[Support] Linuxserver.io - TVHeadend

Thanks @alturismo

According to my search engine of choice you are using a Fritz!Box? The port of my Selfsat dish/sat>ip server is; 8000

Using your example: 

2019-02-26 18:59:05.103 [ ERROR] satip: Cannot get http://192.168.178.30:49000/satipdesc.xml: Connection refused

Using port 8000:

2019-02-26 19:01:49.576 [ ERROR] satip: Cannot get http://192.168.178.30:8000/satipdesc.xml: No such file or directory

Seems that port 8000 is correct but how do I get the xml file? 

i would try to look @google ... 

my sample was of course a sample ;) just to show how the variable is set, and i only need this for my fritz dvb-c tuner ...

my DD octopus v2 is detected just like that ... 

looks like selfsat is not broadcasting itself, so also may ask their support ?

heres the screen from my tvh tuners, the fritz needed the xml variable ... 

image.png.3a1daba510292e45d4859e59d03b4ae8.png

8 minutes ago, scotttiamit said:

Hi I have a XMLTV script for EPG that I want to get to show as an option in the 'EPG Grabber Modules' how/where do I copy my tv_grab_nz-py file? I used Krusader docker to copy it into the /media/appdata/tvheadend/.xmltv folder and restarted tvheadend docker but I am still not seeing this as an option? Thanks.

It goes in /usr/bin/ inside the container. 

Hi i do have a problem with unraid DVB and TVHeadend.

Im not sure if its a problem of unraid DVB or TVH but part of DVB works so i decide to ask for help here first.

I use a SAT TV Card with 2 Tuners. I use a splitter to get my unicable signal in both tuners. Buf the 2nd doesnt work like it should. I TVH the 2nd Tuner also looks different and i guess thats why i cant get a signal. With the Adapter 0 everything works fine but it would be cool to see TV at 2 different Channels at the same time.

Hope you can help me with that. i attached a picture of my TVH.

thanks a lot!

unraid_tvh_problem.JPG

2 hours ago, burzlbaum said:

Hi i do have a problem with unraid DVB and TVHeadend.

Im not sure if its a problem of unraid DVB or TVH but part of DVB works so i decide to ask for help here first.

I use a SAT TV Card with 2 Tuners. I use a splitter to get my unicable signal in both tuners. Buf the 2nd doesnt work like it should. I TVH the 2nd Tuner also looks different and i guess thats why i cant get a signal. With the Adapter 0 everything works fine but it would be cool to see TV at 2 different Channels at the same time.

Hope you can help me with that. i attached a picture of my TVH.

thanks a lot!

unraid_tvh_problem.JPG

Have you tried different versions of unraid dvb? 

Is there any option on the second tuner you didn't set maybe? 

Hi saarg,

i did every possible setting in TVH "dvb-inputs" but it seems to be two different "kind" of adapter and i dont get why.

i havent tried a different version of unraid dvb. without unraid-dvb it wasnt working at all. but i can remember that there was a time where both adapters was unicable (but the 2nd one wasnt working aswell)

3 minutes ago, burzlbaum said:

Hi saarg,

i did every possible setting in TVH "dvb-inputs" but it seems to be two different "kind" of adapter and i dont get why.

i havent tried a different version of unraid dvb. without unraid-dvb it wasnt working at all. but i can remember that there was a time where both adapters was unicable (but the 2nd one wasnt working aswell)

You have to set it to unicable fof the text unicable to show. Hard to help when you don't post any screenshots of the settings. 

erm yes sorry i forgot that switching language to english might be a good idea xD

the 2nd adapter didnt change in any way after i deactivate the unicable or set another method (which wont work then) 😞

Thank you very much for your will to help :)

//edit

updated unraid dvb to version 6.6.7

updated tvheadend to newest

- no changes :(

//edit 2

found a similar problem in a german board.

solution is to delete the folder "input" now i have to setup everything again but at least the 2nd tuner is shown as it should

thanks for your time and suggestions!

Edited by burzlbaum
On 2/26/2019 at 8:01 PM, alturismo said:

and after a few seconds google may try this ...

--satip_xml http://IPADDRESS:8080/desc.xml

Well, I did all may home work and even updated my Selfsat device. According to this site the correct RUN_OPT should be: 

--satip_xml http://192.168.178.30:8000

However, doesn't work for me. TVheadend even doesn't show anything under DVB Input.

5 hours ago, EdgarWallace said:

Well, I did all may home work and even updated my Selfsat device. According to this site the correct RUN_OPT should be: 

--satip_xml http://192.168.178.30:8000

However, doesn't work for me. TVheadend even doesn't show anything under DVB Input.

did you try the /desc.xml in the end ?

--satip_xml http://192.168.178.30:8000/desc.xml

Hello,I use the wakeup script from the tvh wiki https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend/wiki/Wakeup

If the directory /mnt/cache/appdata/tvheadend/dvr/log/ is empty everything works fine !The computer is awakened by the created timer makes its recording and goes back to sleep.

The old timer remains in the directoryA new timer does not wake the computer anymore!

