[Support] cheesemarathons repo

11 hours ago, Camilo said:

I was following the guide to install Ghost using MySQL and I have a couple of questions. Port 3306 in my case is used with MariaDB for other service. Ghost recommends to use MySQL (https://ghost.org/docs/faq/supported-databases/) so I'd like to consider this suggestion. Thus, I had to install MySQL, but on port 3307. However, in the installation instructions, for the Ghost, it says: "Next set the Database User, Database Password and Database Name. We set these up in the first section. If you setup your own MySQL installation then you should know what these values are." I tried using "localip", "localip:3307", "http://localip", "http://localip:3307". I don't know which one is correct. After that, I tried with all of them, and in all cases the Ghost container starts and stops immediately. The logs state:

Error: URL in config must be provided with protocol, eg. "http://my-ghost-blog.com"
    at Object.checkUrlProtocol (/var/lib/ghost/versions/5.62.0/core/shared/config/utils.js:44:15)
    at Object.loadNconf (/var/lib/ghost/versions/5.62.0/core/shared/config/loader.js:56:16)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/var/lib/ghost/versions/5.62.0/core/shared/config/index.js:3:25)
    at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1256:14)
    at Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1310:10)
    at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1119:32)
    at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:960:12)
    at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1143:19)
    at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:121:18)
    at bootGhost (/var/lib/ghost/versions/5.62.0/core/boot.js:454:18)

According to the tutorial, I followed this step: "The URL can be set to the URL that you wish to access Ghost from. Leave this blank if you are only running this locally." I left it blank, but I also used http://localip and localip.

I'm uncertain if the change in the port for MySQL is related to the error.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Cool I think I understand what is going on here. My first suggestion would be to not install MySQL. MariaDB is an opensource implementation of MySQL, so 99% of the time any application that can connect and use a MySQL database can also use a MariaDB database. So what I would do is set Ghost to use your MariaDB instance.

Setup is the same. I'll put a screenshot of my config below for reference. Database IP is the IP address of the machine running MariaDB. I assume your unRAID machine. So something like 192.168.1.45 or whatever your IP scheme is. Database user and password are self explanatory. Database name is the name of the database within MariaDB you wish Ghost to use.

The other issue you seem to be having is with the URL setting. If you are running a blog that can not be accessed from a domain name then leave it blank. If that fails then I would remove the variable entirely. Just click the remove button on the right hand side.

If you ever plan to open your Ghost blog up to the internet, you will need to set this to the domain name your site will be reachable from. In my case it is `https://squishedmooo.com/` Note that as the error suggests, you need to include a protocol in the URL. https is correct for the most part.

I hope that helps, but if you have any more questions, just shout.

image.thumb.png.cb5671b385dc58bd432046aa19d58e49.png

Edited by cheesemarathon
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

I am getting error ER_FK_INCOMPATIBLE_COLUMNS when updating ghost to :latest or :5.74 , works fine on 5.59.1  . I haven't been able to find any reason why on the Ghost Forums. Thought I'd ask here if anyone else has solved this.

Thanks.

UPDATE: I think I solved my own issue. Instead of deleting, just going to leave a breadcrumb for future folks (or myself).  https://ghost.org/docs/faq/troubleshooting-mysql-database/#error-er_cant_create_table-with-_foreign-key-constraint-is-incorrectly-formed_

Using Adminer (community Apps) Container to connect to my MYSQL, I had the wrong (old) collation. Updated from utf8mb4_general_ci to utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci using Adminer.

