[Support] Linuxserver.io - TVHeadend

• 5 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, psycmos said:

I updated to Unraid 6.7 but i lost transcoding.
So i revered back to Unraid 6.6.6 and now are working good again.

So, somebody can give me the best place to report that issue?
Others user with PLEX are reporting the same issue in newer version of unraid 6.7 ( Transcoding with VAAPI not working).

https://forums.plex.tv/t/cant-get-plex-hw-transcoding-to-work-with-docker-unraid-6-7-0/424489/2

Why are you posting in the tvheadend thread if you have issues with plex?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, saarg said:

Why are you posting in the tvheadend thread if you have issues with plex?

Sorry, i'm using TVheadend but i found other reports with plex saying the same issue like me in TVH after update to 6.7.
To get transcoding working again in TVH i need revert back to unraid 6.6.6 and it comes working again.
I found it interesting to share PLEX too, to report that not happen only in TVH

Edited by psycmos
12 minutes ago, psycmos said:

Sorry, i'm using TVheadend but i found other reports with plex saying the same issue like me in TVH after update to 6.7.
To get transcoding working again in TVH i need revert back to unraid 6.6.6 and it comes working again.
I found it interesting to share PLEX too, to report that not happen only in TVH

You need to explain what is happening in TVheadend and not plex.

This has most likely nothing to do with the container. Probably something with unraid.

Please don't post multiple places about the same issue. The correct place for tvheadend unraid issues are in this thread, not github.

So please provide info about how this is set up and logs from unraid and tvheadend.

Does the same thing happen in plex for you?

Do you see the /dev/dri device inside the container and what is the permissions in both unraid and container.

• Like 1
On 6/22/2019 at 3:16 PM, saarg said:

You need to explain what is happening in TVheadend and not plex.

This has most likely nothing to do with the container. Probably something with unraid.

Please don't post multiple places about the same issue. The correct place for tvheadend unraid issues are in this thread, not github.

So please provide info about how this is set up and logs from unraid and tvheadend.

Does the same thing happen in plex for you?

Do you see the /dev/dri device inside the container and what is the permissions in both unraid and container.

I can confirm that's an Unraid issue because other topics that's are opened at this forum.
My setup is J4105M (Board with processor).

label unRAID OS

menu default

kernel /bzimage

append pci=realloc=off initrd=/bzroot

At file Flash/Config/GO i used

#Setup drivers for hardware transcoding

modprobe i915

chown -R nobody:users /dev/dri

chmod -R 777 /dev/dri

#!/bin/bash

# Start the Management Utility

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

In DOCKER TVHEADEND use [ --device=/dev/dvb --device=/dev/dri:/dev/dri] under extra parameters
_______________________________________________________________________________________
I can see the device i915 v1.6.0 (/dev/dri/renderD128).
I think i will move this issue to General support because other users report this too in Unraid 6.7

About unraid logs,  how can i get it?

Capturar33.PNG

9 hours ago, psycmos said:

I can confirm that's an Unraid issue because other topics that's are opened at this forum.
My setup is J4105M (Board with processor).

label unRAID OS

menu default

kernel /bzimage

append pci=realloc=off initrd=/bzroot

At file Flash/Config/GO i used

#Setup drivers for hardware transcoding

modprobe i915

chown -R nobody:users /dev/dri

chmod -R 777 /dev/dri

#!/bin/bash

# Start the Management Utility

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

In DOCKER TVHEADEND use [ --device=/dev/dvb --device=/dev/dri:/dev/dri] under extra parameters
_______________________________________________________________________________________
I can see the device i915 v1.6.0 (/dev/dri/renderD128).
I think i will move this issue to General support because other users report this too in Unraid 6.7

About unraid logs,  how can i get it?

Capturar33.PNG

Logs are in the diagnostics in tools. Just post the complete diagnostics.zip.

Also post the output of ls -al /dev/dri in both unraid and the container.

• 1 month later...

I have everything up and running thanks to this post and all the correct configuration , just one small question , how do I access the Picons folder ? I'm new to Unraid and still on the trial period 

I can add Picons using URL directly from the internet but I prefer to add them to the local Picons folder 

Thanks

Rami

40 minutes ago, Ramiii said:

Thank you

Let me explain what I want to do. I’m good with the Picons included but I’m missing some of the channels since I’m in Egypt and they are not included. How do I add them ?

You would need to add them upstream (picons.eu) so they get picked up by us.

Otherwise, you'll have to re-add them everytime the image updates.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Having an issue getting tvh to recognize my iptv service ...something that was working before the last update....I get an error Couldn't start streaming /blah blah blah, No assigned adapters

Darned if I can figure out how to assign the IPTV network as the adapter...

I'm obviously missing something too simple for me to find!

Any thoughts out there?

9 minutes ago, Richie12a said:

Hi

Having an issue getting tvh to recognize my iptv service ...something that was working before the last update....I get an error Couldn't start streaming /blah blah blah, No assigned adapters

Darned if I can figure out how to assign the IPTV network as the adapter...

I'm obviously missing something too simple for me to find!

Any thoughts out there?

Which version are you using? Release-4.2 or latest?

You can try to use an earlier tag, which you can find on the docker hub page.

IPTV doesn't need an adapter, so something is not as it should.

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to set up a buffer for the docker image? When using a raspi with tvheadend and buffer I can watch TV without interruption. However, with the docker image it does not work without buffering on my mobil devices (Apple TV, iPhone, and iPad). The apps for Apple products do not offer a buffer. Thank you.

2 hours ago, tdse said:

Is it possible to set up a buffer for the docker image? When using a raspi with tvheadend and buffer I can watch TV without interruption. However, with the docker image it does not work without buffering on my mobil devices (Apple TV, iPhone, and iPad). The apps for Apple products do not offer a buffer. Thank you.

I do not understand what you mean by buffer. If it's something you do in tvheadend, you can do the same in the container.

59 minutes ago, tdse said:

It is not directly related to tvheadend. In kodi you can setup a buffer / cache to avoid buffering. When using tvheadend from inside kodi you avoid buffering. What I am looking for is a similar buffer / cache for the docker image. 

Apart from time shift, there are no options to set up a buffer.

If you get buffering on your devices, there is something wrong with your setup somewhere. If you are not transcoding the streams, then it might be your network is too slow. If you are transcoding, your CPU might be too slow.

There is no transcoding involved. On my Raspi II tvheadend works like a charm without any buffering at all. The same channels on my more powerful server show very heavy buffering after 1 second all the time. CPU and RAM are OK. (16 % CPU and 1,4 GB out of 4 for the entire system and for tvheadend 98 MB RAM and almost no CPU).

4 minutes ago, tdse said:

There is no transcoding involved. On my Raspi II tvheadend works like a charm without any buffering at all. The same channels on my more powerful server show very heavy buffering after 1 second all the time. CPU and RAM are OK. (16 % CPU and 1,4 GB out of 4 for the entire system and for tvheadend 98 MB RAM and almost no CPU).

If you only have 4 GB ram for the server, that might be the issue. You have to remember that unraid also use ram and other applications also.

Could also be your network. If you have a realtek network card, they are known to have poor performance on linux.