linuxserver.io

[Support] Linuxserver.io - SWAG - Secure Web Application Gateway (Nginx/PHP/Certbot/Fail2ban)

5134 posts in this topic Last Reply

12 hours ago, MMeirolas said:

Believe me: Googling is all i have been doing... I am on day 7 of my test phase for Unraid, and have read the whole wiki page. Have watched all spaceinvader one videos, have read a lot of answers on this topic.

Unfortunately for each app you want to install in unraid, there is very little Information available. Yes there are tutorials on the syncthing webpage, but for "docker/docker-compose"... That's messing with the terminal, and not the reason i switched to unraid. So i had to to resort to this forum...

With Ubuntu one can google: "how to install syncthing?" and a million Webpages show up.

And don't get me wrong, i know people are here helping out on a volunteer basis, which all of us noobs are greatful for. But telling people: "you need to make a linux course to learn the terminal, then a networking course, then an unraid course and then a syncthing course..." Only to be able to sync a few files from your smartphone to your server... instead of writing a tutorial for unraid, is not a beginner friendly approach and shoves people to other OS's where they have those tutorials.

But anyways, enough written.

Thx for trying to help.

Off to Ubuntu again :)

Cheers

Are you expecting to learn everything on an instant? That's not how it works.

There isn't much command line stuff you need to do in unraid, so I'm not sure what you mean.

You have alot of applications in CA that you can just click to install and fill in what is needed in the template. No command line or docker compose needed.

Comparing guides for Ubuntu with guides for unraid isn't really fair, is it?

7 hours ago, SPOautos said:

I know I sound retarded but I cant find a second set.  Are you refering to the Heimdall template?  Under the "show more settings" there is a PUID and PGID, are you refering to those? I can only find the one set of ports in my Heimdall template.

image.thumb.png.328c4557dcf1c1c82010265b8b35ae76.png

OHHH was my last post that had the template images confusing because I had Heimdall and Swag templates in the post back to back?

I think you need to go check your eyes. Don't you see on the left side you have http port and https port twice?

Screenshot_20201022-214125.jpg

1 hour ago, saarg said:

I think you need to go check your eyes. Don't you see on the left side you have http port and https port twice?

Screenshot_20201022-214125.jpg

Confusion......do you mean to remove the line item with "remove" to the right?  I thought you were meaning to remove any actual port number.

How would those have got there if they aren't supposed to be there?? Does the fact that its duplicated mean there may be something wrong with the install?

Edited by SPOautos

1 minute ago, SPOautos said:

Confusion......do you mean to remove the line item with "remove" to the right?  I thought you were meaning to remove any actual port number.

How would those have got there if they aren't supposed to be there?? Does the fact that its duplicated mean there may be something wrong with the install?

Yes, click the remove button.

It's not double in the template we supply, so it's something you have added.

It might interfere and cause issues, so best to remove it.

3 minutes ago, saarg said:

Yes, click the remove button.

It's not double in the template we supply, so it's something you have added.

It might interfere and cause issues, so best to remove it.

Removed them, I don't see how I could have added them....I don't know anything at all about how to do something like that and haven't ventured into anything except where instructions point you too.

I have unraid server which is running dockers and swag also. Everythink is working like should. The question is, can I run Plex in docker or just a server in ubuntu on another machine and access it through swag proxy like dockers in unraid server?

1 hour ago, iccb said:

I have unraid server which is running dockers and swag also. Everythink is working like should. The question is, can I run Plex in docker or just a server in ubuntu on another machine and access it through swag proxy like dockers in unraid server?

You can run it as a container on unraid or on another server and still use swag. You just exchange plex with the IP for the other server. And port if you change it.

I'm looking for a way to limit bandwidth based on IP (NOT on a per connection basis). I want to allow multiple connections from a single IP, but the total bandwidth per ip to have a specified limit.

I found a simple module that does this here, but it seems super old (but there are some newer pull requests for it that convert it to a dynamic module, and some that fix bugs): https://github.com/bigplum/Nginx-limit-traffic-rate-module

Is there a way to install new modules? Or another way to accomplish this goal?