Execute the following SQL Statement: SELECT CONCAT('ALTER TABLE ', table_name, ' CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci;') AS sql_statement FROM information_schema.tables WHERE table_schema = 'ghost';

Using the output from above, execute the following sql statement:

-- Disable foreign key checks

SET foreign_key_checks = 0;

-- Execute the generated ALTER TABLE statements

ALTER TABLE actions CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci; ALTER TABLE api_keys CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci; -- ... (paste whole  output from previous step)

-- Enable foreign key checks

SET foreign_key_checks = 1;

Edited by ChuckBuilds
  • Like 1
On 11/26/2023 at 3:29 AM, ChuckBuilds said:

Hello,

I am getting error ER_FK_INCOMPATIBLE_COLUMNS when updating ghost to :latest or :5.74 , works fine on 5.59.1  . I haven't been able to find any reason why on the Ghost Forums. Thought I'd ask here if anyone else has solved this.

Thanks.

UPDATE: I think I solved my own issue. Instead of deleting, just going to leave a breadcrumb for future folks (or myself).  https://ghost.org/docs/faq/troubleshooting-mysql-database/#error-er_cant_create_table-with-_foreign-key-constraint-is-incorrectly-formed_

Using Adminer (community Apps) Container to connect to my MYSQL, I had the wrong (old) collation. Updated from utf8mb4_general_ci to utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci using Adminer.

Execute the following SQL Statement: SELECT CONCAT('ALTER TABLE ', table_name, ' CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci;') AS sql_statement FROM information_schema.tables WHERE table_schema = 'ghost';

Using the output from above, execute the following sql statement:

-- Disable foreign key checks

SET foreign_key_checks = 0;

-- Execute the generated ALTER TABLE statements

ALTER TABLE actions CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci; ALTER TABLE api_keys CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci; -- ... (paste whole  output from previous step)

-- Enable foreign key checks

SET foreign_key_checks = 1;

Thanks for the update and fix. I had spotted the issue myself but had not had time to look into a fix!

Good day all. I have installed Ghost CMS with the help of 

https://technicalramblings.com/blog/how-to-setup-a-ghost-site-with-letsencrypt-and-mariadb-on-unraid/#ghost

So now that I have it installed, I dont know how to login. I do not know what the admin login info is. On top of that, when I try to create an account, it says "Failed to send magic link email". 

Any idea how I can

1. login to the admin account?

2. create new accounts?

Thanks so much

46 minutes ago, NotHere said:

Good day all. I have installed Ghost CMS with the help of 

https://technicalramblings.com/blog/how-to-setup-a-ghost-site-with-letsencrypt-and-mariadb-on-unraid/#ghost

So now that I have it installed, I dont know how to login. I do not know what the admin login info is. On top of that, when I try to create an account, it says "Failed to send magic link email". 

Any idea how I can

1. login to the admin account?

2. create new accounts?

Thanks so much

Head to {your blog domain}/ghost and the UI should guide you through the setup

Edited by cheesemarathon
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/15/2023 at 7:20 PM, cheesemarathon said:

Is this still the case? I saw another "app" for MinIO on the Community Apps in Unraid, maintained by imagegenius. Just curious.

Did anybody ever figure out anything other than MinIO for S3? Really needing some kind of S3 compatibility for backing up specific apps on other boxes.

My guess is that it would be possible to use say an zvol for MinIO storage, but how do I mount that in unraid?
I guess I need to do that from terminal as I cant find a way though gui, unassigned devices does not pick up zvols ether (yet)

trying to install ghst

Error: URL in config must be provided with protocol, eg. "http://my-ghost-blog.com"
    at Object.checkUrlProtocol (/var/lib/ghost/versions/5.75.3/core/shared/config/utils.js:44:15)
    at Object.loadNconf (/var/lib/ghost/versions/5.75.3/core/shared/config/loader.js:56:16)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/var/lib/ghost/versions/5.75.3/core/shared/config/index.js:3:25)
    at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1356:14)
    at Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1414:10)
    at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1197:32)
    at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1013:12)
    at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1225:19)
    at require (node:internal/modules/helpers:177:18)
    at bootGhost (/var/lib/ghost/versions/5.75.3/core/boot.js:458:18)
    at Object.checkUrlProtocol (/var/lib/ghost/versions/5.75.3/core/shared/config/utils.js:44:15)
    at Object.loadNconf (/var/lib/ghost/versions/5.75.3/core/shared/config/loader.js:56:16)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/var/lib/ghost/versions/5.75.3/core/shared/config/index.js:3:25)
    at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1356:14)
    at Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1414:10)
    at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1197:32)
    at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1013:12)
    at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1225:19)
    at require (node:internal/modules/helpers:177:18)
    at bootGhost (/var/lib/ghost/versions/5.75.3/core/boot.js:458:18)

