[Support] Linuxserver.io - TVHeadend

Hi

I'm trying to setup XMLTV from xmltv.se which holds EPG update for all the nordic countries, and some others. (see http://xmltv.xmltv.se/ and look for "channels-COUNTRY-NAME")

After searching the forum for answers, I ended up with this particular case from vw-kombi dated 15 of June - 2018

I have also read the guide from Github, but still I can not figure out what to do. The config share is set up correctly in container settings to /mnt/cache/appdata/tvheadend

This is the file I want to import http://xmltv.xmltv.se/channels-Norway.xml , and created data folder under /config/ directly in the Docker. 

Imported the .xml file from url above (channels-Norway.xml), and all channel show up in Configuration -> EPG Grabber Channels.

The channels show up with the right EPG source, but it downloads/shows no information about the program schedual.

What am I doing wrong, and is it possible to add this site to the container for norwegian channels?

8 minutes ago, j44rs4 said:

Hi

I'm trying to setup XMLTV from xmltv.se which holds EPG update for all the nordic countries, and some others. (see http://xmltv.xmltv.se/ and look for "channels-COUNTRY-NAME")

After searching the forum for answers, I ended up with this particular case from vw-kombi dated 15 of June - 2018

I have also read the guide from Github, but still I can not figure out what to do. The config share is set up correctly in container settings to /mnt/cache/appdata/tvheadend

This is the file I want to import http://xmltv.xmltv.se/channels-Norway.xml , and created data folder under /config/ directly in the Docker. 

Imported the .xml file from url above (channels-Norway.xml), and all channel show up in Configuration -> EPG Grabber Channels.

The channels show up with the right EPG source, but it downloads/shows no information about the program schedual.

What am I doing wrong, and is it possible to add this site to the container for norwegian channels?

You are doing it wrong. You use the grabber in tvheadend to grab the info from xmltv.se.

In the readme at GitHub linked in the first post, you have the info for configuring the xmltv grabber. Use the Norway xmltv address when it asks for it.

Use the Swedish grabber in tvheadend as it works for Norwegian channels also. I used it for years.

Edited by saarg

Thx for showing me the in the right direction, it is all working now.

I was misslead by the name of the grabber and thought it was for Swedish xmltv only.

I got it all working now, but find the guidance at GitHub very misleading.

First I thought i had to write the whole command in UR dash "docker exec -it -u abc tvheadend /usr/bin/for_you_to_fill_out --configure"

since "docker" is not a valid command in the docker-container. I think many newbies find this difficult.

Also "docker exec -it -u abc tvheadend" is no part of the command, only saying that it's the container of Tvheadend.

The only command that should be highlighted is "/usr/bin/for_you_to_fill_out --configure" after you explained that one have to be within the container.

Anyways, thx again for all help.

18 minutes ago, j44rs4 said:

Thx for showing me the in the right direction, it is all working now.

I was misslead by the name of the grabber and thought it was for Swedish xmltv only.

I got it all working now, but find the guidance at GitHub very misleading.

First I thought i had to write the whole command in UR dash "docker exec -it -u abc tvheadend /usr/bin/for_you_to_fill_out --configure"

since "docker" is not a valid command in the docker-container. I think many newbies find this difficult.

Also "docker exec -it -u abc tvheadend" is no part of the command, only saying that it's the container of Tvheadend.

The only command that should be highlighted is "/usr/bin/for_you_to_fill_out --configure" after you explained that one have to be within the container.

Anyways, thx again for all help.

The command is executed from your host, so it is complete in the readme. The only thing you have to substitute is which grabber you configure.

You need to do docker exec using the -u abc part or else you configure it as root and you will get permission problems.

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody,

I am facing a problem and cannot find a solution.
I have a Sundtek Media TV3 Pro USB stick for cables.

I installed the driver for it and I also installed Unraid DVB with librelec, which also shows me that the DVB driver is installed. However, no adapter is displayed there. The Version of unraid is 6.8.3 and the newest DVB Unraid for 6.8.3.

As a result, the TV headend does not find a card. When I look under /dev/dvb, I see an Adapter0 there.

Which leads me to the next phenomenon, when I install the TVH plug in from "mettbrot" the DVB stick is found.

I would rather have the Docker here than the plugin.
I hope you can help me along with that!

Regards Maggi

5 hours ago, Zerocowt said:

Hello everyone, everything good?
Does anyone know how to enable IPV6 on tvheadend?

I tried to pass the -6 argument to "Post Arguments:" but the container does not start

I'm not sure if docker on unraid has V6 support.

Is -6 the correct option? You have supplied nothing from the logs or any error messages, so are to say what the issue is.

1 hour ago, Maggi0r said:

Hello everybody,

I am facing a problem and cannot find a solution.
I have a Sundtek Media TV3 Pro USB stick for cables.

I installed the driver for it and I also installed Unraid DVB with librelec, which also shows me that the DVB driver is installed. However, no adapter is displayed there. The Version of unraid is 6.8.3 and the newest DVB Unraid for 6.8.3.

As a result, the TV headend does not find a card. When I look under /dev/dvb, I see an Adapter0 there.

Which leads me to the next phenomenon, when I install the TVH plug in from "mettbrot" the DVB stick is found.

I would rather have the Docker here than the plugin.
I hope you can help me along with that!