I started the script by hand with the following error message:

/test.sh: line 29: 15517842001551784202: syntax error in expression (error token is "1551784202")

if I empty the directory / log everything works again

what happens there, what am I doing wrong?

sorry for my english, i need google

4 hours ago, nebosa said:

Hello,I use the wakeup script from the tvh wiki https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend/wiki/Wakeup

If the directory /mnt/cache/appdata/tvheadend/dvr/log/ is empty everything works fine !The computer is awakened by the created timer makes its recording and goes back to sleep.

The old timer remains in the directoryA new timer does not wake the computer anymore!

I started the script by hand with the following error message:

/test.sh: line 29: 15517842001551784202: syntax error in expression (error token is "1551784202")

if I empty the directory / log everything works again

what happens there, what am I doing wrong?

sorry for my english, i need google

I don't know why it's happening as I don't use wake up. 

Please post how you set it up and the scripts you use and I'll look at it. 

thanks, here's the script:

#!/bin/bash
#
# set ACPI Wakeup alarm
# safe_margin - minutes to start up system before the earliest timer
# script does not check if recording is in progress
#
#

echo 1 > /timer

# bootup system 60 sec. before timer
safe_margin=120

# modyfy if different location for tvheadend dvr/log path
cd /mnt/cache/appdata/tvheadend/dvr/log

######################

start_date=0
echo $start_date
stop_date=0
echo $stop_date

current_date=`date +%s`

for i in $( ls ); do
tmp_start=`cat $i | grep '"start":' | cut -f 2 -d " " | cut -f 1 -d ","`
tmp_stop=`cat $i | grep '"stop":' | cut -f 2 -d " " | cut -f 1 -d ","`

echo $tmp_start
echo $tmp_stop

# check for outdated timer
if [ $((tmp_stop)) -gt $((current_date)) -a $((tmp_start)) -gt $((current_date)) ]; then

# take lower value (tmp_start or start_date)
if [ $((start_date)) -eq 0 -o $((tmp_start)) -lt $((start_date)) ]; then
start_date=$tmp_start
stop_date=$tmp_stop

echo $start_date
echo $stop_date

fi
fi
done

wake_date=$((start_date-safe_margin))

echo $start_date >> /timer
echo $wake_date >> /timer

# set up waleup alarm
if [ $((start_date)) -ne 0 ]; then
echo 2 >> /timer
echo 0 > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm
echo $wake_date > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm
fi

the problem only occurs if an expired timer (file) is in /log. If I delete the file by hand, it works again for the next recording.

On 3/5/2019 at 5:12 PM, nebosa said:

thanks, here's the script:

#!/bin/bash
#
# set ACPI Wakeup alarm
# safe_margin - minutes to start up system before the earliest timer
# script does not check if recording is in progress
#
#

echo 1 > /timer

# bootup system 60 sec. before timer
safe_margin=120

# modyfy if different location for tvheadend dvr/log path
cd /mnt/cache/appdata/tvheadend/dvr/log

######################

start_date=0
echo $start_date
stop_date=0
echo $stop_date

current_date=`date +%s`

for i in $( ls ); do
tmp_start=`cat $i | grep '"start":' | cut -f 2 -d " " | cut -f 1 -d ","`
tmp_stop=`cat $i | grep '"stop":' | cut -f 2 -d " " | cut -f 1 -d ","`

echo $tmp_start
echo $tmp_stop

# check for outdated timer
if [ $((tmp_stop)) -gt $((current_date)) -a $((tmp_start)) -gt $((current_date)) ]; then

# take lower value (tmp_start or start_date)
if [ $((start_date)) -eq 0 -o $((tmp_start)) -lt $((start_date)) ]; then
start_date=$tmp_start
stop_date=$tmp_stop

echo $start_date
echo $stop_date

fi
fi
done

wake_date=$((start_date-safe_margin))

echo $start_date >> /timer
echo $wake_date >> /timer

# set up waleup alarm
if [ $((start_date)) -ne 0 ]; then
echo 2 >> /timer
echo 0 > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm
echo $wake_date > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm
fi

the problem only occurs if an expired timer (file) is in /log. If I delete the file by hand, it works again for the next recording.

It looks like you have modified your script after you posted the error message about line 29, since line 29 in the script you posted is empty. 

From a quick google of your error, it looks like it has something to do with the -eq part in the code.

9 hours ago, m0ngr31 said:

Can I request compiling Tvheadend with support for nvenc now that nvidia drivers are available to docker containers? I'd like to be able to transcode channels from my HDHomerun.

It didn't work when I tested it and the tvheadend site was down at the time, so couldn't report it. Will try again when I get some time. 

On 7/3/2017 at 4:59 PM, pepper said:

I modified a comcut.sh script found on the net and use it as the postprocessor to remove the commercials using comskip edl. Still a work in progress but very interesting to play with.  Let me know if you make enhancements.

p.s. made a few changes to the comskip.ini as I was losing the end of some programs.

comcut.sh

comskip.ini

Anyone else using this script?  The chapters seem to be misplaced when output to mkv.