[Support] Linuxserver.io - TVHeadend

I just tested my setup in the remote site. I can easy stream 4 HD IPTV videos simultaneously without any buffering (no more devices to test even more streams). Only the stream via internet is buffering. Again, my raspi 2 in the same network can transport 1 hd stream without buffering; my server with the docker setup can't. Any hint where to look? Thank you.

Finally, I discovered the problem: when streaming over the internet I used the streaming profile "standard" instead of "pass" even though "pass" is the standard profile in tvheadend. On my raspi it works with standard and "pass" as the standard setting. Sorry to bother you and thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who are struggling with TVHeadend messing up in handling a Hauppauge WinTV-QuadHD card, I just came up with a workaround that separates the two and provides great stability: 

tl;dr: Install minisatip in a separate Docker and let it handle the /dev/dvb instead of TVHeadend, which in turn only gets to use the DVB-C stuff through the SAT>IP network protocol. Problem solved. :D

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I am having some issues importing xml based epg guides (I hope I am saying that correctly) into TVHeadEnd. The built in tv_grab_huro works great, but I downloaded webgrab++ xml files and tv_grab_wb does not import them. I created the /config/data folder, and when I run tv_grab_wb from the console of the container I get what seems like correct results:

image.thumb.png.d0c0a8f9731867683e0e22c459c6341a.png

But when I run the internal grabber in TVheadend, it doesn't have any channels:

image.png.18b5407840bee90b9c21d671b2f0bc41.png

So, if am I doing something wrong? or does this mean that NONE of the links in the XML files are returning any content?

I am still not sure what I am supposed to do with the .ini files I downloaded from http://www.webgrabplus.com/epg-channels#stc_3D... All documentation I read from webgrab seems to want me to point webgrab to the xml files and that should be pulling in EPG content.

1 hour ago, huntastikus said:

Hi all,

I am having some issues importing xml based epg guides (I hope I am saying that correctly) into TVHeadEnd. The built in tv_grab_huro works great, but I downloaded webgrab++ xml files and tv_grab_wb does not import them. I created the /config/data folder, and when I run tv_grab_wb from the console of the container I get what seems like correct results:

image.thumb.png.d0c0a8f9731867683e0e22c459c6341a.png

But when I run the internal grabber in TVheadend, it doesn't have any channels:

image.png.18b5407840bee90b9c21d671b2f0bc41.png

So, if am I doing something wrong? or does this mean that NONE of the links in the XML files are returning any content?

I am still not sure what I am supposed to do with the .ini files I downloaded from http://www.webgrabplus.com/epg-channels#stc_3D... All documentation I read from webgrab seems to want me to point webgrab to the xml files and that should be pulling in EPG content.

Are you trying to import the config file of webgrab++ using the tv_grab_wg?

Webgrab++ is a standalone software you run to get the TV listing in an xml file that you import into tvheadend using the wg grabber.

Just now, saarg said:

Webgrab++ is a standalone software you run to get the TV listing in an xml file that you import into tvheadend using the wg grabber.

.... so I have to run webgrab++ (such as the webgrab container from lsio) separately to generate another xml file that I import with the wg grabber?

5 hours ago, saarg said:

Thank you, that was the perfect nudge in the right direction, got it working!

3 hours ago, tdse said:

My problem with different version (latest, 4.2, 4.2.1): When streaming with pass TVH tries to transcode the stream which is not necessary at all (IPTV). Is there any option to supress this behaviour? Thank you.

More info is needed. How is you setup and which profiles are you using. Which client are you using.

If you are using the tvh gui and the player there, it will transcodes by default.

17 hours ago, saarg said:

More info is needed. How is you setup and which profiles are you using. Which client are you using.

As a client I am using a Raspi with libreelec. I tried a Rapi 2 with libreelec 8.2 with Kodi 17.6 and a Raspi 4 with libreelec 9.2 with Kodi 9 and TVH client latest available version.

1 hour ago, tdse said:

Attached please find a sample log. The issue is that the iptv stream does not stream continuously but with a lot of buffering.

Log 

I would suggest to ask over at the tvheadend forums, you'll likely get more help about this there. (Are you using unraid btw? Reason I ask, your UID/GID in the logs show 911 which isn't what it should be for containers.)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I have spent hours searching forums and cannot find a solution to a problem with docker, tvheadend and SAT>IP.

