the Plex Media Server icon and all I could see was an empty page like this.

2015-11-04_14-27-52.png

Couldn't find a reason and so decided to completely wipe everything and reinstall plex from scratch.

Unfortunately that didn't help. There is still not access to the configuration page.

Plex is running as I edited /boot/config/plugins/Plexmediaserver/Plexmediaserver.cfg but why is the configuration page not working anymore. I don't have many plugins installed. SNAP is the only one by now.

Any ideas someone?

petjek

You have Dynamix installed.  The jquery it loads conflicts with the one loaded in my plugin at the moment. A fix will be coming out soon.

Not too sure what happens or what to do. I am getting this with Plex and Transmission Plugin.

plugin: installing: /boot/config/plugins-error/Plexmediaserver.plg

Installing Plexmediaserver plugin

Checking for current bundle files

Control file: Not Found

Dependency file: Not found

Check OK!

Downloading new control file

Install failed: Unable to detect internet connection

plugin: run failed: /bin/bash retval: 1

I can update others unraid plugins without any issues.

If I try download the Emby plugins. I get this.

plugin: installing: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PhAzE-Variance/unRAID/master/Plugins/Embyserver.plg

plugin: downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PhAzE-Variance/unRAID/master/Plugins/Embyserver.plg

plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PhAzE-Variance/unRAID/master/Plugins/Embyserver.plg ... done

Installing Embyserver plugin

Checking for current bundle files

Control file: Not Found

Dependency file: Not found

Mono file: Not found

Check OK!

Downloading new control file

Install failed: Unable to detect internet connection

plugin: run failed: /bin/bash retval: 1

Thanks.

I had the exact same issue has this guy.

https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=42131.0

But I managed to re-install Plex, Transmission and Emby Server by playing with the validation that is checking the internet connection. Just setting HasNet to "no" was fine.

Like the guy in that thread I was able to ping stuff and I was able to update other non-PhAzE plugins. I am still not sure what is the issue with the internet connection.

This problem is actually that when the plugin goes to check for an internet connection, it actually tests a connection to github before downloading the plugin files.  github has some strange DNS issue that some unraid users  are not getting responses from when a request is being sent out. I'm not 100% sure why but I know setting your DNS to use google's DNS 8.8.8.8 then installing works, then change your DNS back to your normal one.  Alternatively, keep retrying the install.

just a heads up, i have found the problem with PLEX and it not being able to save settings. This will be updated today.

Also, i have found the issue with jQuery so a fix will be out for all plugins later today also. This issue affects unraid 5 users who are using Dynamix and the block loader doesn't disappear, or the menu doesn't appear. Fixed and tested / working on unraid 5, unraid 5 with dynamix, and unraid 6 (which has dynamix built in).  Instead of adding jQuery based on the unraid version, it now just checks to see if it's loaded already, and loads it if not, regardless of the unraid version.

I've marked down a few other things to look at on my TO DO list:

- transmission libevent issue (need to know what unraid version this problem exists on)

- nzbmegasearch not stopping with array

- sickrage/beard not updating via cron

- adding comictagger to mylar

- verifying lxml installed with coudhpotato (thought this was working already)

- flac tools for headphones

No guarantee as to when those will get completed, but i will get to them.

hi Phaze,

i switched to Sickrage but still no updates:

Stopping SickRage...
Stop OK! 
Installing SickRage...
fatal: Could not change back to '/root': Permission denied
Install failed: Install file missing 

hi phaze, i still have problems with my cronjob & sickbeard_alt (sickrage repo) command to update/ check for updates every night:

05 5 * * * /etc/rc.d/rc.Sickbeard_alt update > /boot/logs/phaze.Sickbeard_alt.txt 2>&1 &

this is the log:

Stopping Sick Beard Alt...
Stop OK: Already stopped 
Installing Sick Beard Alt...
fatal: Could not change back to '/root': Permission denied
Install failed: Install file missing 

every other of your plugin like sab, couch potato, plex, plexconnect, nzbmegasearch and btsync are running fine.

i'm on 6.1.3 and all plugins are up to date.

Can i suggest first switching to my sickrage plugin? I found that the "force update" option can break sickrage when used under sickbeard or sb_alt plugins..

Can you post what shows in the "Activity Log" after you've run this cron and get the error?  I want to see if it at least stops the app, and begins the install process. It should help track down what the issue is.

Hey Everyone,

updates are being uploaded right now for the following fixes.

All Plugins:

- Added a check for jQuery to see if it has been loaded already, and only loads if it has not yet been loaded. This fixes the stuck loader icon

Python Based Plugins:

- Fixed the libxslt dependency for unraid 5 users. It was the wrong version, requiring a newer glibc. This likely was breaking lxml in many apps.

- Updated pyOpenSSL from 0.14 to 0.15.  This version is compatible with the version of OpenSSL that are used in my plugins

Plex:

- Solved the mysterious "unable to save settings" bug.  If password was blank, part of the password parsing code would break, but not anymore!

Headphones:

- Added flac, cuetools, and snhtool support.

