unRAID Server Release 6.1.3 Available

limetech

Version 6.1.3 is a lot smaller in size, any reason/explanation for that?

All of the decrease is in the folder of included firmware, and almost all of what's removed looks like stuff unrelated to unRAID needs.  I believe Tom overhauled the whole collection when he updated the NIC firmware mentioned in the release notes.

Rob is absolutely right.  In our ongoing quest to make unRAID as minimalistic as possible, Tom found a HUGE chunk of unneeded firmware files that were eradicated from the build. This saved a pretty big chunk (percentage wise) of space.

I'm still having the issue that if the array is stopped unclean (and I swear sometimes even when its clean), AD does not automatically join  When I join it (with the array running) it joins, but does not start the docker service.  When I look at the docker service its at "yes" for started.  I turn it to no, then back to yes and it starts just fine.

What Windows Server version are you using for your domain controller?

2012 R2

Perfect. That's what we have running in the lab right now. I just joined a server to it and will test this out more tomorrow.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got these messages in the syslog:

Sep 21 11:11:58 Storage logger: Warning: stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to unix:///var/run/docker.sock (No such file or directory) in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 490
Sep 21 11:11:58 Storage logger: Couldn't create socket: [2] No such file or directory Done.

I'm not running dockers.

Maybe these are related to the following messaged in the console window:

yes: standard output: Broken pipe
yes: write error

Updated from 6.1.2 to 6.1.3 via plugin, didn't end too well. Wonder if my flash is getting bad and need replacement or if something in 6.1.x strongly dislikes me. Will be prepared for next update to more closely monitor and log the update, as well as have a fresh backup of the key to see if that update also fails, and if so, fails reproducibly. :)

This update looked perfectly normal at first, until syncing took way longer than expected and then things got weird...

syncing - please wait...
Update successful - PLEASE REBOOT YOUR SERVER

Warning: copy(/boot/config/plugins/unRAIDServer.plg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.plugin.manager/scripts/plugin on line 523
plugin: updated

Despite the "Update successful", the system wouldn't boot. Not that I really expected everything to be fine given the warning, of course, but it is very unfortunate to get the "Update successful" message when the reboot will fail. All updated files showed up as 0 bytes on another computer, including the contents of the "previous" folder. Filesystem needed repair, obviously, as well as a complete re-install.

6.1.3 up and running now. Yay for 44MB of fresh usable RAM!

I seem to have lost the 'Done' button when removing a plugin.

I suppose you are talking about the Done button in the popup window which shows the removal details.

The button only appears when the removal part is finished, if execution of some command in here is 'hanging', it won't finish.

With which plugin(s) do you observe this (I just removed one of the Dynamix plugins and this works as expected)?

I seem to have lost the 'Done' button when removing a plugin.

I suppose you are talking about the Done button in the popup window which shows the removal details.

The button only appears when the removal part is finished, if execution of some command in here is 'hanging', it won't finish.

With which plugin(s) do you observe this (I just removed one of the Dynamix plugins and this works as expected)?

Yes.  The 'Done' button in question is when the plugin is removed.  The plugin removed message is showing up, but no button.

I am working on a recycle bin plugin and while working on it I noticed the missing button.

Here is the link:

https://github.com/dlandon/recycle.bin/raw/master/recycle.bin.plg

It shows the 'Done' button if the recycle bin has not started.  If the recycle bin is started, it will stop it at the removal stage and that's when I get the missing 'Done' button.

It has to restart samba in order to remove the recycle bin settings.  I wonder if this isn't causing an issue.  I don't see how it is related, but one never knows.

I just did a test and it is related to restarting samba.

Change this in the plugin:

# Stop recycle bin.
/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/recycle.bin/scripts/rc.recycle.bin stop

To this:

/etc/rc.d/rc.samba restart

And it will cause the missing button.

I'm not sure you need my plugin.  It looks to be related to restarting samba in the uninstall script.

I used your test plugin, the issue is the same as seen earlier with the installation part: starting another script makes the installation/removal hang. The (your) workaround was to make a dummy file which was called by "at" to do the actual execution.

I've tried this workaround method for the plugin removal, but can't get it to work, maybe I am overlooking something!

Better is though to figure out how to make script calling work in the plugin manager script...

I'm not sure you need my plugin.  It looks to be related to restarting samba in the uninstall script.

I used your test plugin, the issue is the same as seen earlier with the installation part: starting another script makes the installation/removal hang. The (your) workaround was to make a dummy file which was called by "at" to do the actual execution.

I've tried this workaround method for the plugin removal, but can't get it to work, maybe I am overlooking something!

Better is though to figure out how to make script calling work in the plugin manager script...

Attached is the plugin script that I got to work.  I remember the issue.  I had it with SNAP installation.

How do we get a built in script like rc.samba to not hang up the plugin?  I think this is really up to LT to manage in the plugin manager.

EDIT: Sorry forgot the attachment.

test.plg

Attached is the plugin script that I got to work.  I remember the issue.  I had it with SNAP installation.

How do we get a built in script like rc.samba to not hang up the plugin?  I think this is really up to LT to manage in the plugin manager.

Perhaps make that statement: at -M -f /tmp/samba_restart.sh now 2>/dev/null

This will prevent sending mail on execution of "at" and suppress errors (which may result in a mail)

I had a look at the plugin manager and can see in which part it goes wrong, but haven't an answer (yet) how to correct, perhaps LT can have a look too.

Perhaps make that statement: at -M -f /tmp/samba_restart.sh now 2>/dev/null

This will prevent sending mail on execution of "at" and suppress errors (which may result in a mail)

I had a look at the plugin manager and can see in which part it goes wrong, but haven't an answer (yet) how to correct, perhaps LT can have a look too.

I made your recommended changes.

This has been an issue for a long time.  Hopefully LT can have a look and get it fixed.  I don't care much for the "quick and dirty" trick I have to use to get it to work.  I also have to add a sleep to be sure samba has a chance to restart so I don't pull the rug out from under it when removing the plugin script.  Delays are a poor programming practice and I do everything I can to avoid them.

While is's relatively minor, it could eventually cause problems if a user closes the window running the plugin removal before it is done because they don't expect to see the 'Done' button.

Should I report this as a bug?

Finally upgraded an actual server (other than my test box) to v6 with this release today, and have discovered an issue.    This is on an old SuperMicro C2SEA board with an Adaptec 1430SA controller ... but the issue is the same regardless of whether the disk involved is connected to the motherboard or the 1430SA.

... When the server boots, the drives are all shown just fine on the Main tab, including the temps.

But if I wait until the drives spin down, and then access one (which spins it back up), the temperature is not shown.  Even if I access ALL of them this is still true.    If I click the "Spin Up" button the temps come back ... but in normal operation this means I would NEVER see drive temps.

Note that if I go to the Dashboard and click on the Smart icon for any spun-up drives I can see the temps in that data ... but that's not nearly as convenient as glancing at the main tab.

The only installed plugins are Powerdown and Dynamix Cache Directories => is there any chance either of these is causing this behavior??

Drives are a mix of primarily old 2TB EADS and EARS units and some newer 4TB WD Reds.

... By the way, the little green dot that indicates the drive is spun up works just fine => it's only the Temp column that's not working [it's filled with asterisks instead of temperatures  :)]

Temperature display is controlled independently from the other disk readings on the main page and may cause status to go out of sync.

To minimize sync issues, you can lower the Tunable (poll_attributes) time under disk settings (default is 30 minutes), at the expense of more disk reading (smartctl).

Ultimately an improved disk spin up/down detection may be needed for the temperature reading, but this is something LT has to look into.