[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

8 hours ago, JonathanM said:

Since the app controls the listening IP, you should simply change the IP in radarr itself.

Thanks. Definitely something I should have thought of on my own, so a good reminder that I could do that. Unfortunately I've also got other containers where I don't have that control, or that it doesn't work (ie. binhex-sabnzbd)

Hi 

I'm having problem with docker container: 

--------------------

2022-08-23 19:00:07,717 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

[info] Attempting to bring WireGuard interface 'up'...

2022-08-23 19:00:07,730 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

Warning: `/config/wireguard/wg0.conf' is world accessible

2022-08-23 19:00:07,741 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

[#] ip -4 route add my.vps.ipadress via 172.25.0.1 dev eth0

2022-08-23 19:00:07,743 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

Error: Nexthop has invalid gateway.

2022-08-23 19:00:07,745 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

Unable to access interface: No such device

2022-08-23 19:00:07,746 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

[#] ip link delete dev wg0

2022-08-23 19:00:07,752 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

Cannot find device "wg0"

2022-08-23 19:00:07,753 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

[warn] WireGuard interface failed to come 'up', exit code is '1'

2022-08-23 19:00:37,760 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

[info] Attempting to bring WireGuard interface 'up'...

2022-08-23 19:00:37,773 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

Warning: `/config/wireguard/wg0.conf' is world accessible

2022-08-23 19:00:37,784 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

[#] ip -4 route add my.vps.ipadress via 172.25.0.1 dev eth0

2022-08-23 19:00:37,787 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

Error: Nexthop has invalid gateway.

2022-08-23 19:00:37,789 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

Unable to access interface: No such device

2022-08-23 19:00:37,789 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

[#] ip link delete dev wg0

2022-08-23 19:00:37,796 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

Cannot find device "wg0"

2022-08-23 19:00:37,796 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

[warn] WireGuard interface failed to come 'up', exit code is '1'

Why is it trying to route my vps ip adress trought 172.25.0.1 when gateways adress of my container is 172.21.0.1?

What can I do to change it?

On 8/18/2022 at 6:48 AM, Cotanaj said:

Version 2.1.1

Default password no longer functional. 

Behavior

• Upon clicking the login button with default password "deluge", entered credentials are removed and login pop-in window is reset asking for a password. No login failure notice. 
  • If I try anything else other than "deluge", I get the proper login failed message "You entered an incorrect password"
  • Integration with Sonarr & Radarr still functional. 

Testing so far

• I have uninstalled the app
  • -rm the app data
  • Reinstalled 
  • No change in behavior. 
  • Tried authentication in multiple browsers and machines. 

Any suggestions?

I just had this. I've been using this container perfectly for at least a couple of years on the same machine.

The gui password not working in my windows browser seemed to be existant with all my live torrents disappearing from deluge. Preferences stayed set perfectly.

I've rolled back 6.11.rc3 through 6.10.3 to 6.92. 6.11.rc3 went badly from the upgrade reboot and was completely unstable, 6.10.3 i was never fully convinced of stability but it had some good features so i ran with it. I think both of these releases have been corrupting my install (6.11.rc3 was immediate, 6.10. was slowly) with 6.11.rc3 straight away changing all sorts of settings that i had to work out and change/redo.

The first thing that went haywire was my firefox docker. Then last night my machine had what i can only describe as a stroke...didn't shut down or become unresponsive but a drive went offline, cache pool became unmountable, handbrake killed itself and lost it's to-do list and deluge restarted but then i couldn't log-in to it with the recurring password entry field.

I manually rolled back to 6.9.2 (as it was the last version i was happy with the stability) and my cache pool appeared fine as if nothing had happened....multiple reboots and power-downs didn't do this on 6.10.3.

Oddly, the password field worked in the docker gui from my firefox docker (but not my desktop browser) and my torrent list is gone. The firefox docker could still activate magnet links so i just hit the first torrent i found and once i had a torrent in the list the desktop browser could also log in to the gui....weird. I need to now look at getting my torrent list back...something likely got corrupted in appdata during the 'stroke' that caused the cache to drop out.

