Jump to content
linuxserver.io

[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

1687 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 2:23 PM, CHBMB said:

 

Like I said, the script to create the build I wrote last night, so if it works you'll just have to run a kernel-compile script and then the ceton one.

 

Just a report back. It might be user error but I couldn't get it to work.  If I lspci -v after booting, I can see a Non-VGA Unclassified Device that is the Ceton. It purports to be using the driver (can't remember exactly what the file name of the driver was, but it is "ctn" something. I am using SageTV and Sage could never see the device. If anyone else is using a ceton and wants me to work some more on this I will, but I broke down and just bought an HDHomerun Prime, which is working perfectly. CHBMB, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to try to help me out. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post

Using the

21 hours ago, willieb said:

 

Just a report back. It might be user error but I couldn't get it to work.  If I lspci -v after booting, I can see a Non-VGA Unclassified Device that is the Ceton. It purports to be using the driver (can't remember exactly what the file name of the driver was, but it is "ctn" something. I am using SageTV and Sage could never see the device. If anyone else is using a ceton and wants me to work some more on this I will, but I broke down and just bought an HDHomerun Prime, which is working perfectly. CHBMB, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to try to help me out. Thanks.

 

Did you passthrough the device to the Sage docker container?

Share this post


Link to post

All v6.3.3 builds have been uploaded last night.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, CHBMB said:

All v6.3.3 builds have been uploaded last night.

Thanks CHBMB for all the hard work, will there be a TBS&LibreELEC build like there was in 6.3.2 ?

 

I have a tbs dvb-c 6821 card and a usb Si2168 dvb-c dongle and want to use them together with tvheadend

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, jteeuw said:

Thanks CHBMB for all the hard work, will there be a TBS&LibreELEC build like there was in 6.3.2 ?

 

I have a tbs dvb-c 6821 card and a usb Si2168 dvb-c dongle and want to use them together with tvheadend

 

That's the TBS Opensource build I think you're referring to.  What does it say under DVB Version on your unRAID DVB Plugin page?

Share this post


Link to post

 

11 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

That's the TBS Opensource build I think you're referring to.  What does it say under DVB Version on your unRAID DVB Plugin page?

installed the wrong version , with the tbs-os version everthing works fine!

Share this post


Link to post

Hi there...I'm trying to upgrade to LibreELEC 6.3.3 (from LibreELEC 6.3.2), but after I click OK in the "Are you sure you want to install" window, it opens the "Installing LibreELEC 6.3.3" window, but nothing happens.  Where it would normally show the installation text output, it just shows the Done button.

 

On my display on my unRAID server, it shows the "Tower login" prompt, and then "execv: Permission denied".

 

I've rebooted the server, tried the upgrade again, same result, and have attached diagnostics, hopefully that helps, usually these upgrades just work. Thanks!

tower-diagnostics-20170401-1259.zip

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, stor44 said:

Hi there...I'm trying to upgrade to LibreELEC 6.3.3 (from LibreELEC 6.3.2), but after I click OK in the "Are you sure you want to install" window, it opens the "Installing LibreELEC 6.3.3" window, but nothing happens.  Where it would normally show the installation text output, it just shows the Done button.

 

On my display on my unRAID server, it shows the "Tower login" prompt, and then "execv: Permission denied".

 

I've rebooted the server, tried the upgrade again, same result, and have attached diagnostics, hopefully that helps, usually these upgrades just work. Thanks!

tower-diagnostics-20170401-1259.zip

Found the issue.  Fix will be pushed in a little while.

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, stor44 said:

Thanks for that, CHBMB!  Have a nice day!

Thanks mate, problem was I'd repulled the files locally to fix some display stuff and forgotten to chmod +x the install scripts.   Updated plugin just now the 2017.04.01a release should work.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, 

 

I installed unraid 6.3.3 two days ago and wanted to install the unRAID DVB Edition. After installing unRAID DVB Edition and TV headend Docker container I tried to install a DVB unRAID Build. Here is my problem: When I click on "Select an image to install" I'll get only following selection: "top top" ( attached you'll find a screenshot of this behavior). 

Does anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong? 

 

 

unraid_dvbproblem.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

I think our server might be down atm. It was last night.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post

Hi

thans for your fast answer. The problem is still there :( 

Do you know when the server will be accessible again? Or is there another way to install the dvb drivers for tvheadend? 

Share this post


Link to post

Hey,

will the 6.3.3 driver version should work fine on unraid 6.3.4 ?

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, amstel said:

Hey,

will the 6.3.3 driver version should work fine on unraid 6.3.4 ?

 

Thanks.

No the 6.3.3 version is Unraid 6.3.3 compiled with DVB drivers. 

 

For Unraid v6.3.4 you need to wait until I've compiled Unraid 6.3.4 with DVB drivers. ;-)

Share this post


Link to post

All the v6.3.4 builds are uploaded.  Will need to upgrade the plugin to download them, a recent website upgrade broke the plugin.  Big thanks to @Squid for fixing it so quickly,

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, CHBMB said:

No the 6.3.3 version is Unraid 6.3.3 compiled with DVB drivers. 

 

For Unraid v6.3.4 you need to wait until I've compiled Unraid 6.3.4 with DVB drivers. ;-)

 

 

Thanks for the reply

and thanks for uploading the new version :-)

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, CHBMB said:

All the v6.3.4 builds are uploaded.  Will need to upgrade the plugin to download them, a recent website upgrade broke the plugin.  Big thanks to @Squid for fixing it so quickly,

Just to clarify - to upgrade I just upgrade the DVB edition, I don't need to upgrade the "core" unRAID first, correct?  In fact, if I am using the DVB version I assume that I never want to upgrade the core version as it will hose my system.

Share this post


Link to post

Can just upgrade the DVB. Impossible to hose your system whichever way you do it.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks - if I upgraded and didn't have the DVB edition then my SageTV system wouldn't work properly so that is what I meant by hosed.

Share this post


Link to post

Even then you could just downgrade again.

 

EDIT: Oh yeah, I get what you mean. Yeah if you update without using my builds then you'll lose all DVB functionality.

 

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Dunno, why not use the plugin?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post

Upgrade the plugin.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.