I am getting this error - RTSP port 554 specified but no root perms, using 9983. I understand that this is because 554 is a protected port number but I cannot see anyway to get the linuxserver, or any other tvheadend docker image to allow it. Has anyone cracked this nut?

9 hours ago, latitudehopper said:

Hi everyone. I have spent hours searching forums and cannot find a solution to a problem with docker, tvheadend and SAT>IP.

I am getting this error - RTSP port 554 specified but no root perms, using 9983. I understand that this is because 554 is a protected port number but I cannot see anyway to get the linuxserver, or any other tvheadend docker image to allow it. Has anyone cracked this nut?

You are running the container in host mode i guess? If you run it in bridge mode and need to use port 554 on the outside, you can just port map 9983 to 554.

If you run in host mode, we can try to allow tvheadend to use a port lower than 1024 with a command.

Run the below commands and see if that works. Restart the container after you run the commands.

docker exec -it tvheadend bash
apk --update add libcap
setcap cap_net_bind_service=+epi /usr/bin/tvheadend
exit

Edited by saarg

the iptv automatic network is not a good idea

use iptv network (only) then go to transponder and there you past links.

i use tvheadend in home and server, home with usb dvb-t and in server i only use iptv network to push from home.

users, dont foget to add ip adresses in home to server could pick up the stream

Edited by carlossantos
  • 3 weeks later...

how to use TVH with user:password?

i grab channels with udpxy in my network and want to let watch them with auth.
I try http://login:pass@ip:port/playlist/channels
but VLC player still ask login password.
Other software without auth just say 401 and can't play.

scr1.jpg

scr2.jpg

scr3.jpg

10 minutes ago, Nuke said:

how to use TVH with user:password?

i grab channels with udpxy in my network and want to let watch them with auth.
I try http://login:pass@ip:port/playlist/channels
but VLC player still ask login password.
Other software without auth just say 401 and can't play.

scr1.jpg

scr2.jpg

scr3.jpg

Probably better to ask on the tvheadend forum.

• 2 months later...

Hi folks,

Finding it quite tough to read ffmpeg guidance online, or find examples of FFMPEG piping in TVHeadEnd (under stream profile?).

Can anyone provide an example of a stream profile that could...

• Transcoding from the original MPEG-TS container + MP2/AC3/EAC3 (audio depends on channel).
  • Transcoding To .mp4 container with AVC x264 video and AAC audio.

As far as I'm aware this is considered the most widely supported format for most HTML5 browsers, hence the ask, but not sure if possible.

Big thanks in advance!

Hello,

I know I should just attempt it to see if it will work or not, but I spent a lot of wasted time trying to get Emby working, I am going to ask the experts before wasting any more time.  :)

I am running an Unraid server, primarily for Plex.  I also have an IPTV service that I watch behind a VPN on my Fire TV 4k.  I was trying to set up Emby on my Unraid server for my IPTV service but I found out that it can't route through Privoxy.  I want to make sure I'm behind my VPN when accessing that service.  But I don't want to put my whole server behind the VPN nor do I want to put Plex behind the VPN.

Therefore, I was wondering if I can run TVHeadend through Privoxy to access the IPTV stream and use TvhProxy to funnel the stream over to Plex.

At the end of the day, I want to hide myself when using the IPTV service but not have everything behind a VPN due to speed concerns.

Also, if there is another/better option I should research, please let me know!

Thanks in advance

Edited by Vordak
5 hours ago, Vordak said:

Hello,

I know I should just attempt it to see if it will work or not, but I spent a lot of wasted time trying to get Emby working, I am going to ask the experts before wasting any more time.  :)

I am running an Unraid server, primarily for Plex.  I also have an IPTV service that I watch behind a VPN on my Fire TV 4k.  I was trying to set up Emby on my Unraid server for my IPTV service but I found out that it can't route through Privoxy.  I want to make sure I'm behind my VPN when accessing that service.  But I don't want to put my whole server behind the VPN nor do I want to put Plex behind the VPN.

Therefore, I was wondering if I can run TVHeadend through Privoxy to access the IPTV stream and use TvhProxy to funnel the stream over to Plex.

At the end of the day, I want to hide myself when using the IPTV service but not have everything behind a VPN due to speed concerns.

Also, if there is another/better option I should research, please let me know!

Thanks in advance

u may should move to a different topic as this is not tvheadend related, fast link

note, take a look which app is connecting to your iptv provider, your proxy (when i remember it uses ffmpeg, so it may connecting by itself) or really tvheadend is connected to your iptv provider.

• Thanks 1