I am still looking into the issue with cron and sickbeard type plugins, getting that "unable to change back to /root" error. Seems to be a problem with GIT if the cron is not setup under root user. i just haven't been able to replicate the issue yet. Commictagger support in Mylar will take some time to sort out.

As always, let me know if these updates add any new problems.

-=PhAzE=-

it's interesting. i have some docker's setup for a few of my applications, and this morning, one of them crashed, and took down my entire system. I was pretty sure that this was a major selling feature of docker was that it couldn't do that. Now it seems to me that docker is equally as vulnerable as plugins when it comes to OS stability.

it's interesting. i have some docker's setup for a few of my applications, and this morning, one of them crashed, and took down my entire system. I was pretty sure that this was a major selling feature of docker was that it couldn't do that. Now it seems to me that docker is equally as vulnerable as plugins when it comes to OS stability.

In theory it shouldn't do that, but the problem is in pratice docker isn't perfect.

Hi, I'm new to Unraid and Linux.  I'm running the Sonarr plugin but any directory created by Sonarr is not writable by my Windows users.  Sonarr has a Permissions setting that I can provide some credentials to presumably get around this problem, but I don't have a clue what the info should be.  I see 777 as the common answer, but there's so much more in there like User ID and Group ID.    I assume the Sonarr settings will fix my future problem, but what about directories already created?  I assume I need 2 different fixes for this.  Thanks.

Just a minor BUG to report..

I just update a friends UNRAID to 6.1.3 and reinstalled all his plugins, including Plex Media Server.

When entering his Plex Pass credentials, I would get the following error Unable to login to PlexPass with above credentials.

I looked at the Plexmediaserver.cfg file, and found that the password looked like this "'password'"

I removed the ' ' from the password, and it worked fine.  I've seen other people with this problem so I thought I'd share.

Thanks for the great plugin.

Mike

@Phaze, or anyone else. I am using a Roku 2 to stream

I am on the latest version of the plug-in, I hadn't watch a movie in a while decided to. Of the two movies i watch the same issue happened to both. It would play for 30 40 50 minutes and the movie would stop and state "We are unable to play this movie please make sure that you have access to the server" In fact the server never quit. So i turned to the googles.

I read a couple of articles(were a little dated) that roku has some issues.  i was able to get to the logs of the roku and in once instance it threw the error that trans coder quit. I tried to find the plex log that show transcode but was unsuccessful. A little more research on the plex forums and they blamed roku and others blamed the universal transcoder. 

i also have EMBY server running on Unraid, so i queued up the same movie got to the same spot and the movie kept paying with no issues. which lead me to believe that its plex having the issues. BUT when i watch a that same movie using a pc or thru the web it has no problems  so I am back at square one.

anyone else having a similar issue?

@Phaze, or anyone else. I am using a Roku 2 to stream

I am on the latest version of the plug-in, I hadn't watch a movie in a while decided to. Of the two movies i watch the same issue happened to both. It would play for 30 40 50 minutes and the movie would stop and state "We are unable to play this movie please make sure that you have access to the server" In fact the server never quit. So i turned to the googles.

I read a couple of articles(were a little dated) that roku has some issues.  i was able to get to the logs of the roku and in once instance it threw the error that trans coder quit. I tried to find the plex log that show transcode but was unsuccessful. A little more research on the plex forums and they blamed roku and others blamed the universal transcoder. 

i also have EMBY server running on Unraid, so i queued up the same movie got to the same spot and the movie kept paying with no issues. which lead me to believe that its plex having the issues. BUT when i watch a that same movie using a pc or thru the web it has no problems  so I am back at square one.

anyone else having a similar issue?

Using /tmp as transcode location?

Just upgraded from 5.0.6 to 6.1.3 from scratch, no issues with the plugins :) however the default password fields are like this "'password'" which might cause problems if the user didn't restore and instead setup the cfg files from scratch. Hope the dockers versions are made soon!

Also, will a Subliminal plugin be made in the future? I just realise that I could no longer follow my old way of running it..

Hi PhAzE,

thanks for your wonderful plug-ins. Your sabnzbd plugin uses unrar 5.01, which is very slow unpacking to the array. For a 50gb archive it takes about 1h. I replaced the unrar with version 5.12 (just used a generic linux binary) which is 3 times faster - now the same archive takes about 20min. Unfortunately i have no idea about the plugin structure, so after a reboot i get unrar 5.01 back. If you find the time, maybe you can update unrar to a newer version?

thanks for your fantastic work,

Videodr0me

Hi PhAzE,

thanks for your wonderful plug-ins. Your sabnzbd plugin uses unrar 5.01, which is very slow unpacking to the array. For a 50gb archive it takes about 1h. I replaced the unrar with version 5.12 (just used a generic linux binary) which is 3 times faster - now the same archive takes about 20min. Unfortunately i have no idea about the plugin structure, so after a reboot i get unrar 5.01 back. If you find the time, maybe you can update unrar to a newer version?

thanks for your fantastic work,

Videodr0me

Do you have a link to the package for it?