I've tested all my hardware (memtest was run overnight after the 6.11.rc3 mess) and it's all looking good. I'm not experienced enough with software to figure out what's going on but my gut-feel is that 6.10-onwards has something underlying wrong...most likely one of the 3rd-party packages.

6 hours ago, unBurstium said:

The first thing that went haywire was my firefox docker. Then last night my machine had what i can only describe as a stroke...didn't shut down or become unresponsive but a drive went offline, cache pool became unmountable, handbrake killed itself and lost it's to-do list and deluge restarted but then i couldn't log-in to it with the recurring password entry field.

Oddly, the password field worked in the docker gui from my firefox docker (but not my desktop browser) and my torrent list is gone. The firefox docker could still activate magnet links so i just hit the first torrent i found and once i had a torrent in the list the desktop browser could also log in to the gui....weird. I need to now look at getting my torrent list back...something likely got corrupted in appdata during the 'stroke' that caused the cache to drop out.

I've tested all my hardware (memtest was run overnight after the 6.11.rc3 mess) and it's all looking good. I'm not experienced enough with software to figure out what's going on but my gut-feel is that 6.10-onwards has something underlying wrong...most likely one of the 3rd-party packages.

I logged in on the server GUI and was able to launch and login to deluge with no issue with the default password. I was hoping that changing the password there would clear something up on the WebUI and it did not. WebUI behavior regardless of password. I also removed it all (including app data) and installed deluge from the linuxserver's repo and the behavior was the same. I did notice since it was the first time logging it did ask to change the default password (see attached photo) but it was de-emphasized and therefore not accessible.

Being able to login from the server got me functional so thank you. I am however looking forward to a fix.

Additional note: that "stroke" is unfortunately sounding familiar... for another thread since it does not sound related (at least for me) 

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 10.22.45 AM.png

5 hours ago, Cotanaj said:

I logged in on the server GUI and was able to launch and login to deluge with no issue with the default password. I was hoping that changing the password there would clear something up on the WebUI and it did not. WebUI behavior regardless of password. I also removed it all (including app data) and installed deluge from the linuxserver's repo and the behavior was the same. I did notice since it was the first time logging it did ask to change the default password (see attached photo) but it was de-emphasized and therefore not accessible.

Being able to login from the server got me functional so thank you. I am however looking forward to a fix.

Glad you got in eventually. I've never been presented with the 'change default password' option, ever.

Additional note: that "stroke" is unfortunately sounding familiar... for another thread since it does not sound related (at least for me) 

Can you point me to the thread you think is similar to what i experienced, please? I'll go and read/contribute if it's relevant.

17 hours ago, unBurstium said:

Can you point me to the thread you think is similar to what i experienced, please? I'll go and read/contribute if it's relevant.

I may have been was wrong here. Since my last post, if I put any load on Deluge, it "strokes". I am not sure if its when it needs to move the data post complete or what but it is consistent. 

I had syslog to flash turned on and its pulled post "Stroke" & hard reset. 

syslog

We're on completely different hardware so there isn't a commonality there.

I'm an AMD 3800X on an Asrock X370 Professional Gaming with an AMD HD6450 GPU installed for troubleshooting (PCIe x1...really handy).

I have an evaluation machine running an AMD 4650G on Mint and my experience with that is awful and i thought the same thing had happened here...every few kernel updates give me problems and eventually no boot. The linux community knows and accepts this with a shrug of the shoulders. I thought this might be the case here but it's clearly not AMD-specific. Doesn't stop it being a different 3rd-party package

I have delugevpn running all the time but i don't know if it's the cause or a symptom.

What i do know is that with the same hardware and config instability appeared after upgrade to 6.10.3 then got worse after a bunch of plugin updates (that coincided with 6.11.rc3 being released) and then when i updated to 6.11.rc3 it all went completely haywire.