Edited by Crash
mentioning the active pull requests on limit-traffic-rate module

26 minutes ago, Crash said:

I'm looking for a way to limit bandwidth based on IP (NOT on a per connection basis). I want to allow multiple connections from a single IP, but the total bandwidth per ip to have a specified limit.

I found a simple module that does this here, but it seems super old (but there are some newer pull requests for it that convert it to a dynamic module, and some that fix bugs): https://github.com/bigplum/Nginx-limit-traffic-rate-module

Is there a way to install new modules? Or another way to accomplish this goal?

No, nginx would have to be compiled with it

6 hours ago, aptalca said:

No, nginx would have to be compiled with it

Any alternative solution?

Hello,

I migrated to Swag a while ago with no issues at all. Today there was an update to swag that failed. Once I rebooted my server, the gui didn't start.

I booted into safemode with gui without plugins and was able to start the array.

I continued working on the system and found that If I stopped swag, the system started and gui loaded.I copied my settings removed swag, rebooted and the gui loaded. I then reinstalled swag and rebooted and the gui didn't load. I open a terminal and type docker stop swag and within seconds the gui loads.

If I restart swag all of my reverser proxies work perfectly.

I am completely lost.

Here is my latest diag

Thanks 

Chas

tower-diagnostics-20201028-1552.zip

Both letsencrypt and Organizr updated today and one of which broke the organizr auth included in letsencrypt (SWAG). It just gives a 500 error now on any page that has auth enabled. Does anyone have a potential fix?

1 hour ago, tdunks said:

Both letsencrypt and Organizr updated today and one of which broke the organizr auth included in letsencrypt (SWAG). It just gives a 500 error now on any page that has auth enabled. Does anyone have a potential fix?

Of you haven't done any changes to the following files, nginx.conf, proxy.conf, and ssl.conf, then try to delete them and restart swag.

If that doesn't fix it, it might be organizr.

7 hours ago, tdunks said:

Probably the links to the API. How do you use it?

There should be an include to:

/config/nginx/proxy-confs/organizr-auth.subfolder.conf;

and make sure the proxy_pass points to /api/v2/auth?group=$1

That fixed it for me

4 hours ago, Tuumke said:

Probably the links to the API. How do you use it?

There should be an include to:

/config/nginx/proxy-confs/organizr-auth.subfolder.conf;

and make sure the proxy_pass points to /api/v2/auth?group=$1

That fixed it for me

Could you share you full contents of that file? I'm having this issue and I feel like I've made the appropriate api reference updates, but it's not working.

The Organizr docs mention making sure you include this block somewhere:

location /api/v2 {
	try_files $uri /api/v2/index.php$is_args$args;
}

Where does that go?

i have problems with letsencrypt and emby. Is it acually REALLY nessesary to make a user defined docker bridge network??

i have problems with letsencrypt and emby. Is it acually REALLY nessesary to make a user defined docker bridge network??
No. It just makes it easier to use out of the box like plug and play. You just need to change the proxy pass to the IP and port

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, mudsloth said:

Could you share you full contents of that file? I'm having this issue and I feel like I've made the appropriate api reference updates, but it's not working.

The Organizr docs mention making sure you include this block somewhere:

location /api/v2 {
	try_files $uri /api/v2/index.php$is_args$args;
}

Where does that go?

There is a proxy conf named organizr-auth you can use instead of adding it to your proxy-conf.

hey. I need direkt http downloads for my gameserver (maps etc..) in the past i used nginx for that and it worked fine. How can i realise it with swag. I want to mount the game folder someware to the swag container and i want to direkt access files from "domain.org/ut3"  how is that possible. I use subfolders btw

32 minutes ago, Gee1 said:

hey. I need direkt http downloads for my gameserver (maps etc..) in the past i used nginx for that and it worked fine. How can i realise it with swag. I want to mount the game folder someware to the swag container and i want to direkt access files from "domain.org/ut3"  how is that possible. I use subfolders btw

Swag is using nginx.

Hi.

Dunno what happen, but suddenly all of my customized config files has disappeared and the container is starting up with vanilla config files.

I do have a backup so I can recover, but how can I find the root cause of this?

Haven't done anything besides checking for container updates...

Thanks

On 10/29/2020 at 8:34 PM, ryanm91 said:

Can anyone share a subdomain.conf for zoneminder?

anyone?