Regards Maggi

Did you pass it through to the container?

4 minutes ago, bonienl said:

IPv6 support is only available for custom (macvlan) networks. This is configured under the Docker settings.

Host and bridge networks have IPv4 only.

Thank you for the info.

Do you have a sixt sense when it comes to people posting about network? 😁

12 minutes ago, Maggi0r said:

Hello this is shown to me when I execute the command on the unraid server.

Regards Maggi

DEV_DVB.PNG

And if you do the same exec into the container/opening the console from the docker menu?

You could try to do a chown -R nobody:users /dev/dvb

9 minutes ago, saarg said:

And if you do the same exec into the container/opening the console from the docker menu?

You could try to do a chown -R nobody:users /dev/dvb

If I do the same command on the Docker console, I get it here.

oot@c5b7b0a965f9:/# ls -al /dev/dvb
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root  60 Jun  3 08:08 .
drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 360 Jun  3 08:08 ..
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 100 Jun  3 08:08 adapter0
root@c5b7b0a965f9:/# 

I do the chown command on the console of the unraid?

Regards Maggi

7 minutes ago, Maggi0r said:

If I do the same command on the Docker console, I get it here.

oot@c5b7b0a965f9:/# ls -al /dev/dvb
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root  60 Jun  3 08:08 .
drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 360 Jun  3 08:08 ..
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 100 Jun  3 08:08 adapter0
root@c5b7b0a965f9:/# 

I do the chown command on the console of the unraid?

Regards Maggi

Yes, you do the chown command on the unraid console.

The problem is that the abc user (the one running tvheadend) doesn't have write permissions to the adapter.

I though the dvb plugin would do a chown and a chmod on the dvb adapter, but I have to ask chbmb.

Hmm I have now done that but in the log I get the following.

2020-06-03 08:25:13.219 [ ERROR] linuxdvb: unable to open /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
crwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 212, 1 Jun  1 19:20 demux0
crwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 212, 2 Jun  1 19:20 dvr0
crwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 212, 0 Jun  1 19:20 frontend0
root@Tower:/dev/dvb/adapter0#

Regards Maggi

13 minutes ago, Maggi0r said:

Hmm I have now done that but in the log I get the following.

2020-06-03 08:25:13.219 [ ERROR] linuxdvb: unable to open /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0

crwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 212, 1 Jun  1 19:20 demux0
crwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 212, 2 Jun  1 19:20 dvr0
crwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 212, 0 Jun  1 19:20 frontend0
root@Tower:/dev/dvb/adapter0#

Regards Maggi

Then I don't know what is happening.

Did you restart the container after making the changes?

Edited by saarg

If I look under DVBUnraid no adapter is shown.

unRAID Version:	6.8.3
Linux Kernel Version:	4.19.107
DVB Version:	LibreELEC
Driver Version:	1.4.0
DVB Kernel:	Detected
DVB Adapter Drivers:	Detected
DVB Adapter 0:	Not Detected

This is from TVHeadend Plugin

MEDIA tree:	DETECTED
DVB tuner:	DETECTED
Tvheadend login/password:	ACCEPTED

Do I have to restart the unraid after I have rewritten the rights?

Regards Maggi

Edited by Maggi0r
58 minutes ago, Maggi0r said:

If I look under DVBUnraid no adapter is shown.

unRAID Version:	6.8.3
Linux Kernel Version:	4.19.107
DVB Version:	LibreELEC
Driver Version:	1.4.0
DVB Kernel:	Detected
DVB Adapter Drivers:	Detected
DVB Adapter 0:	Not Detected

This is from TVHeadend Plugin

MEDIA tree:	DETECTED
DVB tuner:	DETECTED
Tvheadend login/password:	ACCEPTED

Do I have to restart the unraid after I have rewritten the rights?

Regards Maggi

Can you try to remove the tvheadend plugin?

Then check/change the permissions and then start the tvheadend container.

It seems like I'm out of luck.

I uninstalled the plugin and restarted the server once. Afterwards I had to reinstall the driver for the Sundtek Stick. Since it is probably always lost after a reboot.

I then did this and also changed the rights as described by you. But to no avail, when I watch DVB Unraid the adapter is not found there.
Also in the TVH no adapter is indicated and I still get the error message in the LOG as already written above.

Regards Maggi

11 minutes ago, Maggi0r said:

It seems like I'm out of luck.

I uninstalled the plugin and restarted the server once. Afterwards I had to reinstall the driver for the Sundtek Stick. Since it is probably always lost after a reboot.

I then did this and also changed the rights as described by you. But to no avail, when I watch DVB Unraid the adapter is not found there.
Also in the TVH no adapter is indicated and I still get the error message in the LOG as already written above.

Regards Maggi

Are you saying you are installing the drierfor the dvb adapter yourself and it's not using the VB plugin?

What does the permissions look like in the container now?

If I don't install the driver.
If the DVB stick is not found in the TVH plugin.
I also have to have installed the DVB plugin otherwise the DVB driver is not recognized by the TVH plugin.

root@2e48b5c5004d:/# ls -al /dev/dvb
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root  60 Jun  3 11:36 .
drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 360 Jun  3 11:36 ..
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 100 Jun  3 11:36 adapter0
root@2e48b5c5004d:/# 

These are the authorizations when I reinstall the TVH Docker.

Regards Maggi