My current line of thinking: The moving of the files once a download is complete is suspiciously aligned to when the entire server becomes unresponsive "strokes". I'm going to try RtorrentVPN and see if I get stable pulls and moves with a significant load to see if I can point to a config or hardware issue. 

On 8/1/2020 at 2:13 AM, FreeMan said:

As another ProtonVPN user I was excited to find this! I followed your quoted version of @shaunsund post and integrated it with Spaceinvader One's video instructions, but I cannot get to the GUI.

After typing up a long description of what I'd been through trying to get this to work, I decided to try one more thing. Just for the heck of it, I edited the docker settings to disable the VPN. I started the docker and was able to get to the GUI. I closed the tab, edited the docker settings to enable VPN and restarted the docker. Lo and behold, I can now get to the Deluge GUI!

I have no idea why or how that worked.

I will leave two little nuggets, though, for fellow ProtonVPN users:

1) Don't forget to grab your OpenVPN / IKEv2 username/pwd from your Proton account and set them up in the config. You cannot use your ProtonVPN/ProtonMail userID/pwd to access the VPN via 3rd party apps!

2) Make sure you download a specific country/server ovpn file, or you may not get connected to a server that supports P2P.

To add to this:

I kept getting an error that said this:

Options error: Maximum number of 'remote' options (64) exceeded 

That happened when I downloaded the country .ovpn files. (I tried the fix that binhex posted here, but it didn't work.)

- I tried to cut down on the size, and made it work with 20 servers. I don't know what wouild be maximum for it to work, but it worked with 20.
It worked without problems with specific server .ovpn files.

TLDR:
Put in the username and password in delugevpn on the Unraiud WebUI, add the .ovpn file as it is, in the "openvpn" folder.

Good Day All

I am new to DelugeVPN. I have it installed and running with the NordVPN OpenVPN config file. It seemingly works. But I have an issue I cannot find the answer to. I have searched this forum and only 3 posts come up with the error I am experiencing. My desktop runs Ubuntu. When I try to proxy the desktop through the DelugeVPN Docker the VPN works but I cannot access any GUI via LAN address like unRAID or my pfSense router. unRAID returns a 503 error and the router page times out. As soon as I disable the manual proxy settings the wed Guis return. 

Thanks in advance

Edited by elco1965

Hey,

I'm using delugevpn, with Docker, on a Synology.

I'm wondering if there's a way to send the completed download to a folder outside the /data.

For instance, my /data path is: /usbshare1-2/Torrent (external HDD)

But I have another shared folder (/volume1/videos) where I have and send all my videos (NAS).

delugevpn_path.jpg

On 8/31/2022 at 5:47 AM, elco1965 said:

My desktop runs Ubuntu. When I try to proxy the desktop through the DelugeVPN Docker the VPN works but I cannot access any GUI via LAN address like unRAID or my pfSense router. 

I think you need to bypass the proxy for access to devices on your local LAN, otherwise the requests are proxied through the VPN tunnel which doesn't have access to your local devices.

Add your local LAN network range (e.g. 192.168.1.0/24) to the Ignore Hosts field in the Ubuntu Proxy manager.

On 8/31/2022 at 8:42 PM, Ostracizado said:

Hey,

I'm using delugevpn, with Docker, on a Synology.

I'm wondering if there's a way to send the completed download to a folder outside the /data.

For instance, my /data path is: /usbshare1-2/Torrent (external HDD)

But I have another shared folder (/volume1/videos) where I have and send all my videos (NAS).

delugevpn_path.jpg

Yes, add another variable to DelugeVPN docker

Type = Path

Name = completed

Container path = /completed

Host Path = /volume1/videos

Access mode = Read/Write

2025589375_ScreenShot2022-09-03at11_07_53am.png.4e1be11975bea007cbc95ee6afb29deb.png

Open Deluge Web UI, go to Preferences/Downloads, enable Move completed to and type in /completed
2146548424_ScreenShot2022-09-03at11_03_52am.png.0347da88fc233038c20ce64b8e998d18.png

Important:

If you use any other integrated docker apps like Radarr, Sonarr etc. you'll need to add the same path variable to those dockers with the exact same name and capitalization.