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2024 at 5:11 PM, Hammy Havoc said:

Is this still the case? I saw another "app" for MinIO on the Community Apps in Unraid, maintained by imagegenius. Just curious.

Did anybody ever figure out anything other than MinIO for S3? Really needing some kind of S3 compatibility for backing up specific apps on other boxes.

The Minio container image still works fine, you just have to ensure that your data is on the main data array/pool and NOT on the cache pool. This is simply because Minio no longer works on BTRFS.
The easiest fix is to create one or more array-only shares and use those instead, while of course also moving the data from the cache to the array, if necessary.

See here for more information: https://github.com/minio/minio/issues/19181

Does anyone have the SquishedMoo guides backed up or anything? Or other guide links? Their site seems to have gone down entirely since I couple days ago, and my Ghost setup isn't working correctly (worked for 24 hours and then died for no apparent reason)./ 

41 minutes ago, Nirin said:

Does anyone have the SquishedMoo guides backed up or anything? Or other guide links? Their site seems to have gone down entirely since I couple days ago, and my Ghost setup isn't working correctly (worked for 24 hours and then died for no apparent reason)./ 

Sorry having some issues with my server right now. Hopefully backup by Monday. In the meantime the way back archive has a copy: https://web.archive.org/web/20231227043755/https://squishedmooo.com/

On 3/13/2024 at 1:28 PM, Didstopia said:

The Minio container image still works fine, you just have to ensure that your data is on the main data array/pool and NOT on the cache pool. This is simply because Minio no longer works on BTRFS.
The easiest fix is to create one or more array-only shares and use those instead, while of course also moving the data from the cache to the array, if necessary.

See here for more information: https://github.com/minio/minio/issues/19181

i want to try minio , so if i have cache in zfs i can use it ? 

or only array share without cache ? xfs is OK or array share must be zfs also ?

• 2 weeks later...

Can somebody share a working config of Minio container exposed to the internet through reverse proxy? I remember that I did it myself a couple of years ago quite easily using Swag container - I just pointed s3.domain.com to minio:9000 and everything worked correctly. But now with all the changes to Minio (supposedly) I'm really struggling.

Locally Minio container seems to works fine. /data is mapped to /mnt/cloud/storage/minio (it's a zfs-formatted single SSD pool named 'cloud' with a single share named 'storage'). I am able to create buckets, write to and read from them via S3 browser, but nothing works when I try to expose Minio to the internet and access it remotely.

Edited by AnimusAstralis
  • 2 weeks later...

Routinely/regularly, ghost will error 500 and loose connection to the MySQL database. Almost daily.

Last night, I started from scratch. Fresh MySQL database (from CA) and fresh ghost (also from CA). 

No issues during setup. No database connections problems - connected and created database fine.

I don't know what/why/how, but randomly it will just lose the ability to access (error connection refused) the database and give me an error 500 webpage on the blog page and on the dashboard I get the red banner 'ECONNREFUSED 192.168.1.99:3306' at the top of the 500 webpage. I can't decipher the logs to get any clues. Both containers look fine and are running. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Ghost and MYSQL logs.zip tower-diagnostics-20240412-0926.zip

8 hours ago, CouchPawTayTow said:

Routinely/regularly, ghost will error 500 and loose connection to the MySQL database. Almost daily.

Last night, I started from scratch. Fresh MySQL database (from CA) and fresh ghost (also from CA). 

