[Plugin] CA User Scripts

On 4/17/2024 at 12:13 AM, Amane said:

Hi sasbro

Cron jobs do not run with the full user environment, which means some environment variables needed by docker or your script might not be set correctly. This can affect the execution of commands that rely on these variables.

Add the line on top of your script:

PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin

I hope it helps.

If not, test whether you can copy the script into the container and execute it with the scheduled user script - just for test

Grüsse ;)

Hey as I told you it worked. At least I thought so. Now after many days I realized again it did not work. I changed the schedule now once to run it in a few minutes also opened the script and closed it again without changes. Now it worked again. I guess unfortunately again just once. What the hell is causing this behavior? I added the PATH line. I feels like some kind of cache or something.

11 hours ago, sasbro97 said:

Hey as I told you it worked. At least I thought so. Now after many days I realized again it did not work. I changed the schedule now once to run it in a few minutes also opened the script and closed it again without changes. Now it worked again. I guess unfortunately again just once. What the hell is causing this behavior? I added the PATH line. I feels like some kind of cache or something.

Ok... I would extend the logging so that you create a log file in the "/config" folder, i.e. the one that is mapped in appdata.

#!/bin/bash
#description=This script updates all apps in Nextcloud.
#arrayStarted=true
#name=Nextcloud Auto-Update Apps

CONTAINER_LOGFILE="/config/auto_update_script.log"

echo "Script PATH: $(printenv PATH)"

docker exec -u www-data nextcloud echo -e "\nStart: $(date)" >> $CONTAINER_LOGFILE
docker exec -u www-data nextcloud echo -e "\nDocker PATH: $(printenv PATH)" >> $CONTAINER_LOGFILE

docker exec -u www-data nextcloud echo -e "\napp:update output:" >> $CONTAINER_LOGFILE
docker exec -u www-data nextcloud php /var/www/html/occ app:update --all >> $CONTAINER_LOGFILE 2>&1
docker_exit_status=$?

if [ $docker_exit_status -eq 0 ]; then
    curl -fsS -m 10 --retry 5 --data-raw "$m" http://unraid-server:8003/ping/1505e87d-84e2-4806-a2a0-fa214d96cb17
    echo -e "\nScript succeeded"
fi

On 4/16/2024 at 10:10 PM, sasbro97 said:
OK
Script succeeded

This issue is particularly interesting, as it is otherwise not logged?!

docker exec -u www-data nextcloud php /var/www/html/occ app:update --all >> $CONTAINER_LOGFILE 2>&1

Edited by Amane

@sasbro97 Ok i have test the PATH and i see that:

Manual Script PATH:	/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
Cron Script PATH:	.:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin

So test:

PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin"

That also works:

On 4/17/2024 at 3:22 PM, JoeUnraidUser said:
#!/bin/bash -l

source /root/.bash_profile

But check the docker PATH with the script above

Edited by Amane