This is because when Deluge has completed a download and moved it to the new destination, it will tell Radarr that the file is available at /completed/filename.mov.

If you don't add the matching path variable to the Radarr docker, Radarr doesn't have a way to access /completed and the import will fail.

This is all working on unraid, I assume Synology works the same way...

7 hours ago, Jorgen said:

Yes, add another variable to DelugeVPN docker

Type = Path

Name = completed

Container path = /completed

Host Path = /volume1/videos

Access mode = Read/Write

2025589375_ScreenShot2022-09-03at11_07_53am.png.4e1be11975bea007cbc95ee6afb29deb.png

Open Deluge Web UI, go to Preferences/Downloads, enable Move completed to and type in /completed
2146548424_ScreenShot2022-09-03at11_03_52am.png.0347da88fc233038c20ce64b8e998d18.png

Important:

If you use any other integrated docker apps like Radarr, Sonarr etc. you'll need to add the same path variable to those dockers with the exact same name and capitalization.

This is because when Deluge has completed a download and moved it to the new destination, it will tell Radarr that the file is available at /completed/filename.mov.

If you don't add the matching path variable to the Radarr docker, Radarr doesn't have a way to access /completed and the import will fail.

This is all working on unraid, I assume Synology works the same way...

*Facepalm*

Thanks, Jorgen. Only now I noticed I was using the path (/volume1/video) in the Web Ui instead of /completed.

Working fine now.

Has anyone had any luck getting VPNSecure working on Deluge?

A simple install of the DelugeVPN docker with no VPN assigned in setup (Key 1) and everything works file but as soon as i use my VPNSecure credentials it cannot connect to the WebUI.

Settings:
Key 1: yes
Key 2: <my VPNSecure username>
Key 3: <my VPNsecure password>
Key 4: custom
Key 5: openvpn

I've placed the downloaded .ovpn file (nl1-myusername.ovpn) as well as 'dh2048.pem' and 'myusername.crt' into /appdata/binhex-delugevpn/openvpn

I think my private key has a passphrase from a previous log

2022-09-03 22:10:30 neither stdin nor stderr are a tty device and you have neither a controlling tty nor systemd - can't ask for 'Enter Private Key Password:'.  If you used --daemon, you need to use --askpass to make passphrase-protected keys work, and you can not use --auth-nocache.

I've made a file with the encryption key i was supplied (myusername.pass), placed it in /appdata/binhex-delugevpn/openvpn then in Key 6 (VPN_OPTIONS) i've added '--askpass /config/openvpn/myusername.pass'

Still no luck. can anyone help? Also stupid question, does /config/openvpn in the key point to that appdata folder?

I've set Debug to true and scrubbed the supervisord.log below with xxx's. Key 12 (DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL) was 'info', not sure if that should also be 'debug'.

https://www.vpnsecure.me/

supervisord.log.2

On 9/2/2022 at 5:54 PM, Jorgen said:

I think you need to bypass the proxy for access to devices on your local LAN, otherwise the requests are proxied through the VPN tunnel which doesn't have access to your local devices.

Add your local LAN network range (e.g. 192.168.1.0/24) to the Ignore Hosts field in the Ubuntu Proxy manager.

That was it. Thank you fro the help.

On 8/27/2022 at 8:10 AM, unBurstium said:

I have delugevpn running all the time but i don't know if it's the cause or a symptom.

I think I found a contributing factor (at least for me).
It was not the client: I did end up switching to qbittorent + vuetorrent UI and had the same issue. I have stability and excellent performance now that I reconfigured my shares and started to leverage hard links. I have not had a "stroke" since the switch (fingers crossed). Here is the trash guide to set it up. I hope this helps. 

