[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Hi All!

I'm struggling with slow speeds with DelugeVPN. I watched spaceinvaderone's tutorial, set it up for wireguard using PureVPN. Have specified the port that I forwarded within the PureVPN configuration page and am getting super slow down speeds. I saw the note in the FAQ related to "Strict_port_forward" and PIA users potential for slow speeds, but since I'm using PureVPN it seems that won't apply.

If I use deluge as a thick client on my Linux desktop I'll get 6MB down with the same VPN service/server, so my Internet connection and the server I'm using shouldn't be the bottleneck. Any help is appreciated!

DownSpeed.png

Portconfig.png

When I set my sabnzb to send its traffic through delugevpn it appears to work based on the Ip output of curl ifconfig.io. However, when I add the 8080 port to delugevpn so I can access the sabnzb web interface, the sabnzb docker goes in to a continuous loop of rebuilding and never appears to complete the startup process. Has anyone run in to this before or have any suggestions?

Hi Binhex, 

I use both your sabnzbdvpn and delugevpn suddenly i couldn't connect to the WebUi for both, i though it might be a vpn issue, because when i disabled the vpn through the docker container, it would go to the webui's. 

Tried a different openvpn config file, removed my port forward, changed docker container versions.
I just can't see, what is causing this issue, happen a couple weeks ago..
so i have followed: documentation/docker/faq/help.md at master · binhex/documentation · GitHub

I hope you can help me with an answer for this annoying issue i have,, 
I have airvpn..

Edited by UserName7
43 minutes ago, UserName7 said:

Hi Binhex, 

I use both your sabnzbdvpn and delugevpn suddenly i couldn't connect to the WebUi for both, i though it might be a vpn issue, because when i disabled the vpn through the docker container, it would go to the webui's. 

Tried a different openvpn config file, removed my port forward, changed docker container versions.
I just can't see, what is causing this issue, happen a couple weeks ago..
so i have followed: documentation/docker/faq/help.md at master · binhex/documentation · GitHub

I hope you can help me with an answer for this annoying issue i have,, 
I have airvpn..

supervisord.log 969.79 kB · 0 downloads

from your attached log:-
AUTH_FAILED

see Q16:-  https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

1 minute ago, UserName7 said:

not username og password for airvpn, am i right??

there is still authentication, it is baked into your ovpn file, so goto airvpn and re-create the ovpn file and overwrite the existing file, that should do it.

On 1/8/2024 at 11:24 AM, binhex said:

ok in that case you need to contact airvpn, tell them you are seeing auth_failed when attempting to connect using openvpn client.

So i contacted airvpn, and they could see a connection directly to my delugevpn working fine, and i double checked, it is actually working, i just cannot get into webui unless i disable the vpn in the docker container.. 
I am just curious do you have any idea on what i could do now? also can you see anything in the logs now?? 
I am made fresh logs from today, i cant see the auth_failed anymore?? 
What is going on..... so weird :D 

Logs have been running for 5 minutes, but not updated since the webgui started it says, i just can't open it........

Edited by UserName7
54 minutes ago, UserName7 said:

So i contacted airvpn, and they could see a connection directly to my delugevpn working fine, and i double checked, it is actually working, i just cannot get into webui unless i disable the vpn in the docker container.. 
I am just curious do you have any idea on what i could do now? also can you see anything in the logs now?? 
I am made fresh logs from today, i cant see the auth_failed anymore?? 
What is going on..... so weird :D 

Logs have been running for 5 minutes, but not updated since the webgui started it says, i just can't open it........

supervisord.log 53.95 kB · 0 downloads

what is the ip of the machine running the web browser that is attempting connection to the web ui? is it in the range of 192.168.162.0 - 192.168.162.7 ?

4 minutes ago, binhex said:

what is the ip of the machine running the web browser that is attempting connection to the web ui? is it in the range of 192.168.162.0 - 192.168.162.7 ?

the server is running on 192.168.162.2/29 
all by itself, nothing else is on that scope. 
everything else i run on different vlans
Server runs multiple docker containers, hope that gave some answers?

the server is running on 192.168.162.2/29 
all by itself, nothing else is on that scope. 
everything else i run on different vlans
Server runs multiple docker containers, hope that gave some answers?

im not after the ip of the server, i was asking about the ip of the machine you are using to attempt connection to the web ui, what is it?, if its not in the range i stated above then that is your issue (highly suspect this is the case). 

to fix it simply add in your additional vlan's that you want to access the web ui from using a comma to separate values, for example:-

LAN_NETWORK = 192.168.162.0/29,192.168.164.0/24,192.168.166.0/24

obviously the above is an example i dont know how you have defined your vlans but hopefully you get the idea.

3 minutes ago, binhex said:

im not after the ip of the server, i was asking about the ip of the machine you are using to attempt connection to the web ui, what is it?, if its not in the range i stated above then that is your issue (highly suspect this is the case). 

to fix it simply add in your additional vlan's that you want to access the web ui from using a comma to separate values, for example:-

LAN_NETWORK = 192.168.162.0/29,192.168.164.0/24,192.168.166.0/24

obviously the above is an example i dont know how you have defined your vlans but hopefully you get the idea.

Yes, i actually read about that in your documentation, and i already did add that vlan, that did not help me unfortunaly not.

Just now, UserName7 said:

Yes, i actually read about that in your documentation, and i already did add that vlan, that did not help me unfortunaly not.

so what is the value of LAN_NETWORK now and what is the ip of the machine running the web browser?.

apparently it works now, THANK YOU so much for all the help binhex, i will use your app forward on with all this quick responds and help you give, awesome!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, binhex said:

so what is the value of LAN_NETWORK now and what is the ip of the machine running the web browser?.

The problem i have now, is that when i add the ip scope, when it is succusfully changed in the docker container, it removes it from the list after i click done. 
When i edit the docker, it is gone, why?? 

The problem i have now, is that when i add the ip scope, when it is succusfully changed in the docker container, it removes it from the list after i click done. 
When i edit the docker, it is gone, why?? 

sorry i dont know what you mean, can you post some screenshots?

Just now, UserName7 said:

Screenshot 2024-01-09 104920.png

Screenshot 2024-01-09 105011.png

so you left clicked the deluge icon in unraid docker web ui and selected edit and then edited the Key 9 (LAN_NETWORK) right?, if not thats what you have to do, then click 'apply' at the bottom.

1 minute ago, binhex said:

so you left clicked the deluge icon in unraid docker web ui and selected edit and then edited the Key 9 (LAN_NETWORK) right?, if not thats what you have to do, then click 'apply' at the bottom.

that is what i do, and when i press apply, it changes back to only that 1 ip address and does not show the one i added?

19 minutes ago, UserName7 said:

that is what i do, and when i press apply, it changes back to only that 1 ip address and does not show the one i added?

that is not normal, are you sue your usb key is ok?, keep in mind docker template config is stored on the usb key, so if the key is corrupt then you may start seeing weird issues such as this.

try temporarily saving another change for another container, does this stick or does this also revert back?.

23 minutes ago, binhex said:

that is not normal, are you sue your usb key is ok?, keep in mind docker template config is stored on the usb key, so if the key is corrupt then you may start seeing weird issues such as this.

try temporarily saving another change for another container, does this stick or does this also revert back?.

funny thing, my usb is saying it failed read/write, already ordered new usb.. it is buggy, maybe it was that thing that caused all my other small issues i have... 

Another thing, i think i saw your post somewhere, but i want to remove the standard deluge password, any quick way to do that? 
or is it coming in an update soon? :)