Hello IPS! Forum Migration Complete!

jonp

2 minutes ago, saarg said:

You should go into your profile and edit your signature as it's quite big with the new line spacing. Use shift+enter to have no open space between lines.

See how it looks now in the picture attached.

sig.PNG

Yeah, and folks shouldn't get used to being able to have these large signatures.  I will be adding restrictions for # of lines, links, and images to signatures to help constrict some of these novel-length entries ;-)

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, jonp said:

This has been fixed.  The issue was when we had sub-menus to the main menus (like under Forums, Online Users, and Activity).  We removed those sub-menus and now the breadcrumbs bar is not cutoff.  Thanks again for reporting.

Just an FYI, a by-product of this fix was that customizing streams wasn't available temporarily.  I've fixed this by adding a separate item in the top menu bar for "My Activity Streams".

Just now, KShips said:

New Forum looks great!

One possible issue, I think there may be an issue with attachments?

Old forum has the attachement http://lime-technology.com/oldforum/index.php?topic=52533.msg541633#msg541633

and new one doesn't

Actually the old forum doesn't have that either.  It links to a file that doesn't exist.  Not sure why that happened there.  Could be that some attachments got messed up during the conversion.  If anyone else notices broken attachments as well, please let us know.

Edited.  Do we no longer have profiles displaying at the end of our posts?

Enable your sig in your profile. You also have the option to display all users dogs or not display certain ones (by hitting the x next to a sig on any post)

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Ambrotos said:

Was it a conscious decision not to enable a forum-wide RSS Feed? I see links for sub-category feeds, but haven't found the forum-wide URL. It'd be a shame if I couldn't keep monitoring via QuiteRSS.

Nope.  I'll look into this for you.

36 minutes ago, Ambrotos said:

Was it a conscious decision not to enable a forum-wide RSS Feed? I see links for sub-category feeds, but haven't found the forum-wide URL. It'd be a shame if I couldn't keep monitoring via QuiteRSS.

Ok, if you look in the bottom right, you'll see an RSS icon now that you can click.  I created one that contains the latest 100 items created across all the forum.  Is that what you wanted?

1 hour ago, jonp said:

Just an FYI, a by-product of this fix was that customizing streams wasn't available temporarily.  I've fixed this by adding a separate item in the top menu bar for "My Activity Streams".

Yep, that gets me what I want.  Quick picture of replies to things I've posted (both created and replied by me).  Only nit is, if I've replied to another post, I can't get to my post easily, have to sift through the pages to get there.  Is there a way to quickly get to the responded post?  It displays correctly in My Activity, but when I click on it, it takes me to the first post of that stream.

1 hour ago, jonp said:

Yeah, and folks shouldn't get used to being able to have these large signatures.  I will be adding restrictions for # of lines, links, and images to signatures to help constrict some of these novel-length entries ;-)

Yeah, its a pain to maintain too!  I thought it was standard practice to list what you had in place to help people in their answers to your questions.  It would be MORE useful to have people build a profile of their server so we could search to find folks with common equipment to see how they've dealt with things, or to get recommendations on equipment that works 'in the field'...

12 minutes ago, jeffreywhunter said:

Yeah, its a pain to maintain too!  I thought it was standard practice to list what you had in place to help people in their answers to your questions.  It would be MORE useful to have people build a profile of their server so we could search to find folks with common equipment to see how they've dealt with things, or to get recommendations on equipment that works 'in the field'...

We have plans for something like this but on steroids.

Just now, johnnie.black said:

I'd like to see people also post on this thread some of the new cool features they discover, eg, by accident I discovered that you can quickly quote just part of a post by highlighting it and a "quote this" option appears.

just showed me a new feature ;-)

Ok folks.  I think i'm going to lock this thread for now.  I really appreciate all the feedback and help troubleshooting issues with the launch, but I think we're finally at a place now where everything is mostly working as intended and just needs further tweaking / tuning to get it perfect.  The last change I made was to revert to the SMF method for line spacing.  This is better for tapatalk support as well and I'm sure everyone is having a hard time breaking the habit when creating multiple paragraph posts.

From here on out, please continue to post feedback on the forums as new topics in this forum.  Thanks everyone!!

• Upvote 1
  • jonp locked this topic