I think I found a contributing factor (at least for me).
It was not the client: I did end up switching to qbittorent + vuetorrent UI and had the same issue. I have stability and excellent performance now that I reconfigured my shares and started to leverage hard links. I have not had a "stroke" since the switch (fingers crossed). Here is the trash guide to set it up. I hope this helps. 

Thanks for the link. I'll check out the guide and YT video around hardlinks and atomic moves.

I don't actually think it's a deluge problem. Something fundamental is going on in unraid from 10.6.x onwards. I noticed odd behaviour the instant i updated to 10.6.3 and then a bunch of plugin updates made things worse. Whatever is going on is affecting the file structure and i was getting drive errors that went away by 'regressing' to 6.9.2. I updated the myservers plugin yesterday and it sent me in to a whole heap of pain again (even on 6.9.2) with yet more random crashing. I deleted that plugin and i've now been operating many torrents on delugevpn, re-encoding with handbrake (x264>x265), multiple files merged with mkvtoolnix and lots of media accessing (across multiple disks) all at the same time with zero hiccups or disk errors for the last 24hrs.

I think it's either a fundamentally broken 3rd-party package or it's a backwards-compatibility problem which could be caused by a change/implementation of functionality.

Re the VPNSecure problems i'm having. I've just heard back from them and they have given me my private client key without a password

A couple of newby questions. I'm using a Ubiquiti router and should i forward any of the  host ports? Didnt think so as it seems to work without the VPN aspect added.

They also say "Unfortunately, port forwarding is not supported on any server". Does that mean i cannot use Deluge?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, wobblewoo said:

should i forward any of the  host ports?

No. Any forwarded ports must be handled inside the VPN tunnel, by the VPN host end.

1 hour ago, wobblewoo said:

They also say "Unfortunately, port forwarding is not supported on any server". Does that mean i cannot use Deluge?

It means your torrent connections will be limited to those clients willing to send you data with no chance of you "returning the favor" so to speak by sending data to clients that would request it. Torrent protocol by design is very egalitarian, and it penalizes you if you aren't willing or able to reciprocate equally with all members of the swarm.

In practice that means you will only be able to successfully download some torrents, your download speeds will be limited, and you will not be able to use private trackers normally.

This is not deluge specific, it's torrents in general. Torrents require port forwarding to work as designed.

You need to find a VPN provider that works with port forwarding to fully use torrents. You may get it to work somewhat, but you will always be limited.

Hello, ive found some info in adding the date to the deluged.log which i find useful in keeping track of when torrents are added/removed. If the docker is updated will this persist? Or will the update revert the log to time only? 

Id also like to somehow have the deluged.log be persistent, so new entries are appended, instead of the logfile being overwritten entirely on restart. 

Is this possible? 

Thanks,

Dan

Ok, I give up.  I've spent hours off and on on this issue and I cannot figure it out.

At some point (to which I have no idea when, it's been at least a month or two now, I've had little time to work on it) I've lost access to the webui for DelugeVPN.  I have few troubleshooting skills when it comes to linux so the only things that I've done to try to fix it is container updates as well as deleting the container (including the image) and reinstalling it.  I know the container is still running because certain other pieces of software still use it and are able to send requests to it, which it happily pulls and transfers.  I just simply cannot access the webgui. 

I've tried different browsers, different machines entirely.  I've temporarily port-forwarded it's port through my router to attempt to access it externally, no luck.  Console works.

Unraid 6.11-RC4. binhex-delugevpn, whatever the latest version is.  Network is bridge, accessing it via http://mylocalIP:8112.  Subnet is correct in the config, 192.168.10.0/24

[edit]

Logs are helpful I suppose.  
It has been so long since I did the initial setup that I forgot about having to copy the OpenVPN files over from PIA.  In the logged, it looked like that was an issue, so I re-downloaded the openvpn.zip from PIA and followed the (5 year old) SIO video.  I deleted the old openvpn file in appdata, made a new one, copied the 3 required files over.  If the VPN is enabled (in container settings) I get the following log and errors.  If it is disabled, I get my webgui back.  Obviously I have an issue with the VPN setup (I think), but I'm not sure what it is? 