No issues during setup. No database connections problems - connected and created database fine.

I don't know what/why/how, but randomly it will just lose the ability to access (error connection refused) the database and give me an error 500 webpage on the blog page and on the dashboard I get the red banner 'ECONNREFUSED 192.168.1.99:3306' at the top of the 500 webpage. I can't decipher the logs to get any clues. Both containers look fine and are running. 

Ghost and MYSQL logs.zip 114.64 kB · 0 downloads tower-diagnostics-20240412-0926.zip 165.94 kB · 0 downloads

Had a look through the logs and nothing jumps out at me. Only thing is that the errors are all at the same sort of time:

01:17, 02:17, 06:17, 07:16, 21:26, 22:26, 23:26 which leads me to think, something is happening on a regular interval to cause this issue.

When you say you reinstalled the containers, did you delete the appdata directories for the containers as well, as any misconfiguration in there will just be carried over into the reinstall if not removed.

The other thing I would check is, when you have the error, check to see if you can connect to MySQL from another service. Id install the Adminer container on UnRAID and something like DBeaver on another machine and test both.

1 hour ago, cheesemarathon said:

Had a look through the logs and nothing jumps out at me. Only thing is that the errors are all at the same sort of time:

01:17, 02:17, 06:17, 07:16, 21:26, 22:26, 23:26 which leads me to think, something is happening on a regular interval to cause this issue.

When you say you reinstalled the containers, did you delete the appdata directories for the containers as well, as any misconfiguration in there will just be carried over into the reinstall if not removed.

The other thing I would check is, when you have the error, check to see if you can connect to MySQL from another service. Id install the Adminer container on UnRAID and something like DBeaver on another machine and test both.

I can't think of anything running on a schedule - much less an hourly one. Only think I can think of is rsync backup, but that only once a day, and doesn't touch appdata.

Yes, deleted appdata for all containers and setup from scratch, so hopefully no carry-over config gremlins.

When ghost is erroring, I can still connect with adminer using same credentials as ghost, so seems like MYSQL if still functioning

1 hour ago, CouchPawTayTow said:

I can't think of anything running on a schedule - much less an hourly one. Only think I can think of is rsync backup, but that only once a day, and doesn't touch appdata.

Yes, deleted appdata for all containers and setup from scratch, so hopefully no carry-over config gremlins.

When ghost is erroring, I can still connect with adminer using same credentials as ghost, so seems like MYSQL if still functioning

Ok so the issue must exist somewhere between Ghost and MySQL. I would enable the general query log on your MySQL container, which should show logs when Ghost attempts to connect. It might shed some more light on the situation.

Hi
I'm trying to set up the email settings with no success and ghost will no start before i set up my email setting.

Right now Mailgun is not free, so it is not an option. Especially when services like google offer it with no restriction. 

So, i have tried to establish the configuration with google service.

I have tried a lot of procedures, addings variables through de config template, adding it editing, adding manually, i can not remember all the things i have tried. 

Anything works. 

I'm continuously getting the missing email configuration warn in my log. Everytime. 
What can i do?

I'm talking about Ghost.

Edited by Calaat
On 4/12/2024 at 9:29 AM, CouchPawTayTow said:

Ghost and MYSQL logs.zip 114.64 kB · 1 download tower-diagnostics-20240412-0926.zip 165.94 kB · 1 download

I'm still having this issue - seems to be daily now. Works for a bit, then I come back the next day and the ghost dashboard/site has a 500 connection error and admin panel has connection refused.

Have tried a different MYSQL container. I can't find anything that would be happening on a schedule to break it (even then, I'd have guessed the permission/credentials either work, or they don't - so since they do for a while, it has to be something else, right?).
The standard logs appear to be useless.

UPDATE: Switched to MariaDB - works flawlessly. Not sure what the disconnect with official MYSQL container is (probably user error) but clearly something different involved with how it's meant to be setup.

Edited by CouchPawTayTow
Switched to MariaDB