[Support] Djoss - HandBrake

11 hours ago, Djoss said:

After a little bit more investigation, it seems that the "source-path" parameter is working under Linux.  However, HandBrake will use the source path only if it is writeable.  By default, /storage inside the container is read-only, thus if your video is coming from there, the "source-path" parameter won't work.  If you want /storage to be writable, you can edit the "Storage" parameter of the container and change "Access Mode" to "Read/Write".  You have to switch to the "Advanced View" to be able to perform this.

sadly still didn't work after i set and confirmed both storage and output are set to read/write

22 minutes ago, jcofer555 said:

sadly still didn't work after i set and confirmed both storage and output are set to read/write

It's working for me.  How did you set the template ?

Also not that the source path is not part of the "Save to" field, but it is part of the "To" select box at the right.

49 minutes ago, Djoss said:

It's working for me.  How did you set the template ?

Also not that the source path is not part of the "Save to" field, but it is part of the "To" select box at the right.

here is my template configs for the path mounts and the overall template, also a screenshot of how i have it in the container but i don't see the source-path in the to on the right in doesn't give me a name either unles it put {source-path} {source} but still nothing in the to on the right

image.thumb.png.a624a1cfb00d076dcd074cac982fe723.png

image.png.e7f930e3b650ebf33c3a33e129ba5bdd.png

image.thumb.png.c78a1e658f095f8e9c6c11908de15501.png

image.thumb.png.a47a0542b242c025c8ec7b7092647ef4.pngimage.thumb.png.de6be38faf2838f47499374d94b697ec.png

Edited by jcofer555
46 minutes ago, jcofer555 said:

here is my template configs for the path mounts and the overall template, also a screenshot of how i have it in the container but i don't see the source-path in the to on the right in doesn't give me a name either unles it put {source-path} {source} but still nothing in the to on the right

Did you try "{source-path}/{source}" ?

8 minutes ago, Ruse said:

Hi, I think my question may have been overlooked. I found a very roundabout way of reorganizing the audio, but if there is an easier way to do it in handbrake I would really appreciate it.

What do you mean by "reorganizing audio" ?

17 minutes ago, Djoss said:

What do you mean by "reorganizing audio" ?

For example. I don't like Lossless Audio being the first in the list. I prefer regular DTS or AC3 first for compatibility, but unless I add them manually by hand or if I remux with toolnix. I can't do it that way. in the windows version I am able to drag and drop the audio tracks in whatever way I see fit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2024 at 8:33 AM, Djoss said:

If you want /storage to be writable, you can edit the "Storage" parameter of the container and change "Access Mode" to "Read/Write".  You have to switch to the "Advanced View" to be able to perform this.

I don't see "Access Mode" in Advanced View, is it called something else? Do I need to add a new variable?  Yes I was in advanced view and expanded all parameters/settings. 

NVM, once you are in "Advanced View" you click "Edit" next to the Storage variable. Got that. 

I changed it to read/write, because I output in a sub-directory of the storage volume. Restarted the container and am still seeing "because the associated output directory 'Cannot process watch folder because the associated output directory is not writable."

Anything else I need to do? 

• 4 weeks later...

Recently had to delete my docker.img file as i believe it was corrupted and was able to get my other docker containers working again. However having a issue with getting HandBrake re-installed. I've tried creating a new template, as well as using my previous version with same issues. See attached, its failing at the end, and not too sure how to proceed. Would greatly appreciate any advice.

Also results in an orphaned Image when going to the docker tab.

Screenshot 2024-02-19 221442.png

Edited by IaMs12
Forgot to add info
43 minutes ago, IaMs12 said:

Also results in an orphaned Image when going to the docker tab.

as you see in the end line you have a missconfiguration

1/ either fix it by setting a correct volume mapping or remove it as you obviously dont need/use it

2/ may read this as "easy fix"

Background, older Unraid (Docker) Version just "ignored" empty volume fields, not anymore ... ;)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm facing an issue with the autovideoconverter. It works without any issues when I use a CPU preset, but when I select a QSV preset the log immediately says Conversion ended successfully and it just produces a file with 0b filesize in the output folder.

I had the issue with a manual preset and thought that might be the issue, however I'm facing the exact same issue using the Standard preset Hardware/H.265 QSV 1080p

[autovideoconverter] Processing watch folder '/watch'...
[autovideoconverter] Waiting 60 seconds before processing '/watch/Movie_title.mkv'...
[autovideoconverter] Starting conversion of '/watch/Movie_title.mkv' (c7e97a8668fae82855ecc9f5b2a976c8) using preset 'Hardware/H.265 QSV 1080p'...
[autovideoconverter] 1 title(s) to process.
[autovideoconverter] Conversion ended successfully.

When I use the webinterface to convert the file it works just fine with the exact same profile and Handbrake is using QSV, no issues whatsoever. I just can't get it working with the autovideoconverter...

19 hours ago, seb_k said:

Hi,

I'm facing an issue with the autovideoconverter. It works without any issues when I use a CPU preset, but when I select a QSV preset the log immediately says Conversion ended successfully and it just produces a file with 0b filesize in the output folder.

I had the issue with a manual preset and thought that might be the issue, however I'm facing the exact same issue using the Standard preset Hardware/H.265 QSV 1080p

[autovideoconverter] Processing watch folder '/watch'...
[autovideoconverter] Waiting 60 seconds before processing '/watch/Movie_title.mkv'...
[autovideoconverter] Starting conversion of '/watch/Movie_title.mkv' (c7e97a8668fae82855ecc9f5b2a976c8) using preset 'Hardware/H.265 QSV 1080p'...
[autovideoconverter] 1 title(s) to process.
[autovideoconverter] Conversion ended successfully.

When I use the webinterface to convert the file it works just fine with the exact same profile and Handbrake is using QSV, no issues whatsoever. I just can't get it working with the autovideoconverter...

Update on that, I found an issue at github regarding that problem, unfortunately unresolved for 1.5 years now... maybe one of you can help me out...

• 3 weeks later...

I had to reinstall Handbrake due to....reasons. I'm running up against Handbrake attempting to re-convert my entire watch folder. Handbrake tracks the completed conversion in the file "successful_conversions"

Due to the reinstall or whatever I did the file was wiped out. I want to add the media files that were already converted to the file but

there appears to be a hash or some many-character-string added to the end of the file name. It appears to be required after I performed a test.

Any insight into 1) How to cludge the successful_conversions file to skip certain files and/or 2) Can a random string of character suffice the "hash" that is added. Example below First is a handbrake converted file and the second is my attempt to override it. Which was not successful. Thanks for any help

/watch/Memento Test(2000)/Memento 2000 Bluray-1080p.mkv c8d5b858506dca55ce40ff876910f0ef
/watch/A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (1973)/A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving 1973 Bluray-2160p.mkv