text  error  warn  system  array  login  

-P FORWARD DROP
-P OUTPUT DROP
-A INPUT -s 172.17.0.0/16 -d 172.17.0.0/16 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 212.102.35.147/32 -i eth0 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 212.102.35.22/32 -i eth0 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 195.78.54.188/32 -i eth0 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 8112 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p udp -m udp --dport 8112 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 192.168.10.0/24 -d 172.17.0.0/16 -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 58846 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 192.168.10.0/24 -d 172.17.0.0/16 -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 8118 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p icmp -m icmp --icmp-type 0 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i tun0 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -s 172.17.0.0/16 -d 172.17.0.0/16 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -d 212.102.35.147/32 -o eth0 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -d 212.102.35.22/32 -o eth0 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -d 195.78.54.188/32 -o eth0 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 8112 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p udp -m udp --sport 8112 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -s 172.17.0.0/16 -d 192.168.10.0/24 -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 58846 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -s 172.17.0.0/16 -d 192.168.10.0/24 -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 8118 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -p icmp -m icmp --icmp-type 8 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o tun0 -j ACCEPT

2022-09-13 01:06:13,182 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
--------------------

2022-09-13 01:06:13,182 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting OpenVPN (non daemonised)...

2022-09-13 01:06:13,205 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2022-09-13 01:06:13 DEPRECATED OPTION: --cipher set to 'aes-128-cbc' but missing in --data-ciphers (AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM). Future OpenVPN version will ignore --cipher for cipher negotiations. Add 'aes-128-cbc' to --data-ciphers or change --cipher 'aes-128-cbc' to --data-ciphers-fallback 'aes-128-cbc' to silence this warning.

2022-09-13 01:06:13 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible
2022-09-13 01:06:13 OpenVPN 2.5.7 [git:makepkg/a0f9a3e9404c8321+] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on May 31 2022
2022-09-13 01:06:13 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1q  5 Jul 2022, LZO 2.10

2022-09-13 01:06:13 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts

2022-09-13 01:06:13 CRL: loaded 1 CRLs from file -----BEGIN X509 CRL-----
<SNIPPED>
-----END X509 CRL-----

2022-09-13 01:06:13 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]212.102.35.147:1198
2022-09-13 01:06:13 UDP link local: (not bound)
2022-09-13 01:06:13 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]212.102.35.147:1198

2022-09-13 01:06:14,635 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2022-09-13 01:06:14 [amsterdam416] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]212.102.35.147:1198

2022-09-13 01:06:14,732 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2022-09-13 01:06:14 TUN/TAP device tun0 opened
2022-09-13 01:06:14 net_iface_mtu_set: mtu 1500 for tun0
2022-09-13 01:06:14 net_iface_up: set tun0 up
2022-09-13 01:06:14 net_addr_v4_add: 10.17.112.220/24 dev tun0
2022-09-13 01:06:14 /root/openvpnup.sh tun0 1500 1553 10.17.112.220 255.255.255.0 init

2022-09-13 01:06:14,734 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2022-09-13 01:06:14 Initialization Sequence Completed

2022-09-13 01:06:21,868 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to get external IP using 'http://checkip.amazonaws.com'...

2022-09-13 01:06:32,211 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Failed on last attempt, attempting to get external IP using 'http://whatismyip.akamai.com'...

2022-09-13 01:06:32,529 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Successfully retrieved external IP address <snipped>

2022-09-13 01:06:32,531 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Port forwarding is not enabled

2022-09-13 01:07:02,959 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge listening interface IP 0.0.0.0 and VPN provider IP 10.17.112.220 different, marking for reconfigure

2022-09-13 01:07:02,963 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge not running

2022-09-13 01:07:02,965 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge Web UI not running

2022-09-13 01:07:02,967 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy not running

2022-09-13 01:07:02,967 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start Deluge...
[info] Removing deluge pid file (if it exists)...

