[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

5 minutes ago, nikkinrob said:

Im noticing when PRIVOXY is enabled, i never can connect, I turn if off, and usually can connect fairly quickly

absolutely nothing to do with privoxy, privoxy is purely an app which makes use of the tunnel, it has no interaction with pia (or any other vpn provider), so it was a coincidence.

16 minutes ago, cardo said:

trangely, binhex’s rTorrent VPN docker using Mullvad without forwarding working I can get 82-85MB/sec on my gigabit connection, but the same torrent with next gen in DelugeVPN won’t get above 22-24MB/sec and that’s using the high performance options with the ItConfig plugin. 

i have always seen significantly better performance with rtorrent/rutorrent (my vpn app of choice) than i have with deluge, dont ask me why but there you go, have a look at the following link Q6 for tips and tricks on performance improvements:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, binhex said:

i have always seen significantly better performance with rtorrent/rutorrent (my vpn app of choice) than i have with deluge, dont ask me why but there you go, have a look at the following link Q6 for tips and tricks on performance improvements:-

Just tried your rTorrent container & tested a radarr addition, got speeds at the level I'd expect when downloading (roughly 8-10Mib/s, which is a far cry from the 600Kib/s I was getting in Deluge😂). I'll have a look at setting that up properly to use for the time being, & keep Deluge on for nextgen testing for now.

Edit: spoke too soon - seem to have gone back to having a global DL rate of ~600Kib/s. Must be PIA, but still annoying why others are showing much faster rates in line with their connection speed than I seem to be able to achieve when it's specifically through unraid torrent dockers 😕

Edited by xxDeadbolt
  • Like 1

I have successfully connected to Montreal via PIA. Thanks @Binhex!!

One question: How do I know what my VPN IP is? I remember before that I saw my IP in the lower right hand corner of the Deluge GUI.

It now says "N/A" after success with VPN connection.

EDIT 1 - Disregard question. When I started downloading, the VPN IP popped up.

All is in good order and I am downloading at 10MB/s

- Thanks

Edited by UnBeastRaid
21 minutes ago, UnBeastRaid said:

I have successfully connected to Montreal via PIA. Thanks @Binhex!!

One question: How do I know what my VPN IP is? I remember before that I saw my IP in the lower right hand corner of the Deluge GUI.

It now says "N/A" after success with VPN connection.

- Thanks

My external ip is showing accurately in the bottom right. I didn't pay attention when I first connected...so I'm not sure if it refreshes at some interval or not?

On 9/24/2020 at 2:25 PM, binhex said:

PIA Users - Fancy being a guinea pig for Next-Gen OpenVPN support?, if so read here:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44109-support-binhex-delugevpn/?do=findComment&comment=433617

So I figured I would give this a try since I have been getting really shitty speeds. Anyway I want to make sure that I didn't do anything wrong here. This is what I am getting in my logs. Let me know if there is something wrong or if I should be patient with this. I pretty followed your instructions, was able to download the test version and move over the new OpenVPN Files. 

Edited by SiRMarlon

I've been running it for around 24 hours now, and am consistently getting

[warn] PIA VPN port assignment API currently down, terminating OpenVPN process to force retry for incoming port...

Not sure if this is on PIA's end or an issue with the container, but figured I'd mention it. Using new PEM/CRT with CA Montreal.

5 hours ago, SiRMarlon said:

So I figured I would give this a try since I have been getting really shitty speeds. Anyway I want to make sure that I didn't do anything wrong here. This is what I am getting in my logs. Let me know if there is something wrong or if I should be patient with this. I pretty followed your instructions, was able to download the test version and move over the new OpenVPN Files. 

man that took a long as time but it finally connected and I am up and running! Thanks @binhex

Edited by SiRMarlon
Was able to eventually connect to Toronto using Next gen and :test Build, Would not download though, Disabled strict Port Forwarding, and is downloading now!
There a coincidence, disabling port forwarding, which is what setting strict port forward to no does, will have no bearing on your ability to download.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

So i am using the test release as well. 
Trying to connect to Amsterdam takes about 18-ish minutes.

And after connect the speed doesnt get above 400-600kb/s. Any tips what I can try to improve this?

edit:
As soon as the docker is running... My internet connection gets unstable. Not sure why, but pinging to 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 often times out. and even a ping to my modem/router averages to 500ms response time. Might the docker/vpn overwhelm my modem or/and do I have a shitty modem?
(this problem existed before PIA changed anything. But back then it only happend after a week or so.. and a restart fixed it.

Edited by Druiff
22 hours ago, binhex said:

Thanks for that.  I was able to get your Deluge docker up to 62-64MB/sec by unchecking incoming and outgoing UDP, but it’s still roughly 20 fewer than rTorrent using Mullvad as the provider with. port forwarding not working. I’m curious to see if PIA is faster once you get done testing next gen and update the rTorrent container. 

On 9/25/2020 at 11:45 AM, binhex said:

not really, i just wanted to see if you guinea pigs squealed with delight or misery when attempting to use the new image :-), looks like its mostly delight. so im pleased.

No squealing here.

First attempt with Swiss endpoint was left for 4+ hours, no connection established (same errors others have seen)

Second attempt, I changed to the sweden endpoint, 5 minutes later we are up and running.

I cant say its quicker, but I seem to be finding more torrent peers, but this could obviously be my imagination and/or torrent related

1 hour ago, Druiff said:

So i am using the test release as well. 
Trying to connect to Amsterdam takes about 18-ish minutes.

And after connect the speed doesnt get above 400-600kb/s. Any tips what I can try to improve this?

edit:
As soon as the docker is running... My internet connection gets unstable. Not sure why, but pinging to 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 often times out. and even a ping to my modem/router averages to 500ms response time. Might the docker/vpn overwhelm my modem or/and do I have a shitty modem?
(this problem existed before PIA changed anything. But back then it only happend after a week or so.. and a restart fixed it.

Sounds like similar thing to me - I'm getting those speeds as well (I should be roughly 10-13MB/s) - Probably not the router itself, I use the Asus RT-AC86U, but I don't get those ping results, though.

• Like 1

So like everyone else I am having issues with PIA port forwarding, decided to be a guinea pig, connected to Austria fine. However I'm still getting the issue in Sonarr and Radarr that is throwing out an error saying they cant connect to any indexers, is this related to this PIA issue or something else? I'm not smart enough to figure this stuff out...

2 minutes ago, glaedr223 said:

So like everyone else I am having issues with PIA port forwarding, decided to be a guinea pig, connected to Austria fine. However I'm still getting the issue in Sonarr and Radarr that is throwing out an error saying they cant connect to any indexers, is this related to this PIA issue or something else? I'm not smart enough to figure this stuff out...

This is going to be related to your Jackett instance or whatever else your using for indexers

4 minutes ago, glaedr223 said:

depends. have you run them through PIA as well? because the indexers might just block those vpn servers. ;)

30 minutes ago, glaedr223 said:

I have CouchPotato/Jacket working fine through DelugeVPN Privoxy

Edited by PeterB