2022-09-13 01:07:03,271 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge key 'listen_interface' currently has an undefined value
[info] Deluge key 'listen_interface' will have a new value '10.17.112.220'
[info] Writing changes to Deluge config file '/config/core.conf'...

2022-09-13 01:07:03,459 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge key 'outgoing_interface' currently has an undefined value
[info] Deluge key 'outgoing_interface' will have a new value 'tun0'
[info] Writing changes to Deluge config file '/config/core.conf'...

2022-09-13 01:07:03,589 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge key 'default_daemon' currently has a value of '42dd2611abd94ceb9de451ee26f8965f'
[info] Deluge key 'default_daemon' will have a new value '42dd2611abd94ceb9de451ee26f8965f'
[info] Writing changes to Deluge config file '/config/web.conf'...

2022-09-13 01:07:03,796 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge process started
[info] Waiting for Deluge process to start listening on port 58846...

2022-09-13 01:07:04,005 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge process listening on port 58846

2022-09-13 01:07:05,108 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
Setting "random_port" to: False
Configuration value successfully updated.

2022-09-13 01:07:05,108 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
<Deferred at 0x145d08cc3010 current result: None>

2022-09-13 01:07:06,128 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
Setting "listen_ports" to: (6890, 6890)
Configuration value successfully updated.

2022-09-13 01:07:06,129 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
<Deferred at 0x1491ab346d10 current result: None>

2022-09-13 01:07:07,213 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
<Deferred at 0x1470aae66fe0 current result: None>

2022-09-13 01:07:07,252 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] No torrents with state 'Error' found

[info] Starting Deluge Web UI...

[info] Deluge Web UI started

2022-09-13 01:07:07,253 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start Privoxy...

2022-09-13 01:07:08,257 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy process started
[info] Waiting for Privoxy process to start listening on port 8118...

2022-09-13 01:07:08,259 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy process listening on port 8118

Any help would be appreciated

[/edit]

Edited by Brandon_K
2 hours ago, Brandon_K said:

I've temporarily port-forwarded it's port through my router to attempt to access it externally, no luck.  Console works.

Unraid 6.11-RC4. binhex-delugevpn, whatever the latest version is.  Network is bridge, accessing it via http://mylocalIP:8112.  Subnet is correct in the config, 192.168.10.0/24

[edit]

Logs are helpful I suppose.  

If the VPN is enabled (in container settings) I get the following log and errors.  If it is disabled, I get my webgui back.  Obviously I have an issue with the VPN setup (I think), but I'm not sure what it is? 

Don't port-forward on your router, it has no effect on the VPN tunnel, it just adds security risks.

The logs show a successful start, so the VPN tunnel should be up.

The symptoms you describe definitely sounds like a mismatch between the LAN_NETWORK range on the container (192.168.10.0/24) and the computer you're accessing it from. What's the IP of your PC and the unraid server?

Edited by Jorgen
On 9/12/2022 at 5:33 AM, TurboStreetCar said:

Hello, ive found some info in adding the date to the deluged.log which i find useful in keeping track of when torrents are added/removed. If the docker is updated will this persist? Or will the update revert the log to time only? 

If you describe what you did to configure this we'll have a better chance of answering that question. Generally, anything you add to a running container, via the container CLI for example, is purged when you rebuild the container. But there are way to pass in extra commands on start of a new container. So it depends on how you are making those changes to the logging function.

On 9/12/2022 at 5:33 AM, TurboStreetCar said:

Id also like to somehow have the deluged.log be persistent, so new entries are appended, instead of the logfile being overwritten entirely on restart. 

Is this possible? 

Looks like what you want is to start the deluge daemon with the option --logrotate, see below.

This is not currently possible as far as I know, but Binhex COULD add in another environment variable to control this (or just turn it on by default for everyone). Similar to how we can already control the log level for the daemon. You might have to bribe him with some beer money though...

image.png.f1ddae8e7e7453dc995654ce7e682d86.png